The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Preston North End V Aston Villa Saturday 1st October 2016 3pm KO. Build up and match thread.

+27
CoE82
smetro
VTID85
big ming
DaveAV1
FoxyAV
Synopsis
deadbuzzardalive
danclare82
De Kuip
achilles
Fpuppys
avfc forever
Barabass
DelboyVilla
Thinman
AstonThriller
Trotters
UnclePanda
andrew24561
Saunders82
worcesterkev
Army villain
The Utterer
Boldfinger
Villa_Dan
NARLA24
31 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

So what do we all think for this one then.

Preston North End V Aston Villa Saturday 1st October 2016 3pm KO. Build up and match thread. - Page 4 I_vote_lcap25%Preston North End V Aston Villa Saturday 1st October 2016 3pm KO. Build up and match thread. - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 6 ]
Preston North End V Aston Villa Saturday 1st October 2016 3pm KO. Build up and match thread. - Page 4 I_vote_lcap25%Preston North End V Aston Villa Saturday 1st October 2016 3pm KO. Build up and match thread. - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 6 ]
Preston North End V Aston Villa Saturday 1st October 2016 3pm KO. Build up and match thread. - Page 4 I_vote_lcap33%Preston North End V Aston Villa Saturday 1st October 2016 3pm KO. Build up and match thread. - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 8 ]
Preston North End V Aston Villa Saturday 1st October 2016 3pm KO. Build up and match thread. - Page 4 I_vote_lcap17%Preston North End V Aston Villa Saturday 1st October 2016 3pm KO. Build up and match thread. - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 4 ]
Preston North End V Aston Villa Saturday 1st October 2016 3pm KO. Build up and match thread. - Page 4 I_vote_lcap0%Preston North End V Aston Villa Saturday 1st October 2016 3pm KO. Build up and match thread. - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 24

Poll closed

Preston North End V Aston Villa Saturday 1st October 2016 3pm KO. Build up and match thread. - Page 4 Empty Re: Preston North End V Aston Villa Saturday 1st October 2016 3pm KO. Build up and match thread.

Post by VTID85 Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:58 pm

My concern with replacing RDM is that the team just might not be good enough to turn things round, regardless of who is in charge. Whilst I stick to previous statements that an "immediate return to the PL" is not my top priority, we're on a fast track in completely the wrong direction and next season it could be more about trying for an "immediate return" to the Championship instead.

Hard to know how to feel right now.

Last edited by VTID85 on Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
VTID85

Preston North End V Aston Villa Saturday 1st October 2016 3pm KO. Build up and match thread. - Page 4 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Preston North End V Aston Villa Saturday 1st October 2016 3pm KO. Build up and match thread. - Page 4 Empty Re: Preston North End V Aston Villa Saturday 1st October 2016 3pm KO. Build up and match thread.

Post by Army villain Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:59 pm

For two seasons we have spent lots of money, and we are still crap.Moral has gone, panicky all the time in defence.
Attacking play has been a let down, 
What do we do in training if any.
Army villain
Army villain

Preston North End V Aston Villa Saturday 1st October 2016 3pm KO. Build up and match thread. - Page 4 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:00 pm

Army villain wrote:For two seasons we have spent lots of money, and we are still crap.Moral has gone, panicky all the time in defence.
Attacking play has been a let down, 
What do we do in training if any.

Tossing each other off, possibly.
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:02 pm

AstonThriller wrote:Yeah I've tried to see the bigger picture and all but this is starting to look absolutely shocking now. I certainly can't complain if the end is nigh for RDM. You can't win one in eleven after spending nearly 60m, you just can't. The strikers look crap, the midfield can't create or score to save their lives, the keeper has made error after error and the defence is a shambles with Elphick leading it.

The Gods simply aren't with this club anymore lads. It doesn't matter what we try, new owner, new ceo, new manager, new players!!..still the same old CRAP.

The best we can hope for is bringing in a manager who can nick a few wins until we reach January and then we have to rethink the plan. Because right now it's looking like we've thrown a lot of money down the f#cking toilet.

Come on thats a reasonable squad of players (he's got 4 20 goal a season strikers) - Its clear his chopping and changing has caused the players to doubt him.

Quite simply we have to recruit better managers and let them get on with. Xia clearly went for RDM,he got it terribly wrong. he should take a back seat now and let Wyness choose the next manager.
smetro
smetro

Preston North End V Aston Villa Saturday 1st October 2016 3pm KO. Build up and match thread. - Page 4 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:02 pm

As it stands at HT RDM is as good as out the door for me. It's just shockingly bad and getting worse, I can only hope the 2nd half brings some kind of Phoenix from the flames type recovery. All common sense tells me, though, is that isn't going to happen and the dross will continue. I never thought RDM was the right appointment, he's been given plenty of rope and has successfully tied it around his neck. Will he jump or be pushed?
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:04 pm

Dazzle wrote:As it stands at HT RDM is as good as out the door for me. It's just shockingly bad and getting worse, I can only hope the 2nd half brings some kind of Phoenix from the flames type recovery. All common sense tells me, though, is that isn't going to happen and the dross will continue. I never thought RDM was the right appointment, he's been given plenty of rope and has successfully tied it around his neck. Will he jump or be pushed?

If a comeback is on, I doubt we could muster more than a draw. 3 goals from 2 behind would be a big ask of this team based on the season so far.
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:06 pm

VTID85 wrote:
Dazzle wrote:As it stands at HT RDM is as good as out the door for me. It's just shockingly bad and getting worse, I can only hope the 2nd half brings some kind of Phoenix from the flames type recovery. All common sense tells me, though, is that isn't going to happen and the dross will continue. I never thought RDM was the right appointment, he's been given plenty of rope and has successfully tied it around his neck. Will he jump or be pushed?

If a comeback is on, I doubt we could muster more than a draw. 3 goals from 2 behind would be a big ask of this team based on the season so far.

well the only hope. is that we don't need tactics. its 100% attack - charge of the light brigade. We have the players to score 2 or 3 goals.
smetro
smetro

Preston North End V Aston Villa Saturday 1st October 2016 3pm KO. Build up and match thread. - Page 4 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:07 pm

gestede mccormack on.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:08 pm

grealish \ westwood off
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:08 pm

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the players simply aren't playing for RDM. Some how he's lost players he signed himself 1-2 months ago. That takes some doing, but looking at their work rate, intensity and belief they have zero faith in RDM. And definately no clue as to what our game plan is. I'm edging closer to the sack him camp. He definately has to win this.

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:08 pm

smetro wrote:

Come on thats a reasonable squad of players (he's got 4 20 goal a season strikers) - Its clear his chopping and changing has caused the players to doubt him.

Quite simply we have to recruit better managers and let them get on with. Xia clearly went for RDM,he got it terribly wrong. he should take a back seat now and let Wyness choose the next manager.

Has any of the forward in this squad look like a "20 goal a season striker"? They've missed chance after chance and have been one of the main problems along with the other weak areas of the side. RDM will take a fall for this, but the players have been disgraceful imo.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Preston North End V Aston Villa Saturday 1st October 2016 3pm KO. Build up and match thread. - Page 4 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by Army villain Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:13 pm

RM had a go, blocked, and Gastede had a header just over.
Army villain
Army villain

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:13 pm

So RDM is playing one just ONE central midfielder? Preston North End V Aston Villa Saturday 1st October 2016 3pm KO. Build up and match thread. - Page 4 226846862 He's clearly throwing caution to the wind and hoping that the strikers will get him out of jail.

..................Bunn....................

..Hutton..Elphick..Chester..Cissokho..

................Jedinak.................

.....Adomah..Mccormack..Ayew.......

.............Kodjia...Gestede...............

I guess that's the side if Grealish and Westwood have come off? Good luck Roberto.....
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Preston North End V Aston Villa Saturday 1st October 2016 3pm KO. Build up and match thread. - Page 4 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:15 pm

AstonThriller wrote:
smetro wrote:

Has any of the forward in this squad look like a "20 goal a season striker"? They've missed chance after chance and have been one of the main problems along with the other weak areas of the side. RDM will take a fall for this, but the players have been disgraceful imo.

At other clubs and other managers:-

Mccormack
Gestede
Kjodia

Theyd pretty much walk into any championship team bar Newcastle. He has the players to be better than 4th bottom of championship.

smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:16 pm

Joppe84 wrote:I've said it before and I'll say it again, the players simply aren't playing for RDM. Some how he's lost players he signed himself 1-2 months ago. That takes some doing, but looking at their work rate, intensity and belief they have zero faith in RDM. And definately no clue as to what our game plan is. I'm edging closer to the sack him camp. He definately has to win this.

We've only scored more than one goal in a game twice this season. We're not winning this one pal.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:18 pm

smetro wrote:

Mccormack
Gestede
Kjodia

Theyd pretty much walk into any championship team bar Newcastle. He has the players to be better than 4th bottom of championship.

What they've done elsewhere is neither here nor there. What they've shown in our shirt thus far has been absolute rubbish.

Last edited by AstonThriller on Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:19 pm

AstonThriller wrote:So RDM is playing one just ONE central midfielder? Preston North End V Aston Villa Saturday 1st October 2016 3pm KO. Build up and match thread. - Page 4 226846862 He's clearly throwing caution to the wind and hoping that the strikers will get him out of jail.

I guess that's the side if Grealish and Westwood have come off? Good luck Roberto.....

How the f**king hell can we expect to win a football match now playing with just one midfield player?
Therefore we play HOOF football!
achilles
achilles

Preston North End V Aston Villa Saturday 1st October 2016 3pm KO. Build up and match thread. - Page 4 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:20 pm

AstonThriller wrote:So RDM is playing one just ONE central midfielder? Preston North End V Aston Villa Saturday 1st October 2016 3pm KO. Build up and match thread. - Page 4 226846862 He's clearly throwing caution to the wind and hoping that the strikers will get him out of jail.

How the f**king hell can we expect to win a football match now playing with just one midfield player?
Therefore we play HOOF football!
achilles
achilles

Preston North End V Aston Villa Saturday 1st October 2016 3pm KO. Build up and match thread. - Page 4 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:20 pm

AstonThriller wrote:
smetro wrote:

Mccormack
Gestede
Kjodia

What they've done elsewhere is neither here nor there. What they've shown in our shirt thus far has been absolute rubbish thus far.

Well Mccormacks done it it season after season at this level. - but now hes now good ?
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:24 pm

I'm sorry to say i'm done with this load of crap. RDM OUT!!!!

Relegation fodder in the Championship lol! How embarrassing.
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:26 pm

smetro wrote:

Well Mccormacks done it it season after season at this level. - but now hes now good ?

Might sound harsh but he looks unfit and slow to me. We just don't have any luck nowadays. No matter what we try it just ends up sh/t. Over 100m spent in two years and we find ourselves in this position. How many other clubs would this happened to? Rolling Eyes
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:27 pm

Results stay as they are we are 20th in the championship.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:30 pm

smetro wrote:We have the players to score 2 or 3 goals.

Across 2 or 3 games, maybe! Laughing
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:33 pm

AstonThriller wrote:
smetro wrote:

Might sound harsh but he looks unfit and slow to me. We just don't have any luck nowadays. No matter what we try it just ends up sh/t. Over 100m spent in two years and we find ourselves in this position. How many other clubs would this happened to? Rolling Eyes

Yes - But his record is pretty top draw. I think his lack of fitness is why he has stayed in the championship and not got a prem move.

When your last 3 managers are Sherwood\Garde\Di Matteo thats where we are going wrong. On appointment you think ...."ermmm he might do ok you never know" .

we shouldn't limit ourselves to out of work managers. We should go an poach someone. We need to act like a big club.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:36 pm

Tony Mowbray on his resignation from coventry

"It's embarrassing to go 10 games without a win. I'm an honourable guy."
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next