The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

KEITH WYNESS AND STEVE ROUND!!!

+11
Saunders82
Terry Derry
De Kuip
FoxyAV
smetro
DelboyVilla
Army villain
Dions_Bald_Head
achilles
Dazzle
AstonThriller
15 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

KEITH WYNESS AND STEVE ROUND!!! Empty KEITH WYNESS AND STEVE ROUND!!!

Post by AstonThriller Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:32 pm

Should they go along with Bruce too? To me The trio of Wyness, Round and Bruce just sums Villa up to a tee doesn't it? All "British" with no substance or style. Just look at all the players we've signed? 98% of them have been British. Wyness's claim to fame is that he helped to "build" up Everton when Moyes was there. But what exactly has that got to do with getting a club out of the championship? It's also very old news. Football has changed since Moyes got Everton into the top four, the landscape is very different now and he seems to be a dinosaur just like his mate Bruce.

Then we have Steve Round. A man who was interviewed to be Remi Garde's assistant just the other day and claimed he turned it down "because he wants to be a manager". Now all of a sudden he's our "technical director" and building the club's structure is in HIS hands? He may have gone to uni to get gain some knowledge, but the guy is a total novice in this game and this to me is a huge problem.

The fact is the two of them have played a role in this disaster and have undermined Xia's efforts to make this club progress. Xia has done his part, but what exactly that Wyness and Round done but talk a good game? They got rid of RDM swiftly but have stuck to Bruce like glue despite his record being appalling over a forty odd game spell. They talk about wanting a "villa engine" but then allow the manager to get away with putting garbage out on the pitch game after game. Where is the sense in that?

So in closing, I think as fans we need to challenge both Wyness and Round aswell as the manager. Because since they've arrived it's been one disappointment after another and Xia needs to understand that he's playing with fire by placing so much faith in those two individuals.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

KEITH WYNESS AND STEVE ROUND!!! 5_star11

Back to top Go down

KEITH WYNESS AND STEVE ROUND!!! Empty Re: KEITH WYNESS AND STEVE ROUND!!!

Post by Dazzle Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:59 pm

I don't think we're far off of Xia going completely his own way. By that I mean I think his right hand man at Villa (can't remember his name) is currently gaining knowledge and insight and contacts etc and essentially using Wyness and Round to see the workings of the game. At such point he thinks he knows enough about the workings I think Xia will dispense of Wyness
Dazzle
Dazzle

KEITH WYNESS AND STEVE ROUND!!! 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:46 pm

I don't know if Wyness should be sacked, maybe not, but I'd bring someone else in to make the key football decisions like managerial appointments, and player recruitment policy, leave Wyness to the business side of things if that's what he's good at. From what he says it seems he's stuck in the past just as much as Bruce, from a football perspective. Always surprises me that Cortese never got back into the game, but I think what we might need is a Ralf Rangnick type, either as manager, or as some sort of sporting director.

Not sure about Round, from what's been said recently, I think his involvement is more with the academy, and that's where this so called 'Villa engine' is going to arise from, rather than the club buying a bunch of players for the first team with a view to playing 'tika a taka' or whatever it might be, so of course it will take a while to anyone outside the club to know if he's successful or not.
deadbuzzardalive

KEITH WYNESS AND STEVE ROUND!!! 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:21 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:I don't know if Wyness should be sacked, maybe not, but I'd bring someone else in to make the key football decisions like managerial appointments, and player recruitment policy, leave Wyness to the business side of things if that's what he's good at. From what he says it seems he's stuck in the past just as much as Bruce, from a football perspective. Always surprises me that Cortese never got back into the game, but I think what we might need is a Ralf Rangnick type, either as manager, or as some sort of sporting director.

Not sure about Round, from what's been said recently, I think his involvement is more with the academy, and that's where this so called 'Villa engine' is going to arise from, rather than the club buying a bunch of players for the first team with a view to playing 'tika a taka' or whatever it might be, so of course it will take a while to anyone outside the club to know if he's successful or not.

Well something has to give. They were the ones who brought in Bruce weren't they? Round even said they went through a statistics firm and "Bruce was the outstanding candidate". And I question why stats was such a factor for finding a manager? If Cortese only used stats, then he would have never have gotten Pochetino. And that's why Round worries me because he didn't look at a managers philosophy, transfer record, record of bringing through youngsters etc. All he seemed to be fixated on is the promotion record which is worrying to me.

Rangnick is a great suggestion btw and would no doubt be a coup for this club.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:32 pm

I certainly wouldn't let Wyness or Round pick the next manager, with some of Xia's recent tweets praising Silva, talking about Guardiola and his policy of promoting youth at Barcelona, and following Clotet maybe he wants to try a different approach. Wyness has said that XIa doesn't interfere in football matters, but maybe on this he needs to make his voice clear, or otherwise bring people in who are more in line with his vision for the club.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:48 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:I certainly wouldn't let Wyness or Round pick the next manager, with some of Xia's recent tweets praising Silva, talking about Guardiola and his policy of promoting youth at Barcelona, and following Clotet maybe he wants to try a different approach. Wyness has said that XIa doesn't interfere in football matters, but maybe on this he needs to make his voice clear, or otherwise bring people in who are more in line with his vision for the club.

But with them being the "football people", and Round being head of the "football department", picking a manager is part of their remit isn't it? And if they can't be trusted then what's the point of them being here?
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:29 pm

Someone that I know who has spoken with Wyness a few times now, does not think very highly of him and that is putting it mildly! KEITH WYNESS AND STEVE ROUND!!! 498107619
achilles
achilles

KEITH WYNESS AND STEVE ROUND!!! 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:33 am

achilles wrote:Someone that I know who has spoken with Wyness a few times now, does not think very highly of him and that is putting it mildly! KEITH WYNESS AND STEVE ROUND!!! 498107619

Care to elaborate achilles? What was the verdict? Very Happy
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:46 am

AstonThriller wrote:
achilles wrote:Someone that I know who has spoken with Wyness a few times now, does not think very highly of him and that is putting it mildly! KEITH WYNESS AND STEVE ROUND!!! 498107619

Care to elaborate achilles? What was the verdict? Very Happy

Very full of his own importance and not one to take advice, in fact he said that Wyness gave him earache with his bullshit, complete opposite of Mervyn King who was an absolute gentleman and was prepared to listen!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:30 am

One step forward, two back.

KEITH WYNESS AND STEVE ROUND!!! 4107169167
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Army villain Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:54 am

Xia will have the final say in the manager, they all need to get this right with the amount of money we have spent, we should be at the top of the table. Just look at Swansea, playing well and are coached to play attacking football. We have the players but we are lacking in tactics and coaching, and for me it's the manger.
Army villain
Army villain

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:13 pm

I imagine most of Wyness's sentences start with the words "when I was at Everton with Moyes......"

I imagine Round says " when you look at it statistically......"
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:22 pm

Just listening to Nicola Cortese on talksport right now. He talks about how he interviewed Eddie Howe before they got Nigel Adkins and he was blown away. But Eddie ruled himself out. Then he went with his scout to watch Coutinho who was on loan at Espanyol and then that's is when he saw Pochetino on the touchline and he said he just got a feeling that he was the real deal.

Very very good interview and it's still going on right now guys HERE

Also mentioned he wanted a manager who was different to the norm. How do they do training sessions? tactics? etc. Compare this to that fat arse Wyness who is running the show!!!..LOL my gosh I could cry I really could No .
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:34 pm

Wyness = ok
Round = Tosser
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:47 pm

This is from the recent fans parliament...

2. In terms of the 'Villa Engine` is it possible to have some specific examples of what has been implemented so far, beyond marketing/motivational taglines such as 'Pride, Passion & Purpose`?

In terms of a style of play for the first team, it`s been said that the focus is currently promotion and the ethos of "only results matter" is being practiced to achieve this. If Villa fail again to get promoted this season, when does the style of play of Villa come to the surface and become a focus of the engine, as a way to be successful?

It is the longer term vision that we are developing and will start to flow through the club from all age groups. We recognise there is a short term imperative to get promoted and that means the total concept may not manifest itself in the first team as yet.

This idea that we have to wait until we get out of the Championship to implement a style of play in the first team, is a totally false one, and it shows a lack of respect and knowledge about the division we're in. Bournemouth, Southampton, Swansea, and others all developed their styles in the lower leagues, which helped them get promoted and helped them in the long run.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:23 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:This is from the recent fans parliament...

2. In terms of the 'Villa Engine` is it possible to have some specific examples of what has been implemented so far, beyond marketing/motivational taglines such as 'Pride, Passion & Purpose`?

In terms of a style of play for the first team, it`s been said that the focus is currently promotion and the ethos of "only results matter" is being practiced to achieve this. If Villa fail again to get promoted this season, when does the style of play of Villa come to the surface and become a focus of the engine, as a way to be successful?

It is the longer term vision that we are developing and will start to flow through the club from all age groups. We recognise there is a short term imperative to get promoted and that means the total concept may not manifest itself in the first team as yet.

This idea that we have to wait until we get out of the Championship to implement a style of play in the first team, is a totally false one, and it shows a lack of respect and knowledge about the division we're in. Bournemouth, Southampton, Swansea, and others all developed their styles in the lower leagues, which helped them get promoted and helped them in the long run.

Quite. We need to build the team around players like Hourihane, Kodjia, Chester and Adomah - the ones who not only work hard for the team and club but are good at it too. We need a way of training to gain a level of fitness we currently don't display, but which virtually every team we play against has. The players need to play a certain way and learn who they're surrounded by and how they work, neither of these is currently happening either. Unfortunately this kind of thing needs to start at the top with the manager and only then can it be taken up in the academy. We don't need a new formation with new players every week for the hell of it, we need the best players in each position, back up from the bench and fully functioning U23 and academy teams where the players play the same way and importantly know how the first team players operate so if we suddenly find ourselves missing a left winger, for example, we don't have to play Elmo there or whoever. We build a confident squad, we then introduce variations, the players are coached how to cope with adjustments mid-game to accommodate situations like red cards or ganging up on opposition players (or opposition ganging up on our players!) and on how to change formation to suit - so if we need to pack out the midfield more if we're being overrun or for the midfield to shift from 4-4-2 to 4-3-3.

The winning mentality and momentum are what are going to drive us into the Premier League, not bringing in the likes of Whelan, Terry and Elmo and players with good statistics like McCormack, Hogan and Lansbury (conveniently forgetting Hourihane, who, it turns out was a good buy), to try to get us into the PL so we can then buy a new team. We need a strong core around which the team is built up, not a team built up and then disassembled at the end of the year as new players are bought in, like we've seen since MON left. We don't need the likes of Elmo taking a place from someone like Adomah, who as part of a confident and successful team could work well for us in the PL, or Whelan, who doesn't appear to offer anything more than a scary face and something to temporarily slow down the opposition as they run round him and his knackered legs.

I'd honestly rather see a squad picked from the academy and that core of Johnstone (I hope we have a clause to buy him!), Chester, Hourihane, Adomah and Kodjia, with the likes of O'Hare, Davis, Grealish and so on involved, and a manager with a decent brain. We need to build a team for the future and that's something Bruce is currently messing up.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:34 pm

Well the 'only results matter' ethos has lasted a long time as we now seem to have moved to 'not losing matters' style of play?
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:05 pm

It speaks to the idea that they're still under the outdated notion, that to get out of the Championship you need to play up and at them football and scrap for wins, despite what' happened at other successful clubs and what's happening now.

The reason teams like Southampton, Bournemouth, and Swansea have done well is because they developed a style of play whilst in the lower leagues, which stood them in good stead for when they got promoted, they didn't play hoof-ball and then suddenly try and play good football once in the Premier league.

We're being run by dinosaurs.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:17 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:It speaks to the idea that they're still under the outdated notion, that to get out of the Championship you need to play up and at them football and scrap for wins, despite what' happened at other successful clubs and what's happening now.

The reason teams like Southampton, Bournemouth, and Swansea have done well is because they developed a style of play whilst in the lower leagues, which stood them in good stead for when they got promoted, they didn't play hoof-ball and then suddenly try and play good football once in the Premier league.

We're being run by dinosaurs.

I believe these young whipper snappers call it passing? It will never last as it is just a flash in the pan!
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:20 pm

I'd add Brighton to that list of clubs - developed a very positive and fluid style in league 1 and kept to that ethos. Not sure if Sheff U have a style as I haven't seen enough of them but they are a team I tipped to do well on here at the start of the season and they have built from a league 1 foundation as well.
It pains me to see us at present - dinosaur football and about as quick.
De Kuip
De Kuip

KEITH WYNESS AND STEVE ROUND!!! 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:58 pm

Wyness is outsourcing every department at Villa Park. Service at most kiosks is appalling. The ticketing arrangements are dreadful. They are employing cheap, clueless labour.
They are allowing Bruce to carry on the Bomb Squad policy of previous managers, thereby allowing him to block players from playing while paying them huge wages. The one thing that Wyness has in his favour is that he is not that wanker Tom Fox.
I am not convinced that we are going up this season. The board must go.
Terry Derry
Terry Derry

KEITH WYNESS AND STEVE ROUND!!! 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:29 pm

When we were relegated I really didn't think there was any chance of us doing a Leeds/Forest/Wednesday, but with the way the club has been run since then, that's sadly looking more and more likely.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:01 pm

They must take some of the blame but will they?
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:19 pm

Wyness's position at the club should be under scrutiny, and a new manager is needed, and he shouldn't be anywhere near the decision making process.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:15 pm

Wyness seems untouchable therefore so is Potato Head?
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next