The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Plan A or Plan B?

+13
Fpuppys
lukevilla
gdav
TED
jvilla
deadbuzzardalive
Trotters
DelboyVilla
VTID85
UnclePanda
NARLA24
GadgetMan
villabromsgrove
17 posters

Go down

Plan A or Plan B .... which is it?

Plan A or Plan B? I_vote_lcap67%Plan A or Plan B? I_vote_rcap 67% 
[ 26 ]
Plan A or Plan B? I_vote_lcap33%Plan A or Plan B? I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 13 ]

Total Votes : 39

Plan A or Plan B? Empty Plan A or Plan B?

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:30 pm

Just a bit of fun until the rumoured Wednesday meeting happens.

Plan A .... Have we been, or are we just about to be sold?

Plan B .... Has Tom Fox finally persuaded Randy that he can make more money from stepping back totally while still retaining ownership, and allowing TF to make a profit for the Lerner Trust over the next four seasons?
villabromsgrove

Plan A or Plan B? 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Plan A or Plan B? Empty Re: Plan A or Plan B?

Post by GadgetMan Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:32 pm

Sold Sold SOLD Scarf Waving
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:43 pm

All done and dusted in my view
NARLA24
NARLA24

Plan A or Plan B? 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:44 pm

Sold.
Hopefully!
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Plan A or Plan B? 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:47 pm

I'm really hoping sold and recent developments (transfers, exclusivity etc.) seem a little out of the ordinary for just a "we go again" situation.

Last summer was bad enough with all the speculation, I didn't dream we'd have another summer of it too so hopefully good news arrives pronto!
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:03 pm

I think there are more signs of a takeover than anything else, but I have no idea.

It's however weird to sign a new assistant manager if you are about to be taken over - unless it's been given a green light of the buyers.
It's also strange if you officially go out about an exclusivity period without the business being more or less done.
Our lack of signings is also indicative if you ask me. I wouldn't be surprised if we sign a few players for hard cash next week and the takeover is already complete.

Though I think it's weird how nobody has leaked anything about this takeover, and that more than anything makes me unsure of it all.

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:10 pm

I think we are sold because the recouping of the investment by Lerner is a secondary item in his mind IMO as he wants rid and doesn't want the hassle of ownership. IMO however far he tries to step back he can never totally be detached from the club unless he sells up. I mean he is absent now but is still going on in interviews about how he has no time to commit.
DelboyVilla

Plan A or Plan B? 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:20 pm

You could put forward a decent argument that Randy is letting Fox run things they way they should be run; an appropriate manager, proper sponsors, offloading deadwood and getting in some high standard footballers.

But that ignores the fact that Randy has said NO to those Chinese investors that have flounced off to buy West Brom. We know for a fact that his heart isn't in it - he said so himself and I don't believe Tom Fox when he said Lerner is re-energised...that was just sales talk. So the only reason for Lerner to say NO to one set of potential buyers was to say Yes to another.

Sale is not only on but done and waiting to be announced to the staff and the public.
Trotters
Trotters

Plan A or Plan B? 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:24 pm

I think we'll be sold, but I don't think that's what the meeting on Wednesday is about.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:56 pm

It's seems strange that we've finally got a proper coaching and management team, we're finally targeting the right kind of middle market player to help us remain in the Premier League, we're finally tackling the excessive number of non footballing staff with redundancies at a time when the club is in the process of being sold.

Suitable sponsorships for a club in our position have been found, and players that are surplus to requirements are finally being sold or let go, and we finally look like a properly run club.

It makes a lot more sense for Randy to retain ownership but totally step away from Villa and pass all the decision making over to Tom Fox, than it does to sell the club right now. The football writer Henry Winter said recently that it made no sense for Lerner to sell Villa for the next few years as there was a good profit to be made, and I wonder whether Fox has finally convinced RL that he (TF) can make money for the Lerner Trust on an annual basis while he (RL) gets on with the things in life that really interest him?

If it wasn't for the fact that Randy appears to have stressed so much over still being the owner of his AVFC nightmare, I would say that all the club's actions of the past few weeks point to a change of heart, and ownership remaining the same.

I expect to be proved wrong as I normally am, and I would be delighted if a quality new owner is announced soon .... but I just wonder?
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:01 pm

Sold to the owner of Nike. Fox to have been in on it all along.
jvilla
jvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by TED Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:09 pm

If Lerner stays the club will be relegated.
I'm astonished how people can think by Lerner appointing another chairman while he still controls the purse things we will improve?
I'm also have difficulties with those that still have any defence of Lerner. Comments like Lerner will do best for the club Lerner has the clubs in tests at heart are ridiculous and have no evidential support.
May I remind those who are unable to work out Lerners legacy that for 5 years we have struggled year on year we have declined on and off the field.
Lerners has refused to spend refused to attend games refused to communicate with supporters.
Lerners legacy in my opinion is not one of a love for our club it's one of a buisness man who failed I a financial venture and for the last 5 years has attempted to recoup he's loses.
As for the Yes men Lerner employs how anyone can think we are better with them is astonishing.
I'm confused whenever Fox speaks. How many times have there been contradictions?
If Lerner is anywhere near our team next season I will boycott Villa park and merchandise.
More importantly the team will struggle once more and this time maybe relegated.
Let's be honest we were one of the worse three teams last year and should have gone down.
Express now printing an exclusive CB to sign for Liverpool next week.
TED

Plan A or Plan B? 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:21 pm

I've gone B because I'm a pessimistic f##k & I don't want to tempt fate by being positive Plan A or Plan B? 3590831400
gdav
gdav

Back to top Go down

Post by lukevilla Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:33 pm

im going with not having a clue! Dont know either way hope we are sold if its to the right people! Hope we can keep fox whatever though!
lukevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:19 pm

Gone with Plan A, Players told Monday, Media circus on Tuesday told were sold, Randy jet's in on Wednesday to thank the staff for there support and hand over the key's. I'll get my coat
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by gaffer85 Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:54 pm

Fpuppys wrote:Gone with Plan A, Players told Monday, Media circus on Tuesday told were sold, Randy jet's in on Wednesday to thank the staff for there support and hand over the key's. I'll get my coat

You've sold me it makes sense
gaffer85
gaffer85

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:27 pm

gaffer85 wrote:
Fpuppys wrote:Gone with Plan A, Players told Monday, Media circus on Tuesday told were sold, Randy jet's in on Wednesday to thank the staff for there support and hand over the key's. I'll get my coat

You've sold me it makes sense

Ha..Ha, if it happens like this I will regret not having a lucky dip last night on the lottery.
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:34 pm

So I've pondered this all afternoon. Suppose RL does say to TF "you run it, as Chairman, we'll get another CEO" etc! How will it actually remove any of the burden from Lerner? Whilst he is owner the buck will ultimately stop with him, I mean, who pays for everything? Who signs the cheques? Who decides what to spend? Anyway you look at it, that scenario sees RL involved, probably as much as he is in reality now ie just when final approval is needed.

I can't get it to make sense in my head. The only way he reverts to plan B for me is if he screws up the sale at the 23 hr, otherwise, he's off into the sunset Over the head
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dansvilla75 Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:12 pm

GadgetMan wrote:So I've pondered this all afternoon. Suppose RL does say to TF "you run it, as Chairman, we'll get another CEO" etc! How will it actually remove any of the burden from Lerner? Whilst he is owner the buck will ultimately stop with him, I mean, who pays for everything? Who signs the cheques? Who decides what to spend? Anyway you look at it, that scenario sees RL involved, probably as much as he is in reality now ie just when final approval is needed.

I can't get it to make sense in my head. The only way he reverts to plan B for me is if he screws up the sale at the 23 hr, otherwise, he's off into the sunset Over the head

The only way this could work is if the clubs run within its means. Basically this would eventually lead to the championship, Everton seem to manage it well but they have had a lot of luck along the way and invested what they have made straight back in the team I guess, two quality managers along the way as with the baggies. Im not confident Fox would be that great at getting the right managers. Tim might be then again he might not its a big gamble.
Dansvilla75
Dansvilla75

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:53 am

Great Idea for a poll !

I really hope Im wrong - but its plan B for me. If Randy was up against Jeremy peace to get a deal done then I know who my money would be on.

I don't think we will get the new chairman any time soon (if at all) - That would signal that the takeover isn't happening - It will be the wall of silence and rumour for a while longer. I don't quite now how Randy could spin no sale, especially as a much smaller club down the road may have new owners in the bag !

smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:55 am

GadgetMan wrote:So I've pondered this all afternoon. Suppose RL does say to TF "you run it, as Chairman, we'll get another CEO" etc! How will it actually remove any of the burden from Lerner? Whilst he is owner the buck will ultimately stop with him, I mean, who pays for everything? Who signs the cheques? Who decides what to spend? Anyway you look at it, that scenario sees RL involved, probably as much as he is in reality now ie just when final approval is needed.

Its PR - new chairman or promoting TF doesn't change anything.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookster Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:00 pm

Well its wednesday evening and, unless Im not looking in the right place, theres been no anouncement from the meeting
Wookster
Wookster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down