The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The postivity thread for Villa and more

+14
jeffvilla
gdav
WendyOz
ViewFromT2
Villa_Dan
VillaBill
andrew24561
Stratfordvilla
avfc85
villabromsgrove
FoxyAV
The Utterer
johnny noodles
lukevilla
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The postivity thread for Villa and more - Page 2 Empty Re: The postivity thread for Villa and more

Post by jeffvilla Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:57 pm

Good news that Clarke has signed a 5 year deal Very Happy Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving

utv
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

The postivity thread for Villa and more - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

The postivity thread for Villa and more - Page 2 Empty Re: The postivity thread for Villa and more

Post by Guest Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:20 pm

I'd be a lot more positive if we signed a RB, a CB with experience and a new keeper.

Something like Tom Heaton and Johnny Evans and I might think relegation was impossible.

Back to top Go down

Post by ejs1111 Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:09 pm

I'm very positive and excited for the season to start. I'm of the opinion that we are better than last season. I too am hopeful of 2 more signings... another ST, and RB. I still believe that Ade will come here ultimately- then I think we just need a solid RB OR a solid CB (and push Micah to RB).

Our keepers are plenty good enough for mid-table... which is our goal.

UTV! Scarf Waving
ejs1111
ejs1111

The postivity thread for Villa and more - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:53 pm

SkyBet offering 11/2 for Villa to finish top half. Some bookies as low as 7/2.... The bookies seem to rate us a better proposition than most of our own fans!!

Edit: Actually I'm chatting shit...there are only 4 teams with bigger odds than us...so they make us bottom 5 material.

Worth a tenner at 11/2?
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

The postivity thread for Villa and more - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:17 am

This thread should be busier, great fun pre-season watching all the new players come in and speculating on others, 3 points to start with and many positives from the match, hoping the extra training will prep us for a tougher test on Friday, I think we'll hold our own and sneak a draw Scarf Waving
4BetLite
4BetLite

The postivity thread for Villa and more - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:33 am

Considering a lot of people, even those who had decent hopes for the season, felt the Bournemouth game was coming too soon for our new players to have bedded in I think we will get better in the next few weeks and hopefully not have the kind of first half we saw at the weekend with more consistency from the 1st whistle.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

The postivity thread for Villa and more - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great white walnut Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:59 am

I'm trying not to get ahead of myself on the back of some decent signings and a good second half but for the first time in ages I'm looking forward to getting up at stupid o clock to watch the Villa!
The Great white walnut
The Great white walnut

The postivity thread for Villa and more - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_Spadge Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:29 am

I'm disappointed this thread is only 3 pages long... Reasons to be positive now:

Sherwood's a transfer genius?! (Maybe)
Statement of Intent - signing players who cost more than a bag of chips
3 points from Bournemouth
Veretout, Gestede, Amavi, Gana, Ayew
Medical with Traore!
Re-integration of Gil
Here comes Grealish
Cleaning out the deadwood

We've gone from a joke show back to being a football club. Ok, some of our new signings aren't going to cut it in the PL, that's just a guarantee.

Maybe we need a negativity thread, incase anyone out there hasn't been blown away by our summer of re-structuring!
Mr_Spadge

The postivity thread for Villa and more - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:45 am

At the end of last season there was a lot of trepidation around Sherwood and the fact he'd never managed summer transfer business before. Which was a fair point. 

But with Fox and the other staff he has put in place to support TS, I think it's fair to say he's had a great summers business. Lost 2 big players, shipped out some dross, but made some strong (Read: "better than Lambert's") and some astute (Read: "cheap cover") signings and the squad is stronger for it
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

The postivity thread for Villa and more - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2