The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread.

+49
Wookster
Alf T
Dazzle
deadbuzzardalive
Fpuppys
Trotters
jeffvilla
Dions_Bald_Head
Boldfinger
big ming
4BetLite
Villa_Dan
The Utterer
Jae1411
Timeclock
De Kuip
achilles
AstonThriller
Gordonsleftboot
DelboyVilla
NARLA24
Sky
smetro
Wriggle
FoxyAV
Con
Villa Ranger
Saunders82
mefromhere
shanghaivilla
Thinman
BillytheKid
Rawlie
Synopsis
TheVillansOfAston
avfc85
KMitch
danclare82
1Elliot
CoE82
VillaSteve
Heisenberg
South London Villan
VillaBill
UnclePanda
thegaffer6
Suits
pcfbavfcoman
Mr_Spadge
53 posters

Page 4 of 24 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 ... 24  Next

Go down

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 4 Empty Re: A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread.

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:54 pm

He's deleted and apologized for that retweet, he obviously had no idea who it was. An horrible trick to play on him, spoils it for everyone.
deadbuzzardalive

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 4 4_star10

Back to top Go down

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 4 Empty Re: A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread.

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:58 pm

As for the meeting with the press, Wyness has said that it's going to be a flying visit, so presumably they will be meeting the Chinese media, later today, Chinese time. So might hear a few bits and pieces of what's been said tomorrow morning.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:03 am

Wyness looks like the kind of bloke who'll go out for a meal with work colleagues then stumble around afterward looking for a KFC Family Bucket.
Trotters
Trotters

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 4 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:11 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:He's deleted and apologized for that retweet, he obviously had no idea who it was. An horrible trick to play on him, spoils it for everyone.

Some complete arse-clown asked him to retreat a happy birthday to his uncle Jimmy Savile who'd be 80. This dickhead is a villa fan FFS. What a sugarbag.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:50 pm

A quote from Xia...

"Villa is like a lion in sleep," said Xia. "We hope to wake up this lion through changes in management and operations."

China Today

It's statements like that that make me wonder that there isn't going to be a lot of money spent.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:24 am

On some of the pictures from the press conference there was a bearded and balding guy with the microphone.

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 4 006mvdoYjw1f5y7myyw58j315v0rwk1y

I just presumed he was some sort of host, but after looking into it, it looks like it's Michael Charlton, 'Director General of UK Trade & Investment (UKTI) in China'.

Doesn't really tell us much, but I thought it might be of interest to some.

His page on Government site
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:17 am

Trotters wrote:
deadbuzzardalive wrote:He's deleted and apologized for that retweet, he obviously had no idea who it was. An horrible trick to play on him, spoils it for everyone.

Some complete arse-clown asked him to retreat a happy birthday to his uncle Jimmy Savile who'd be 80. This dickhead is a villa fan FFS. What a sugarbag.

You really believe that clown was a Villa fan? Not me.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 4 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:20 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:On some of the pictures from the press conference there was a bearded and balding guy with the microphone.

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 4 006mvdoYjw1f5y7myyw58j315v0rwk1y

I just presumed he was some sort of host, but after looking into it, it looks like it's Michael Charlton, 'Director General of UK Trade & Investment (UKTI) in China'.

Doesn't really tell us much, but I thought it might be of interest to some.

His page on Government site

I firmly believe that Xia is just one minor part of the jigsaw and there are a lot of people pulling the strings via Recon.

Anyway Tony is back on twitter today...can someone ask him whats the latest with the new technical director? Not heard much about it lately.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:24 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:A quote from Xia...

"Villa is like a lion in sleep," said Xia. "We hope to wake up this lion through changes in management and operations."

China Today

It's statements like that that make me wonder that there isn't going to be a lot of money spent.

Management and operations are just as vital as spending big money. Xia already said several times that he wants to make us the biggest club in China and also one of the top three in Europe. Yes probably wishful thinking but no-one says that while expecting to spend pennies. Newcastle spent 100m last season and still went down...management and operations are what makes Southampton what they are today and it's something we should follow as well as spend money.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:36 am

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 4 Screen10
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:46 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:A quote from Xia...

China Today

Depends what you mean by a lot. W eve spent around £12-13m already - thats decent by championship standards.

If you brought into the 2nd Man City, and being bankrolled by the Chinese government - then IMO you're setting up yourself for a major disappointment.

That said a well run Aston villa can do quite nicely IMO - He's brought in Keith Wyness - a very experienced bloke - and that geezer (Stone) from Southampton. He's also trying to drum up interest in china. He seems full of enthusiasm with lots of ideas. I don't think we are about to bankrolled by mega billions - none the less Tony can be good for us.

smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:00 pm

smetro wrote:

Depends what you mean by a lot. W eve spent around £12-13m already - thats decent by championship standards.

If you brought into the 2nd Man City, and being bankrolled by the Chinese government - then IMO you're setting up yourself for a major disappointment.

That said a well run Aston villa can do quite nicely IMO - He's brought in Keith Wyness - a very experienced bloke - and that geezer (Stone) from Southampton. He's also trying to drum up interest in china. He seems full of enthusiasm with lots of ideas. I don't think we are about to bankrolled by mega billions - none the less Tony can be good for us.

I don't think we will see Xia's full ambitions for the club until we get promoted imo. We've already got a squad full of talent like Amavi, Ayew, Gana, Grealish, Okore, Adama etc...why spend mega money now when most of what we need is already there? To me that doesn't make sense and I doubt the City, Chelsea or PSG owners would be any different.

With Xia wanting to buy up clubs to be our feeder teams I'd say he's got something about him tbh...I repeat only city's lot have done that thus far.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:09 pm

It is unbelievable the things some people have got the nerve to post on Twitter.

Hearsay is dangerous ground and the conclusions people draw from listening to/reading it are astounding.

Clearly nobody, outside of those that really need to, know what Xia is worth and they basically don't like not knowing so instead resort to almost child like tactics to try to find out.

For me Xia's word, especially being honour bound to a massive level in his homeland, plus the excitement of those who have been able to view actual evidence like Hollis, Lerner & no doubt their legal teams and then The FA & Football League's investigative bodies etc should be all we need in my opinion to have a bit more faith.

Some have clearly been rattled by reading the conspiracy theories of some twitter and chat site posters and ridiculous, trashy twitter & newspaper nonsense based on nothing more than the fact that they don't know anything so instead throw mud and BS to see if it can squeeze a bit more info out most likely. But to use that as a basis to actually send the message which Xia felt he needed to respond to is staggering and i agree that the author would be best suited to learning more about the way the World works and people skills than living an illusionary life based on the utter drivel which abounds on social media, their know-it-all mate spouts down the pub over a few beers & in the media!

Any smart person would know that if you're going to put yourself in the limelight and question people about their integrity publicly then you just don't do it based on hearsay!

Well done Xia on putting the guy in his place !!

Rant over A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 4 1715320296 lol!
The Utterer
The Utterer

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 4 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:18 pm

Talking of buying other clubs, he has tweeted that he's off to India, maybe linked.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:21 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Talking of buying other clubs, he has tweeted that he's off to India, maybe linked.

Pretty sure he has spoke (or maybe it was Wyness?)....of the Indian League being somewhere he wants to invest. That could be a master stroke, as the amount of support for football in India is growing, and if that in turn drums up interest through the indian communities throughout the west midlands, then who knows!
Currently only 9 teams in the I-League so presumably plenty of scope for development. Doesn't seem to be any teams based in northern India....perhaps a team in or near Delhi would attract enormous support?

Up the Delhi Villa!

cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:42 am

perhaps a team in or near Delhi would attract enormous support

Delhi Dynamos already play there. In a 60 000 seater stadium.

I watched some of the Indian Super League when it first started. The fans seemed to be loving it and there were a number of big (old) European names out there making their last payday. The rules allowed 1 marquee player and the rest of the team had to be Indian (if I remember correctly) which resulted in some decent players but some absolute shocking ones.

Roberto Carlos was player/manager of Delhi for the last 2 years
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:45 am

Villa_Dan wrote:
perhaps a team in or near Delhi would attract enormous support

Delhi Dynamos already play there. In a 60 000 seater stadium.

I watched some of the Indian Super League when it first started. The fans seemed to be loving it and there were a number of big (old) European names out there making their last payday. The rules allowed 1 marquee player and the rest of the team had to be Indian (if I remember correctly) which resulted in some decent players but some absolute shocking ones.

Roberto Carlos was player/manager of Delhi for the last 2 years

My bad...sorry. I was looking at iLeague....not the Super League.

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:20 pm

Has tweeted that the new Technical Director will be chosen from three candidates and announced before the season.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:34 pm

Someone ask him how the plans to buy feeder clubs is going? And does he plan to redevelop the north stand any time soon?
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:52 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:There's a lot more to the wealth of the Wolves owners than what they're personally worth. Fosun made 11 Billion last year, apparently that's 25 million a day.

And Recon are said to have assets worth "hundreds of billions" under their name. With Xia even saying he was on the verge of sealing a deal for a company worth 3.2 billion dollars etc!!..we can all play that game but like I said the proof will be in the pudding. Lets see who Wolves appoint as manager and the kind of players they bring in. I know for sure that thus far our dealings where the structure of the club is concerned has been nothing but top class. I'd expect to see the same at Wolves if their owners are serious.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:04 pm

AstonThriller wrote:
deadbuzzardalive wrote:There's a lot more to the wealth of the Wolves owners than what they're personally worth. Fosun made 11 Billion last year, apparently that's 25 million a day.

And Recon are said to have assets worth "hundreds of billions" under their name. With Xia even saying he was on the verge of sealing a deal for a company worth 3.2 billion dollars etc!!..we can all play that game but like I said the proof will be in the pudding. Lets see who Wolves appoint as manager and the kind of players they bring in. I know for sure that thus far our dealings where the structure of the club is concerned has been nothing but top class. I'd expect to see the same at Wolves if their owners are serious.

Spot on. Dr Tony has done everything right so far (Champions League winning manager, top Backroom staff, backing the manager with funds, hiring a respected former Premier League chairman, an analyst from Southampton's famous scouting team, and soon to be announced Technical Director, who will also most likely be a highly regarded figure, and he talks to the fans/media),. He is literally the "AntiLerner" and still some fans aren't happy enough. The jury is still out on the man, but his actions so far don't indicate he is a bullshitter.
KMitch
KMitch

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 4 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:25 pm

The thing of Recon having assets worth hundreds of billions is just a claim on their website, rather than anything that can be verified. For what it's worth I believe it to be true, because looking into them, they appear to be too much of a reputable company to be making daft claims on their site, although I suspect it's 'control' rather than 'owning' and the currency is probably yuan, that's still very impressive though, especially when you consider how young Xia is.

And I'm not saying that we're going to be government backed, but I wouldn't be surprised if Xia's companies start getting favourable contracts soon, in a way that helps his companies to grow. I don't think it can be denied that he has connections.

Just because someone's pointing out that the Wolves new owners appear to be incredibly rich. Doesn't mean to say they're not happy with Xia.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:31 pm

He's in India at the moment,, that he's there with Samuelson perhaps increases the likely hood that it's something to do with him buying a football club there.

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 4 Cn-WKvlUEAQpqCs
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:58 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:He's in India at the moment,, that he's there with Samuelson perhaps increases the likely hood that it's something to do with him buying a football club there.

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 4 Cn-WKvlUEAQpqCs

That's a room full of Bond villain's if ever there was one A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 4 4107169167
4BetLite
4BetLite

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 4 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:58 pm

The one holding the box thing with Xia, is Vijay Goel. Who I think is some sort of sports minister in India.

The photo is from his twitter

Vijay Goel ‏@VijayGoelBJP 6h6 hours ago

Met @Dr_TonyXia , Chairman & CEO of Aston Villa Football Club UK to discuss promotion of football in India.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 24 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 ... 24  Next