The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Ray Wilkins set for Aston Villa assistant role - sources

+21
Dions_Bald_Head
The Utterer
KMitch
James_Curtis
GadgetMan
Jamie Gray
NARLA24
Andyh
Cha Ching
smetro
Trotters
villabromsgrove
tbarrules
Villas Trudge
GodzoneVilla
1Elliot
thegaffer6
Villa_Dan
ViewFromT2
DaveAV1
Born Under The Holte End
25 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ray Wilkins set for Aston Villa assistant role - sources - Page 2 Empty Re: Ray Wilkins set for Aston Villa assistant role - sources

Post by GadgetMan Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:28 pm

Born Under The Holte End wrote:
Trotters wrote:Just shows how much leaks out of Villa. Did anyone see this coming from anywhere???

No! Laughing

I may of said I wanted him when Tim originally came in Very Happy Does that count? haha!

Great appointment, He's got a winners mentality and will be great as a no2. I knew KMac was a temp appoitment as No2 so was intrigued who would come in. I think this is as good as any appointment we could of hoped for.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Ray Wilkins set for Aston Villa assistant role - sources - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Ray Wilkins set for Aston Villa assistant role - sources - Page 2 Empty Re: Ray Wilkins set for Aston Villa assistant role - sources

Post by James_Curtis Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:30 pm

Really good appointment in my view. I think a young lad like Jack Grealish will benefit immensely from him. I think Tim and Ray mutual admiration for young players will go well and lets be honest hes much more approachable than Roy Keane!
James_Curtis

Ray Wilkins set for Aston Villa assistant role - sources - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:32 pm

James_Curtis wrote:Really good appointment in my view. I think a young lad like Jack Grealish will benefit immensely from him. I think Tim and Ray mutual admiration for young players will go well and lets be honest hes much more approachable than Roy Keane!
He'll also help Jack out with that £1000 bottle of Vodka! Drink
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:32 pm

Fantastic appointment. Wilkins has a reputation of being one of the best coaches in England, and VILLA SIGNED HIM... Am I dreaming?
KMitch
KMitch

Ray Wilkins set for Aston Villa assistant role - sources - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:38 pm

The other thing I like is Wilkins has sai TF approached him but Sherwood confirmed he'd got the job. Showed TS is very much involved in things.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:13 pm

Trotters wrote:Pancakes, mate. Pancakes.  :)
Pancake Rolls ?
NARLA24
NARLA24

Ray Wilkins set for Aston Villa assistant role - sources - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:33 pm

I'm also delighted with this news, welcome Ray to a proper football club for a change Wink

The Utterer
The Utterer

Ray Wilkins set for Aston Villa assistant role - sources - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:42 pm

Well I think i can see what the Guvonor has done 'ere. He's gonna shove Wilko up top with the KMac boy dropped in behind 'im and leave Parky at the back minding the shop.
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:49 pm

Are we all excited yet?

I know I am.

Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:00 pm

Good apointment, he must be on a fair wage???
gdav
gdav

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:08 pm

People said Roy Keane wouldn't come in without there being a takeover - I certainly leant towards that belief myself - so I'm not sure it means anything on that score.

However, either way, I feel it's an excellent appointment.  Ray Wilkins set for Aston Villa assistant role - sources - Page 2 3769219917
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:00 pm

As good a coach as Wilkins undoubtedly is, I think he'll be grateful to Sherwood for offering him this chance. He's mucked up his reputation big time with his well publicised drinking and driving issues, and he needs to rehabilitate his rep at a decent club.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:43 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:As good a coach as Wilkins undoubtedly is, I think he'll be grateful to Sherwood for offering him this chance. He's mucked up his reputation big time with his well publicised drinking and driving issues, and he needs to rehabilitate his rep at a decent club.

Spot on that's what this is for him, another go at a big club. No link directly to a takeover or not. I guess it's possible the timing may be related in some form, as in they've not announced anything on the OS and it does feel like they're saving up a few announcements/unveilings for something.

Maybe it's all down to Jack Woodward being on Holiday? Laughing
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:07 pm

My concern about Ray's appointment is not his ability, it's about his battles with alcoholism, ill health (ulcerated colitis) and the fact that he will have no driving license for the next twelve months, while living with his family the other side of London. The idea of Ray Wilkins sitting in a hotel in Brum from Monday to Friday does not fill me with confidence given his problems. He was a good coach but I really hope Sherwood has thought this through.

Ps: There's still no confirmation on the official site.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:33 pm

I don't have any concerns at all. He either does his job, and he's a coach of great calibre and reputation, or he's sacked for being a piss artist, in which case we have other good coaches and will cope.

However, he seems like he's in a good place and ready to get stuck in. Great stuff.
I'm sure his bank account can take a few Ubers too.

Last edited by Mazrim on Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mazrim
Mazrim

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:51 pm

Superb news.

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:54 pm

Ray Wilkins set for Aston Villa assistant role - sources - Page 2 1662365926 blimey Joppe, positivity, carefull your persona is slipping! Lol
South London Villan
South London Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:58 pm

Saw the 10 minute long interview with him on AVTV yesterday. I love this man. Very honest, open, and charismatic. He's the kind of guy you'd run through walls for, if you worked for him.

Mentioned that we have a good team, but they can be better and they need to get better in order to achieve the staffs goals for the season.

Mentioned that there are 3 different tables in the league and we need to move out of the relegation contenders and up into the next group this season. That would signify progress for him.

He said we they will select match day squads based on how the players work in training every day. They want the players to treat training with the same intensity as a match, and if the players don't apply themselves in the way Sherwood and Co are looking for, they won't play. He said its crucial that the fans know this. (Fairly certain he is referring to Gil's absence last season).

Was very complementary toward the club. Mentioned he is a Chelsea man, through and through, but Villa is his club now, so Chelsea takes a backseat as long as he is at the Villa.

He said he also performed an initiation song with Bunn and Richards, even though he didn't need to. Said he loves the banter in the squad and its what he's missed the most since he moved to punditry.

Most importantly, he seemed very excited to be here and is looking forward to the challenge of the coming season.
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:02 pm

I forgot to add:

As far as specifics on his role at the club, he didn't get into much detail, but said he will be working close with the coaching staff and assisting them all wherever he is needed. Sounds like either he didn't want to give anything away or he didn't know where he was going to fit in yet.
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2