The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The postivity thread for Villa and more

+14
jeffvilla
gdav
WendyOz
ViewFromT2
Villa_Dan
VillaBill
andrew24561
Stratfordvilla
avfc85
villabromsgrove
FoxyAV
The Utterer
johnny noodles
lukevilla
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The postivity thread for Villa and more Empty The postivity thread for Villa and more

Post by lukevilla Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:24 pm

There has been a lot of negativity lately and i am not picking on anyone for it as i do agree with quite a lot of it but IMO its a little over the top so think there should be a positivity thread! Hows this for an idea LOL the positive people come in this thread and the negative people go in the rant and moan thread Laughing Hopefully this can stop the arguing as well!

I think there are a number of positives at Villa

Just to name a few!

Fantastic stadium
Very good CEO
Very good young manager
Carles Gil
Jack grealish
lukevilla

The postivity thread for Villa and more 0_star10

Back to top Go down

The postivity thread for Villa and more Empty Re: The postivity thread for Villa and more

Post by johnny noodles Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:32 am

And now you're gonna believe us, and now you're gonna believe us,and now you're gonna believe us .......we're gonna win the league
Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving
johnny noodles
johnny noodles

Back to top Go down

The postivity thread for Villa and more Empty Re: The postivity thread for Villa and more

Post by The Utterer Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:57 am

We are still a Premier League team too and have a kitty available to strengthen the squad. Very Happy
The Utterer
The Utterer

The postivity thread for Villa and more 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:50 am

While it scares me that we are signing unknowns and have lost proven PL players, I also finally see us doing a new rebuild. The team that has managed to nearly get us relegated three years running is finally starting to get replaced and that's a good thing. Even if Amavi, Gueye and a few others aren't proven yet, it won't take too much to improve on the last three seasons. I just hope we spend another £ 20 million. We really really need players.

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:51 am

Lerner arrives and overspends, trusting MON to spend a shed load of money on making us successful, and that initial investment to be sustained by extra income from being successful etc without additional expenditure from the family trust. It didn't work, MON walks, Houlier's illness screws up any attempted resurgence. McLeish is the beginning of the end, attendence and income plummets, Lambert comes in with a remit to slash crippling wage bill and rebuild with cheap players and low wages. Lerner meanwhile has plans to make the club self-sufficient. Whether or not he took into account the possibility of that happening in the Championship we'll not find out until he graces us with his autobiography. So now Lambert is gone and three seasons of negative football are out the window, the club is financially stable, PL TV money income has increased massively and Lerner's trying to sell the club, or work out a way of keeping it and employing people who know what they're doing to run it. All of a sudden we see players coming in at the (rumoured) £8million to £12million range, being better replacements for the £2million players they replace and our manager, known for developing youth players, is taking a closer look at four or five players coming up through the academy. I think there's a lot there to be positive about. Sure, we need another striker (while Robinson and Sellars are evaluated) and could do with one or two more players in that magic £8million to £12million (or more!) price range to come in but what we're starting to see is some kind of intent to invest.

Yeah, I know the window isn't yet closed and we might not see any more players in but we'll have to wait. And this is a very simplistic view of what's happened over the last few years. We are though a long way on from Lambert's first season, albeit without Bent and Benteke (and even Weimann). On the other hand, at least now we have a solid defence again.

FoxyAV
FoxyAV

The postivity thread for Villa and more 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:28 pm

Good point about Sellars, he looks a talent so far this season.

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:57 pm

I've got nothing to add at the moment. Very Happy
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:18 pm

avfc85
avfc85

The postivity thread for Villa and more 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:31 pm

Nice one! Scarf Waving The postivity thread for Villa and more 3769219917 Beer
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Stratfordvilla Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:48 pm

Our defence is better than last year.
Stratfordvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by andrew24561 Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:47 pm

Villa Park is better than Sty Andrews
our finances are better than the showers
our owners not banged up in a Hong Kong prison
were not playing in the fizzy pop league (yet)

I'm so glad my late father was a Villa fan and not a nose
reasons to be cheerful !
andrew24561
andrew24561

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:13 pm

Lambert has gone, nuff said
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:26 pm

My fantasy league team is looking good!
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:54 pm

Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:09 pm

that looks a marked improvement on this time last year doesn't it?

Get rid of Hutton though....and to be pedantic, Gueye has been told he will play on the right of the 3....other than that....happy to watch that!!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:02 pm

More positivity - England are giving the Aussie batsmen a pasting
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by WendyOz Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:16 am

Enjoy it while you can...it won't last. (The cricket I mean)
WendyOz
WendyOz

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:41 am

Goals from midfield this season!
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:23 am

WendyOz wrote:Enjoy it while you can...it won't last. (The cricket I mean)
We'll see  Very Happy  
I predict an England series win 3 - 2
gdav
gdav

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:12 am

Great hat trick from Sinclair on Saturday bet his wife is pleased he is doing so well. The postivity thread for Villa and more 1815562058 :shock:
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:36 am

I don't think I'm more positive, just more excited. Does that make any sense?
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:51 pm

I guess this thread is as good as any to post this, as it certainly makes me feel a lot more positive.....

Just took a little look at our starting XI's on opening day for the past 3 seasons....Surely this proves we are now on the right track?

2012/13 (lost 1-0 at West Ham):
Given, Clark, Baker, Vlaar, Lowton
El Ahmadi, Ireland, N'Zogbia, Delph, Holman
Bent

2013/14 (won 3-1 at Arsenal):
Guzan, Luna, Vlaar, Baker, Lowton
Westwood, Delph, El Ahmadi
Agbonlahor, Benteke, Weimann

2014/15 (won 1-0 at Stoke):
Guzan, Cissoko, Senderos, Vlaar, Hutton
Delph, Westwood, Richardson, N'Zogbia
Weimann, Agbonlahor

By my reckoning, only one of the team that started at Stoke last year (Westwood) is likely to start on Saturday!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:00 pm

ViewFromT2 wrote:I guess this thread is as good as any to post this, as it certainly makes me feel a lot more positive.....

Just took a little look at our starting XI's on opening day for the past 3 seasons....Surely this proves we are now on the right track?

Bent

Weimann, Agbonlahor

By my reckoning, only one of the team that started at Stoke last year (Westwood) is likely to start on Saturday!
Good post, thanks for the research. Do you not think both Westwood and Guzan will start, and possibly (although I hope not) Hutton?
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:14 pm

I was at the West Ham game. Such promise - "we're passing the ball, we're passing the ball. We're Aston Villa, we're passing the ball"

I left dejected because we hadn't scored but felt if we kept that level of performance up then the goals would come. 

I guess not!!
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:45 am

villabromsgrove wrote:
ViewFromT2 wrote:I guess this thread is as good as any to post this, as it certainly makes me feel a lot more positive.....

Bent

Weimann, Agbonlahor

Good post, thanks for the research. Do you not think both Westwood and Guzan will start, and possibly (although I hope not) Hutton?

Not sure VB to be honest. I think if we could blend the DNA of Hutton and Bacuna, we would possible own one of the world's greatest full backs. If he goes with Hutton, we lose the supply from the right, cos in all fairness he couldn't cross his legs!...but if he goes with Bacuna we run the risk of being caught out down our left, particularly if 'gung-ho Richards' happens to be awol at the same time!

Guzan? not sure either. I think Bunn has surprised everybody is pre-season, and he is certainly a positive addition to the squad. Guzan has played loads of games so there is no chance he will be rusty, and I'm pretty sure he is able to come straight into the team....I guess the keeper selection on Saturday will reveal an awful lot about Tim's opinion of Guzan going forward.

Westwood is a shoe-in though. I like the way TS is bigging him up to be honest, hopefully get him to look forward with his passes a little quicker.

I thought Kozak would be nailed on to start, but my lad said something to me last night that makes perfect sense. Gestede has come from the Championship, so is there a better game to let him make his premier league debut than against a team making theirs?
I have a really good feeling about Gestede....I can't remember the last play I saw that really went and attacked the ball in the box the way he does. Benteke was good when the ball was in his zone...but Gestede actually goes and gets in the zone...and makes it his. He will be a hit at Villa Park, convinced of it.
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next