The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

How many more games would you give Di Matteo?

+12
DelboyVilla
Wriggle
Dions_Bald_Head
Saunders82
The Utterer
Boldfinger
smetro
4BetLite
AstonThriller
BillytheKid
Villa_Dan
Trotters
16 posters

Go down

Stick or twist?

How many more games would you give Di Matteo? I_vote_lcap36%How many more games would you give Di Matteo? I_vote_rcap 36% 
[ 8 ]
How many more games would you give Di Matteo? I_vote_lcap14%How many more games would you give Di Matteo? I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 3 ]
How many more games would you give Di Matteo? I_vote_lcap5%How many more games would you give Di Matteo? I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
How many more games would you give Di Matteo? I_vote_lcap0%How many more games would you give Di Matteo? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
How many more games would you give Di Matteo? I_vote_lcap23%How many more games would you give Di Matteo? I_vote_rcap 23% 
[ 5 ]
How many more games would you give Di Matteo? I_vote_lcap5%How many more games would you give Di Matteo? I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
How many more games would you give Di Matteo? I_vote_lcap14%How many more games would you give Di Matteo? I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 3 ]
How many more games would you give Di Matteo? I_vote_lcap0%How many more games would you give Di Matteo? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 22

How many more games would you give Di Matteo? Empty How many more games would you give Di Matteo?

Post by Trotters Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:09 pm

Poll is up so pile in with your views. Remember that differences of opinion don't deserve abuse.
Trotters
Trotters

How many more games would you give Di Matteo? 5_star13

Back to top Go down

How many more games would you give Di Matteo? Empty Re: How many more games would you give Di Matteo?

Post by Villa_Dan Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:18 pm

I've been fairly clear. He's got until the end of september.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

How many more games would you give Di Matteo? 4_star10

Back to top Go down

How many more games would you give Di Matteo? Empty Re: How many more games would you give Di Matteo?

Post by BillytheKid Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:25 pm

I think the change is massive so he needs a complete season before this club and team can fully settle after last seasons disastourous season and the complete turnaround of ownership players etc whilst RDM is implementing his own style on the club, i honestly don't see changing managers will sort it out,

If we do sack RDM how will it affect the players who signed for us because of RDM?
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

How many more games would you give Di Matteo? 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:27 pm

The thing is building a habit of not losing very often is in-fact a positive step. The problem is he's not winning either. I've gone for five more games which would mean after the Reading away game. So after that we can look at it again. Things can change rather quickly in this game and I just get the sense that that elusive win might set us on our way but lord only knows when it's gonna come. A big defeat next week though and I think anything is possible where Xia is concerned.

On reflection though I think seriously assessing things just before the window would be fair tbh...if we're in or very close to the play-off spots then another push in the market could do wonders...but the more we stay in the bottom half the more the pressure will build.

Last edited by AstonThriller on Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

How many more games would you give Di Matteo? 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:28 pm

keep chopping and changing is no good, I've seen enough to sack him now and I've seen enough to give him time to put out HIS team and give them time to gel.

I don't want bruce, he's a fat twat.

The top top managers will simply not come YET.

I say 1st week of December or before if zero improvement.

I honestly think that some bastard has cursed us.
4BetLite
4BetLite

How many more games would you give Di Matteo? 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:53 pm

BillytheKid wrote:I think the change is massive so he needs a complete season before this club and team can fully settle after last seasons disastourous season and the complete turnaround of ownership players etc whilst RDM is implementing his own style on the club, i honestly don't see changing managers will sort it out,

If we do sack RDM how will it affect the players who signed for us because of RDM?

A complete season no matter what ? - you could make that argument if we were mid table. But not when we are 18th - with one win in 8 - and below Burton Albion in the table.
smetro
smetro

How many more games would you give Di Matteo? 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:59 pm

We were relegated as a team and a club on its knees.
Massive changes have happened.
I don't think we should stick with RDM no matter what.
Give him till Xmas - if we are starting to look good and are round about the playoffs then keep him.
If we are not in toutch of the play offs and are playing poorly then fuck him off.
Nothing personal but it's about villa being a success.
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:12 pm

Personally i don't think he's had anywhere near long enough. 8 games is ridiculous for goodness sake. Some of the players are still making their debuts and our level of injuries are yet again nightmare! I know injuries are no excuse to a point but the level we are having at the moment to the spine of the team too with Gollini, Elphick, Baker (twice already) Tshibola, Jedinak, McCormack and Gestede (again twice already this season). It's nuts!! That's the entire spine of the team who either are or have been injured in just eight games!! I'm not counting the rest of them in in that either like De Leat's season ending one, Grealish, & others too ... It's frankly ridiculous and no wonder we cannot get a settled or "gelled" team up to this point.

In fact the only member of the "spine" who has not been injured is flipping Westwood, typically it had to be our least effective player didn't it!

We need a change of fortune not manager i feel. Maybe today's grim point was a turning point in the luck stakes?!

So way too early to be chopping managers yet in my opinion.

We are 18th yes but if we can go on a 4 or 5 match winning streak which i believe we can once things have settled down, we will be right back in the mix.
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:15 pm

The Utterer wrote:Personally i don't think he's had anywhere near long enough. 8 games is ridiculous for goodness sake. Some of the players are still making their debuts and our level of injuries are yet again nightmare! I know injuries are no excuse to a point but the level we are having at the moment to the spine of the team too with Gollini, Elphick, Baker (twice already) Tshibola, Jedinak, McCormack and Gestede (again twice already this season). It's nuts!! That's the entire spine of the team who either are or have been injured in just eight games!! I'm not counting the rest of them in in that either like De Leat's season ending one, Grealish, & others too ... It's frankly ridiculous and no wonder we cannot get a settled or "gelled" team up to this point.

In fact the only member of the "spine" who has not been injured is flipping Westwood, typically it had to be our least effective player didn't it!

We need a change of fortune not manager i feel. Maybe today's grim point was a turning point in the luck stakes?!

So way too early to be chopping managers yet in my opinion.

We are 18th yes but if we can go on a 4 or 5 match winning streak which i believe we can once things have settled down,  we will be right back in the mix.
I gave you a plus 1 mate as you are correct - how can we judge him after 8 games and to be fair most of the teams we have played have play off aspirations of their own.
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:26 pm

[quote="The Utterer"]

He won't get injured much either cos he doesn't put himself about on the pitch, which is one of the reasons we are powder puff in midfield, Sid Cowans was slight but he got stuck in. How many more games would you give Di Matteo? 1327487109

Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:49 pm

The poll categories don't quite match my opinion - too early to change but if we're not winning games by Christmas then we'll be in danger of a confidence free fall like last season so we should get a replacementaste for the transfer window.

This league is always far tighter than PL & there's always a decent change-around in places so there's less urgency to make a change.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Wriggle Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:47 pm

I voted for 5 more games. I think there are some winnable games in there and 12/13 games should be more than enough for any team to gel...
Wriggle
Wriggle

How many more games would you give Di Matteo? 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:23 am

Wriggle wrote:I voted for 5 more games. I think there are some winnable games in there and 12/13 games should be more than enough for any team to gel...

I agree.

5 games and we will see where we stand a bit better. I have seen nothing of yesterdays game or even read any reports but I get the feeling it wasn't great?

He may never have a fully fit squad to pick from with injuries and suspensions and he has to work with what he has got. The thing that worries me most is the tactics.
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:45 am

The game was total toilet. Don't waste your time. Just ffwd to the 80 minute mark and you can almost hear the psychological collapse.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:15 am

Trotters wrote:The game was total toilet. Don't waste your time. Just ffwd to the 80 minute mark and you can almost hear the psychological collapse.

Read Sky Sport match report and it sounds like Ipswich had all the best chances and we were lucky not to concede in the final few minutes.

Doesn't sound like the latest tactical changes by RDM worked well at all with the wing backs? I wonder which out dated system will be pulled out next?

We are not 'gelling' yet are we?
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:32 am

If we get rid now, I expect nothing but a manager who takes us sailing back to the top flight, dicking over all and sundry along the way because this is clearly the expectation that has been put upon RDM. And if it happens, I will be very happy and graciously concede I was very wrong. And if it doesn't... well. Let's hope it does. Very Happy
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:25 pm

Trotters wrote:The game was total toilet. Don't waste your time. Just ffwd to the 80 minute mark and you can almost hear the psychological collapse.

But that's the game Trotter. Look at us against Forest? Huddersfield? Derby? Bristol? Game should have been done and dusted by half time!!..so it's about time we had a little luck go our way for a change.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

How many more games would you give Di Matteo? 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:42 pm

That's a fair comment. We've no right to expect to dominate every game. But for the money spent I expect the first clue to be on display.

I really felt for the fans who travelled there and had to make their own entertainment.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:36 pm

I think he needs a complete season but realistically, he's not going to get it.

Tony only has one plan for this season and it's not being realised.
Thinman
Thinman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:48 pm

Didn't they say before the season started that promotion was a two year project?

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:57 pm

I'm sure Tony said in his Q&A session that he expected to get promoted this season.

I asked him what his contingency plan was should this not be working out by Oct/Nov and he replied that there wasn't one.

It's an interesting test of his resolve.

My personal opinion, probably not shared by that many, is that if we retain RDM we'll retain our Championship status.
Thinman
Thinman

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:12 pm

I personally said 5 more games, if we remain in the bottom half of this division we will get sucker punched by most clubs, we really need to find a desire to win games soon, and judging by the lack of comments from the Doc on the game, he is not best pleased.
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:37 pm

All of them. We've finally let a manger choose his transfers so let him manage them! We won't go down so give them all a chance. We're far too quick to jump and criticise at Villa which helps nobody
mefromhere
mefromhere

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down