The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

paul lambert

+13
Villa_Dan
Dions_Bald_Head
DelboyVilla
ViewFromT2
Trotters
The Utterer
smetro
jeffvilla
féliré
4BetLite
achilles
FoxyAV
Jae1411
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

paul lambert - Page 2 Empty Re: paul lambert

Post by Dazzle Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:30 pm

Joppe84 wrote:I don't get the rage towards Lambert. I thought he was quite likeable. He really tried to get things working here. Not his fault Lerner has been budgeting like a league one side since 2011

I think it's because after season 1 he sounded like a company man, trotting out the same sound bites....."we go again", "the chairman has been great with me" etc etc. And i also think that him coming out now and saying he wasn't backed makes him look like he stayed for the money rather than be principled and walk out citing no backing and nothing he can do given the restraints imposed from above. Had he have walked after season 2 and stated the reasons he would be up in the clouds in most Villa fans estimations, I'm sure of that. But all this now makes him look a bit of weasel, frankly. He waited for the pay off, end of.
Dazzle
Dazzle

paul lambert - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:27 pm

Dazzle wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:I don't get the rage towards Lambert. I thought he was quite likeable. He really tried to get things working here. Not his fault Lerner has been budgeting like a league one side since 2011

I think it's because after season 1 he sounded like a company man, trotting out the same sound bites....."we go again", "the chairman has been great with me" etc etc. And i also think that him coming out now and saying he wasn't backed makes him look like he stayed for the money rather than be principled and walk out citing no backing and nothing he can do given the restraints imposed from above. Had he have walked after season 2 and stated the reasons he would be up in the clouds in most Villa fans estimations, I'm sure of that. But all this now makes him look a bit of weasel, frankly. He waited for the pay off, end of.

Have to agree, no good bleating about what went on while he was here, man up and do something about it AT THE TIME!
achilles
achilles

paul lambert - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ember Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:12 pm

As I said, bullshitting fucker who was ultimately as mercenary as some of the players who get reviled for sticking around for the money. He did the same.
Let's not forget, he was taking us down and still didn't resign, either through honour at being inadequate for the task or through principle at not being given the tools to do the job.

Here's another reason to dislike him. If he'd done a better job at being useless, we would have gone down last season under infinitely less humiliating circumstances. Laughing

If it weren't for him we could be looking forward to promotion back to the PL, with a record points haul and contemplating how to spend all that TV money. Wanker, Lambert. Bash
ember
ember

paul lambert - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by tonyp Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:48 pm

He is starting to sound like the jilted ex. you only ever see him in the papers talking about Villa.

Someone needs to say to him "Mate get over it, its gone, move on"

he needs a new hobby instead of sat pondering about how it could of been !!
tonyp
tonyp

paul lambert - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum