The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

So what is plan B then ?

+5
EbeneezerGoode
De Kuip
Army villain
Trotters
NARLA24
9 posters

Go down

So what is plan B then ? Empty So what is plan B then ?

Post by NARLA24 Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:21 pm

So, here we go again. Club in turmoil, players acting like knobs refusing to train to the system the manager wants, an owner who does not give a shite and a CEO who, after what seemed to be a good start has vanished into some dark room at VP and has no balls.
So where do we go from here then ? I am starting to get fed up of our club being run like a bloody circus along with most if not all Villa fans. How can our once great club be treated like a premiership Fawlty Towers ? I despair at the moment and to be truthfull i cannot see where or when this is going to get better.
I thought the owner of Leeds was a total crackpot but fuck me Lerner must surely be close to taking his crown.
Who on earth is mad enough to make a huge investment in Villa then actively run it into the ground. I just do not get it at all.
So, what is plan B ?
Is there any plan at all ?
NARLA24
NARLA24

So what is plan B then ? 5_star12

Back to top Go down

So what is plan B then ? Empty Re: So what is plan B then ?

Post by Guest Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:41 pm

I don't know, but if Gabby has stirred up shit again I'd be inclined to let him go.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:43 am

Is love to see his contract. Or any premier league player's contract for that matter. The wording must be so lopsided.

Anyway, as for a Plan B....I guess that was scheduled to kick in when the next teamster window opens but no one at Villa - and let's be fair, most of the fans were probably of the same thinking after the single most exciting transfer window ever - would have considered that we'd be knee deep in shit so early.

We will see Lerner's true colours come mid season and if he has the brains to invest in order to protect his income.

Best case: Sherwood goes, a good manager comes in and is given a substantial amount of money to spend.

Case 2: Sherwood goes, an average manager comes in with a little bit to spend.

Case 3: New manager but he has to make do with what we've got.

Case 4: Sherwood is given money.

Worst case: Sherwood is given no money.

I think (or should I say I hope behind hope) that it'll be case 2 but I think we all need to prepare for it being the worst case and watch while we trade leagues with Blues.
Trotters
Trotters

So what is plan B then ? 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Army villain Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:04 pm

Best case: New manager in, Lerner gives him money to keep us up, and we manage to get to mid table.
Worst case: Sherwood told to manage with what he has.and good luck from Lerner. And the Blues get promoted, and we go down.
Army villain
Army villain

So what is plan B then ? 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:07 pm

Personally I think it'll be case 3......
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by EbeneezerGoode Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:03 pm

De Kuip wrote:Personally I think it'll be case 3......

I'm not sure that would be so bad. We have some good players and being without Tactics Tim will do a lot of good.
EbeneezerGoode
EbeneezerGoode

So what is plan B then ? 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:20 pm

EbeneezerGoode wrote:I'm not sure that would be so bad. We have some good players and being without Tactics Tim will do a lot of good

Yeah - agreed - probably should have added that to my post!
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:21 pm

I suspect that case 3 or 4 will result in relegation
Thinman
Thinman

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:06 am

Case 3 probably will now. A few weeks back it might have been different.

Owner and CEO have failed to realise that replacing Sherwood before it got too late could, perhaps, have saved them from having to dip into the transfer market. Now though, any manager willing to talk to them has all the negotiating chips on his side...they'll insist on some money to spend and Lerner/Fox will have to agree to it.

Further failings to see even a couple of months into the future.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:37 am

Trotters wrote:Is love to see his contract. Or any premier league player's contract for that matter. The wording must be so lopsided.

Anyway, as for a Plan B....I guess that was scheduled to kick in when the next teamster window opens but no one at Villa - and let's be fair, most of the fans were probably of the same thinking after the single most exciting transfer window ever - would have considered that we'd be knee deep in shit so early.

We will see Lerner's true colours come mid season and if he has the brains to invest in order to protect his income.

Best case: Sherwood goes, a good manager comes in and is given a substantial amount of money to spend.

Case 2: Sherwood goes, an average manager comes in with a little bit to spend.

Case 3: New manager but he has to make do with what we've got.

Case 4: Sherwood is given money.

Worst case: Sherwood is given no money.

I think (or should I say I hope behind hope) that it'll be case 2 but I think we all need to prepare for it being the worst case and watch while we trade leagues with Blues.

Any scenario that doesn't include significant player recruitment in January will likely see Aston Villa FC relegated. I fear for us this time, i think luck will run out for Randolph in 2016. This decline under Lerner is reaching its climax, our once proud and historic club on it's knees merely awaiting the final blow that finishes it off. Randolph will likely trouser any spare money in the club to recoup his "investment" and disappear into the distance. We as a club will be left trying to recover from the lower leagues, and I'm almost beginning to think that's a more attractive prospect than the last few years of humiliation under Lerner. Lerner deserves a big financial smack in the face on his way out, he has truly proven that his daddy was the brains and success behind the Lerner name and he is nothing but a silver spooned child doing everything to piss the family legacy away.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:45 am

The absurd bit is that we had a very decent team to build from that he simply dismantled and stripped because our economy was shit. While I understand the need of having a club that doesn't spend above its limitations so to speak, it's another story entirely to go overboard and relegate the club.

A possible relegation will bite Lerner so hard in the ass he won't be able to sleep.

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:30 pm

At the moment we have Leeds, Forest etc written all over us. This is not looking good.
Lad came into the bar last night and said "Do you think you will stay up ?" My response "Fuck knows fella." I really had nothing else to say.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:37 pm

Despite manning like an old lady last season, I always had the feeling deep down that we'd survive. By the skin of our teeth maybe, underservedly definitely, but we'd survive.

This season though, just a few games in, I'm resigned to us going down. And we'll finish bottom too.

I think it'll take a masterstroke from Fox and a mother load of luck - the former I'm not sure exists and the latter we've used up - for us to survive this clusterfuck.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Rawlie Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:48 am

Randolph the dick nosed billionaire has been playing Russian Roulette with our Premier League status for the past 5 years. There's only 6 shots in those revolvers... what the fuck did he think was gonna happen when he got to six?    

So what is plan B then ? 1715320296
Rawlie
Rawlie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:40 am

No problem rawlie. Randy got a .357 8 barrel. We still got a couple of gambles left.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:55 am

Lerner will look at the parachute payments and compare Villa's income to that of teams in the championship and figure, of the worst happens, we'll come straight back up.

That thinking is completely in line with most of his thoughts thus far.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:02 am

I think the parachute payments was drastically reducsed last year.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wriggle Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:49 am

It's dawned on me today exactly what Randy's plan is...

He'll keep hold of the club until they are relegated and then sell to the highest bidder, even if it is only for a reasonably small figure.

Think about it a minute, last season we received 68m for finishing 17th in the Prem, plus whatever our Cup run was worth. where did that money go? our transfer dealings were pretty much done from our sales, wages would be mainly covered my merchandise, ticket sales and sponsorship, so we can estimate Lerner pocket roughly 75m.

This season the TV rights have gone up and he can expect to pocket 100m plus.

This has been going on for 4 or 5 seasons now so why would he be interested in selling for a one off fee of 150m when he can keep getting golden eggs and then sell for 50m+ when the inevitable happens?

As a business man with no long term loyalty to the club, it makes total business sense as he is making some good money on his original investment, but unfortunately for us Villa fans the future is gloomy until the day he sells, and by then i think we will be playing championship football.
Wriggle
Wriggle

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:01 am

Aussievillan wrote:It's dawned on me today exactly what Randy's plan is...

He'll keep hold of the club until they are relegated and then sell to the highest bidder, even if it is only for a reasonably small figure.

Think about it a minute, last season we received 68m for finishing 17th in the Prem, plus whatever our Cup run was worth. where did that money go? our transfer dealings were pretty much done from our sales, wages would be mainly covered my merchandise, ticket sales and sponsorship, so we can estimate Lerner pocket roughly 75m.

This season the TV rights have gone up and he can expect to pocket 100m plus.

This has been going on for 4 or 5 seasons now so why would he be interested in selling for a one off fee of 150m when he can keep getting golden eggs and then sell for 50m+ when the inevitable happens?

As a business man with no long term loyalty to the club, it makes total business sense as he is making some good money on his original investment, but unfortunately for us Villa fans the future is gloomy until the day he sells, and by then i think we will be playing championship football.
Spot on that mate.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:27 am

AV wrote:Think about it a minute, last season we received 68m for finishing 17th in the Prem, plus whatever our Cup run was worth. where did that money go? our transfer dealings were pretty much done from our sales, wages would be mainly covered my merchandise, ticket sales and sponsorship, so we can estimate Lerner pocket roughly 75m.

I'm all for bashing Lerner because he's a twat, but say what..

Our wage bill was roughly 60% of our turnover last year. It was to be exact 9th highest in the league with £69m. If are selling merchandise, tickets and sponsors for £ 69 million then I'm Tom Hanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wriggle Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:17 am

According to the guardian our turnover was 117m last year, so if wages was 69m, there's still 48m to account for. So maybe I was a bit high in the estimations but that's still a big amount of money to account for, which will be going up massively this season.
Wriggle
Wriggle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down