The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation

+58
jeffvilla
gdale1
avfc85
big ming
Armchair expert
Barabass
nickf21
villan007
chris_jephcott
banneruk
Thinman
4BetLite
VTID85
Cha Ching
Heisenberg
mefromhere
villajk
gaffer85
UnclePanda
Dgrizzle7
Dions_Bald_Head
jvilla
DaveAV1
thegaffer6
Andyh
rosco77
Dazzle
Synopsis
Nath11
gdav
1Elliot
Peter
NARLA24
Villa Ranger
Saunders82
WendyOz
Fpuppys
avfcjay
Wriggle
smetro
Boldfinger
KMitch
VillaBill
AstonThriller
deadbuzzardalive
The Utterer
DomAVFC
Leafs1201
lukevilla
danclare82
TheVillansOfAston
FoxyAV
Trotters
avfc forever
De Kuip
Villa_Dan
BillytheKid
DelboyVilla
62 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 5 Empty Re: 2016 Summer Transfer Speculation

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:33 am

What realistic RB options do we know of?

Back to top Go down

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 5 Empty Re: 2016 Summer Transfer Speculation

Post by smetro Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:49 am

the bloke I sit next to said that Gardner had a good first season at Forest. But was struggling to be average last season.
smetro
smetro

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 5 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:07 pm

Might not be overly popular but Richards at RB?
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:46 pm

Express & Star quoting Albion are in for Ayew, id let him go personally, I don't quite see the Ayew "love in", average at best.
VillaBill
VillaBill

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 5 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:48 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:Might not be overly popular but Richards at RB?

It's got to be worth a try, although I'm not sure he's better than Hutton!
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:01 pm

VillaBill wrote:Express & Star quoting Albion are in for Ayew, id let him go personally, I don't quite see the Ayew "love in", average at best.

Just no. One of the best players in our team, and definately one of the best attacking players in the championship. If we intend on fighting for promotion we simply can't sell him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:30 pm

Any new signing that bleeds for the cause on his debut should automatically get a mega-banner outside the stadium...

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 5 Elphic13
Trotters
Trotters

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 5 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Wriggle Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:06 pm

smetro wrote:the bloke I sit next to said that Gardner had a good first season at Forest. But was struggling to be average last season.

I've got a few mates that are Forest fans and they were all gutted when we went down as they new they wouldn't get to sign him as they said in both stints he was superb for them.

I'm guessing the bloke you sit next to is a Villa fan and doesn't watch Forest too much...
Wriggle
Wriggle

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 5 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:09 pm

Wriggle wrote:
smetro wrote:the bloke I sit next to said that Gardner had a good first season at Forest. But was struggling to be average last season.

I've got a few mates that are Forest fans and they were all gutted when we went down as they new they wouldn't get to sign him as they said in both stints he was superb for them.

I'm guessing the bloke you sit next to is a Villa fan and doesn't watch Forest too much...

my mrs is from Nottingham and ive asked a couple of forest fasns about him aswell, they said exactly the same, gutted to know they wernt gonna be able to sign him. I suppose we will get the usual people, after 1 GAME!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:41 pm

what about a loan deal? Christian Benteke's agent has confirmed Liverpool have yet to receive any new offers for the Belgium striker, but the 25-year-old hopes to leave Anfield before the end of the transfer window.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:13 pm

Wriggle wrote:

I've been following Gardner on LTLF and they've been pretty much saying what Smetro said. They were really impressed with him first season and he was bang average last.

I assume the lads on LTLF don't watch Forest too much either haha

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:17 pm

jimbop wrote:what about a loan deal? Christian Benteke's agent has confirmed Liverpool have yet to receive any new offers for the Belgium striker, but the 25-year-old hopes to leave Anfield before the end of the transfer window.

Now imagine that!.. Benteke & McCormack! Talk about the ideal front two! ,,Sadly never gonna happen though Sad
The Utterer
The Utterer

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 5 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:18 pm

The Utterer wrote:
jimbop wrote:what about a loan deal? Christian Benteke's agent has confirmed Liverpool have yet to receive any new offers for the Belgium striker, but the 25-year-old hopes to leave Anfield before the end of the transfer window.

Now imagine that!.. Benteke & McCormack! Talk about the ideal front two! ,,Sadly never gonna happen though Sad

I know matey, we can dream 2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 5 3769219917

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:32 pm

Early days for McCormack in the claret & blue but Ayew was easily the best player on the pitch. If that's any gauge then he'll score plenty once we get his position (and the midfield) right.

#BentekeAyew
Trotters
Trotters

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 5 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:34 pm

Trotters wrote:Early days for McCormack in the claret & blue but Ayew was easily the best player on the pitch. If that's any gauge then he'll score plenty once we get his position (and the midfield) right.

#BentekeAyew

100% agreed

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:53 pm

Wriggle wrote:

His Son watches Forest alot.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:58 pm

Trotters wrote:Early days for McCormack in the claret & blue but Ayew was easily the best player on the pitch. If that's any gauge then he'll score plenty once we get his position (and the midfield) right.

#BentekeAyew

Keep saying that about Ayew though. Once this, once that, play him there, if only he had shot not passed, if only he had passed not shot.

If he stays I feel we will be having the same debate come November. I would seriously consider any offer around £15m - those funds could used to buy another striker and midfielder.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:15 pm

Reminds me of Tony Daley syndrome with Ayew, runs rings around opponents but seldom actually sticks the ball in the net and misses way too many sitters.
The Utterer
The Utterer

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 5 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:27 pm

The Utterer wrote:Reminds me of Tony Daley syndrome with Ayew, runs rings around opponents but seldom actually sticks the ball in the net and misses way too many sitters.

I wasn't brave enough to say that - and don't think he is quite at the Tony Daley stage yet.

Other factors involved of course - but I seem to come away from a lot of games in which he didn't score, and we lost , saying what a good game he had. That has to change - he has to start scoring - or making decisions\passes that lead to goals and us winning games.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:30 pm

smetro wrote:
The Utterer wrote:Reminds me of Tony Daley syndrome with Ayew, runs rings around opponents but seldom actually sticks the ball in the net and misses way too many sitters.

I wasn't brave enough to say that - and don't think he is quite at the Tony Daley stage yet.

Other factors involved of course - but I seem to come away from a lot of games in which he didn't score, and we lost , saying what a good game he had. That has to change - he has to start scoring - or making decisions\passes that lead to goals and us winning games.

hes staying, lets get behind him - http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/what-tony-xia-say-regarding-11719971

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:31 pm

Lets be honest. He has talent. He was by far our most interesting attacking player last year, and looked like he gave a shit despite him being quite young and inexperienced in the EPL.

He might have areas he needs to improve on, but selling him would be a HUGE step back. Firstly he is EPL quality, which is what we need. Secondly, who should we buy to replace him? It's not even sure we can replace him with sufficient quality.
And another point, it's absurd to say he should be scoring more goals when our manager puts him out on the wing. It's clear he's seen more as a creative inside forward. A bit like McCormack looks in my eyes.

Lets at least give the team a season to see how it ends up. If he's still the same in May, fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:33 pm

Joppe84 wrote:Lets be honest. He has talent. He was by far our most interesting attacking player last year, and looked like he gave a shit despite him being quite young and inexperienced in the EPL.

He might have areas he needs to improve on, but selling him would be a HUGE step back. Firstly he is EPL quality, which is what we need. Secondly, who should we buy to replace him? It's not even sure we can replace him with sufficient quality.
And another point, it's absurd to say he should be scoring more goals when our manager puts him out on the wing. It's clear he's seen more as a creative inside forward. A bit like McCormack looks in my eyes.

Lets at least give the team a season to see how it ends up. If he's still the same in May, fine.

ive just fell off the side of my house reading this!! is this really you joppe?

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:58 pm

Joppe84 wrote:Lets be honest. He has talent. He was by far our most interesting attacking player last year, and looked like he gave a shit despite him being quite young and inexperienced in the EPL.

Can't a wide player score a quota goals then ? - seem to remember Morley, Graydon, Ashley Young getting a few goals from wide positions.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:58 pm

jimbop wrote:

ive just fell off the side of my house reading this!! is this really you joppe?

Now thats more like it Joppe, lol! lol! 2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 5 3769219917 2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 5 3769219917
Saunders82
Saunders82

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 5 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:01 pm

smetro wrote:

Can't a wide player score a quota goals then ? - seem to remember Morley, Graydon, Ashley Young getting a few goals from wide positions.

Well yes. But surely if you are to beat someone with that stick it should be our main striker. And I'm 100% certain that if we keep Ayew and play him like we do now he will get 15 goals for us in all competitions this year. Fecking certain of it. He looks too good for this league. If we had a more settled side and a main striker that wasn't a complete fucking donkey and a midfield that had even the most minor influence, Ayew would run riot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next