The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Aston Villa v West Brom Saturday 20th September 2015

+17
Con
KMitch
FoxyAV
avfcjay
UnclePanda
EbeneezerGoode
avfc85
VillaBill
Terry Derry
mefromhere
Thinman
avfc forever
Villa_Dan
DomAVFC
ember
Trotters
NARLA24
21 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Home win , away win or draw ?

Aston Villa v West Brom Saturday 20th September 2015 - Page 2 I_vote_lcap61%Aston Villa v West Brom Saturday 20th September 2015 - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 61% 
[ 11 ]
Aston Villa v West Brom Saturday 20th September 2015 - Page 2 I_vote_lcap22%Aston Villa v West Brom Saturday 20th September 2015 - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 22% 
[ 4 ]
Aston Villa v West Brom Saturday 20th September 2015 - Page 2 I_vote_lcap17%Aston Villa v West Brom Saturday 20th September 2015 - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 18

Poll closed

Aston Villa v West Brom Saturday 20th September 2015 - Page 2 Empty Re: Aston Villa v West Brom Saturday 20th September 2015

Post by FoxyAV Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:02 pm

Sinclair and Gabby static in the middle in front of goal waiting for balls in while Gil etc pass around until the ball gets to Amavi or Hutton to cross in for us to be out-headed.

Yet again I'm wondering what position Westwood, a central defensive midfielder, is playing with Sanchez sitting in front of the defence. I agree about Vertout, I'd rather see him on instead.

Where's Kozak?

Gabby's looking fine on left of middle but Grealish and Amavi are already covering. Going by the crosses coming in, Gestede would have been better in the middle.

We're really missing Gueye in defensive midfield.

Guzan's been fine, he couldn't do anything about the goal.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Aston Villa v West Brom Saturday 20th September 2015 - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa v West Brom Saturday 20th September 2015 - Page 2 Empty Re: Aston Villa v West Brom Saturday 20th September 2015

Post by Guest Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:15 pm

We are so shit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:22 pm

Gabby has to be the best striker in the world at moving away from the goal

Back to top Go down

Post by avfcjay Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:24 pm

This is painful.

One thing though, if that was given as a handball and Berahino was in the area...why wasn't it a penalty??? Genuine question.
avfcjay

Aston Villa v West Brom Saturday 20th September 2015 - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by avfcjay Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:29 pm

Good refereeing here....
avfcjay

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:33 pm

I've had it. Sherwood has to go. Doesn't have a fucking clue.

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:45 pm

Joppe84 wrote:I've had it. Sherwood has to go. Doesn't have a fucking clue.

Same... All the good feeling I had  over the summer transfers has completely disappeared over these past 4 Premier League games.  Sherwood has shown he has no tactical knowledge, whatsoever, and many of his signings are starting to look like poor buys.
KMitch
KMitch

Aston Villa v West Brom Saturday 20th September 2015 - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:47 pm

FoxyAV wrote:Sinclair and Gabby static in the middle in front of goal waiting for balls in while Gil etc pass around until the ball gets to Amavi or Hutton to cross in for us to be out-headed.

Yet again I'm wondering what position Westwood, a central defensive midfielder, is playing with Sanchez sitting in front of the defence. I agree about Vertout, I'd rather see him on instead.

Where's Kozak?

Gabby's looking fine on left of middle but Grealish and Amavi are already covering. Going by the crosses coming in, Gestede would have been better in the middle.

We're really missing Gueye in defensive midfield.

Guzan's been fine, he couldn't do anything about the goal.

NOBODY knows their role or what they should be doing.  The entire team looks clueless, not just this match, but it's been like this for weeks.  Something needs to change.
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Con Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:48 pm

what happened here?

Keown BBC wrote:72 mins

More controversy. Villa midfielder Jack Grealish puts in a cross which defender Micah Richards heads home. But the referee calls it back because Grealish had been fouled just after playing the ball.

Ashley Westwood curls the free-kick over.

Where's the advantage?
Con
Con

Back to top Go down

Post by thegaffer6 Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:49 pm

This is Lambert-esque
thegaffer6
thegaffer6

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:51 pm

My biggest issue with Sherwood is the fact that we've needed modern footballers like Veretout for ages now. We've had hoof ball merchants like MON, Mcleish and Lambert for far too long. When we finally get the right type of modern footballers we've got a manager that's tactical playbook consists of hoofing at a single striker against Evans & co. It's been obvious all game long it isn't working. We are fielding Gil and Grealish and we're not playing on the pitch. What kinda tactical moron thinks this is wise.

I give up. Fuck it. Won't spend a penny on this club this season that's for sure.

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:52 pm

Con wrote:what happened here?

More controversy. Villa midfielder Jack Grealish puts in a cross which defender Micah Richards heads home. But the referee calls it back because Grealish had been fouled just after playing the ball.

Where's the advantage?

The ref blew his whistle for the foul before the cross was played, and Albion's keeper didn't challenge for the ball.  Not really controversial to me.
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by avfcjay Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:54 pm

Where's the advantage?

He didn't give one.The ball came to a player (couldn't see who) on the edge of the box - Baggies player comes in too heavy from behind but the balls comes to Grealish who whips in a cross which Richards scores from but the ref had already blown his whistle...too eager to give the foul instead of seeing how it developed like he should do.

Absolutely pathetic display. Yes I agree Sherwood is to blame for this but the players have to accept the blame here too. They were awful. I can't think of one player who did any good today, perhaps Grealish? The rest were just too slow, lazy in possession. Pulis got what he planned for, a stupid goal and then defended for the rest of the game with an occasional counter but we couldn't break them down...couldn't even create a half decent chance!

If Sherwood loses in the cup game then the fans will surely call for his head.
avfcjay

Back to top Go down

Post by Con Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:55 pm

KMitch wrote:

Where's the advantage?

The ref blew his whistle for the foul before the cross was played, and Albion's keeper didn't challenge for the ball.  Not really controversial to me.

thanks. Keown should have mentioned Albion's keeper didn't challenge for the ball. he was trying to create sympathy for Sherwood out of nothing here.
Con
Con

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:55 pm

I thought Gil was our best player by a country mile. Sherwood decided to take him off. Couldn't make it up.

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:56 pm

Joppe84 wrote:My biggest issue with Sherwood is the fact that we've needed modern footballers like Veretout for ages now. We've had hoof ball merchants like MON, Mcleish and Lambert for far too long. When we finally get the right type of modern footballers we've got a manager that's tactical playbook consists of hoofing at a single striker against Evans & co. It's been obvious all game long it isn't working. We are fielding Gil and Grealish and we're not playing on the pitch. What kinda tactical moron thinks this is wise.

I give up. Fuck it. Won't spend a penny on this club this season that's for sure.

Yep...  4-4-2 hasn't worked in the Premier League for 5-6 seasons now.  Wake the fuck up Sherwood.
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:56 pm

I'm dumbfounded. What a dire display of nothingness. We are totally impotent.
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by Cha Ching Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:59 pm

The template to beat Sherwoods villa is there now for every manager. Press high up the pitch and force Guzan to go long.
Also even if we do manage to control possession, we will gift it back if the opposition is organised and don't give away easy fouls.
Lescott is a liability.
Guzan ditto.
Westwood and Sanchez together does not work.
Big Big week coming up.
Cha Ching
Cha Ching

Back to top Go down

Post by ember Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:02 pm

The commentators were talking about how solid they were defensively and in one sense they were. That was because just about any time we were in their third/quarter, we had one person in the box to trouble their five.

I'm shite with all kinds of maths but even I know that equation =0
ember
ember

Back to top Go down

Post by Cha Ching Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:02 pm

Where is Traore? He's been out for a month already.
Cha Ching
Cha Ching

Back to top Go down

Post by ember Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:03 pm

Oh, yes, For fucks sake keep Westwood away from free kicks on goal and tell him to pass not shoot, he's fucking useless at it. In fact, I'm now struggling to see the point of him at all, like others have previously mentioned.

Last edited by ember on Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
ember
ember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:03 pm

KMitch wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:My biggest issue with Sherwood is the fact that we've needed modern footballers like Veretout for ages now. We've had hoof ball merchants like MON, Mcleish and Lambert for far too long. When we finally get the right type of modern footballers we've got a manager that's tactical playbook consists of hoofing at a single striker against Evans & co. It's been obvious all game long it isn't working. We are fielding Gil and Grealish and we're not playing on the pitch. What kinda tactical moron thinks this is wise.

Yep...  4-4-2 hasn't worked in the Premier League for 5-6 seasons now.  Wake the fuck up Sherwood.

Spot on. If we can run 433 with Gueye/Sanchez Westwood Veretout and Gil Grealish in free roles we would look a totally different side. His tactics are beyond retarded. Gestede is probably the worst striker purchase since Balaban as well, but I'll keep my rage to this so called professional manager. i would do better.

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:05 pm

I'm thinking Kozak for MOTM. He's been flawless compared to Ayew and Gabby and is only one goal behind Gestede despite not playing a single minute.

Against Pullis we know he's going to do what Sherwood should have done last week and close down the midfield and defend like crazy if his team goes into the lead. So Why not start Gestede, while the game is more open and Amavi, Hutton, Gil and Grealish have more room to run the pitch and put in crosses.

Again I think Westwood is wasted on the pitch with Sanchez.

Ideally I reckon it looks like this:

Guzan
RB? - Richards - Lescott - Amavi
Westwood - Gueye
Choice of Veretout/Gil/Traore/Grealish/Sinclair
Choice of Kozak/Ayew/Gestede

Subs to include Gabby and Sanchez.

So at the moment we're missing three key players - Gueye in defensive midfield, Traore on the right and a striker. The problem is we have one goal all season from a striker and Sherwood refuses to play the one with movement off the ball and with goals in pre-season.

I think we are hobbled with injuries still and missing any spark and movement from the front line. Plenty from Gil and Grealish but no outlet.

After all the players leaving in the summer, today we started three new players, all in defence. Says a lot to me. Of all those new players in, just Traore and Gueye look like starters.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:09 pm

Incidentally please don't get me wrong, I like Sanchez. I just think Westwood and Gueye worked well together and I think we tire too easily - especially Sanchez - which is where we need Sanchez on for 30 minutes with a huge presence in midfield to break up attacks. If you're playing Sanchez and Westwood there doesn't appear to be anyone else able to come on in defensive midfield (unless Okore, but I'd rather it were Sanchez).
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by thegaffer6 Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:10 pm

Glad I agreed to go out with the Mrs & gave my blues ticket to my brother, couldn't stomach seeing them do us at home!! Aston Villa v West Brom Saturday 20th September 2015 - Page 2 1558371468
thegaffer6
thegaffer6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next