The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)

+93
R1chuk
Stripey48
VillaSteve
ejs1111
EviliZe
Olofsbeard
AstonThriller
SOTC
Wriggle
aberdarevilla
1Elliot
South London Villan
MarvelVillan
Chrissylee1111
holtehero
clarryblue
danclare82
Synopsis
pcfbavfcoman
Nath11
mefromhere
Born Under The Holte End
ember
tonyp
Leafs1201
Peter
thinlizzy
gdav
UnclePanda
Mazrim
Jamie Gray
hawk190601
Wigteke
mark_draper
smetro
avfcjay
Jpmangel
Karlos96
JapaneseVillan
George
PongosPointofView
Mr_Spadge
Army villain
mickeywya
brummieboy
Villa Ranger
ellisout
Morpheus
DaveAV1
TED
B62 Villa
Jimmycarr
Dions_Bald_Head
VTID85
avfc85
jvilla
NARLA24
Dgrizzle7
GadgetMan
VillaBill
villabromsgrove
banneruk
andrew24561
avfc forever
Saunders82
Withes Sweatbands
thegaffer6
jeffvilla
The Utterer
Keyser Soze
big ming
Cha Ching
GodzoneVilla
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
Con
omariqy
4BetLite
Fpuppys
Stratfordvilla
fastbackace
Andyh
ChicoHamiltonsPants
Jae1411
Wookster
Villa_Dan
bazzah
DN1982
FoxyAV
KMitch
ViewFromT2
James_Curtis
Trotters
CoE82
97 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 39 Empty Re: Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)

Post by FoxyAV Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:42 am

The £50million was something I read about but now can't find, it was to do with clearing some debt possibly to make the club more attractive to sell.

I don't understand the idea that having thrown £300million or whatever it is at the club, Randy wants to lose even more money on it. Lambert went when he had to (was there a clause in his contract stipulating relegation zone = sack?), although I think most of us would rather have seen him go sooner. Lerner had some terrible advice previously, I think Fox has settled the ship and is running the whole shebang.

Maybe I'm just overly optimistic. I can't help think the best way for an owner to make the most money is to make the club as successful as possible. If we really are debt-free, have a decent looking squad and manager with the potential to finish mid-table and then build on that in the next few years is that such a bad thing?

As Joppe84 says, it would be interesting to have an insight into the Villa accounts and see just what goes where. Is money coming out to service Randy's debt?
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 39 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 39 Empty Re: Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)

Post by DelboyVilla Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:51 am

Joppe84 wrote:
Mazrim wrote:Yes but you can still spend some of the massive amounts of income from TV and commercial revenue. That's still self sufficiency,

Does anyone have insight of the Villa economics? Just out of interest how much money do we make on TV deals and the fans, and where does it all go?

We've cut wages a LOT, so it can't be that at the moment.  

We probably had installments a few years ago on Bent etc. But surely that's covered now, and anyway we've sold Young, Milner, Benteke, Delph, Downing for minimum £ 103,5 million. I really don't understand where it all goes.

You have got to remember that Lerner gives a lot of money to certain causes he supports financially such as SMRF or to give it it's full name, the Shit Managers Retirement Fund. He has contributed 10's of millions over the past few years. Then there's the LCBAPHLF or the Lazy Can't Be Arsed Players High Life Fund?

Plus we have not been as commercially aware as we should have over the years.
DelboyVilla

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 39 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:58 am

I just did some quick number crunching on soccerbase so I might be a little bit wrong, but according to what I've got here, we've spent 9,1 million each season since 2006/2007 season up to this season. I've chosen to exlude this season and we are basically in 0 net spend.

We've bought for £ 184,85 million and sold for £ 102,65 million. A difference of £ 82,2 million divided by 9 seasons or so.

Now according to the telegraph the current TV-deal is a flat £ 52,5 million for each team in the EPL. I guess it's reason to suspect it's been above at least £ 30 million a piece since 2006. It's a mindboggling number. Add £ 300-500 million in TV-deals to coverage, European football, cup wins, season tickets, merchandise, sponsorships etc. How we can be struggling for money is a god damn mystery.

Back to top Go down

Post by DN1982 Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:16 am

Joppe84 wrote:I just did some quick number crunching on soccerbase so I might be a little bit wrong, but according to what I've got here, we've spent 9,1 million each season since 2006/2007 season up to this season. I've chosen to exlude this season and we are basically in 0 net spend.

We've bought for £ 184,85 million and sold for £ 102,65 million. A difference of £ 82,2 million divided by 9 seasons or so.

Now according to the telegraph the current TV-deal is a flat £ 52,5 million for each team in the EPL. I guess it's reason to suspect it's been above at least £ 30 million a piece since 2006. It's a mindboggling number. Add £ 300-500 million in TV-deals to coverage, European football, cup wins, season tickets, merchandise, sponsorships etc. How we can be struggling for money is a god damn mystery.

If only we never paid wages we'd be rich!!! I don't think it's ever been the transfer spending it was allowing the wage bill to get up towards 90% of turnover which is unsustainable. That's why we have had the crap the last few years now it's down around the 60% mark and will probably fall again if not this year definitely next. Going over old ground again and again achieves nothing. We are currently IMO being well run with good people in the important positions. I long for the days when being a football fan was about the football not the finances!!
DN1982

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 39 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:19 am

Hugely mismanaged wages during the first few seasons of his ownership (sometimes for very ordinary players who didn't play much) finished any chance Lerner had of running the club profitably.
villabromsgrove

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 39 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:26 am

Habib Beye on £45K a week
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:43 am

Rumour has it that Randy's got a faulty abacus
4BetLite
4BetLite

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 39 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:56 am

With Lerner it's always 'next year we will be on an even keel' but a bit like my namesake and 'next year we'll be millionaires Rodney'!!
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:09 am

Wages and dross is where it all fell apart. Habib Beye is the classic example; a player earning in excess of £2m a year for being 3rd or 4th choice simply isn't sustainable. Not only is it a waste of money but you just won't be able to offload him as no other club will pay those sorts of wages. UNLESS....you give the player away.

Some investment strategy, that is!

And when the owner wants to shed the shit but can't, he has to get rid of the good players. And they get replaced by low priced shit.

And the low priced, low paid shit won't be happy that the players in their shadow are earning 5 times as much. Oh, happy days!

For that unfortunate scenario we can thank Lerner for not having the balls to put a stop to MON's outrageous Give-A-Shit-English-Player-A-Second-Chance-And-A-Mountain-Of-Cash philosophy.

I think that the approach Lerner is taking now is based on the assumption that players and agents will soak up a massive chunk of the new TV money so he's implemented a sell-to-buy policy meaning that Sherwood has had to buy good value players from the continent on lower wages than their English counterparts. Note: good value, not cheap shit. In 12 months when the TV money rolls in, our balance sheet SHOULD look very very healthy indeed and SHOULD make the club extremely attractive to a buyer.

To put it another way, when he first put the club up for sale, it was a shitty ship on a shitty day heading straight for shitty rocks.

Today, the shitty ship has largely been refurbished and had the shitty barnacles scraped off. It looks like it's headed away from the shitty rocks.

By the end of the season, the newly refurbished ship could be sitting pretty off a nice beach in the Bahamas with cocktails and dancing girls waiting to come aboard.

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 39 1815562058

What was the question again?
Trotters
Trotters

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 39 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:11 am

I don't really get this wages arguement. Say we have 20 players on average 40 k. That's 800 k a week. Around 42 million a year. Our wages was surely less and we still raked in more money? Must be something I'm unaware of.

Back to top Go down

Post by avfcjoe Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:14 am

Apparently Adama Traore has chosen us, 3 year deal with the option of a further year.....
avfcjoe

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 39 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:19 am

Trotters wrote:Wages and dross is where it all fell apart. Habib Beye is the classic example; a player earning in excess of £2m a year for being 3rd or 4th choice simply isn't sustainable. Not only is it a waste of money but you just won't be able to offload him as no other club will pay those sorts of wages. UNLESS....you give the player away.

Some investment strategy, that is!

And when the owner wants to shed the shit but can't, he has to get rid of the good players. And they get replaced by low priced shit.

And the low priced, low paid shit won't be happy that the players in their shadow are earning 5 times as much. Oh, happy days!

For that unfortunate scenario we can thank Lerner for not having the balls to put a stop to MON's outrageous Give-A-Shit-English-Player-A-Second-Chance-And-A-Mountain-Of-Cash philosophy.

I think that the approach Lerner is taking now is based on the assumption that players and agents will soak up a massive chunk of the new TV money so he's implemented a sell-to-buy policy meaning that Sherwood has had to buy good value players from the continent on lower wages than their English counterparts. Note: good value, not cheap shit. In 12 months when the TV money rolls in, our balance sheet SHOULD look very very healthy indeed and SHOULD make the club extremely attractive to a buyer.

To put it another way, when he first put the club up for sale, it was a shitty ship on a shitty day heading straight for shitty rocks.

Today, the shitty ship has largely been refurbished and had the shitty barnacles scraped off. It looks like it's headed away from the shitty rocks.

By the end of the season, the newly refurbished ship could be sitting pretty off a nice beach in the Bahamas with cocktails and dancing girls waiting to come aboard.

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 39 1815562058

What was the question again?

You've just put this far better than I could. It remains to be seen if the sell-to-buy policy will exist once the extra telly dosh rolls in, we'll find out.

I tell you what though, having seen Veretout, Amavi and especially Gueye play I'd be very interested to find out who found them all and if indeed it's one person responsible for the scouting. There is a thread on scouting on here I keep meaning to read...
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:22 am

Joppe84 wrote:I don't really get this wages arguement. Say we have 20 players on average 40 k. That's 800 k a week. Around 42 million a year. Our wages was surely less and we still raked in more money? Must be something I'm unaware of.

As of last year's accounts our wages were 59% of the clubs turnover. And that is after bringing them DOWN, we were still making a loss last season but it was £4m as opposed to £53m the year before. Our wage bill was the 9th highest in the league but we were finishing 17th
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:25 am

avfcjoe wrote:Apparently Adama Traore has chosen us, 3 year deal with the option of a further year.....
Liking this. Where is the info from mate ?
NARLA24
NARLA24

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 39 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:29 am

Villa_Dan wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:I don't really get this wages arguement. Say we have 20 players on average 40 k. That's 800 k a week. Around 42 million a year. Our wages was surely less and we still raked in more money? Must be something I'm unaware of.

As of last year's accounts our wages were 59% of the clubs turnover. And that is after bringing them DOWN, we were still making a loss last season but it was £4m as opposed to £53m the year before. Our wage bill was the 9th highest in the league but we were finishing 17th

Yeah mate, I'm not doubting the financial records. I just struggle with understand how we can rack up that kinda wages. Like I said  £ 40 k a week for 20 players is 800 k  or 42 million a year. And £ 40 k a week (in average at least) is generally pretty high wages outside the top 6. While the squad is 25 players, I struggle with understanding a wage average above £ 30 k, nevermind £ 40 k.

Just something fundamentally weird about us having that kinda wages.

Back to top Go down

Post by avfcjoe Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:31 am

NARLA24 wrote:
avfcjoe wrote:Apparently Adama Traore has chosen us, 3 year deal with the option of a further year.....
Liking this. Where is the info from mate ?

Spanish media..... http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2015/08/11/primera/1439285875_964302.html
avfcjoe

Back to top Go down

Post by avfcjay Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:33 am

Let's hope it's true. Though not sure how credible that site/journo is:

Google Translate wrote:Adama Traoré, player of Barcelona B, will play next season in the Premier League. Despite the interest from Liverpool and Stoke City, the squad has finally opted for Aston Villa.

Adama, 19, signed for three seasons with another option.

The Spanish player of Malian descent is one of the pearls of the current blaugrana quarry. However, unlike Munir or Sandro, the end has not been called to make the preseason with the first team, why the player has decided to look for another club site in minutes you can enjoy the highest level.
avfcjay

Back to top Go down

Post by avfcjoe Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:35 am

avfcjay wrote:Let's hope it's true. Though not sure how credible that site/journo is:

Google Translate wrote:Adama Traoré, player of Barcelona B, will play next season in the Premier League. Despite the interest from Liverpool and Stoke City, the squad has finally opted for Aston Villa.

The Spanish player of Malian descent is one of the pearls of the current blaugrana quarry. However, unlike Munir or Sandro, the end has not been called to make the preseason with the first team, why the player has decided to look for another club site in minutes you can enjoy the highest level.

3rd biggest newspaper in Spain, so you'd think they have some sort of credibility
avfcjoe

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:37 am

avfcjoe wrote:
avfcjay wrote:Let's hope it's true. Though not sure how credible that site/journo is:

3rd biggest newspaper in Spain, so you'd think they have some sort of credibility
Good news if true.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 39 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:42 am

The most unlikely bit about the story is the three year contract. Haven't all the other signings this summer been on five year contracts?

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:43 am

I think we should have a day when everyone runs their post through google translate and at least 2 different languages before translating it back to English and posting it up in here.
Trotters
Trotters

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 39 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:50 am

Trotters wrote:I think we should have a day when everyone runs their post through google translate and at least 2 different languages before translating it back to English and posting it up in here.

May I recommend:

http://www.amazon.com/English-She-Spoke-Conversation-Portuguese/dp/097190474X

And someone put it up against Babelfish:

http://www.zompist.com/spoke.html
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:53 am

FoxyAV wrote:
Trotters wrote:I think we should have a day when everyone runs their post through google translate and at least 2 different languages before translating it back to English and posting it up in here.

May I recommend:

http://www.amazon.com/English-She-Spoke-Conversation-Portuguese/dp/097190474X

And someone put it up against Babelfish:

http://www.zompist.com/spoke.html

Hahahahahah!! :shock:
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:43 pm

collymore tweeting oh adama traore too.
danclare82
danclare82

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 39 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:22 pm

YT footage granted , but he looks strong, direct & quick , exciting times ahead , reminded me a little of Tony "cross the ball into the Holte End" Daley !

Raw pace is dangerous at any level ! Over the head
VillaBill
VillaBill

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 39 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next