The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Keith Wyness Thread (Serious Version)

+10
Gordonsleftboot
Boldfinger
avfcjay
AstonThriller
De Kuip
andrew24561
Trotters
BillytheKid
4BetLite
smetro
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Keith Wyness Thread (Serious Version) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Keith Wyness Thread (Serious Version)

Post by Gordonsleftboot Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:18 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Keith Wyness interview, on official site.

We keep hearing mention of them wanting to develop a style of play that the whole team will play from juniors up to the first team, but they never actually give any indication as to what the syle will be, I'm not sure if 'Villa Engine' is the most appealing phrase, as again it suggests more of an emphasis on an identity of working hard rather than a particular style on the ball, maybe it's just a poor choice of wording.

Interesting how he's still talking about extending Villa Park capacity, developing the surrounding area, and buying clubs abroad, maybe China's crackdown on foreign investment isn't going to affect Recon/Xia too badly.

If the clubs are in China, it won't be foreign investment?
Gordonsleftboot
Gordonsleftboot

The Keith Wyness Thread (Serious Version) - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

The Keith Wyness Thread (Serious Version) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Keith Wyness Thread (Serious Version)

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:57 am

Could "Villa Engine" be around pressing and closing down similar to Klopp's philosophy?
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

The Keith Wyness Thread (Serious Version) - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:03 pm

Just desperate to go up so we can see if they are really serious about these plans. Some question Xia/Recon's financial clout but when you hear stuff like this one can't help but think that their pockets would have to be very large in order to pull this off. Even the other day Wyness said we'd be able to "match" Everton's spending this summer if/when we go up. And now he's come out with this again.

Looking at around other forums and Twitter, and it always amazes me how some fans piss and moan about the prospect of Villa park being expanded. I mean why the hell does it bother some people? Are they paying for it? Turning Villa park into a sixty thousand seater stadium would mean we wouldn't be left behind by the likes of West Ham, Spurs, Everton etc who have or are in the process of getting sixty thousand seater stadiums themselves. And furthermore, the club will be able to attract better sponsors and hold other events at the ground too.

I think VP would also be quite unique in that we would be able to keep that "traditional English ground" vibe that people admire so much, but just with an updated swag about it. I can only imagine how a new north stand, updated Witton stand and the corners of the holte filled in would look like. I think it would be incredible and nothing like the new plastic stadiums we see now which really look all the same. I mean is Spurs's new gaff really gonna look any different to Arsenal's? I doubt it. Before you know it Anfield, Old Trafford and Villa park may be the only traditional grounds left in English Football along with a few others.

And as for the "Villa Engine" stuff. Well isn't it great that we're at least building some sort of philosophy? Just by hearing that it seems like they have agreed that the first team and those below them are in two totally different worlds. They wanted tough pros for the first team and also premiership experience, all while they seek to build a style of play for the junior teams to adhere to. There's nothing wrong with that but it kind of tells me that Bruce doesn't have a future in the long term here imo.

It will also be exciting to see what clubs Recon acquire when decide to make a move. In the past Xia spoke of clubs in the lower leagues of Spain, clubs in Australia, India, America etc. So we'll see. It would be typical us to have these opportunities on the table but not manage to reach the holy land before Xia loses interest, wouldn't it? Very Happy .
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

The Keith Wyness Thread (Serious Version) - Page 2 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2