The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation

+71
mefromhere
JoshKaiAV
thinlizzy
A.V.F.C
Gordonsleftboot
big ming
HarryAVFC
banneruk
Villa Ranger
Army villain
Andyh
TheVillansOfAston
Mooseman
rosco77
WendyOz
Chrissylee1111
chrisw1
Barabass
avfcjay
avfc forever
Boldfinger
bruka
villan007
Leafs1201
Kakacroom
Jae1411
smetro
danclare82
Synopsis
Dions_Bald_Head
Villa_Dan
tonyp
jeffvilla
Dgrizzle7
Cha Ching
De Kuip
Wriggle
Rawlie
Lammypaul
KMitch
BillytheKid
avfc85
Con
4BetLite
DelboyVilla
FoxyAV
Trotters
avfcjoe
AstonThriller
deadbuzzardalive
achilles
Robbo
VillaBill
Saunders82
Aston Phila
The Utterer
villajk
nickf21
CoE82
Peter
VTID85
1Elliot
Wookster
lukevilla
Olofsbeard
Fpuppys
worcesterkev
Dazzle
UnclePanda
thegaffer6
NARLA24
75 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 39 Empty Re: 2016 Summer Transfer Speculation

Post by lukevilla Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:25 pm

gdav wrote:Someone on Twitter saying Delph in discussions to return on loan!!
That has to be bullshit??

have you got a link, hope this is bullshit!
lukevilla

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 39 0_star10

Back to top Go down

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 39 Empty Re: 2016 Summer Transfer Speculation

Post by Saunders82 Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:28 pm

People on twitter saying the Bigmac deal is done announced in the morning, apparently Dr Tony says gooooooooooopoooooo ? could be time for bananas? Dancing Banana
Saunders82
Saunders82

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 39 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by CoE82 Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:41 pm

Why are the modern day football fans obsessed with how much is spent, I know Dr T said he would spend what is needed, but we have a lot of dross that needs to be gotten rid of, so if we ship them out and what is brought in is from there sales then so be it, myself I think the funds are there for the right player, as shown with McCormack.

We have wasted money over the last 10 years, and look where it has got us, no sensible owner is going to just throw money around, so if we end up with a zero net spend but a better squad I'm all for it.

but looking at it so far we are £12-£14 million net spend and I can't see any of our dross helping us recover all of that.
CoE82
CoE82

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:58 pm

No chance Delph would come back. He knows he's a sugarbag, he knows the fans know he's a sugarbag, we know he knows we know he's a sugarbag, and Xia has tweeted before about such sugarbag acts.

I rate this rumour at minus 1 million.
Trotters
Trotters

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 39 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by CoE82 Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:14 pm

Trotters wrote:No chance Delph would come back. He knows he's a sugarbag,  he knows the fans know he's a sugarbag, we know he knows we know he's a sugarbag, and Xia has tweeted before about such sugarbag  acts.

I agree, but I'd still have him back as he's better than what we currently have, that's another bug bear, why do fans get upset when players leave, it's a job to them and a very short career, as long as they give there all day don't care if they or how they leave.
CoE82
CoE82

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:20 pm

This explains much....

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 39 20160810
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:23 pm

BillytheKid wrote:Newcastle have about £40 million or so on there way for Sissokho now this is defo a sell to buy policy for them knowing top clubs like Madrid and Juve Arsenal are in for him, Ashley knows he won't be spending a penny in the end this season on transfers or very little at all!

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 39 Giphy-10
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:42 pm

CM anchor and RB please. Oh and Bamford.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:46 pm

Chris Gunter any takers?

Personally I want us to sign Iorfa tbh

Back to top Go down

Post by CoE82 Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:51 pm

Joppe84 wrote:Chris Gunter any takers?

previously I'd of said no, but he seems to have improved under coleman for Wales.
CoE82
CoE82

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa Ranger Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:54 pm

CoE82 wrote:
Trotters wrote:No chance Delph would come back. He knows he's a sugarbag,  he knows the fans know he's a sugarbag, we know he knows we know he's a sugarbag, and Xia has tweeted before about such sugarbag  acts.

I agree, but I'd still have him back as he's better than what we currently have, that's another bug bear, why do fans get upset when players leave, it's a job to them and a very short career, as long as they give there all day don't care if they or how they leave.

More than just a bugbear, I find it incredible that any real football fan questions why Villa fans are angry about Delph's behaviour.

That this post was written by a Villa fan is astonishing.

He came out in public, on two separate occasions, and swore allegiance to the club and the fans, only to shite on them from a great height by leaving anyway.

He then publicly rubbed that shite in all our faces with his "Snakes on a Plane" tweet, along with that other shitbag Sterling.

If it was a choice between relegation to League 1, or seeing that cnut back in a Villa shirt, I would choose the former every day of the week.

I have taken a severe battering from fans of many other teams this past few years, but I still have some pride left as a Villa fan.

Not much, but enough.
Villa Ranger
Villa Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by CoE82 Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:06 am

maybe I just take football for what it is and that's just a game, that makes me no lesser fan, just players are loyal to themselves, but along as they give 100% while wearing the shirt, which he always did then so be it. players come and go why get upset how they behave or leave.
CoE82
CoE82

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:04 am

Because he's an A class P***k of the highest order and left this club in the lurch on the eve of what turned out to be our relegation year and this after the club stood by him through many injuries and gave him the platform to elevate himself to England level. To do that was one thing and i can even accept that he was under a lot of pressure and getting ridiculed when he originally turned the move down, clearly he is weak of character though and caved in to that ridicule at the last minute as his Ego clearly couldn't take it.

What i cannot take though is having been elevated to England status, looked after and adored by the fans he then saw fit to publicly take the pisssss after effectively leaving this club with no leader and no time to do anything about it knowing full well it would be a tough year with Benteke going etc.

That to me says grade A tosser! 2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 39 50815218

The Utterer
The Utterer

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 39 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa Ranger Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:06 am

The Utterer wrote: To do that was one thing and i can even accept that he was under a lot of pressure and getting ridiculed when he originally turned the move down, clearly he is weak of character though and caved in to that ridicule at the last minute as his Ego clearly couldn't take it.

This.

Yes, I'm sure Man City came back with an improved offer but so what? He should have just told his agent: "No, I've given not just private, but public assurances that I'm staying. If I leave now I'm going to look like a spineless prick whose 'word' means absolutely nothing. I've made my decision and now I need to focus. Don't speak to Man City again or I'll be looking for another agent."

Instead he crawls away under a proverbial rock (a.k.a. substitutes bench), and even this I could have dealt with, but the S.o.a.P. tweet shows the true measure of the 'boy'.

I don't subscribe to the idea that old school football is the best. Where skillful players were kicked out of the game and refs turned a blind eye, but honestly I sometimes feel we waste good time and money watching overgrown babies wearing the shirt that used to be worn by real men.

It's gone too far now. Jamie Carragher had it spot on, in his article about England's recent predictable tournament exit. In a desperate effort to spot / exploit football talent at an early age, we are fostering pampered, mentally weak and fragile footballers who wouldn't know how to book a dentists appointment, never mind purchase a property. Their agents do everything. How can we expect them to behave like mature people when it matters?

In an international tournament, when the pressure is on, faced with mentally tough opposition (yes, like Iceland), they crumble. They have no resources to draw on for the mental toughness they need to prevail.

Thus, they appear not to be able to control a football or make a simple pass. Even our England captain, who now looks forward to a club testimonial, such is his experience, cannot keep his head, when all around are losing theirs.

Like all of you, I'm hoping for a season watching players who wear the shirt with pride, who behave like men, who behave professionally, both off the pitch and on it, and who make me proud to be a Villa fan once again.

Scarf Waving
Villa Ranger
Villa Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by TheVillansOfAston Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:13 am

The only people loyal to a football club are its fans, the spirit of a football club, the beating heart of a football club, the ones who very personally and as a whole endure the pain of every defeat, the ecstacy of every win, from the lowest of the lower leagues to the pinnacle of the Premier League, does a modern day footballer care about its fans? The very people who hold them in such high esteem? No of course they don't, they may very well talk a good talk about how much they love the club, kiss the clubs badge on the shirt when scoring a goal, but at the end of the day todays footballers are driven by two things, money and fame, and they will piss over and shit on anyone who gets in their way of fulfilling their ambition, that being to be as rich and as famous as they can be, Fabian Delph was a perfect example of this, his head was turned by the thought of all those extra thousands of pounds every month, and how much fame it could buy him, any thought of how his actions would affect Villa and it's fans were the last thing on his mind.....If he had conducted himself like the fully grown adult male he is meant to be at the time of his departure, and just came out with straight away "I'm leaving, thank you for all your support during my time here, but i want to try something new" Fair enough, at least he would have been honest and upfront about it......But as we all know, Mr Delph lied to each and every one of us, but not just once, twice, and as blatantly blatant, and as cowardly as he could possibly be. So summing up if there is any substance to these rumours circulating about a return of the slippery one, i for one would not welcome him back, Fabian Delph is not worthy to walk through the gates of VP as a Villa player, he is not worthy to wear the Claret and Blue of Aston Villa, and he is certainly not worthy of the fans who once adored him. This is a time for new beginnings, he is a symbol of our troubled past, and a symptom and contributer of it. UTV
TheVillansOfAston
TheVillansOfAston

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:30 am

He had a verbal contract with the club and it's fans and he broke it in the worst possible way.

But I also blame Lerner/Fox for managing things so badly that a brilliant young player was allowed to run his contract down.

I very much look forward to the day that I read how Lerner has gone bankrupt and Fox got hit by a falling piano. sugarbags, both of them.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:31 am

3 posts above are as good as anything I've seen on this site ever and exactly replicate my thoughts (but better written!).
Totally respect your view CoE82 but in attitude to Villa, you and I are simply galaxies apart.
De Kuip
De Kuip

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 39 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:37 am

Oh and by the way thanks for the word filter Trotters. I actually called some twat who carved me up on the road yesterday a sugar bag!  Mrs DK said what the hell is a sugarbag? She thought it was some English swearword that she'd never heard of. It's great to use when the kids are in the car as I still get the satisfaction that comes from calling someone a c.u.n.etc. ha ha.
De Kuip
De Kuip

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 39 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:06 am

Agree with the others. It's the way he lied to the fans which makes me hope he suffers a bad injury. Downing likewise.

Benteke
Milner
Barry

All never lied and all would be welcomed back
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 39 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:36 am

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 39 CpAHeUSUAAAxxjB
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:46 am

De Kuip wrote:Oh and by the way thanks for the word filter Trotters. I actually called some twat who carved me up on the road yesterday a sugar bag!  Mrs DK said what the hell is a sugarbag? She thought it was some English swearword that she'd never heard of. It's great to use when the kids are in the car as I still get the satisfaction that comes from calling someone a c.u.n.etc. ha ha.

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 39 4025243045
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:58 am

Gotta say that this signing has significantly raised my level of optimism for the coming season.

I'd envisioned that most opposition managers would be telling their players that Villa have no teeth and are mentally fragile. McCormack goes some way to changing the game - something we've lacked since Benteke left us. If we can add a bastard midfielder who is capable of dictating the game then I'll be fairly confident of bouncing back to the premier league at the first time of asking.

There's still work to be done both on and off the pitch but for the first time in years we're moving in the right direction with some intent. Our years of being a failed, nondescript, soulless club are coming to an end.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:04 am

Great signing and one that proves that he is not some retarded inbred cockwomble whose attention span is less than a goldfish?

Who cares how much or little money he has if he continues to spend as wisely as this?

More intelligent buys please Tony!
DelboyVilla

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 39 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:06 am

Trotters wrote:Gotta say that this signing has significantly raised my level of optimism for the coming season.

I'd envisioned that most opposition managers would be telling their players that Villa have no teeth and are mentally fragile. McCormack goes some way to changing the game - something we've lacked since Benteke left us. If we can add a bastard midfielder who is capable of dictating the game then I'll be fairly confident of bouncing back to the premier league at the first time of asking.

There's still work to be done both on and off the pitch but for the first time in years we're moving in the right direction with some intent. Our years of being a failed, nondescript, soulless club are coming to an end.

Agreed. We've now got a striker which every defence in this league will fear and who has done a job on them consistently over the last 3 years. He's also got experience so won't be knocked off his game by anything they do. And he's worn the captains armband at Leeds and Fulham so we've now got a strong head at the back in Elphick and up top in McCormack.

At the start of the summer I said I'd take Bamford and/or McCormack and that his age wouldn't really be an issue should his goals get us promoted.

The Brum Mail actually wrote a decent article about how McCormack could turn Gestede's fortunes around. If that happens we've 2 strikers who could conceivably score 15-20 goals EACH at this level. That's massive. Also both have excellent scoring records against the Blouse....

Ayew playing more as a roaming #10 and Audrey Hepburn-Murphy as back up. With Flabby somewhere no doubt.
Green, Traore, Grealish offer some creativity.

I see us making 1 more signing in the next week or so then going quiet until deadline day where Tony might try and make a splash with someone coming in.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 39 Empty Would I welcome Snake opps sorry delph back into the fold . No no a thousands times no.

Post by jeffvilla Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:07 am

lukevilla wrote:
gdav wrote:Someone on Twitter saying Delph in discussions to return on loan!!
That has to be bullshit??

have you got a link, hope this is bullshit!
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 39 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next