The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

What on earth do a lad do when there's no football?

+5
KMitch
Villa_Dan
andrew24561
Trotters
avfc forever
9 posters

Go down

What on earth do a lad do when there's no football? Empty What on earth do a lad do when there's no football?

Post by Guest Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:32 am

Seriously.

It's summer. Preseason, Euros are done. There's even a summer break in the Norwegian league. What do you guys do. How do you get through the weeks? I'm bored shitless.

Back to top Go down

What on earth do a lad do when there's no football? Empty Re: What on earth do a lad do when there's no football?

Post by avfc forever Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:57 am

What I do is read a lot of football autobiography's and football magazines it get's me through it just about.
avfc forever
avfc forever

What on earth do a lad do when there's no football? 0_star10

Back to top Go down

What on earth do a lad do when there's no football? Empty Re: What on earth do a lad do when there's no football?

Post by Trotters Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:53 am

It's mid winter for me, which means wearing something called a "jumper" during the evenings. Ghastly thing.

The over 45's league is 2/3rds done and when that finishes the English football season will have started.

Work takes up much of my time, obv. Coming up with new ways to make this place better takes a little more. The rest is largely spent either with my kids or watching tv/movies obtained via questionable means :)
Trotters
Trotters

What on earth do a lad do when there's no football? 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by andrew24561 Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:51 pm

I spend it checking the post looking for a parcel with a Norwegian post mark on it, with a beer or two inside it, but alas i'm still waiting.!!!!!!!!!
andrew24561
andrew24561

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:58 pm

Working
Drinking
Planning a wedding (and by planning I mean paying for stuff my old lady says we need)
Having BBQs (with more drinking)
Playing FIFA to fill the footy void
Reading football rumours which invariably don't come true
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

What on earth do a lad do when there's no football? 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:25 pm

Lol... I need to fill that void next season somehow. TV coverage of the Championship is virtually non-existent in the USA. That said, I stopped watching Villa all together after that Liverpool match in February, and I noticed my mood dramatically got better on weekends. Haha
KMitch
KMitch

What on earth do a lad do when there's no football? 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:30 pm

KMitch wrote:TV coverage of the Championship is virtually non-existent in the USA.

Even though we are still being shown on Sky? We've already had 5 games selected for TV
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:43 pm

KMitch wrote:Lol... I need to fill that void next season somehow. TV coverage of the Championship is virtually non-existent in the USA. That said, I stopped watching Villa all together after that Liverpool match in February, and I noticed my mood dramatically got better on weekends. Haha

check this out KMitch

Its runs better if you are using an adblocker, on the left are the sports channels direct links when shown on sky or btsport, when not the games can be found by clicking on the football icon at the top then all live games will come up. good luck.
4BetLite
4BetLite

What on earth do a lad do when there's no football? 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:39 pm

4BetLite wrote:
KMitch wrote:Lol... I need to fill that void next season somehow. TV coverage of the Championship is virtually non-existent in the USA. That said, I stopped watching Villa all together after that Liverpool match in February, and I noticed my mood dramatically got better on weekends. Haha

check this out KMitch

Its runs better if you are using an adblocker, on the left are the sports channels direct links when shown on sky or btsport,  when not the games can be found by clicking on the football icon at the top then all live games will come up. good luck.

I used to use cricfree.tv and atdhe.net a year ago and it's dam annoying sometimes so I now use Kodi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr5Mz2Yci4c  It's been great, all the latest films and sports from all around the world, it does however require some setting up but it's quite easy really and well worth it when you get started, just google Kodi and there are tons of video tutorial that can help you along the way, You can also buy a fully loaded Kodi or Android box to connect to your TV and stream on there it's only about £30.00 on ebay.
Hope that helps. Scarf Waving

Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:59 pm

Thank you! I'll definitely check those out, boys. Cheers!
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:06 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:
KMitch wrote:TV coverage of the Championship is virtually non-existent in the USA.

Even though we are still being shown on Sky? We've already had 5 games selected for TV

Bein Sports has the Championship rights, as well as those for La Liga, Serie A, and Ligue 1 but they pretty much only show Barca/Madrid replays around the clock. NBC really did things the right way for Premier League matches. Every match is either on TV or streamed live in 1080p, as well as on-demand on their website for a week after kickoff. Fox does something similar for the Bundesliga, but it costs an additional $20/month.
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:34 am

I've spoken to Bein Sports as I'm in the same boat as you, @KMitch.

Seems that although they have the rights to the championship games, they don't show every game of each round. However, as our local satellite carrier here lost the premier league rights to a competitor, they're giving away Bein Sports for free so of I see Villa once a fortnight I'll be happy enough.

Last edited by Trotters on Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by avfcjay Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:05 am

Trotters wrote:I've spoken to Bein Sports as I'm in the same boat as you, @KMitch.

Seems that although they have the rights to the championship games, they don't show every game of each round. However, as our local satellite carrier here lost the premier league rights to a competitor, they're giving away Bein Sports for free so of I see Villa once a fortnight I'll be happy enough.

Yeah it was a shame to see Fox Sports lose the PL. Not sure if I want to sign up to Optus to get it again though. Will stick with the free Bein and then probably use Kodi to watch the matches I can't get :)
avfcjay

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:43 am

I use PLEX which is a fork off kodi - always found it too much of a hassle to configure, I'm fairly literate when it comes to such things.

I'll have to see what options are available to me through that.

Out of interest @avfcjay I saw an ad yesterday for Optus doing free premier league games if you're on their mobile service. Not sure if that's of interest to you.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by debandit Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:16 am

There's loads of football on
Norway
Sweden
Mls
Denmark
And European qualifiers
I like watching all them leagues as it's good attacking football most the times.
debandit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:28 am

The league in Norway has a three week summer break, so that's not correct. The rest I can't speak for.

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:02 am

Trotters wrote:I use PLEX which is a fork off kodi

I've been using Kodi for about 11 months now. Cancelled Sky just kept the broadband. Didn't miss any footy in that time, or TV, get films that aren't on Sky.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by debandit Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:38 am

Funny 3 week break but I was betting on Rosenborg last week in the league
debandit

Back to top Go down

Post by debandit Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:41 am

Also had the start game over 2.5 match goals which boomed as well. Norway been back 2 weeks already as rosenborg got there 1st ever 0v0
debandit

Back to top Go down

Post by avfcjay Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:03 pm

Trotters wrote:I use PLEX which is a fork off kodi - always found it too much of a hassle to configure, I'm fairly literate when it comes to such things.

I'll have to see what options are available to me through that.

Out of interest @avfcjay I saw an ad yesterday for Optus doing free premier league games if you're on their mobile service. Not sure if that's of interest to you.

I'm sadly with Telstra. It's also only free for a year as my friend has their service. I used to use Plex in the UK, wasn't the greatest software IMO when it came to streaming. I may see if I can steal his login and use it when the games I want to watch are on! Laughing
avfcjay

Back to top Go down

Post by debandit Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:27 pm

If you have an andriod phone download mobdro. Not on the app service but off the Internet. All sports channels free including sky sports all channels.
And movies for andriod phones download showbox a great one for new movies and old
debandit

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:31 am

Just installed that. Looks fantastic! Thanks, @debandit
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by debandit Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:56 am

No problem I use both and both are great
Watched most leagues last year. Watch the aussies a league in September. It's great 0v0 after 85 mins then finishes 2v1
debandit

Back to top Go down

Post by debandit Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:02 am

Also sign up to bet 365 and they have so much football to watch it's unreal.
Czechs, Croatia, Poland, Slovakia, Swiss, Brazil and a lot of south American leagues.
It's great yeah place a 10p bet now and then as that's the smallest amount but hey its football.
debandit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down