The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AFC Bournemouth v Aston Villa FC. Sat Aug 8th 3:00pm.

+49
Andyh
Saunders82
Keyser Soze
Army villain
Stripey48
Dgrizzle7
Wookster
Dazzle
Sky
Leafs1201
avfc85
GadgetMan
thegaffer6
Villa jimmy
Cha Ching
Fpuppys
mefromhere
avfcjay
brummieboy
B62 Villa
Deano69
VTID85
George
jeffvilla
South London Villan
avfc forever
The Great white walnut
lukevilla
NARLA24
smetro
The Utterer
Dions_Bald_Head
Mazrim
ejs1111
Born Under The Holte End
ViewFromT2
KMitch
bazzah
mickeywya
Villa Ranger
VillaBill
worcesterkev
Stratfordvilla
Thinman
4BetLite
FoxyAV
UnclePanda
Villa_Dan
villabromsgrove
53 posters

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Can we start with three points?

AFC Bournemouth v Aston Villa FC. Sat Aug 8th 3:00pm. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap49%AFC Bournemouth v Aston Villa FC. Sat Aug 8th 3:00pm. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 49% 
[ 30 ]
AFC Bournemouth v Aston Villa FC. Sat Aug 8th 3:00pm. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap31%AFC Bournemouth v Aston Villa FC. Sat Aug 8th 3:00pm. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 31% 
[ 19 ]
AFC Bournemouth v Aston Villa FC. Sat Aug 8th 3:00pm. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap20%AFC Bournemouth v Aston Villa FC. Sat Aug 8th 3:00pm. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 12 ]

Total Votes : 61

AFC Bournemouth v Aston Villa FC. Sat Aug 8th 3:00pm. - Page 2 Empty Re: AFC Bournemouth v Aston Villa FC. Sat Aug 8th 3:00pm.

Post by Born Under The Holte End Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:04 pm

This has come a bit early for the new players so let's hope they click straight away.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a 2-2 draw which would be fine!?
Born Under The Holte End
Born Under The Holte End

AFC Bournemouth v Aston Villa FC. Sat Aug 8th 3:00pm. - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

AFC Bournemouth v Aston Villa FC. Sat Aug 8th 3:00pm. - Page 2 Empty Re: AFC Bournemouth v Aston Villa FC. Sat Aug 8th 3:00pm.

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:32 pm

We have the talent to bury Bournemouth, now we need the luck.
villabromsgrove

AFC Bournemouth v Aston Villa FC. Sat Aug 8th 3:00pm. - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:39 pm

...................Guzan..................

Bacuna Sanderos Baker Cissohko

Tonev Gardner Richardson N'Zog

...................Cole.....................

..................Gabby....................

Honestly can't see us beating Bournemouth, I'd drop some of these and put the new guys in.

UTV
4BetLite
4BetLite

AFC Bournemouth v Aston Villa FC. Sat Aug 8th 3:00pm. - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ejs1111 Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:04 pm

.................Guzan...................
Bacuna...Micah...Clark...Amavi
.............Westwood................
...Gana..................Veretout...
................Ayew...................
.....Gestede..........Sinclair.......

This is my guess based on who is in the team currently. If Gil is healthy- I can see him coming in and pushing Ayew/Sinclair wide with only a target man, in a more common 4231. But we played this alot last season- i'm expecting more of the same- just with better personell. Personally- I think we will frequently see 2 forwards with an AM behind them, and using the FBs for width. I know Bacuna has been poor this preseason- but he was pushed further up to MF allowing others to play RB. I think RB is his spot- given his runs and cross ability- and TS is counting on coaching to improve his defensive ability.

UTV! Scarf Waving
ejs1111
ejs1111

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:58 pm

ejs1111 wrote:.................Guzan...................
Bacuna...Micah...Clark...Amavi
.............Westwood................
...Gana..................Veretout...
................Ayew...................
.....Gestede..........Sinclair.......

This is my guess based on who is in the team currently.  If Gil is healthy- I can see him coming in and pushing Ayew/Sinclair wide with only a target man, in a more common 4231.  But we played this alot last season- i'm expecting more of the same- just with better personell.  Personally- I think we will frequently see 2 forwards with an AM behind them, and using the FBs for width.  I know Bacuna has been poor this preseason- but he was pushed further up to MF allowing others to play RB.  I think RB is his spot- given his runs and cross ability- and TS is counting on coaching to improve his defensive ability.

UTV!  Scarf Waving
I like the look of that team for Saturday. Maybe get Sanchez Kozak and Cole involved in the last third of the match.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:29 pm

If we have some PL rookies, they have a whole squad. We win this narrowly 2 - 1.
Mazrim
Mazrim

AFC Bournemouth v Aston Villa FC. Sat Aug 8th 3:00pm. - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by mickeywya Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:19 pm

...............Guzan
Hutton Richards Clark Amavi
............Westwood
.....Guaye...........Sanchez
.................Gil
.........Sinclair
...................Kozak

I can't see Kozak not starting considering he has played nearly every pre-season game.

Hutton will be RB, Bacuna will be used more as a midfielder.

I can't see him playing all the new Frenchies in the first game, so will pick the two stand out performers from pre-season - Gueye and Amavi.
mickeywya

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:34 pm

Veretout will definitely start I reckon. A lot of Sherwoods thinking towards how we'll play will depend on him. All or most of our set pieces will come from him. And Veretout and Gil will be expected to dictate play in the middle to final third.

I expect, if everybody is fit, that we'll see Guzan in goal. A back 4 of Bacuna, Richards, Clark and Amavi. Westwood or Sanchez screening the back 4, Gueye and Veretout linking the play, Gil and one of Ayew or Sinclair supporting Gestede. That's if we don't sign another couple of players in the meantime.
Mazrim
Mazrim

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:14 pm

Mazrim wrote:Veretout will definitely start I reckon. A lot of Sherwoods thinking towards how we'll play will depend on him. All or most of our set pieces will come from him. And Veretout and Gil will be expected to dictate play in the middle to final third.

I expect, if everybody is fit, that we'll see Guzan in goal. A back 4 of Bacuna, Richards, Clark and Amavi. Westwood or Sanchez screening the back 4, Gueye and Veretout linking the play, Gil and one of Ayew or Sinclair supporting Gestede. That's if we don't sign another couple of players in the meantime.

Win, lose or draw, I'm looking forward to that line-up. AND there are options if it doesn't work.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

AFC Bournemouth v Aston Villa FC. Sat Aug 8th 3:00pm. - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:45 pm

Mazrim wrote:If we have some PL rookies, they have a whole squad. We win this narrowly 2 - 1.

Surely the problem is that they have a squad used to the physique, pace and intensity of the English game. While the championship is a level lover the division has this in spades. Ligue 1? Not so sure.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:26 am

Sadly i think it'll be a loss.

Bournmouths strength is attack and with our defence i think they'll cut us to ribbons repeatedly and our front guys have not even played together yet so 0-4 loss. I just think this game has come at the wrong time.
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:41 am

Difficult this one ! - Often games like this this which has goals written all over it - end up 0-0 !!!!

Im going for a 0-2 defeat, that defence just looks to fragile to me.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:05 am

This is saying something for me but I'd live with a loss because I genuinely think that we're on the road to exciting times.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

AFC Bournemouth v Aston Villa FC. Sat Aug 8th 3:00pm. - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:22 pm

Anyone have or know of any spare tickets for this please? I know it's a very long shot but I have to ask. It's only about 40 minutes from me...
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:29 pm

3-1 Gestede hatrick
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by lukevilla Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:58 pm

NARLA24 wrote:3-1 Gestede hatrick

I hope he dosent do 3 own goals! Wink
lukevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by ejs1111 Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:35 pm

I must admit i'm stunned with the ppl thinking we will lose this match. They are a newly promoted side with largely the same squad as when in the championship.

We are an EPL side with arguably one of our best transfer windows ever. We simply have better players than them... period.
I expect this to be a 3-1 or 4-2 W for Villa. Worst case I see us giving up several cheap goals and we draw with them 2-2 or 3-3.

Either way I see this being a fun attacking match to watch! I cannot wait!
UTV! Scarf Waving
ejs1111
ejs1111

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:38 pm

Joppe84 wrote:
Mazrim wrote:If we have some PL rookies, they have a whole squad. We win this narrowly 2 - 1.

Surely the problem is that they have a squad used to the physique, pace and intensity of the English game. While the championship is a level lover the division has this in spades. Ligue 1? Not so sure.

It's a myth that the English game is all about strength. It's just not the case. Once upon a time it was very important. Now? Not so much. You have as many fanny dancers falling over pretending to be injured as any other league. In any case, we have a few players with plenty of power ourselves. The likes of Gestede, Richards, Gueye, Ayew, Sanchez and Veretout don't look like they'll be pushed around to me.

Intensity, I'll grant you but I'm sure Ligue 1 has its share too. It's certainly not ponderous like Italy. Many French players have adjusted well to our league.

We have more PL experience than they do, and we should have a fair few players who will be making their debuts in the English top flight and just as motivated to do well. Truth be told, I'd rather not face a newly promoted side first up, but there's no reason why we can't give them a beating.
Expecting to be hammered 4-0 I find astonishing I have to say. But each to their own.
Mazrim
Mazrim

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:50 pm

It's going to be exciting and unpredictable. There's no form guide for this one! Scarf Waving
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:05 pm

Mazrim wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:

It's a myth that the English game is all about strength. It's just not the case. Once upon a time it was very important. Now? Not so much. You have as many fanny dancers falling over pretending to be injured as any other league. In any case, we have a few players with plenty of power ourselves. The likes of Gestede, Richards, Gueye, Ayew, Sanchez and Veretout don't look like they'll be pushed around to me.

Intensity, I'll grant you but I'm sure Ligue 1 has its share too. It's certainly not ponderous like Italy. Many French players have adjusted well to our league.

We have more PL experience than they do, and we should have a fair few players who will be making their debuts in the English top flight and just as motivated to do well. Truth be told, I'd rather not face a newly promoted side first up, but there's no reason why we can't give them a beating.
Expecting to be hammered 4-0 I find astonishing I have to say. But each to their own.

Hope i'm wrong of course Mazrim although i did predict 0-5 for the FA cup final.

I do think we'll have a decent season overall actually, i just think we may get caught with our pants down for this one and it could be one of those 1st day freak results for a newly promoted team ....that's all.
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:36 am

Sherwood said we'd be playing eleven a side games in training so that the players could gel. It would be good to have a bird's eye view of his preferred first team and formation. Still, all will be revealed in three days!
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great white walnut Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:44 am

I have a strong feeling that we will struggle early season until the team starts to gel but I'm pretty confident we will be comfortably mid-table by the end of the season. 2-1 Bournemouth
The Great white walnut
The Great white walnut

AFC Bournemouth v Aston Villa FC. Sat Aug 8th 3:00pm. - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:53 pm

Sherwood says Gil and Grealish are both coming back from injury and not playing. Okore is the only other player currently out. Okore I think is the biggest issue, I think he should be starting alongside Clark with Richards at RB. At least one of Gil and Grealish should be starting every match, perhaps even both of them.

Still, at least we know Sinclair will play on the left!
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc forever Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:36 pm

2-1 Villa.
avfc forever
avfc forever

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:56 pm

Really hope Sellars gets a place on the bench. He impressed me a lot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next