The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)

+55
DaveAV1
avfc85
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
mefromhere
FoxyAV
KMitch
Mazrim
Villa_Dan
gdale1
B62 Villa
South London Villan
ellisout123
NARLA24
VTID85
4BetLite
WendyOz
The Great white walnut
Trotters
thegaffer6
avfcjoe
DelboyVilla
1Elliot
jeffvilla
Cha Ching
Jae1411
James_Curtis
bazzah
danclare82
EbeneezerGoode
Leafs1201
Villa Ranger
DN1982
ViewFromT2
big ming
GadgetMan
smetro
Dions_Bald_Head
Mr_Spadge
Stratfordvilla
Army villain
DomAVFC
Dgrizzle7
Con
AstonThriller
Dansvilla75
villabromsgrove
gdav
Villa jimmy
Born Under The Holte End
Nath11
Saunders82
TED
Keyser Soze
fastbackace
VillaSteve
59 posters

Page 1 of 16 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next

Go down

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  Empty Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:08 pm

Joppe84 wrote:
KMitch wrote:I don't think Praet will come off, but I'll be over the moon if it does. I somehow got the impression that we made an inquiry, but he was out of out price range and we went for Veretout instead. Getting both of them would be fantastic.

Me neither. While cover for Grealish and Ayew is needed, we need one player to do this. Not two. If we get this Adama fella I'd rather we went for a RB as a final signing. Not Praet.
I'd consider playing Okore as right back when he returns (Sept 13th). Can you imagine the protection that Adama would have .... if we sign him of course. Very Happy

It would also mean that Amavi could be a totally attacking wing back on the left, with Okore Richards and Clark forming a really strong defensive unit as a back three.
villabromsgrove

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  4_star10

Back to top Go down

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  Empty Re: Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)

Post by FoxyAV Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:13 pm

4BetLite wrote:Cannot ever remember a manager not going back to previous club for at least one player, if its gonna happen I'm hoping its walker

I think we should be aiming for Kane too, instead of Adebayor.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  4_star10

Back to top Go down

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  Empty Re: Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)

Post by FoxyAV Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:17 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:
KMitch wrote:I don't think Praet will come off, but I'll be over the moon if it does. I somehow got the impression that we made an inquiry, but he was out of out price range and we went for Veretout instead. Getting both of them would be fantastic.

Me neither. While cover for Grealish and Ayew is needed, we need one player to do this. Not two. If we get this Adama fella I'd rather we went for a RB as a final signing. Not Praet.
I'd consider playing Okore as right back when he returns (Sept 13th). Can you imagine the protection that Adama would have .... if we sign him of course. Very Happy

It would also mean that Amavi could be a totally attacking wing back on the left, with Okore Richards and Clark forming a really strong defensive unit as a back three.

I think bearing in mind Richards' experience at RB I'd prefer to see Okore in the middle, with Sanchez in front. Okore does like to go forward and has a killer pass on him. Or alternatively when Vlaar comes back to us once he's well again and we give him a contract on our terms, he can play in the middle of a back three. If we have more than enough decent CBs there's no harm resting one or two at a time.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:23 pm

FoxyAV wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:

I think bearing in mind Richards' experience at RB I'd prefer to see Okore in the middle, with Sanchez in front. Okore does like to go forward and has a killer pass on him. Or alternatively when Vlaar comes back to us once he's well again and we give him a contract on our terms, he can play in the middle of a back three. If we have more than enough decent CBs there's no harm resting one or two at a time.
I think that Richards has been guaranteed a CB's place by TS, which means Okore playing out of position or sitting on the bench waiting for an injury to occur..
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:35 pm

I'd be playing Okore & Richards as our CB's to be honest.
gdav
gdav

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaSteve Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:54 pm

gdav wrote:I'd be playing Okore & Richards as our CB's to be honest.
So would I
VillaSteve

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:55 pm

I wouldn't - Clark is King

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:57 pm

Joppe84 wrote:I wouldn't - Clark is King
I agree, Clark is a real leader on the pitch ,and we don't have many of them.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Stratfordvilla Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:00 pm

Okore is going to be another Vlaar, good when he plays but will miss too many games a year to be considered first choice. Clark and Richards for me.
Stratfordvilla

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:07 pm

French Media reporting this

Aston Villa make approach for Aymen Abdennour
According to our colleagues at Foot Mercato, AS Roma and Barcelona remain frontrunners in the transfer race for Aymen Abdennour, with the former side on the brink of losing two established central defenders.

However, in recent hours, Aston Villa have made their interest in the player known, and are waiting for a green light from his entourage concerning whether or not they should approach AS Monaco. More to follow, but Abdennour has one foot out of Monaco’s door.

A Tunisian footballer who currently play central defence for Monaco in Ligue 1.
Born: August 6, 1989 (age 26), Sousse, Tunisia
Height: 1.87 m
Weight: 84 kgSummer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtaPndFg4x6wpJu7CuygAXLPiijuMqnMvNpppFheo-4MLgnkAXzQ
The Utterer
The Utterer

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by fastbackace Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:50 pm

I think Adama is our alternative to townsend, cheaper, faster, younger, more upside, and from Barcelona academy. Doesnt get much better than that.
Plus TS did say that english players were overpriced (and overrated tbh).

Get him, and Ebolo in, send out zoggy, tonev, and loan out kozak to get games, and i think that will be all she wrote.

Please TS, for me?
fastbackace
fastbackace

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:10 pm

Would still need a right back. I'd LOVE Ebolo, but we really really need a right back.

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:13 pm

Joppe84 wrote:Would still need a right back. I'd LOVE Ebolo, but we really really need a right back.

I entirely disagree. We desperately need goals and at the moment have Gestede (1 Premier league goal and 30mins to his name), Gabby (fucking useless), Ayew (60-ish Prem mins and no goals) and Kozak (still coming back off a bad injury)

We have Hutton, Bacuna, Crespo, Richards who can all play RB. We don't NEED a RB.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:16 pm

There's a fine line with signing attacking players to become a good team and signing a ton of them and becoming Newcastle where you score 6, but concede 7.

A team is about 11 players and only as strong as the weakest link.
Crespo obviously isn't good enough for first choice and we all know that. He is just a rotation guy that can play all four back positions relatively well.
Richards won't play right back. TS has promised him the CB and we know this as well. Even though I'd like him at RB.
Bacuna is a shite, utter shite defender. He is a midfielder if anything.
Hutton is average and should be backup.

I'd say a first choice right back was the order of the day, but each to their own.

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:22 pm

If we don't have any teeth up front (currently we have 1 and a host of people aiming to supply that 1) then we won't score 6 and concede 7, we'll score none and either draw or lose. 

I'd like a new 1st choice RB but it is far from a priority IMO
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by fastbackace Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:27 pm

hey now, newcastle scare 6 and concede 6 now, under the new manager. lol
fastbackace
fastbackace

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:34 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:Would still need a right back. I'd LOVE Ebolo, but we really really need a right back.

I entirely disagree. We desperately need goals and at the moment have Gestede (1 Premier league goal and 30mins to his name), Gabby (fucking useless), Ayew (60-ish Prem mins and no goals) and Kozak (still coming back off a bad injury)

We have Hutton, Bacuna, Crespo, Richards who can all play RB. We don't NEED a RB.

love your sense of humour dude Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  1815562058
4BetLite
4BetLite

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:59 pm

Aymen Abdennour would be a massive signing for us, he'd cost 20-25 million pounds. This would be our marquee signing.
Keyser Soze

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by thegaffer6 Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:10 pm

Liking the Abdenour link but if as reported, Barca and Roma want him then we've not really got a prayer!
thegaffer6
thegaffer6

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:26 pm

Guessing the Abdennour link is down to a typo by some numpy journo following up on the Adeybaor saga
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:30 pm

thegaffer6 wrote:Liking the Abdenour link but if as reported, Barca and Roma want him then we've not really got a prayer!

On the other hand, why not? Surely Brum can offer him a better life style than Monaco, Barca and Roma could. lol!
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:06 pm

Just on Townsend and Adebayor, irrespective of if I think we should sign either of them, I am loving Levy getting a spanking with his attempts to sell.
Apparently every time Adebayor turns up in his chauffeur driven Rolls Royce, does what he has to under his contractual obligations by training, he goes puce with rage as it reminds him of what a bad deal he got from Man City and his inability to offload him.
South London Villan
South London Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:21 pm

South London Villan wrote:Just on Townsend and Adebayor, irrespective of if I think we should sign either of them, I am loving Levy getting a spanking with his attempts to sell.
Apparently every time Adebayor turns up in his chauffeur driven Rolls Royce, does what he has to under his contractual obligations by training, he goes puce with rage as it reminds him of what a bad deal he got from Man City and his inability to offload him.

Spot on. Never deal with spurs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:06 pm

Joppe84 wrote:
South London Villan wrote:Just on Townsend and Adebayor, irrespective of if I think we should sign either of them, I am loving Levy getting a spanking with his attempts to sell.

Spot on. Never deal with spurs.
Jermaine Jenas = Karma
Keyser Soze

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:37 pm

Fpuppys wrote:
thegaffer6 wrote:Liking the Abdenour link but if as reported, Barca and Roma want him then we've not really got a prayer!

On the other hand, why not? Surely Brum can offer him a better life style than Monaco, Barca and Roma could. lol!

Get him down Shababs for a Balti all in less than a tenner (excluding booze). Bet you can't get that in Monaco.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 16 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next