The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Gordon Cowans searched for biscuits.

+7
smetro
EbeneezerGoode
DaveAV1
Boldfinger
Villa_Dan
Thinman
Trotters
11 posters

Go down

Gordon Cowans searched for biscuits.  Empty Gordon Cowans searched for biscuits.

Post by Trotters Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:21 pm

It's all falling to shit, isn't it?

Gordon Cowans searched for biscuits.  Image
Trotters
Trotters

Gordon Cowans searched for biscuits.  5_star13

Back to top Go down

Gordon Cowans searched for biscuits.  Empty Re: Gordon Cowans searched for biscuits.

Post by Trotters Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:17 am

There are a few things in her story that sound like a media beat up (eg, players have to wait behind for an huor after the game: wouldn't it take that long to get off the pitch, interviews, team talk, showers, changed, etc anyway??) but it still makes for stunning reading.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-crisis-bodyguards-protect-10917858

Aston Villa in crisis: Bodyguards protect club bosses, players told to avoid angry fans and chocolate digestives axed to save cash

As the Aston Villa crisis deepens, senior management figures have hired bodyguards, and players have been banned from leaving the ground until at least an hour after the final whistle to avoid clashes with fans, a club whistleblower claims.

Elaine Rose, a matchday hospitality hostess at Villa Park for six years and a supporter for 40 years, resigned on Tuesday. She had most recently been working as a part-time customer service host in the Trinity Road Stand’s directors’ balcony.

The grandmother-of-two says:

Gordon Cowans searched for biscuits.  Aston-Villas-Micah-Richards-tries-to-calm-down-fans-at-Wycombe-Wanderers
Aston Villa's Micah Richards tries to calm down fans at Wycombe Wanderers

* Six minders have been brought in since angry clashes with the fans after the FA Cup tie at Wycombe Wanderers on January 9;
* Players have to remain behind at the ground for at least an hour after the end of each game to avoid trouble with supporters;
* Fans paying up to £400 for hospitality packages no longer get chocolate digestives at half-time because of cutbacks;
* Some stewards are now teenagers and so failed to recognise England coach Roy Hodgson, and
* A member of security didn’t recognise Villa’s European Cup winning legend and development coach Sid Cowans – and made him empty his pockets in a security search

“It’s like working in Beirut now, to be honest,” she told the Birmingham Mail.

“Tom Fox, the Chief Executive, has two bodyguards. The others who now have a bodyguard include Paddy Riley (director of recruitment), Charlie Wijeratna (chief commercial officer), Hendrik Almstadt (sporting director) and Nicola Keye (head of sales).

“Players now have to stay behind for an hour after matches in case they get attacked.

“Meanwhile, so many good employees have been forced to leave and have been replaced by agency staff who often don’t know anything about football.

“One steward didn’t know who Roy Hodgson was. Another security guard made (development coach) Sid Cowans empty his pockets in a security search before the Norwich game on February 6.”

Gordon Cowans searched for biscuits.  Gordon-Cowans
Elaine Rose says European Cup winner Sid Cowans had to 'empty his pockets' in Villa security search

Leaving the club she has supported through thick and thin was a difficult decision, says Elaine.

“It’s not something I have decided overnight. Everyone is complaining, but nobody has been doing anything about it.

“If it wasn’t so sad, it would be funny. We all had to re-apply for our jobs. One woman had to leave after 40 years’ service because she was told she ‘couldn’t do her job’.

“We had a great bunch of people, now it’s two-thirds agency staff, many of them teenagers.

“I thought if I do leave this place I am not leaving quietly. I decided last weekend, after we had lost 0-6 to Liverpool, that enough was enough.

Elaine Rose

“During the Manchester City FA Cup tie a lot of staff were told to go home at half-time.

“Because I was wearing a Villa uniform I was given abuse in the car park by fellow supporters.

“I am hurting just as much as they are so that wasn’t fair.”

Born in Tile Cross, but now a franchised driving instructor in Rugeley, Elaine has called on fans to follow the Liverpool example – and vote with their feet.

“All the people at the top want is the money, but if the fans didn’t turn up for a game or two, or walked out at half-time, they would start panicking,” she said.

All of Elaine’s allegations were put to Aston Villa FC by the Birmingham Mail but the club declined to comment.

Who turned Villa into a laughing stock?

Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Gordon Cowans searched for biscuits.  Empty Re: Gordon Cowans searched for biscuits.

Post by Trotters Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:19 am

Gordon Cowans searched for biscuits.  Cbaz44oW4AAMS9l
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:46 pm

We could probably do with a few more Elaine Roses speaking out. At the moment the club will just ignore her but if more joined in they'd have to respond.
Thinman
Thinman

Gordon Cowans searched for biscuits.  2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:09 am

Well the Birmingham Mail have a 2-part article on her where she has an opinion (what looks to me like a bit of a prompted opinion!) on absolutely everything at the club.

The Mail have turned this from something of interest to "oh fuck off lady, you've had your 15 minutes now".
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:33 pm

Trotters wrote:

The Mail have turned this from something of interest to "oh fuck off lady, you've had your 15 minutes now".

They've taken a match day receptionist and painted her as an expert on all the goings on at the Villa. It was interesting, no its just tedious as fuck
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Gordon Cowans searched for biscuits.  4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:52 pm

We all know we are treated like shite when we are down the villa, still ordered around like cattle by power crazy stewards and treated like like absolute trash by an owner and his board.
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:56 pm

Is anyone aware of the, "Out the door on 74", campaign being organised on VT? As the title suggests it's calling for a walkout on the 74th minute during the Everton and Chelsea games. It seems to be gathering some momentum.

I know there is little love lost between VT and us here on TBAR, but Villa is worth more than any blog site. I'm not a member of VT and I'm not sure how successful the the protest will be. However this is committed Villa fans trying something and so I personally can't knock it. They're doing stuff on Twitter I believe, plus Facebook and perhaps even a dedicated website.

I just thought as many people as possible should be made aware.
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:01 pm

I would be willing to be part of any protest.
Let's hope that more people do find out and join in.
I hope the plan is to leave the ground on 74 mins then stand outside singing learner out etc.
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by EbeneezerGoode Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:31 pm

DaveAV1 wrote:Is anyone aware of the, "Out the door on 74", campaign being organised on VT? As the title suggests it's calling for a walkout on the 74th minute during the Everton and Chelsea games. It seems to be gathering some momentum.

I know there is little love lost between VT and us here on TBAR, but Villa is worth more than any blog site. I'm not a member of VT and I'm not sure how successful the the protest will be. However this is committed Villa fans trying something and so I personally can't knock it. They're doing stuff on Twitter I believe, plus Facebook and perhaps even a dedicated website.

Every Villa fan should be getting behind thus protest. Good to see that VT as the largest Villa forum is behind it. Whats H&Vs stance on it??
EbeneezerGoode
EbeneezerGoode

Gordon Cowans searched for biscuits.  0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:12 am

On Facebook it doesn't seem popular at all with many fans refusing to leave and others saying that i we're losing it won't look like a protest and if we're actually NOT losing, who's going to walk out?
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:40 am

Trotters wrote:On Facebook it doesn't seem popular at all with many fans refusing to leave and others saying that i we're losing it won't look like a protest and if we're actually NOT losing, who's going to walk out?

Thing is we have TO support it (IMO)

Every protest will have its flaws - suggestions for a protest are easy - getting them off the ground - and implemented is the hard bit - this one seems to have gained momentum - so Yes I will be doing this at the Everton game.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:30 am

I'd sooner have everyone remain in the stands after 90mins for 20 minutes of constant abuse towards the board. Fox has shown recently that he cannot take the abuse but walking out would suit him just fine
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:45 am

Dan I think that's a great idea. However that doesn't mean the "out the door on 74" can't also be supported. Obviously not at the same game!
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:52 am

EbeneezerGoode wrote:
DaveAV1 wrote:Is anyone aware of the, "Out the door on 74", campaign being organised on VT? As the title suggests it's calling for a walkout on the 74th minute during the Everton and Chelsea games. It seems to be gathering some momentum.

Every Villa fan should be getting behind thus protest. Good to see that VT as the largest Villa forum is behind it. Whats H&Vs stance on it??

I don't see this type protest having any impact at all, it looks like a copycat of the Liverpool fans walking out on 77mins. The bosses would be fine with this type protest, where people have paid their money and quietly walk out before the end of the game! And as has been mentioned, what if villa happen to be winning a game or it is the balance? Do you get up and walk out when the team might return some points? For me it's either don't go to the game to start with, or support the team for the entirety of the match and protest afterwards at the board.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:56 am

Knowing this club we'll be winning 2-0 everyone walks out, the players lose their focus Liverpool style and we lose 2-3 in both games Laughing
The Utterer
The Utterer

Gordon Cowans searched for biscuits.  3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:23 pm

I think dissecting the finer points of a protest plays into the boards hands. (All the ideas are good IMO.) - But we shouldn't do nothing - thats why Im supporting the 74 minute walk out.

There is no logical reason why any protest should work - Hollis\Fox\Lerner can just sit and watch the demise - and say or do nothing - protests or not.

I do think keeping the protests or highlighting the clubs demise   via media helps us though - and to me thats the key. I don't think one protest is significantly better than another - but any protest is better than nothing.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:36 pm

Paying an entrance fee to the group you're protesting against only seems logical to football fans. If I was a fan of Chevrolet cars, but disagreed with the direction the company was headed in, producing poor quality garbage that costs more than their competitors vehicles, I'd take my business elsewhere. I wouldn't buy a car, then organize a road trip with thousands of other disgruntled Chevy owners and then all agree to stop 80% of the way through the trip and walk the remainder to protest the direction the company was headed in. The company already got out money for the cars, and we'll keep buying the pieces of shit out of blind loyalty to the brand. Why should they change anything at all?

KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:47 pm

An invisible protest such as a boycott doesn't garner any media attention. Just "not paying them" will not affect anything quickly, when you have a product which is televised to millions, then you have to do something which is in view of the wider community. Which means paying to be in the ground and in front of the cameras. 

That, and they already have my money!
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:47 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:An invisible protest such as a boycott doesn't garner any media attention. Just "not paying them" will not affect anything quickly, when you have a product which is televised to millions, then you have to do something which is in view of the wider community. Which means paying to be in the ground and in front of the cameras. 

Media attention? What makes you think Lerner cares about media coverage? He endured a bigger media shitstorm in Cleveland than he'll ever get in the UK for destroying Villa. The man doesn't care about anything other than mitigating his losses at this point. Media covering idiotic fan walkouts doesn't do anything to his pocketbook or his ego, while he is hiding away in the Hamptons.

The ONLY way for him to leave is if all Villa supporters stopped attending games at Villa Park. Crowds of less than 10k would cause him to sell the club to anyone who makes a bid, because the value of the club will continue dropping to the point where the club isn't worth what he pays in expenses to maintain it.
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:24 pm

KMitch wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:An invisible protest such as a boycott doesn't garner any media attention. Just "not paying them" will not affect anything quickly, when you have a product which is televised to millions, then you have to do something which is in view of the wider community. Which means paying to be in the ground and in front of the cameras. 

Media attention? What makes you think Lerner cares about media coverage?  He endured a bigger media shitstorm in Cleveland than he'll ever get in the UK for destroying Villa. The man doesn't care about anything other than mitigating his losses at this point. Media covering idiotic fan walkouts doesn't do anything to his pocketbook or his ego, while he is hiding away in the Hamptons.

The ONLY way for him to leave is if all Villa supporters stopped attending games at Villa Park. Crowds of less than 10k would cause him to sell the club to anyone who makes a bid, because the value of the club will continue dropping to the point where the club isn't worth what he pays in expenses to maintain it.

At the end of the day Lerner owns Aston Villa - and he can do what he likes with it.
However I do feel supporters have some influence. It can't be that hopeless ......can it ?
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:38 pm

If they didn't care Fox wouldn't be banning supporters. I want the entire ground abuse the cnut.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:17 pm

Just to add to the original topic - I've just been told by my mother (who lives near him) that she bumped into the wife of the matchday announcer for villa park. He's part time (only works match days obviously) and because of this they've revoked his access to Villa Park. When he arrives for work he has to phone someone up and wait for them to open the doors.

Not a massive deal but he feels a bit put out. Like they don't trust him to have a pass and he has to ask permission to come in the building.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:43 pm

And so everyone stands outside Villa Park and sings anti Lerner/board songs. Imagine the news if there were 20,000 inside the ground and 10,000-15,000 outside, that'd mean a lot less money going into Lerners pockets and the people outside would make massive media news.........almost to the point that nobody would care what was happening inside the ground.
There are ways to achieve worthwhile protest.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:16 pm

KMitch wrote:Paying an entrance fee to the group you're protesting against only seems logical to football fans. If I was a fan of Chevrolet cars, but disagreed with the direction the company was headed in, producing poor quality garbage that costs more than their competitors vehicles, I'd take my business elsewhere. I wouldn't buy a car, then organize a road trip with thousands of other disgruntled Chevy owners and then all agree to stop 80% of the way through the trip and walk the remainder to protest the direction the company was headed in. The company already got out money for the cars, and we'll keep buying the pieces of shit out of blind loyalty to the brand. Why should they change anything at all?

Absolutely this....100% spot on!

I fear this 'protest' will bring even more embarrassment on the club!

Social media has a lot to answer for!! Very Happy
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down