The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Preston North End V Aston Villa Saturday 1st October 2016 3pm KO. Build up and match thread.

+27
CoE82
smetro
VTID85
big ming
DaveAV1
FoxyAV
Synopsis
deadbuzzardalive
danclare82
De Kuip
achilles
Fpuppys
avfc forever
Barabass
DelboyVilla
Thinman
AstonThriller
Trotters
UnclePanda
andrew24561
Saunders82
worcesterkev
Army villain
The Utterer
Boldfinger
Villa_Dan
NARLA24
31 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

So what do we all think for this one then.

Preston North End V Aston Villa Saturday 1st October 2016 3pm KO. Build up and match thread. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap25%Preston North End V Aston Villa Saturday 1st October 2016 3pm KO. Build up and match thread. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 6 ]
Preston North End V Aston Villa Saturday 1st October 2016 3pm KO. Build up and match thread. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap25%Preston North End V Aston Villa Saturday 1st October 2016 3pm KO. Build up and match thread. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 6 ]
Preston North End V Aston Villa Saturday 1st October 2016 3pm KO. Build up and match thread. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap33%Preston North End V Aston Villa Saturday 1st October 2016 3pm KO. Build up and match thread. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 8 ]
Preston North End V Aston Villa Saturday 1st October 2016 3pm KO. Build up and match thread. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap17%Preston North End V Aston Villa Saturday 1st October 2016 3pm KO. Build up and match thread. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 4 ]
Preston North End V Aston Villa Saturday 1st October 2016 3pm KO. Build up and match thread. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Preston North End V Aston Villa Saturday 1st October 2016 3pm KO. Build up and match thread. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 24

Poll closed

Preston North End V Aston Villa Saturday 1st October 2016 3pm KO. Build up and match thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: Preston North End V Aston Villa Saturday 1st October 2016 3pm KO. Build up and match thread.

Post by NARLA24 Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:22 pm

jimbop wrote:
UnclePanda wrote:Another pathetic performance. Another pathetic result.

love your positivity mukka, we really need positivity like that Preston North End V Aston Villa Saturday 1st October 2016 3pm KO. Build up and match thread. - Page 2 3769219917
Ditto jimbop
NARLA24
NARLA24

Preston North End V Aston Villa Saturday 1st October 2016 3pm KO. Build up and match thread. - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Preston North End V Aston Villa Saturday 1st October 2016 3pm KO. Build up and match thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: Preston North End V Aston Villa Saturday 1st October 2016 3pm KO. Build up and match thread.

Post by Fpuppys Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:38 pm

My heart say's 3-1 win but my head say's 1-1.

came across this on twitter, sum's us up

Preston North End V Aston Villa Saturday 1st October 2016 3pm KO. Build up and match thread. - Page 2 Cthh8010
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Preston North End V Aston Villa Saturday 1st October 2016 3pm KO. Build up and match thread. - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:58 pm

Just spotted Dr X tweet,

[url=
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Preston North End V Aston Villa Saturday 1st October 2016 3pm KO. Build up and match thread. - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:37 pm

RDM has to stop shoe-horning players into the starting line up just because they are ‘good’/expensive players and get back to basics and actually put out a TEAM on the pitch.
That means ALL the players working for and with each other, not exactly rocket science!

Therefore the team I suggest is:

Gollini

Hutton   Chester      Baker   Cissokho

Adomah   Jedinak   Tshibola   Amavi

McCormack

Kodjia

That is a basic 4-4-2 with McCormack dropping off Kodjia. It is a functional side with no airs and graces and players willing to graft in defending and attacking. Ayew on the bench will perhaps help to focus his mind on the team aspect of football and could certainly be an impact sub along with Grealish and Gestede. I would also like to see Lyden on the bench as he needs the experience of being around the first team again. Another thing when the opposition get a corner Kodjia does NOT come back but stays on the halfway line, lets have an outlet for a quick counter attack!

Gollini has to play because we have no viable alternative, good planning!

Elphick has been pretty dreadful the last couple of games and needs a rest, especially as Baker is probably our best out and out defender, although prone to injury and getting himself booked.

Hutton plays because of Bacuna's suspension.

Bottom line another draw as RDM hasn't the balls to do what is right!
achilles
achilles

Preston North End V Aston Villa Saturday 1st October 2016 3pm KO. Build up and match thread. - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:23 pm

Draw.
Obviously.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Preston North End V Aston Villa Saturday 1st October 2016 3pm KO. Build up and match thread. - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:50 pm

I've gone for a good win because eventually it's going to happen. Isn't it?!
danclare82
danclare82

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:03 am

achilles wrote:RDM has to stop shoe-horning players into the starting line up just because they are ‘good’/expensive players and get back to basics and actually put out a TEAM on the pitch.
That means ALL the players working for and with each other, not exactly rocket science!

Gollini

McCormack

Kodjia

That is a basic 4-4-2 with McCormack dropping off Kodjia. It is a functional side with no airs and graces and players willing to graft in defending and attacking. Ayew on the bench will perhaps help to focus his mind on the team aspect of football and could certainly be an impact sub along with Grealish and Gestede. I would also like to see Lyden on the bench as he needs the experience of being around the first team again. Another thing when the opposition get a corner Kodjia does NOT come back but stays on the halfway line, lets have an outlet for a quick counter attack!

Elphick has been pretty dreadful the last couple of games and needs a rest, especially as Baker is probably our best out and out defender, although prone to injury and getting himself booked.

Sorry but how can you talk about him "shoehorning" players into the team and then suggest Amavi should play left wing when he's not a winger? I also don't see any logic in dropping the guy who's just won a player of the month award and has the most assist in the team (Ayew) . IMO the team that started in midweek was perfectly balanced. They just need to get a win over the bloody line now that's all.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Preston North End V Aston Villa Saturday 1st October 2016 3pm KO. Build up and match thread. - Page 2 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:37 am

I don't know why, but I've still got a feeling that sooner or later we're going to thrash somebody and go on a bit of a run. I'd definitely be looking to bring McCormack back, if he's fit enough to play.
deadbuzzardalive

Preston North End V Aston Villa Saturday 1st October 2016 3pm KO. Build up and match thread. - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:47 am

AstonThriller wrote:
achilles wrote:RDM has to stop shoe-horning players into the starting line up just because they are ‘good’/expensive players and get back to basics and actually put out a TEAM on the pitch.

Gollini

McCormack

Kodjia

Sorry but how can you talk about him "shoehorning" players into the team and then suggest Amavi should play left wing when he's not a winger? I also don't see any logic in dropping the guy who's just won a player of the month award and has the most assist in the team (Ayew) . IMO the team that started in midweek was perfectly balanced. They just need to get a win over the bloody line now that's all.

Very simply Amavi gives us balance on the left side of midfield, which currently we haven't got and gives us a more solid look!.
Ayew plays for 20 minutes a game and is potentially a match winner which is great if you are winning games, which we are not and don't really look like winning games at the moment.
Doing the same things get the same results!
achilles
achilles

Preston North End V Aston Villa Saturday 1st October 2016 3pm KO. Build up and match thread. - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Synopsis Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:50 pm

Another draw and RDM will still be the manager.
Synopsis
Synopsis

Preston North End V Aston Villa Saturday 1st October 2016 3pm KO. Build up and match thread. - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:42 pm

Just off subject but Evertons midfield 3 tonight is Cleverley Barry and gueye lol
danclare82
danclare82

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:10 pm

danclare82 wrote:Just off subject but Evertons midfield 3 tonight is Cleverley Barry and gueye lol

And Benteke's just scored.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Preston North End V Aston Villa Saturday 1st October 2016 3pm KO. Build up and match thread. - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:10 pm

FoxyAV wrote:
danclare82 wrote:Just off subject but Evertons midfield 3 tonight is Cleverley Barry and gueye lol

And Benteke's just scored.

Doh!
danclare82
danclare82

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:25 am

The last two posts have thoroughly depressed me.
Trotters
Trotters

Preston North End V Aston Villa Saturday 1st October 2016 3pm KO. Build up and match thread. - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:31 am

We should tonk them by a lot. They're shit. We probably won't though. Another draw I guess.

Gollini
Bacuna Chester Elphick Amavi
Adomah Tshibola Jedinak Grealish
Ayew McCormack Kodjia

for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Barabass Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:37 am

Joppe84 wrote:We should tonk them by a lot. They're shit. We probably won't though. Another draw I guess.

Gollini
Ayew McCormack Kodjia

for me.

Ah the classic 443, my favourite formation. Bash
Barabass
Barabass

Preston North End V Aston Villa Saturday 1st October 2016 3pm KO. Build up and match thread. - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:40 am

Ref would let us get away with it because Jedinobody passes to the other team more often than not.
Trotters
Trotters

Preston North End V Aston Villa Saturday 1st October 2016 3pm KO. Build up and match thread. - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:43 am

Joppe84 wrote:We should tonk them by a lot. They're shit. We probably won't though. Another draw I guess.

Gollini
Ayew McCormack Kodjia

for me.

Bacuna is suspended!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:46 am

I think we have to start the long, no doubt frustrating, process of closing the points gap to Newcastle and Norwich immediately if we genuinely want a chance of promotion. It cannot get any wider i fear else it's all over before it even really got started.

It does look from RDM's recent comment that he believes we will finish in the "Top 6" that he has already written us off for automatic promotion though having said that.

A bit of a damp squib this season has turned into Preston North End V Aston Villa Saturday 1st October 2016 3pm KO. Build up and match thread. - Page 2 1715320296

Having said that i do not actually think it's quite over yet but already we need a 5 or 6 game winning streak just to put us back in the ball park! It needs to start TODAY!

Last edited by The Utterer on Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:50 am; edited 2 times in total
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by Barabass Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:47 am

We could also put Westwood on and no one in the stadium would notice him either.
Barabass
Barabass

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:50 am

----------------Gollini----------------
--Richards--Chester--Baker--Amavi
--Bacuna Green --Tshibola--Lyden
Adomah-----------------------Kodjia
-------------McCormack-------------

Bench: Jedinothing, Green, Party-Boi, Gestede, Ayew, Bunn, Elphick (suddenly recovered from earlier knock if Baker knocks himself out. Again.) How many subs we allowed?

I know nothing of PNE but I've read that we can expect an aerial bombardment. Assuming that's not referring to anything about TV's or washing powder, we need Baker...the lad rarely loses a battle when it comes to heading the ball. And after last week, Elphick needs to develop a last minute minor knock.

As for my inclusion of Bacuna and Lyden, well ANYONE is better than Gardner and Westwood had a nightmare last week and Bacuna has a decent engine on him and is more than willing to get his arse back to cover for Richards when he wonders off on one of his "look at me, I'm Lionel Messi Charles N'Zogbia" runs.

EDIT: bollocks, Bacuna is suspended. So stick Green in his place. It's very attacking but what the hell, RDM doesn't have any use for midfielders anyway.

Last edited by Trotters on Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:53 am; edited 2 times in total
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:52 am

Barabass wrote:

Gollini
Ayew McCormack Kodjia

for me.

Ah the classic 443, my favourite formation. Bash

Feck. You noticed.

Ok, Drop McCormack. But try the 443 and see if PNE notices.

Back to top Go down

Post by Barabass Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:52 am

The Utterer wrote:I think we have to start the long no doubt frustrating process of closing the points gap to Newcastle and Norwich of we genuinely want a chance of promotion. It cannot get any wider i fear else it's all over before it even really got started.

It does look from RDM's recent comment that he believes we will finish in the "Top 6" that he has already written us off for automatic promotion though having said that.

A bit of a damp squib this season has turned into Preston North End V Aston Villa Saturday 1st October 2016 3pm KO. Build up and match thread. - Page 2 1715320296

To finish in the top 6 we need an average of 1.5pts a game. At the moment this seems much more achievable than getting 2pts a game to win the league. Ideally winning the next 3 games would see us getting back on track and the sooner we get back to back wins for team morale the better.
Barabass
Barabass

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:54 pm

achilles wrote:

Very simply Amavi gives us balance on the left side of midfield, which currently we haven't got and gives us a more solid look!.
Ayew plays for 20 minutes a game and is potentially a match winner which is great if you are winning games, which we are not and don't really look like winning games at the moment.

Balance is one thing. But being balanced WITH quality another. Ayew playing on the left of a front three will pay dividends moving forward imo. But I understand why you'd want to try an orthodox 442 as we haven't tried it yet.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Preston North End V Aston Villa Saturday 1st October 2016 3pm KO. Build up and match thread. - Page 2 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:18 pm

AstonThriller wrote:
achilles wrote:

Balance is one thing. But being balanced WITH quality another. Ayew playing on the left of a front three will pay dividends moving forward imo. But I understand why you'd want to try an orthodox 442 as we haven't tried it yet.

I was going to write here that we could do Adomah - Jedi - Tshibola - Grealish with Ayew and Kodjia up top. Then take Ayew off for Gestede when we are drawing or losing, and replace Grealish for Amavi with crosses.

However, considering we've bought McCormack, Kodjia, Adomah, while kept Grealish, Ayew and Gestede - is it likely that we will play anything but 4231? I just can't see so many quality players in this league coming to us without being guaranteed fooball.

It's probably gonna be 4231 with Adomah - McCormack - Ayew behind Kodjia with Grealish and Gestede benched.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next