The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Team for the Championship??

+54
Boldfinger
danclare82
Kakacroom
Aston Phila
JoshKaiAV
VTID85
lukevilla
1Elliot
Mr_Spadge
nickf21
Saunders82
AstonThriller
De Kuip
mikethevillain
Lammypaul
Synopsis
pcfbavfcoman
South London Villan
andrew24561
Alf T
achilles
BillytheKid
big ming
fastbackace
Rawlie
AVFClee
bruka
KMitch
Con
Trotters
River
Leafs1201
ember
DaveAV1
NARLA24
DelboyVilla
EbeneezerGoode
Thinman
Dions_Bald_Head
thegaffer6
avfc85
Robbo
mefromhere
4BetLite
UnclePanda
gdav
VillaBill
jeffvilla
smetro
Stratfordvilla
villajk
FoxyAV
Villa_Dan
The Utterer
58 posters

Page 7 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next

Go down

Team for the Championship?? - Page 7 Empty Re: Team for the Championship??

Post by Villa_Dan Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:22 am

VillaBill wrote:
FoxyAV wrote:I don't want Richards anywhere near our team. Okore, yes, if he's not driven out first.

Okore? He has committed the worst offence of all, he should never darken our door again!

I'm with Okore too. Fuck Black, the useless shit stain
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Team for the Championship?? - Page 7 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:29 am

There's one thing a player never must do and that's putting himself above the needs of the club.

Okore has come out like a right twat from this. I always liked him and I thought Okore/Clark looked very good together as long as Clark played on the right side of the defence. However there's no coming back from this. You simply can't do what Okore has done. Fuck him right off. Sell him at once.

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:29 am

The needs of the club? He asked to be given a shot seeing as how badly Lescott and Richards are and was demoted to the U21s for it.

Sell a bright, young prospect who is desperate to play for that? Get the fuck out of here with that shit. He wants to play, those are the players we need.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:50 am

No no no. He REFUSED TO PARTICIPATE when asked to. That's not a team player. He can fuck off. Big headed twats with mediocre ability is half the reason we're relegated in the first place.

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:08 pm

No. He asked Black to be given a go, Black dumped him into the U21s then went back to him and offered him a place on the bench. That's when he told Black to do one and I don't blame him. Okore was on the bench before that happened. Black is a twat
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:13 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:No. He asked Black to be given a go, Black dumped him into the U21s then went back to him and offered him a place on the bench. That's when he told Black to do one and I don't blame him. Okore was on the bench before that happened. Black is a twat

I'm not sure what you're on about. You say "No." yet that was EXACTLY what he did. Whatever reasons he had for his decision is utterly irrelevant. There are lines you do not cross in a team sport, in the army or in any organized business structure.

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:08 pm

Okore was named on the bench against Bournemouth
Okore refused to sit on the bench
Black gave him 48hrs to consider what he had done
Okore reiterated his position on the Monday & added that he wouldn't play for Villa again this season.
He should never be picked again!
VillaBill
VillaBill

Team for the Championship?? - Page 7 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:55 pm

I'm with Dan. He asked for a go and given the performances and off-field behaviour of Lescott then why wasn't he given a bash? Ok, the manager makes the decisions, not the player, but to be dumped in the U21's as a punishment for asking the question is just petty and unprofessional.

Gabby has gotten away with punching people, players in the past have still been selected after chucking coaches over tables and getting in all kinds of trouble at nightclubs. Yet Okore gets dumped for asking for a go that, in my opinion, he should have got.

Then, when we get a couple of injuries, Black realised he's in a bit of shit and approaches Okore to join the squad.

I'd have handed him a bag of sugar and said no more. Very Happy

No, a player does not come before the club and for that, Okore is wrong. But the manager also has a responsibility to look after the club and the value of its assets and in that regard, Black has been utterly negligent.

That's the way I read this situation anyway. I could be wrong.
Trotters
Trotters

Team for the Championship?? - Page 7 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:56 pm

That really isn't the point. I bet for most working people there has been situations where they feel their bosses are wrong about projects, and they are right. I'm sure they've also felt they could have administrated situations better at times. YET THEY STILL TURN UP FOR WORK - WHEN AND WHERE they are told. Okore is a fucking knob. Sooner he leaves the better.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Sun May 01, 2016 9:13 am

Joppe84 wrote:That really isn't the point. I bet for most working people there has been situations where they feel their bosses are wrong about projects, and they are right. I'm sure they've also felt they could have administrated situations better at times. YET THEY STILL TURN UP FOR WORK - WHEN AND WHERE they are told. Okore is a fucking knob. Sooner he leaves the better.

Yep, you're correct in saying working people have to work for nobs. I used to, I knew my way was better than the old duffer who was living in an era long gone. Rather than put up with it, though, I chose to leave when I was offered the "my way or the highway" option. You see, men have to be managed, and the good managers find a way of getting the best out of individuals. A manager has to be seen to be being fair and consistent, neither of which Black has managed in his short spell to date.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 01, 2016 9:54 am

Dazzle wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:That really isn't the point. I bet for most working people there has been situations where they feel their bosses are wrong about projects, and they are right. I'm sure they've also felt they could have administrated situations better at times. YET THEY STILL TURN UP FOR WORK - WHEN AND WHERE they are told. Okore is a fucking knob. Sooner he leaves the better.

Yep, you're correct in saying working people have to work for nobs. I used to, I knew my way was better than the old duffer who was living in an era long gone. Rather than put up with it, though, I chose to leave when I was offered the "my way or the highway" option. You see, men have to be managed, and the good managers find a way of getting the best out of individuals. A manager has to be seen to be being fair and consistent, neither of which Black has managed in his short spell to date.

Oh I fully agree. I think Black is effing useless. However, he's the manager in charge of AVFC atm. and refusing to cooperate is essentially desertion. Get rid of Black and Okore.

What will stop Okore to behave like a child under a new manager. Okore plays shit like he's done a thousand times for us and he get benched and the next day he refuses to participate with the first team? You simply can't keep a player that spits his dummy out like this. Get rid. Flog the fucker.

And it's not like Okore is a world class CB. I'm willing to bet Toner or a few of the lads from the academy can do just as well.

I really wanted Okore to stay and play us up, but he has crossed a line in my book. Whether other people disagree is fine. I will still boo him any time I get. Absolute wanker.

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun May 01, 2016 10:28 am

To be fair to Okore he has since come out on social denying that he refused to play and accused Black of not telling the truth.

I would tend to believe Okore over the cockwomble Black.
DelboyVilla

Team for the Championship?? - Page 7 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Con Sun May 01, 2016 10:32 am

Gary Gardner has just scored a trademark free kick at Wolves when they were 0-1 down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TO8YPoCd5O8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYWlVxshs2Q

Usual free kick taker Henri Lansbury let him take it which suggests he does it all the time in training and Lansbury has a lot of respect for his ability.

This followed his goal away to Hull - clearly he is now over his injuries and in form again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jldhy7Twx10
Con
Con

Team for the Championship?? - Page 7 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Sun May 01, 2016 10:36 am

With the season coming to a finale, I think we can be encouraged by how some of the players are looking like they are putting in the required effort, and that they will be important for us in the Championship. I think Clark, Westwood, Ayew, Gestede, Gana, Toner etc offer us encouragement for life in the championship. They will be top performers in that league, make no mistake.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Con Sun May 01, 2016 10:38 am

Joppe84 wrote:There's one thing a player never must do and that's putting himself above the needs of the club.

Okore has come out like a right twat from this. I always liked him and I thought Okore/Clark looked very good together as long as Clark played on the right side of the defence. However there's no coming back from this. You simply can't do what Okore has done. Fuck him right off. Sell him at once.

I'm with Okore.

He's been treated appallingly by a bad manager and has done the right thing to preserve his self-respect - and the self-respect of true Villa fans who would rather him in the team than Lescott or Richards!

We are relegated and need to keep Okore for the next manager.

If we sell Okore he will be brilliant elsewhere.
Con
Con

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sun May 01, 2016 10:56 am

To be honest none of this should have been aired in public, it should have been dealt with behind closed doors.
That is Black's fault and shows just how crap a manager he is!

Under a new manager the slate is wiped clean and I hope that Okore has a future at Villa Park as he is a decent CH with potential.
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 01, 2016 11:29 am

Con wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:There's one thing a player never must do and that's putting himself above the needs of the club.

On what grounds? He has never looked immense quality for us. He was a young CB with potential and a lot of hype because he was a wonder kid on some football game, but the only period of time he looked anything close to a Premier League player was playing half a season next to Clark. The rest of the time he's been bang mediocre and injured.

I won't miss him for a second. Just sell this shithead and move on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun May 01, 2016 12:40 pm

Con wrote:Gary Gardner has just scored a trademark free kick at Wolves when they were 0-1 down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TO8YPoCd5O8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYWlVxshs2Q

Usual free kick taker Henri Lansbury let him take it which suggests he does it all the time in training and Lansbury has a lot of respect for his ability.

This followed his goal away to Hull - clearly he is now over his injuries and in form again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jldhy7Twx10

He can certainly hit a free kick but I'm not so sure he's at the level to get us back into the premier league.

Forest, from what I've been reading on their forums are a bit shit at the moment. "In a malaise". Players don't seem to care because the manager is shit (I'm sure I've heard that somewhere before) and even at that level, Gardner isn't standing out.

It could be that the manager isn't using him right - he's stuck as a defensive midfielder rather than a box-to-box player - but from what I saw of him in our first team (granted it was a looong time ago) he's nothing special.
Trotters
Trotters

Team for the Championship?? - Page 7 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 01, 2016 4:56 pm

He has had years to cement his place in the first team during 5 years of relegation battles. He has never looked better than the shite we've had which includes Sanchez, Westwood ++ and for some reason people think he'll be ace for us next season. He doesn't even impress forest fans atm.

MAYBE he can be used as a rotation squad option if we're lucky. Stop pretending he'll be amazing when it's obvious he won't.

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sun May 01, 2016 5:04 pm

At the moment Villa fans are desperate for any glimmer of light!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Con Sun May 01, 2016 10:28 pm

Trotters wrote:

He can certainly hit a free kick but I'm not so sure he's at the level to get us back into the premier league.

Forest, from what I've been reading on their forums are a bit shit at the moment. "In a malaise". Players don't seem to care because the manager is shit  (I'm sure I've heard that somewhere before) and even at that level,  Gardner isn't standing out.

It could be that the manager isn't using him right - he's stuck as a defensive midfielder rather than a box-to-box player - but from what I saw of him in our first team  (granted it was a looong time ago) he's nothing special.

He's constantly been battling injuries. It's hard to get some form going unless you have been playing regular first team football for about half-a-year. That never happened at Villa. It's happened at Forest and now he's in form and we're just beginning to see what he can do. He can do more than this.

Con
Con

Back to top Go down

Post by Con Sun May 01, 2016 10:35 pm

Joppe84 wrote:
Con wrote:

On what grounds? He has never looked immense quality for us. He was a young CB with potential and a lot of hype because he was a wonder kid on some football game, but the only period of time he looked anything close to a Premier League player was playing half a season next to Clark. The rest of the time he's been bang mediocre and injured.

I won't miss him for a second. Just sell this shithead and move on.

you're talking to the guy who got BANNED from Villa Talk because he refused to renounce his opinion that Barry Bannan was a good player for us who should never had been sold.

at that time everyone loved Delph - what happened to him??

not only did Bannan help us in that crucial run of form that saved us from relegation the last year he was here, now he's playing regular first team football under a manager that values him he has earned a spot in the PFA Championship Team of The Season.

http://www.swfc.co.uk/news/article/bannan-in-pfa-championship-team-of-the-year-3074329.aspx

Hah!

So when I say Okore is good it means... it means that he could be in the PFA Championship Team of the Year next year. Very Happy

Very Happy Very Happy
Con
Con

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 02, 2016 5:55 am

Gonna give you a like, that train of thought impressed me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon May 02, 2016 8:27 am

Barry Bannan was shit at Villa.
Shit at Palace.
And Wednesday only gave him a 1 year contract because he was a gamble. It's paid off for him and them because sometimes there is a good player inside bit they need to move away from what they know to realise their potential.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Mon May 02, 2016 10:20 am

Bannan always set himself incredibly low standards which unfortunately he failed to live up to.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next