The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

“I will now find 11 players who are ready to fight.” - Remi Garde

+18
avfc85
Con
achilles
KMitch
Synopsis
villajk
andrew24561
NARLA24
Villa_Dan
smetro
Dazzle
The Utterer
Dions_Bald_Head
Thinman
Trotters
FoxyAV
ember
ViewFromT2
22 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

“I will now find 11 players who are ready to fight.” - Remi Garde - Page 2 Empty Re: “I will now find 11 players who are ready to fight.” - Remi Garde

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:25 pm

Ah - just read that it was behind those mysterious closed doors. Interesting that he mixed the teams up a bit.

If he IS planning on leaving at the end of the season, no-one can accuse Remi of having given up exploring options for a win.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

“I will now find 11 players who are ready to fight.” - Remi Garde - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

“I will now find 11 players who are ready to fight.” - Remi Garde - Page 2 Empty Re: “I will now find 11 players who are ready to fight.” - Remi Garde

Post by KMitch Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:10 am

This is the top story on Reddit's soccer page. All the fans in the world are laughing at Villa even more than they already were. Lots of sympathy for Garde and us fans, though.
KMitch
KMitch

“I will now find 11 players who are ready to fight.” - Remi Garde - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:27 am

Lots of people apparently being apologists for the first team saying it was mixed. But from what I've read, the first XI had 9 players who would consider themselves first team players and the U21 had Bacuna and Ayew (who scored 2).

Now you can argue that if the U21 had Bacuna, the other ten must have had a really good game but fact is that isn't a close scoreline.

The attitudes of the senior players clearly suck arse.

Question is, what are the rules about playing some of those U21 players (squad of 25 already announced) and will Remi actually take a chance on them?
Trotters
Trotters

“I will now find 11 players who are ready to fight.” - Remi Garde - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by ember Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:31 am

Trotters wrote:Now you can argue that if the U21 had Bacuna, the other ten must have had a really good game
Maybe he stuck Bacuna in goal, safe in the knowledge that a) He couldn't do any damage there and b) The so-called actual 1st team strikers wouldn't be calling on him to do anything. Even he can take goal kicks without fucking up.
ember
ember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:04 am

smetro wrote:Wrong managerial appointments are more to blame for our current position than finances IMO.

Just no.

I'm not saying our managers haven't been disappointing, cause we all know they haven't delivered, but we could have Guardiola, Ferguson and whoever. It wouldn't make a difference.

At this level of sport money matters. If you budget for the championship, that's what you get. If you spend money to improve. You will improve.

We sold three core players this summer (and released one), while we bought cheaper (wage wise) and unproven. And the replacement for arguably the best striker we've had since Yorke, was a donkey from the championship.

What manager we have means dick compared to what kinda money we are willing to burn.

"good work ain't cheap, cheap work ain't good".

Last edited by Joppe84 on Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:13 am

Joppe84 wrote:
smetro wrote:Wrong managerial appointments are more to blame for our current position than finances IMO.

Just no.

I'm not saying our managers have been disappointing, cause we all know they have delivered, but we could have Guardiola, Ferguson and whoever. It wouldn't make a difference.

At this level of sport money matters. If you budget for the championship, that's what you get. If you spend money to improve. You will improve.

We sold three core players this summer (and released one), while we bought cheaper (wage wise) and unproven. And the replacement for arguably the best striker we've had since Yorke, was a donkey from the championship.

What manager we have means dick compared to what kinda money we are willing to burn.

How do you feel about Leicester?
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

“I will now find 11 players who are ready to fight.” - Remi Garde - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:12 pm

Trotters wrote:Lots of people apparently being apologists for the first team saying it was mixed. But from what I've read, the first XI had 9 players who would consider themselves first team players and the U21 had Bacuna and Ayew (who scored 2).

Now you can argue that if the U21 had Bacuna, the other ten must have had a really good game but fact is that isn't a close scoreline.

The attitudes of the senior players clearly suck arse.

Question is, what are the rules about playing some of those U21 players (squad of 25 already announced) and will Remi actually take a chance on them?

Pretty sure that U21 players are exempt from the premier league squad of 25, meaning you can use your u21s as and when you want. Can't believe Jordan Lyden would of been in Sherwood's 25 for instance, yet he has featured recently.
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by ember Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:36 pm

Joppe84 wrote:

Just no.

I'm not saying our managers have been disappointing, cause we all know they have delivered, but we could have Guardiola, Ferguson and whoever. It wouldn't make a difference.

I think how true the reference to managerial appointments is depends upon the breadth and hierarchical level of how it is applied. McCleish was a terrible appointment but so was Faulkner. It seems reasonable to state with certainty that Sherwood was a terrible appointment for a long term contract - he was fine for keeping us up - but who made that appointment? Who are the wankers in the management structure who determined the sales recruitment policy?
ember
ember

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:27 pm

FoxyAV wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:

Just no.

How do you feel about Leicester?

I would have agreed until this season and Leicester have proved that you don't need money to succeed, just shows how utterly crap our player recruitment policy is!
achilles
achilles

“I will now find 11 players who are ready to fight.” - Remi Garde - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:56 pm

Southampton haven't exactly spunked millions either. Over the last 3 seasons their combined net spend is circa £2.5m!
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

“I will now find 11 players who are ready to fight.” - Remi Garde - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:05 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:Southampton haven't exactly spunked millions either. Over the last 3 seasons their combined net spend is circa £2.5m!

Yes, but they have sold a lot of very expensive players and reinvested the money well, with a couple of good managers at the helm. They have a very good, functional academy.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:12 pm

FoxyAV wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:Southampton haven't exactly spunked millions either. Over the last 3 seasons their combined net spend is circa £2.5m!

Yes, but they have sold a lot of very expensive players and reinvested the money well, with a couple of good managers at the helm. They have a very good, functional academy.

Which proves you don't need to spend millions as long as you have intelligent leadership and scouting. Which we do not.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:27 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:
FoxyAV wrote:

Which proves you don't need to spend millions as long as you have intelligent leadership and scouting. Which we do not.

So, so true, it is so blatantly obvious to see! 🤦
achilles
achilles

“I will now find 11 players who are ready to fight.” - Remi Garde - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Con Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:48 pm

Garde played Bacuna for the U21s because he knew the first team would lose and did not want to destroy Bacuna's confidence any more than his recent performances have already. Bacuna is a confidence player who does have a lot of ability when he has confidence.
Con
Con

“I will now find 11 players who are ready to fight.” - Remi Garde - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villajk Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:47 pm

Bacuna is poor with no ability
villajk

“I will now find 11 players who are ready to fight.” - Remi Garde - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:09 pm

Yet again Garde goes with the same players that fail week in week out, it would take a miracle for us to stay up now so why don't we give some players with heart, passion and looking to build a future and not play the same mercenaries who have got us into this mess.
avfc85
avfc85

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:12 pm

Bring in the likes of Kinsella, Bateman, Mason, Calder, Sellars

avfc85
avfc85

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:11 pm

That is a major problem for me, Remi slates them off for not showing the right attitude and commitment in training and then plays the same players!

Stop bleating and do something about it!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:01 pm

achilles wrote:That is a major problem for me, Remi slates them off for not showing the right attitude and commitment in training and then plays the same players!

What I seriously don't understand, and I like RG, is how we are relegated and the world knows it. Yet we don't have the bollocks to bleed in the players that will be important for us next season. The academy players should be getting a taste now. We have NOTHING to lose. If we lose 3-4-5 -0 against a few teams, so be it. At least they will know what's expected at the top level. It's sink or swim time.

Back to top Go down

Post by villajk Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:30 pm

I did not see 1player fight for villa ,Play the young Remi or WALK
villajk

Back to top Go down

Post by Con Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:23 pm

You can't put developing kids on the field, who are still being paid youth wages, and tell them it's their job to save a club from the financial ruin of a season in the Championship.

To criticize a manager for refusing to ruin the lives of these kids by not throwing them out there to suffer is to not appreciate how good that manager is.
Con
Con

Back to top Go down

Post by villajk Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:17 am

You play your best players if those shower are our best (sad) but if your good enough your old enough ,MAN CITY played there young although they lost they looked good, I don't think any harm was done to those players, We are down so I don't see any pressure on the young players ,get them used to playing at villa park ,who knows we might find we have a striker like that Man U kid ??
villajk

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:27 am

Joppe84 wrote:
achilles wrote:That is a major problem for me, Remi slates them off for not showing the right attitude and commitment in training and then plays the same players!

What I seriously don't understand, and I like RG, is how we are relegated and the world knows it. Yet we don't have the bollocks to bleed in the players that will be important for us next season. The academy players should be getting a taste now. We have NOTHING to lose. If we lose 3-4-5 -0 against a few teams, so be it. At least they will know what's expected at the top level. It's sink or swim time.

If we keep loosing games 2-1 Remi has more chance of keeping his job, than if he fields a load of kids and we get walloped 4 or 5 -0

Most likely though - that talent just isn't there at youth level.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:16 am

Finding 11 players to fight eh? Not happening so far as far as i can see.
NARLA24
NARLA24

“I will now find 11 players who are ready to fight.” - Remi Garde - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:59 am

I'm afraid that Garde went right down on my estimation when I saw the team sheet on Saturday.

How could he justify playing Bacuna after his recent woeful performances? I know he scored but he dud precious little else.

Just empty words from Garde I'm afraid.
Thinman
Thinman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next