The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

FA CUP 3rd Round: Wycombe v Villa

+25
Synopsis
gdav
EbeneezerGoode
Villa_Dan
jeffvilla
The Utterer
Wookster
achilles
Army villain
UnclePanda
mefromhere
Dions_Bald_Head
Thinman
FoxyAV
KMitch
Sky
VTID85
thegaffer6
Cha Ching
4BetLite
Jae1411
andrew24561
Leafs1201
avfc forever
Trotters
29 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Is there a Sleeping-Giant killing on the cards?

FA CUP 3rd Round: Wycombe v Villa - Page 4 I_vote_lcap10%FA CUP 3rd Round: Wycombe v Villa - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 2 ]
FA CUP 3rd Round: Wycombe v Villa - Page 4 I_vote_lcap30%FA CUP 3rd Round: Wycombe v Villa - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 30% 
[ 6 ]
FA CUP 3rd Round: Wycombe v Villa - Page 4 I_vote_lcap10%FA CUP 3rd Round: Wycombe v Villa - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 2 ]
FA CUP 3rd Round: Wycombe v Villa - Page 4 I_vote_lcap25%FA CUP 3rd Round: Wycombe v Villa - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 5 ]
FA CUP 3rd Round: Wycombe v Villa - Page 4 I_vote_lcap25%FA CUP 3rd Round: Wycombe v Villa - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 20

FA CUP 3rd Round: Wycombe v Villa - Page 4 Empty Re: FA CUP 3rd Round: Wycombe v Villa

Post by smetro Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:22 am

gdav wrote:
gdav wrote:No but the lack of effort & all round bad attitude shown by most of them deserves all the flack they got.

Although I don't think Garde should be getting as much stick as he is. I think at a well run club he'd be a decent manager.

Dunno,

If Garde was anything approaching decent and had any sort of handle on the dressing room - I don't think Lescott and Guzan would be playing spit the chewing gum just a few feet behind his back during a match. It wouldn't happen if we had a manager of the calibre of Ron Saunders or Graham Taylor.

smetro
smetro

FA CUP 3rd Round: Wycombe v Villa - Page 4 4_star10

Back to top Go down

FA CUP 3rd Round: Wycombe v Villa - Page 4 Empty Re: FA CUP 3rd Round: Wycombe v Villa

Post by KMitch Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:53 pm

ASTON VILLA TEAM NEWS

Team to play Wycombe: Guzan, Richards, Lyden, Clark, Richardson, Westwood, Sanchez, Grealish, Sinclair, Ayew, Gestede.

Subs: Bunn, Gana, Lescott, Veretout, Gil, Kozak, Cissokho

Looks like some rotation and a start for Jordan Lyden! Get in there, son! I think Garde has been impressed with the lad in training lately. Good to see.
KMitch
KMitch

FA CUP 3rd Round: Wycombe v Villa - Page 4 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:04 pm

Is that a 4-4-2 with Grealish and Sinclair on the wings?
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:20 pm

FoxyAV wrote:Is that a 4-4-2 with Grealish and Sinclair on the wings?

I think Ayew will play on the left and Sinclair up top with Gestede. It's going to be interesting to see how we line up. Will Richards play right back or will Lydan?
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:24 pm

I thought Gestede and Kozak played well together against Leicester, I'd like to see some more of that. I don't think Gestede or Kozak work well with our current players as lone strikers, Gueye and Veretout don't get close enough behind them.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:57 pm

Will Sinclair still be with us for the full game or will he have to go to Sawnsea at some point?
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Cha Ching Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:09 pm

Sounds like we're doing well on the break Rolling Eyes
Cha Ching
Cha Ching

FA CUP 3rd Round: Wycombe v Villa - Page 4 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Jae1411 Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:38 pm

Seeing as I couldn't find a stream I'm having to listen to the radio. So far I get the impression that guzans been shit, the midfields been shit and gestedes been shut. Not sounding very promising
Jae1411

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:41 pm

The worst of it all are the fans.

Worst home crowd ever. No support for the players no encouragement just boo's
Sky
Sky

Back to top Go down

Post by Cha Ching Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:41 pm

Saunders giving Ayew a lot of stick.
Cha Ching
Cha Ching

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:42 pm

Wycombe fans have been singing all match. They sound like the home team.

Getting behind their team
Sky
Sky

Back to top Go down

Post by Jae1411 Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:53 pm

To be fair bit harsh on the fans, it's a cup replay on a Tuesday night against lower league opposition. Never gonna be a full house is it.
Jae1411

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:00 pm

Jae1411 wrote:To be fair bit harsh on the fans, it's a cup replay on a Tuesday night against lower league opposition. Never gonna be a full house is it.

Multi million city. It should be a sellout. This is why it's hard to consider us as a big club

Back to top Go down

Post by Cha Ching Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:16 pm

Joppe84 wrote:
Jae1411 wrote:To be fair bit harsh on the fans, it's a cup replay on a Tuesday night against lower league opposition. Never gonna be a full house is it.

Multi million city. It should be a sellout. This is why it's hard to consider us as a big club

We wouldn't sell out at the moment even if we had an army of naked cheerleaders doing cartwheels around the pitch at half time.
Cha Ching
Cha Ching

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:26 pm

"The breakthrough! Wycombe clear a corner out but only to Ashley Westwood, he delivers it back into the box and Ciaran Clark thumps home a header. He didn't have to jump. Like Robert Huth the other day."

Well played, BBC.

FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Cha Ching Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:35 pm

It's a rout
Cha Ching
Cha Ching

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:37 pm

We need goals from Gueye and Veretout, good to hear Gueye has his first, even though it's a League 2 side in a cup match. It gets his eye in though.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:23 pm

The attendance was 20k.

The fans that attended only sung on the 70th minute. 

There was a guy sitting behind me who didn't even know who Sanchez was. This is what has become of us
Sky
Sky

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:29 pm

The 11 out there today was mostly made up of players who played the first half of the league season.

They are simply not good enough.

I think the 7 on the bench would have beaten the 11 on the pitch tonight.

70 minutes until Sinclair took somebody on. 70 minutes. He's supposed to be a winger! It's no wonder Rudy mopes around all game because he gets absolutely zero support or service. Feel sorry for him
mefromhere
mefromhere

Back to top Go down

Post by thegaffer6 Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:41 pm

Sky wrote:The attendance was 20k.

The fans that attended only sung on the 70th minute. 

There was a guy sitting behind me who didn't even know who Sanchez was. This is what has become of us

I went with my brother tonight and we noticed the attitude of the crowd. This is the problem we always have, teams know they can come to our place and stink it out for the first 30 minutes, kill the game and the home crowd will do the rest of work through a lack of atmosphere (or, like at times tonight, outright booing.) the performance tonight wasn't very good, not by any stretch but we've navigated what could potentially have been a tricky tie - think back to Sheffield United in 2014 - and got ourselves on a little bit of a run. Things are better than they were!!
thegaffer6
thegaffer6

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:08 am

I didn't go last night because I went to Wycombe and couldn't justify spending more money in January. You can't judge a clubs size by how many turn up for games like this - United make their FA cup games mandatory OT you lose your ST seat for the next home match, look at City - thousands of empty seats the other night and they are winning things!
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Synopsis Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:26 am

20k attendance with 5k being away fans, sign of the future or just because people couldn't stand the thought of paying to see a potential banana skin in the cup midweek?
Synopsis
Synopsis

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:14 am

I went to the game last night and I could not believe just how poor we were. Sanchez kept giving the ball away, and missing passes, Grealish just strolled around the park, lost the ball and waited until someone got it back to him.
With the two subs the game changed. Ghana held the midfield line that previously  was letting balls into our area. Once Gil came on the game changed. Grealish did not seemed interested. ?
The back four were ok Jordan Lynden did really well at right back, Richards and Clark were Fairley solid, we will not talk of Richardson just too painful. It was light years away from the Leicester game.
I did have one highlight some bloke was taking loads of selfies right in front of me blocking mine and my sons view. He was politely ask to get the feck out of the way. That was the only highlight of the first half for me. FA CUP 3rd Round: Wycombe v Villa - Page 4 226846862 VTID UTV Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:17 pm

Clark should be partnered with Okore and nobody else.

Sanchez should be put on a raft with Richardson and pushed into the North Sea.

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:58 pm

mefromhere wrote:The 11 out there today was mostly made up of players who played the first half of the league season.

They are simply not good enough.

I think the 7 on the bench would have beaten the 11 on the pitch tonight.

70 minutes until Sinclair took somebody on. 70 minutes. He's supposed to be a winger! It's no wonder Rudy mopes around all game because he gets absolutely zero support or service. Feel sorry for him

I agree on Sinclair, but it is totally pointless trying to involve Gestede in any build up play, he is an horrific footballer. It's a bit like trying to get through a doorway when somebody has left a big box in the way...possible, but so much more difficult than it should be.
Of all the money we have wasted on players in the last 5 years...he has to be close to the worst!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next