The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Aston Villa to sign Micah Richards - CONFIRMED

+35
Leafs1201
avfc85
Mikethevillan
tbarrules
Villa_Dan
jeffvilla
HarryAVFC
bruka
VillaBill
Kakacroom
Morpheus
bazzah
Synopsis
Trotters
ejs1111
mark_draper
Mr_Spadge
kimbo
EviliZe
WendyOz
KMitch
NARLA24
River
ViewFromT2
Wigteke
Dgrizzle7
ember
Mazrim
Jamie Gray
villabromsgrove
GadgetMan
thegaffer6
AntJac
smetro
Born Under The Holte End
39 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Aston Villa to sign Micah Richards - CONFIRMED - Page 2 Empty Re: Aston Villa to sign Micah Richards - CONFIRMED

Post by ViewFromT2 Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:55 pm

smetro wrote:
Mazrim wrote:Do you really think Micah Richards is crap - on a par with Habib Beye and Emile Heskey?
Or are you saying these things to get a response, as I suspect?

Is your objection that he had an injury? Or that he's crap?
He's way above any of our other defenders, he's won titles, played in the champions league and won caps for England. I'm not going to criticise him for playing less than he might have in his last seasons at City when he had a bad injury and when they were throwing money about, rotating 30m players in and out at a whim - and changing managers.

We're talking about a player who has pace, immense strength, can play RB or CB, a leader, signing for 17th place Villa for about the same money Gabby is on. I don't see the problem.

• I think for £65k pw - he could become as much of a burden to us a Beye\Heske
    For that Salary I think we could get a week in \ week out reliable CB - Not someone who was promising in his early twenties and has flattered to deceive ever since
    I don't see him limiting our goals against tally

He's still only 26 FFS!!
you've been mugging yourself off over this all night pal...and he ain't even signed yet...and the papers are guessing at salary when Richards himself said recently money don't bother him.
It's a great signing for a club in our position.

jayzus...our fans sometimes!!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Aston Villa to sign Micah Richards - CONFIRMED - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa to sign Micah Richards - CONFIRMED - Page 2 Empty Re: Aston Villa to sign Micah Richards - CONFIRMED

Post by Dgrizzle7 Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:59 pm

smetro wrote:
Mazrim wrote:Do you really think Micah Richards is crap - on a par with Habib Beye and Emile Heskey?
Or are you saying these things to get a response, as I suspect?

Is your objection that he had an injury? Or that he's crap?
He's way above any of our other defenders, he's won titles, played in the champions league and won caps for England. I'm not going to criticise him for playing less than he might have in his last seasons at City when he had a bad injury and when they were throwing money about, rotating 30m players in and out at a whim - and changing managers.

We're talking about a player who has pace, immense strength, can play RB or CB, a leader, signing for 17th place Villa for about the same money Gabby is on. I don't see the problem.

• I think for £65k pw - he could become as much of a burden to us a Beye\Heske
    For that Salary I think we could get a week in \ week out reliable CB - Not someone who was promising in his early twenties and has flattered to deceive ever since
    I don't see him limiting our goals against tally

Who would you rather see bought in at CB/RB, who will be better than Richards should he sign?
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Aston Villa to sign Micah Richards - CONFIRMED - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by River Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:05 am

We are shit. We finished 17th. Richards is a massive step up in quality. Last summer we signed Senderos, RIchardson, Cole etc. This is much more positive and hopefully better will come after we are taken over too.
River
River

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:37 am

Big calm down pill guys. Just back from work and seems to be loads of squabbling going on. Chill the fuck out please.
Have we signed Richards or not ? First question.
2nd question..... Why the fuck is there an argument on this forum, instead of a discussion ?
We are all mates on here. Stop arguing guys and nit picking. Difference of opinion is good but fuck me. Behave please.
This forum was built on good grounds, read the rules for fuck sake. We do it different on here to most forums.
Discuss the post not the poster.
Rules where set and still stand. Like it or not, they will stay the rules.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Aston Villa to sign Micah Richards - CONFIRMED - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:05 am

Reading a lot about him on the Bluemoon forums...

Most Man City fans love him and are sad to see him go. They appreciated his commitment and bravery on the pitch, but unfortunately, injuries have destroyed his career at their club. Many proclaim he could have been one of the best RBs in the world, if it wasn't for his long string of injuries. They still think he's better than Sanga (who has always looked class whenever I've seen him play over the years) but is never fit to play.

His mentality is probably the biggest reason why Sherwood is interested in him. He wants to play, week in and week out, and left for Italy last season to try to do it. Unfortunately, that didn't work out, but here is a quote I found from him on the Bluemoon forum...

The problem at City, in his main position at right back, was Pablo Zabaleta. 'He was number one and I had to accept that,' says Richards. 'He has been outstanding.

'But I just couldn't get my head around being second choice. I'd rather play for a lesser team. I know a lot of players would just take the money at City. But I'd rather take a pay cut and play every week. Ideally you want to be playing at the highest level, in the Champions League and so on.

He still has the potential to be a massive player for us, provided he can stay healthy. This has my stamp of approval. I'd love for him to find his feet again, this time in a Villa shirt. We need leaders in the defense, and I don't think you'll find a better one on a free.
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by WendyOz Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:50 am

Rather have Zabaleta but I like his attitude. Sign him up now.
WendyOz
WendyOz

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie Gray Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:46 am

KMitch wrote:Reading a lot about him on the Bluemoon forums...

Most Man City fans love him and are sad to see him go.  They appreciated his commitment and bravery on the pitch, but unfortunately, injuries have destroyed his career at their club.  Many proclaim he could have been one of the best RBs in the world, if it wasn't for his long string of injuries.  They still think he's better than Sanga (who has always looked class whenever I've seen him play over the years) but is never fit to play.

His mentality is probably the biggest reason why Sherwood is interested in him.  He wants to play, week in and week out, and left for Italy last season to try to do it.  Unfortunately, that didn't work out, but here is a quote I found from him on the Bluemoon forum...

The problem at City, in his main position at right back, was Pablo Zabaleta. 'He was number one and I had to accept that,' says Richards. 'He has been outstanding.

'But I just couldn't get my head around being second choice. I'd rather play for a lesser team. I know a lot of players would just take the money at City. But I'd rather take a pay cut and play every week. Ideally you want to be playing at the highest level, in the Champions League and so on.

He still has the potential to be a massive player for us, provided he can stay healthy.  This has my stamp of approval.  I'd love for him to find his feet again, this time in a Villa shirt.  We need leaders in the defense, and I don't think you'll find a better one on a free.  

This tells me exactly why we should want to sign him, great attitude on the lad. If this is the calibre of signing we're making with a takeover hanging over us then I can't wait to see who else comes in. For a first ever transfer,Tim's done pretty damn well IMO
Jamie Gray

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:46 am

Jamie Gray wrote:

Most Man City fans love him and are sad to see him go.  They appreciated his commitment and bravery on the pitch, but unfortunately, injuries have destroyed his career at their club.  Many proclaim he could have been one of the best RBs in the world, if it wasn't for his long string of injuries.  They still think he's better than Sanga (who has always looked class whenever I've seen him play over the years) but is never fit to play.

His mentality is probably the biggest reason why Sherwood is interested in him.  He wants to play, week in and week out, and left for Italy last season to try to do it.  Unfortunately, that didn't work out, but here is a quote I found from him on the Bluemoon forum...

He still has the potential to be a massive player for us, provided he can stay healthy.  This has my stamp of approval.  I'd love for him to find his feet again, this time in a Villa shirt.  We need leaders in the defense, and I don't think you'll find a better one on a free.  

This tells me exactly why we should want to sign him, great attitude on the lad. If this is the calibre of signing we're making with a takeover hanging over us then I can't wait to see who else comes in. For a first ever transfer,Tim's done pretty damn well IMO

Well said Jamie...couldn't agree with you more.
Can't believe some of the negativity I have seen on Twatter...with people moaning we are paying him too much....crazy, he hasn't even signed yet!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by EviliZe Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:04 am

Dunno if this means anything, but last night my lad noticed that Benteke started following Micah Richards on twitter Aston Villa to sign Micah Richards - CONFIRMED - Page 2 1420239857
EviliZe
EviliZe

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie Gray Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:18 am

ViewFromT2 wrote:
Jamie Gray wrote:

Well said Jamie...couldn't agree with you more.
Can't believe some of the negativity I have seen on Twatter...with people moaning we are paying him too much....crazy, he hasn't even signed yet!

You get the same demograph of fans at every club - the eternal optimists, the eternal pessimists, the not-got-a-clues & those with a balanced view. I'd hope I'm the latter but maybe I'm the former!! I just don't see the negativity with this signing. EVERY signing is a risk, none are guaranteed to be successful, but you look at all the factors in this one I'm struggling to find a down side. With a take over completed & a sizeable transfer fund I'd still think it was a great signing. That's just me though & I accept there are some fitness concerns
Jamie Gray

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:24 am

EviliZe wrote:Dunno if this means anything, but last night my lad noticed that Benteke started following Micah Richards on twitter Aston Villa to sign Micah Richards - CONFIRMED - Page 2 1420239857
Welcome to the site EviliZe. Always good to start with a sleuth!  Very Happy
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:28 am

The man is a beast, and would walk in our team if he signs
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_Spadge Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:41 am

Outstanding signing, and love the quotes on his attitude to playing.

Do think Hutton still has a role to play on the team too, but Richards on a free would be frankly great.

I know he was only the starting right back the first year Man City won the premier league, so some fans must be disappointed not to be able to pay millions for this kind of player or to not have attracted a higher profile right back.

:) :) :)
Mr_Spadge

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:25 am

kimbo wrote:
Mr_Spadge wrote:Outstanding signing, and love the quotes on his attitude to playing.  

Do think Hutton still has a role to play on the team too, but Richards on a free would be frankly great.  

I know he was only the starting right back the first year Man City won the premier league, so some fans must be disappointed not to be able to pay millions for this kind of player or to not have attracted a higher profile right back.  

:) :) :)
Sorry to be pedantic about it, but Zabaleta was right-back when they won the league. If I remember correctly, he actually scored the first goal in *that* game against QPR. Richards was part of the squad though, obviously.

I believe he has been signed as a centre back. This is where he sees his future and was one of the main things he wanted assurance on before signing for anybody. It could well be why he reportedly turned down a bigger offer from Sunderland...and credit to him if that was a deciding factor!
I think he has everything a top centre back needs, size, strength, power, pace...and with a full season of football remaining injury free (please god)....is a shoe in for the England squad next summer.

As Jamie said, even if we had a £150m transfer kitty...Micah Richards on a free would still be a quality signing!!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:27 am

EviliZe wrote:Dunno if this means anything, but last night my lad noticed that Benteke started following Micah Richards on twitter Aston Villa to sign Micah Richards - CONFIRMED - Page 2 1420239857

Brilliant, the devil is in the detail, love it haha!! Aston Villa to sign Micah Richards - CONFIRMED - Page 2 3769219917

Ps Just noticed it was your first post, welcome to TBAR!! Scarf Waving
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Aston Villa to sign Micah Richards - CONFIRMED - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by mark_draper Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:32 am

Great signing and not one that would of happened last summer. Hopefully a sign of things to come.
mark_draper

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:34 am

mark_draper wrote:Great signing and not one that would of happened last summer. Hopefully a sign of things to come.

Exactly right. Was discussing this earlier...this time last year we couldn't afford/attract Joleon Lescott on free...who is a villa fan ffs!!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:36 am

I'll add my welcome to the others. Good to have you on board. Aston Villa to sign Micah Richards - CONFIRMED - Page 2 3769219917
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:48 am

ViewFromT2 wrote:
mark_draper wrote:Great signing and not one that would of happened last summer. Hopefully a sign of things to come.

Exactly right. Was discussing this earlier...this time last year we couldn't afford/attract Joleon Lescott on free...who is a villa fan ffs!!

That's a good comparison, similar reported wages (between the 90k and the 65k figures we've seen) and Lambert said out of our league, people that think we are in for that kind of player are out of their mind..........or words to that effect!!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by mark_draper Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:53 am

Very good points made by both of you.

Definitely a shift in the right direction.

However, Cleverley has gone, Vlaar and Benteke likely to go too. So could be taking that into account. Not forgetting D.Bent's wages too.
mark_draper

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:59 am

He has started following Thomas Vermaelen aswell since following Richards...weird as they have played together long enough, and not like Vermaelen has just joined twitter....maybe he is coming too...! Scarf Waving
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:06 pm

GadgetMan wrote:
ViewFromT2 wrote:

That's a good comparison, similar reported wages (between the 90k and the 65k figures we've seen) and Lambert said out of our league, people that think we are in for that kind of player are out of their mind..........or words to that effect!!

I remember those days "We can't compete for those kind of players"
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:15 pm

This is old news .... we made a bid for Micah Richards back in 2009 and were turned down! Very Happy

There would be a little bit of irony if we now got him on a 'free transfer' at an age when he should be in his prime years.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:05 pm

A Tweet from Pete:

Aston Villa to sign Micah Richards - CONFIRMED - Page 2 Pc10
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:16 pm

kimbo wrote:A Tweet from Pete:

Aston Villa to sign Micah Richards - CONFIRMED - Page 2 Pc10

Now I'm starting to believe! Good old Pete. Aston Villa to sign Micah Richards - CONFIRMED - Page 2 3769219917
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next