The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Villa v Huddersfield match thread

+17
thegaffer6
CoE82
AstonThriller
chris_jephcott
danclare82
Fpuppys
Villa_Dan
avfc forever
Boldfinger
FoxyAV
George
Trotters
De Kuip
Saunders82
BillytheKid
4BetLite
NARLA24
21 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Villa v Huddersfield match poll

Villa v Huddersfield match thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap17%Villa v Huddersfield match thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 5 ]
Villa v Huddersfield match thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap63%Villa v Huddersfield match thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 63% 
[ 19 ]
Villa v Huddersfield match thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap10%Villa v Huddersfield match thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 3 ]
Villa v Huddersfield match thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap7%Villa v Huddersfield match thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 7% 
[ 2 ]
Villa v Huddersfield match thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap3%Villa v Huddersfield match thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 30

Poll closed

Villa v Huddersfield match thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Villa v Huddersfield match thread

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:43 pm

That's what happens when you don't take the dozen chances you have
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Villa v Huddersfield match thread - Page 4 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Villa v Huddersfield match thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Villa v Huddersfield match thread

Post by Guest Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:43 pm

Outplayed at home versus Huddersfield. Lost against some kinda Motorola FC I can't even remember the name of in the cup.

Anyone thinking we are likely to be promoted without a LOT of signings the next week is fooling themselves.

Fuck me this team is rubbish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:43 pm

That was bad luck but why oh why didnt the Villa player put it in row Z instead of waiting for the goalie, we still have the sillyness in the squad. Villa v Huddersfield match thread - Page 4 1420239857
Saunders82
Saunders82

Villa v Huddersfield match thread - Page 4 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by thegaffer6 Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:44 pm

Don't overly mind tonight, good to see Ross get off the mark. Huddersfield have started the season well, they've gone to SJP and won so I'm not too distraught at a point. Yes Gollini should've done better but he'll learn from this. He's clearly a talented lad and should be backed even after the odd ricket. He won't do it again and the team as a whole will come back stronger.
thegaffer6
thegaffer6

Villa v Huddersfield match thread - Page 4 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:47 pm

God almighty! How many times will this lot shoot themselves in the foot? That's the Sheff Weds defeat and now this both down to stupid mistakes. So bloody frustrating Villa v Huddersfield match thread - Page 4 1327487109
We'd likely have another 3 points now if it wasn't for brain spasms by the Keeper.

Missing sitters again though was the main issue, this goal should not have mattered.
The Utterer
The Utterer

Villa v Huddersfield match thread - Page 4 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:47 pm

We should have put them well away earlier, it will take a while to get to full confidence and squad does need to be strengthened further. However, that was a freak goal.

Overall we edged it but lessons must be learnt.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:48 pm

thegaffer6 wrote:Don't overly mind tonight, good to see Ross get off the mark. Huddersfield have started the season well, they've gone to SJP and won so I'm not too distraught at a point. Yes Gollini should've done better but he'll learn from this. He's clearly a talented lad and should be backed even after the odd ricket. He won't do it again and the team as a whole will come back stronger.

Didn't we say similar after he did the same at Sheff Weds Villa v Huddersfield match thread - Page 4 4107169167
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:50 pm

thegaffer6 wrote:Don't overly mind tonight, good to see Ross get off the mark. Huddersfield have started the season well, they've gone to SJP and won so I'm not too distraught at a point. Yes Gollini should've done better but he'll learn from this. He's clearly a talented lad and should be backed even after the odd ricket. He won't do it again and the team as a whole will come back stronger.

Must be said that Huddersfield could from what I've registered scored 4-5 times in the second half. We were under total siege for most of the half and had zero quality to do anything about it.

Awful players and awful management. This is on RDM.

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:53 pm

Bed time zzzzzzzzzzzz
NARLA24
NARLA24

Villa v Huddersfield match thread - Page 4 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by thegaffer6 Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:56 pm

The Utterer wrote:

Didn't we say similar after he did the same at Sheff Weds Villa v Huddersfield match thread - Page 4 4107169167

Yeah probably, but if he's going to make mistakes id rather they be now than at the business end of the season. Lot of football yet to be played! I didn't get carried away after Rotherham and I won't get carried away now- the championship is most definitely a marathon and not a sprint.
thegaffer6
thegaffer6

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:03 pm

Huddershield outworked us for the last 20mins. The midfield ran out of legs.

Gollini was unfortunate after making 1 decent save and being brave twice.

We still should've won, absolutely. Threw chances away
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:08 pm

Joppe84 wrote:Must be said that Huddersfield could from what I've registered scored 4-5 times in the second half. We were under total siege for most of the half and had zero quality to do anything about it.

3 shots on target according the the BBC and the MSN Sports app, so no. Let's not be histrionic about it.

We've got more points from three games than the first three last season and generally there's a much better feeling in the air than this time last year. Anyone who has written the season off based on transfers not happening quickly enough, certain players still being employed or because we've not got full points already is I'm sorry to say fucking pathetic.
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:13 pm

VTID85 wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:Must be said that Huddersfield could from what I've registered scored 4-5 times in the second half. We were under total siege for most of the half and had zero quality to do anything about it.

3 shots on target according the the BBC and the MSN Sports app, so no. Let's not be histrionic about it.

We've got more points from three games than the first three last season and generally there's a much better feeling in the air than this time last year. Anyone who has written the season off based on transfers not happening quickly enough, certain players still being employed or because we've not got full points already is I'm sorry to say fucking pathetic.

Well said Sir

I thought then bench was a bit thin, I'm guessing there's a lot more in and out activity going on behind the scenes then being mentioned on the press.

Taking everything into account I'd say Xia and Co are slightly ahead of schedule. We'll get there.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:18 pm

VTID85 wrote:

He's a shit fan. He'd have booed at full time. Because he's a shit fan. Don't need those types at Villa Park so I hope he remains a stay at home fair weather prick.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:22 pm

I know you're not the brightest, but but please try and keep posts on the matter at hand and avoid personal attacks.

If you intend to make posts just to talk shit about people on this board, feel free to use PM's.

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:23 pm

No. I want everyone to know I think you're a fucking shithead
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:26 pm

Ok cool. You're a special case of special cases.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:27 pm

By this time next week I'm expecting one or two new faces while one of our central midfielders is still getting up to pace and the other is mostly likely heading for the door. I think it'll make all the difference.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:36 pm

Looks that way mate, I think veretout, Richards, gabby and Klingon will be gone and maybe westwood.

Bamford, Jedi, N'doye, diawarra and delaet in and with the good kids we will be in solid shape. Then its just practice practice practice and hope the confidence comes because the squad will be good enough.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by George Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:07 pm

It's shit when you concede a late goal like that but to put things into perspective we have to remember that we're witnessing massive strides in the right direction.

- a drive to bring in players with ability and the right mental attitude

- a chairman who is a bloody revelation and one who's prepared to act decisively

- slow but steady progress on the pitch

Just three months ago we were really up shit creak but what's happened since the Dr came has been very, very impressive.
George
George

http://www.streetart.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:16 pm

Can't disagree with that at all George Villa v Huddersfield match thread - Page 4 3769219917
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:19 pm

George wrote:It's shit when you concede a late goal like that but to put things into perspective we have to remember that we're witnessing massive strides in the right direction.

- a drive to bring in players with ability and the right mental attitude

- a chairman who is a bloody revelation and one who's prepared to act decisively

- slow but steady progress on the pitch

Just three months ago we were really up shit creak but what's happened since the Dr came has been very, very impressive.  

Couldn't agree more!!
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:36 pm

I will be honest the goalie worries me.

If you watch the highlights he and Elphick appear to be communicating. Its just that he blasts his clearance against the Huddersfield player.
He had a couple of ropey moments just before as well. I just think its asking a lot of a 21 year old keeper from overseas to pitch straight into being the number 1 keeper.

Can't agree that Huddersfield outplayed - we had many more, and much clearer cut chances. Don't think Ayew and Grealish are great in front of Goal.

http://www.skysports.com/efl/championship/video/10539888/aston-villa-1-1-huddersfield
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by George Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:04 am

Watching the link below is very revealing - as it's on a loop you can watch and re-watch the various aspects.

- Gollini learns from the Sheff Wed mistake and focuses only on the ball and makes perfect contact with it - he really put his laces through it and its this great contact that gives the ball the momentum to fly into the net from so far out.

- The attacker, through his tenacity, makes his own luck chasing down what seemed like a lost cause.

If anything the central defenders could have been stronger or more decisive but ultimately no one, I believe, is really at fault...it's just a freak occurrence.

As people said earlier we already should have had the game out of sight and by the time the window closes hopefully we'll have the personnel in place to make sure that we take more of our chances.    

Huddersfield goal
George
George

http://www.streetart.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4