The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Derby v Villa post-match thread

+17
danclare82
De Kuip
Villa Ranger
4BetLite
Army villain
KMitch
Peter
mefromhere
Dions_Bald_Head
Villa_Dan
smetro
Boldfinger
1Elliot
BillytheKid
The Utterer
Con
Trotters
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Derby v Villa post-match thread  - Page 2 Empty Re: Derby v Villa post-match thread

Post by De Kuip Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:35 am

I know I'm being thick here but I can't for the life of me remember  - do we still have veretout cos if so he must be abjectly shit in training not to get a shout in front of Gardner or Westwood.

Oh and one small pedantic point - Trotts, do we really have to split matchday threads into Match threads and post match threads?  I know someone said it was a pain scrolling through pages when we just had one thread (really, yes it must be so tiring scrolling through, what,  two,  three pages!) But I think it's a pain now they are split plus thick numptys like me forget to swap so we actually end up having simultaneous threads about the same topic. Can we please just go back to one thread per match - before during and after. Pleeeeese!!!???
De Kuip
De Kuip

Derby v Villa post-match thread  - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Derby v Villa post-match thread  - Page 2 Empty Re: Derby v Villa post-match thread

Post by rosco77 Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:48 am

De Kuip wrote:I know I'm being thick here but I can't for the life of me remember  - do we still have veretout cos if so he must be abjectly shit in training not to get a shout in front of Gardner or Westwood.

Oh and one small pedantic point - Trotts, do we really have to split matchday threads into Match threads and post match threads?  I know someone said it was a pain scrolling through pages when we just had one thread (really, yes it must be so tiring scrolling through, what,  two,  three pages!) But I think it's a pain now they are split plus thick numptys like me forget to swap so we actually end up having simultaneous threads about the same topic. Can we please just go back to one thread per match - before during and after. Pleeeeese!!!???

Derby v Villa post-match thread  - Page 2 3769219917
rosco77
rosco77

Derby v Villa post-match thread  - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:58 am

The reason I split them was because the mobile version of this site is a wee bit broken when you run a poll....there's no "LAST" button to skip to the end page. However, I'm hoping to have a fix for that soon. That being the case, I'm happy to have just the one thread.
Trotters
Trotters

Derby v Villa post-match thread  - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:11 am

De Kuip wrote:I know I'm being thick here but I can't for the life of me remember  - do we still have veretout cos if so he must be abjectly shit in training not to get a shout in front of Gardner or Westwood.

Veretout is still here for the moment and yes he must be training like a spoilt brat but as Trotters has reported he is linked with St Etienne on loan! Dancing Banana Which is good as he doesn't want to be in Brum.

I am in the one thread movement too!!!
DelboyVilla

Derby v Villa post-match thread  - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:57 am

Trotters wrote:The reason I split them was because the mobile version of this site is a wee bit broken when you run a poll....there's no "LAST" button to skip to the end page. However, I'm hoping to have a fix for that soon. That being the case, I'm happy to have just the one thread.

Ah OK mate didn't realise that was the reason.  Im useless with tech trotters but if you need any help fixing it I can make a cuppa and hold the spanners whilst you crawl under TBAR and fix it. ....unless it's a 13 mm spanner- why the fuck do they always go missing.....
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:48 pm

I struggle myself. I think we need to get a DONATE button and pay @Rosco77 to do it.
Trotters
Trotters

Derby v Villa post-match thread  - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:59 pm

If you get a DONUT button I'll definitely do it....
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:08 am

I'm a bit late to this thread, I was in London for the wife's birthday and watched the whole match on my mobile sitting at a tequila bar, so my memory might not quite be accurate. It's probably been said before but I thought we played well and just need two different central midfielders, plus Gestede didn't look so good (and Kozak looked lost). I seem to recall there were a lot of wasted passes forward, mostly from our two central midfielders, and we need to get Amavi at LB and a new RB ASAP.

Did I miss anything? Oh yes, Hepburn-Murphy should have been on the bench instead of Kozak if the latter isn't fit. Last season taught us that going for experience over form/fitness is not a good idea (see, for example, Richards over Okore and Lescott over Clark).
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Derby v Villa post-match thread  - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:04 am

I just can't for my life understand why we don't have Sellars or Murphy on the bench over Kozak.

I've seen all three play, and considering the importance of hunger and pace in the modern game, it's effing ridiculous to leave those two home and utilize Kozak.

If they aren't good enough for a spot on the bench in the championship at the age of 19-21 then they will never be good enough.

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:14 am

Kozak has always turned up and scored in pre-season which begs the question, why not try him. He's drawing a decent wage so he should be tried, well he has and he didn't look good. But fairplay to the man, he's been through a lot and will always try his best, unlike some.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Derby v Villa post-match thread  - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:20 am

Joppe84 wrote:I just can't for my life understand why we don't have Sellars or Murphy on the bench over Kozak.

I've seen all three play, and considering the importance of hunger and pace in the modern game, it's effing ridiculous to leave those two home and utilize Kozak.

If they aren't good enough for a spot on the bench in the championship at the age of 19-21 then they will never be good enough.

Kozak should be good enough but he needs to be fit enough or replaced on the bench with someone capable of playing in RDM's system. He was never a target man for long balls though, that was always Benteke or Gestede, and Kozak just isn't strong enough. He's also not fast enough.

Ideally we need a new point man striker in and if things need shuffling around mid-match, move Ayew there. It's almost a shame to be out of the Carling (? Milk?) cup, it would have been a good place for the reserves to get up to speed. Maybe we could do something like this in the FA cup.

Bunn
Hutton - Okore - Baker (or Toner) - Bennett
Green - Lyden - Gardner - Blackett-Taylor
Hepburn-Murphy - Sellars
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:43 pm

I like Kozak. But he looked unfit - he looked way off whats required. I think in the early season games RDM is opting for experience. Don't forget as the biggest club in the division everyone is gunning for us..as things settle down that will get forgotten. Its important in the early games not get known as a soft touch.

As we are playing 2 games in week a lot of weeks - its going to be the norm that RDM doesn't has the full pick of his squad - Gestede, Tishbola, were injured this week - as they reuturn others will flounder. Im sure RDM will be aware of this. Same for all other clubs. There will come a time for Lyden, RHM, etc.

smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2