The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)

+96
bruka
sligolion
FoxyAV
The Utterer
Army villain
DN1982
Davidvilla73
claretsbluey
clarryblue
Dotcomsimon
CoE82
big ming
Dions_Bald_Head
Dgrizzle7
Villa Ranger
Jamie Gray
ViewFromT2
Villa_Dan
Mazrim
South London Villan
Trotters
GodzoneVilla
gaffer85
ejs1111
mickeywya
Karlos96
avfc forever
Saunders82
B62 Villa
GhostDad
VTID85
Peter Withe's Shin
Tomy-Flemba
StringGhost
DomAVFC
omariqy
PongosPointofView
andrew24561
AVFClee
Andyh
Broadlee
Trysullvilla
Cha Ching
Withes Sweatbands
Poseidon
bazzah
George
VillaBill
jeffvilla
James_Curtis
Villas Trudge
pcfbavfcoman
Con
fcuk1villan
Born Under The Holte End
De Kuip
Morpheus
UnclePanda
Leafs1201
Dansvilla75
DaveAV1
KMitch
1Elliot
tbarrules
kimbo
aberdarevilla
Morgan Villa
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
Wookster
Saunders
danclare82
Wigteke
marcxc1983
avfc85
Jae1411
4BetLite
mefromhere
Olofsbeard
fastbackace
rosco77
Fpuppys
mark_draper
Aesorian
ember
Keyser Soze
NARLA24
Stratfordvilla
Kakacroom
HarryAVFC
AntJac
gdav
smetro
thegaffer6
villabromsgrove
GadgetMan
lukevilla
100 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 39 Empty Re: Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)

Post by Mad Mac Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:31 pm

Alan Nixon has confirmed on Twitter that Paddy Reilly is still at Villa. He said there had been a scouting shake up though.
Mad Mac

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 39 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 39 Empty Re: Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)

Post by Guest Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:48 pm

How can he be hired at Liverpool and us at the same time? According to LinkedIn he is at Liverpool?

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:50 pm

So all the rats have now jumped the ship and it's time to rebuild, congrats to Cleverley, Delph, Benteke and Vlaar for all scuttling away at the same time leaving the club in a hole.. Mucho respect for that guys.

So we move on and finally we have an opportunity to build something stronger, provided Lerner permits it of course :pale:, we will find out soon enough of course and weirdly i am feeling quite relieved that lot have gone at last and cautiously a little excited to see how Tim builds a team in his own name from here on in.

Of course we will miss Benteke and have yet to replace Delphs energy but the rest will not be missed to greatly and have already been replaced.

Actually feeling like a huge weight has been lifted now the big guy has gone as it feels like he's been wanting out for years.

One thing i have learned more than anything from this whole episode has been how much we truly are belittled and ridiculed by the media and i have made a mental note of those publications and radio stations who basically took the P out of this club & it's fans during the whole sorry saga.
The Utterer
The Utterer

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 39 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:54 pm

Mazrim wrote:
Fpuppys wrote:
Mazrim wrote:Is Diego Rolan one of these players Omar?
Seems some weight in that rumour from what I can tell.
It also seems we're shopping in France.

In other news, it looks like Henry Sellars knows where the back of the net is.

It's Jerell Sellars. Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 39 1015550615

I'm well aware, but I'm a big Father Ted fan.

Now I get it! Embarassed

This one cheers me up every time Beer
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 39 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad Mac Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:57 pm

Joppe84 wrote:How can he be hired at Liverpool and us at the same time? According to LinkedIn he is at Liverpool?

I can't find that.

His name isn't on the staff list page on the Villa website either.
Mad Mac

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 39 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad Mac Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:08 am

I just don't think he's updated it. Too busy looking for players I hope.
Mad Mac

Back to top Go down

Post by omariqy Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:27 am

Yes basically. If this person is right on Riley then they will be right on these transfers. I don't think Alan Nixon knows much. He is close friends with the agent Mckay and that is where he gets most of his info from.
omariqy

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit of Bosco Jankovic Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:58 am

A TEAM will beat a group of individuals 9 times out of 10. I hope Tim builds a team.
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic

Back to top Go down

Post by George Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:23 am

Benteke is a great finisher (his goals definitely kept us in the Prem) but he is not a great team player and to get the best out of him we had to build around his limitations. We would be much better off with two players who know where the back of the net is (even if they are not as prolific) working in tandem linking up a progressive midfield.

Hopefully Tim will be given the money from this sale to build along these lines so we have goal threats from various parts the park rather than being over reliant on one individual.
George
George

http://www.streetart.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:24 am

Joppe84 wrote:https://uk.linkedin.com/pub/patrick-riley/54/496/a84

His last work update was Liverpool.

That's not how you spell his last name
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 39 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad Mac Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:23 am

Mazrim wrote:
Madeleine McCann wrote:I just don't think he's updated it. Too busy looking for players I hope.

Can I ask why you've chosen that user name?

because I am a very silly person indeed and I'm about to change my user name or will be banned.
Mad Mac

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:48 am

Back on topic, Austin gestede Townsend walker, get me in, make us much better then b4 and if they all hit the ground running we might do well

utv the
4BetLite
4BetLite

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 39 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:27 am

Morning all. I've just come on site and read through the twisted crap posted by a sick individual. I've banned him, removed his posts, and I've also removed those posts that you guys rightly posted denouncing him and calling for action, so that there's no sign of his pathetic existence. If I've missed any examples of this slime in other pinned posts please let me know.

Thanks for reacting as you did.
villabromsgrove

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 39 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Cha Ching Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:29 am

Ideally we still need

GK-RB-DCM-ACM-ST-ST

GK - I think TS does not trust Guzan and the mistake last season against City might affect him still. Another blunder last night for the US that cost them the match against Jamaica is not a good sign for his confidence going forward.

RB - Bacuna is good going forward but is defensively naive and Hutton does not inspire any confidence when getting up the pitch by contrast. In short, neither have what it takes if we are looking to improve, and teams will target this flank so even if Amavi is the best LB in the world., it won't matter.

DCM - Westwood was left out of some games early on in TS reign and comments that he was on the way out were in circulation. I think that he changed his mind when he discovered that Sanchez for all his energy was in a habit of making big blunders. I don't think he will fancy either in the coming season as this is a critical position for the team.

ACM - Gueye will replace Delph as TS has said that they are very similar players, but we still haven't replaced Cleverley. For all the critcism he got, he improved under TS and scored some vital goals in the run-in. We need someone to add to energy and presence as well as a few goals as the rest of our midfield is a bit powder puff at present. This is the most important signing we will make in my view as we need quality here to supplement Gueye.

STx2 - Losing Beneteke leaves a huge hole to fill, but with the money we have got, it should be doable. That said, Spurs fans thought they were getting the real deal when they signed Soldado for big money. I'd be in favour of spreading the risk and buying two strikers or getting one in on loan as well. I think we need to add two to our permanent squad, so the loan option (who would surely want guarantees about game time) would restrict options for our own players. I'd definitely be in favour of a young 'project' striker who comes with a big potential upside as well as someone in the 10-20M range.

Plenty of spots to fill yet in my opinion and it will be interesting to see who we get in over the coming weeks.
Cha Ching
Cha Ching

Back to top Go down

Post by B62 Villa Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:38 am

I would like us to land some targets this week/weekend. Austin, Walker a cheeky bid for Remy maybe Townsend if the price is right and another quality MF to replace Delph( Praet/Darder) We simply have to invest £50m or run the risk of it all imploding and Lerner losing all of his investment. Given that we have made around £45m in sales, reduced wages by around £350k pw even with the investments we have already made, I don't think that's too much to ask, is it?????
B62 Villa
B62 Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:38 am

villabromsgrove wrote:Morning all. I've just come on site and read through the twisted crap posted by a sick individual. I've banned him, removed his posts, and I've also removed those posts that you guys rightly posted denouncing him and calling for action, so that there's no sign of his pathetic existence. If I've missed any examples of this slime in other pinned posts please let me know.

Nice one, good effort by Mazrim to try and dilute the situation but this really was quite serious and your actions are welcomed, well done sir
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:57 am

kimbo
kimbo

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 39 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:06 am

kimbo wrote:We have an insider look at scouting from James_Curtis:

https://bellsareringing.forumotion.com/t1523-a-scouting-insight-by-james-curtis#107235

It's well worth a read .... this guy knows what he's talking about.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:21 am

B62 Villa wrote:I would like us to land some targets this week/weekend. Austin, Walker a cheeky bid for Remy maybe Townsend if the price is right and another quality MF to replace Delph( Praet/Darder) We simply have to invest £50m or run the risk of it all imploding and Lerner losing all of his investment. Given that we have made around £45m in sales, reduced wages by around £350k pw even with the investments we have already made, I don't think that's too much to ask, is it?????
Looking at your list, you're suggesting that we make proper bids for proper players.

I guess if you asked every Villa fan who we should try and buy to replace Benteke the majority would say Charlie Austin .... not because he's a great player or even a particularly good footballer, but because he's proven he can score goals in the Premier League.

The other three players you've mentioned have all shown that they're able to deal with the PL at a decent level so trying to buy them makes sense.

Therein lies the problem. Randy has shown that he lacks common sense whenever he's been called upon to use it. It appears that for the sake of his ridiculous belief that a wage cap and austerity can work in the PL, he is prepared to gamble yet again by refusing to chase the obvious expensive targets.

I really hope I'm wrong this time and that behind the scenes we're trying to sign players such as you mention B62, but with what we know about Randy it's more than likely that we're still trying to survive while keeping things as fiscally tight as possible.

The one thing that I hope may sway him is that this time, with the spine of the team missing we are currently one of the favourites to be relegated.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:26 am

We've been linked with 4 strikers I can remember off the top of my head - Austin, Adebayor, Embolo, Destro.

With Kojak, Gabby, Robinson in reserve I think any 2 of these would have us in a decent position and not relying on 1 single player for 90% of our goals. If we then bought a CM (Darder?) and a creative player (Praet?) I'd be ok with how things stand.

That probably means we'll sign Adebayor and no one else.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:33 am

I'm told Sky are linking us with Bolasie?
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by initforthevilla Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:34 am

villabromsgrove wrote:Morning all. I've just come on site and read through the twisted crap posted by a sick individual. I've banned him, removed his posts, and I've also removed those posts that you guys rightly posted denouncing him and calling for action, so that there's no sign of his pathetic existence. If I've missed any examples of this slime in other pinned posts please let me know.

Can I ask what was being said? Sounds awful. Good on you for dealing with it whatever it was, doesn't sound pleasant.
initforthevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:41 am

initforthevilla wrote:

Can I ask what was being said? Sounds awful. Good on you for dealing with it whatever it was, doesn't sound pleasant.
There are certain subjects that should never be joked about. This was most definitely one of them. We move on.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:43 am

Villa_Dan wrote:I'm told Sky are linking us with Bolasie?
£40 million! I doubt it. Very Happy
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next