The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Should Sherwood be Axed before the Swansea Game ?

+9
EbeneezerGoode
Trotters
The Utterer
Terry Derry
Villa_Dan
Thinman
Synopsis
bruka
smetro
13 posters

Go down

Should Sherwood be Axed before the Swansea Game

Should Sherwood be Axed before the Swansea Game ? I_vote_lcap65%Should Sherwood be Axed before the Swansea Game ? I_vote_rcap 65% 
[ 17 ]
Should Sherwood be Axed before the Swansea Game ? I_vote_lcap35%Should Sherwood be Axed before the Swansea Game ? I_vote_rcap 35% 
[ 9 ]

Total Votes : 26

Poll closed

Should Sherwood be Axed before the Swansea Game ? Empty Should Sherwood be Axed before the Swansea Game ?

Post by smetro Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:32 pm

Its quite clear now there is a massive split in the Aston Villa hierarchy. The Manager is claiming that players were brought against wishes - and many negative columns about the club are appearing in the press. This would be serious even if the club were sitting comfortably in the league. But we haven't won a league game since August, and sit bottom but one of the premier league.

The open warfare played out via the media is not good for the club - the club needs this to end as soon as possible. Should Tim Sherwood be dispensed with Immediately - so the healing and recruitment can start urgently ? - Or does he deserve one last chance against Swansea ?
smetro
smetro

Should Sherwood be Axed before the Swansea Game ? 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Should Sherwood be Axed before the Swansea Game ? Empty Re: Should Sherwood be Axed before the Swansea Game ?

Post by bruka Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:57 pm

Sherwood has to go now, it would be nice to be able to give him another couple of games to see if he can turn it around but unfortunately time is a luxury we don't have. The result against Swansea is almost irrelevant when you put it in the contet of who the next three games are against. I think almost everyone on this forum agrees that at the moment this is looking like the season we go down. Unfortunately this is the season where we really cannot afford to go down, with all the money being pumped into the PL over the summer even if we get relegeated and come straight back up we're going to be competing with very different teams around us and i can see the yo-yo effect that West Brom suffered from for a few seasons happening.
Also i think that there is a huge split in the club at the moment and while i don't think that Sherwood is responsible for it he could well be the scapegoat that is needed to calm things. Whatever your opinion i think most of us can agree that something needs to happen fast.
bruka

Should Sherwood be Axed before the Swansea Game ? 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Should Sherwood be Axed before the Swansea Game ? Empty Re: Should Sherwood be Axed before the Swansea Game ?

Post by Synopsis Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:41 pm

If we go down we won't be yo-yoing, we would be lucky to finish in a play off position in our first season in the championship.
Synopsis
Synopsis

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:20 pm

Obviously go now. If he remains we will lose to Swansea but if he goes we stand a chance of at least getting a point even with a caretaker manager.
Thinman
Thinman

Should Sherwood be Axed before the Swansea Game ? 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:33 pm

No. 

Not because I've faith in him to turn it around, but because that's how long I personally gave him
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Should Sherwood be Axed before the Swansea Game ? 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:36 pm

Not unless we have a manager ready to step in.

If we sack Sherwood and don't have a replacement, the blame will be put on the players and I don't think they need that. We have so many confidence players it's unreal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:28 pm

Any truth that Gabby is starting to causE trouble at BMH agAin?
Terry Derry
Terry Derry

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:24 am

I actually don't think it''ll make a jot of difference if Sherwood goes or not for the next 4 or 5 games as i don't think the confidence is there or we have the quality of players to get anything other than lucky points from them.

Hope i'm wrong of course but i fear we need a top manager to be able to build a team good enough to beat the drop this season from this lot and frankly no top manager is gonna come anywhere near Randy towers..why on Earth would they?!

The Utterer
The Utterer

Should Sherwood be Axed before the Swansea Game ? 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:39 am

A few weeks ago, I'd have said to give him x number of games. That probably would have included this next one against Swansea.

However, in light of his derogatory comments about the players, it's clear they won't want to play for him so there's no point in him being here. The players would be better off managing themselves!

Trotters
Trotters

Should Sherwood be Axed before the Swansea Game ? 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:57 am

I really wanted it to work out for Sherwood. Not only because I genuinely like him, but because just getting a young manager to stabilize us and build his own team, his own project for several years - it would be very interesting to follow.

While it wasn't set a very big bar for Sherwood, he has failed miserably. He was given £ 50 million to spend, and all though the net spend is that of a championship club he had enough money to build his own team.  Considering we already had Clark,   Grealish, Gil and Richards was free, he could have spent £ 8 million on the seven first team players missing. I bet that's a scenario most managers would have jumped on.

The big reason why I want him sacked is because I haven't seen anything this season to indicate the players or Sherwood himself knows what they are trying to achieve. There is no clear tactics. No clear philosophy.

In my mind I thought we would play a free 433 with a lot of movement, that you see in good modern teams. Instead Sherwood has bought in the right players for this and turned us into a team that hoofs ball at a championship striker. Baffling.

If we end up performing well and winning against Swansea I'm all for giving him more time, however whatever that's going on at BMH needs to improve. Right now it doesn't seem like we have a manager or an assistant manager. In all honesty I'd sack Wilkins before Sherwood, but that's me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:03 am

Great post. Not sure on your final paragraph though...hear me out.

My first thought was to agree with you that a handsome win would maybe sway me to give him more time but then, ten minutes after the final whistle, you just know how he'll thinking of ways to change everything for the next game and drop the players that did well.

As for Wilkins, we just don't know if his work is being undermined by fuckwittery from Sherwood or if Wilkins is just shit. I don't know if he left Chelsea under a cloud or if they'd take him back in a heartbeat but I'd suggest that if he wasn't performing, then Sherwood should be doing the right thing by the club (let alone his own career) and cutting ties with him. That this hasn't happened, says to me the problems lie with the manager, not the coaches.

Otherwise, spot-on post in my opinion.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:47 pm

Terry Derry wrote:Any truth that Gabby is starting to causE trouble at BMH agAin?

CONFIRMED.
Terry Derry
Terry Derry

Back to top Go down

Post by EbeneezerGoode Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:01 pm

Joppe84 wrote:While it wasn't set a very big bar for Sherwood,  he has failed miserably. He was given £ 50 million to spend, and all though the net spend is that of a championship club he had enough money to build his own team.  Considering we already had Clark,   Grealish, Gil and Richards was free, he could have spent £ 8 million on the seven first team players missing. I bet that's a scenario most managers would have jumped on.

But if you believe the press the players we signed weren't his choices.

I'd have sacked him after the Stoke game.
EbeneezerGoode
EbeneezerGoode

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:13 pm

EbeneezerGoode wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:While it wasn't set a very big bar for Sherwood,  he has failed miserably. He was given £ 50 million to spend, and all though the net spend is that of a championship club he had enough money to build his own team.  Considering we already had Clark,   Grealish, Gil and Richards was free, he could have spent £ 8 million on the seven first team players missing. I bet that's a scenario most managers would have jumped on.

But if you believe the press the players we signed weren't his choices.

I'd have sacked him after the Stoke game.

The same press claimed two players were Sherwood's doing. This was Gestede and Ayew. While I like Ayew I personally think Gestede was a ridiculous signing.

I don't think the signings were pushed upon him, but even if it was I don't think it's a good excuse for seven losses in nine matches.

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:22 pm

Derek McInnes of Aberdeen and Mark Warburton of Rangers are being linked. To be fair that's a huge overstatement, as I read it on HITC. However does anyone have any extremely hypothetical thoughts on either of these gentlemen?
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:26 pm

DaveAV1 wrote:Derek McInnes of Aberdeen and Mark Warburton of Rangers are being linked. To be fair that's a huge overstatement, as I read it on HITC. However does anyone have any extremely hypothetical thoughts on either of these gentlemen?
Warburton will stay at Rangers and get them promoted no doubt and as for Mcinnes i dont know much about him.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Should Sherwood be Axed before the Swansea Game ? 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by EbeneezerGoode Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:29 pm

Wasn't McInnes at Bristol City unsuccessfully?
EbeneezerGoode
EbeneezerGoode

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:55 pm

He kept them up but they got rid anyway. Warburton seems an interesting character. Ex City trader. He seems an intelligent man with a strategy. A complete change from our current leader.

I tend to agree though, neither of them have been in their jobs long and are both doing well, so why come to the Randy Lerner nuthouse?
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by Synopsis Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:54 pm

Mr Aston villa causing bother surely not, how he gets contract renewals is beyond me, woeful
Synopsis
Synopsis

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:17 pm

As has been mentioned previously, we need a Saunders type manager to sort out this mess. Starting with Mr Aston Villa who needs to shape up or ship out. Unfortunately these type of managers don't grow on trees and the ability of our recruitment department is as wanting as our club captain's leadership qualities. Not to mention his footballing ones!
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:45 am

Terry Derry wrote:
Terry Derry wrote:Any truth that Gabby is starting to causE trouble at BMH agAin?

CONFIRMED.

Did you just quote yourself???
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:48 pm

Yes. Axe him before we fall into a hole we can't dig ourselves out of.
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by EbeneezerGoode Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:58 pm

Is this going to be one of those situations where we fanny about weeks and weeks before giving a poor manager a well deserved bullet?

That happened with Lambert will it happen again with this mug?
EbeneezerGoode
EbeneezerGoode

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:22 pm

EbeneezerGoode wrote:Is this going to be one of those situations where we fanny about weeks and weeks before giving a poor manager a well deserved bullet?

That happened with Lambert will it happen again with this mug?

Agreed he needs to be given the kick after the weekend latest for me. win or loose but i don't think he will be.

We need someone in to implement their own style and get the players playing ASAP!!!! A few more weeks/ Xmas will be too late!.
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down