The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Aston Villa to sign Micah Richards - CONFIRMED

+35
Leafs1201
avfc85
Mikethevillan
tbarrules
Villa_Dan
jeffvilla
HarryAVFC
bruka
VillaBill
Kakacroom
Morpheus
bazzah
Synopsis
Trotters
ejs1111
mark_draper
Mr_Spadge
kimbo
EviliZe
WendyOz
KMitch
NARLA24
River
ViewFromT2
Wigteke
Dgrizzle7
ember
Mazrim
Jamie Gray
villabromsgrove
GadgetMan
thegaffer6
AntJac
smetro
Born Under The Holte End
39 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Aston Villa to sign Micah Richards - CONFIRMED Empty Aston Villa to sign Micah Richards - CONFIRMED

Post by Born Under The Holte End Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:15 pm

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-sign-micah-richards-5866880

Sport Football Aston Villa transfer news
Aston Villa agree Micah Richards deal after defender rejects lucrative Sunderland switch
19:34, 11 JUNE 2015
BY DARREN LEWIS
Richards was offered a big money deal on Wearside but he has opted for a lesser pay cheque at Villa following a personal intervention from Tim Sherwood.
After a season at Fiorentina, Richards is returning to the Premier League
Micah Richards has agreed to join Aston Villa after turning down a lucrative deal from Sunderland.

Sunderland had offered the right back around £90,000-a-week, but he chose Villa - and a deal understood to be around £65,000-a-week - after a personal intervention from Tim Sherwood.

The sought-after 26-year-old, had also been pursued by West Ham following his release from Manchester City.

The Villa boss is understood to have convinced Richards that he would play a key role in his new-look side and that he would be helped in his bid to break back into the England picture.

Richards has been at Italian club Fiorentina on loan but has made just 20 appearances for the Serie A club.

He has been keen to come back to the Premier League for some time, despite interest from Inter Milan, managed by his former City boss Roberto Mancini.
Born Under The Holte End
Born Under The Holte End

Aston Villa to sign Micah Richards - CONFIRMED 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa to sign Micah Richards - CONFIRMED Empty Re: Aston Villa to sign Micah Richards - CONFIRMED

Post by smetro Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:25 pm

well we were wasting money on Bents wages - now I guess we will waste them on Michah Richards

Hope hes not brought to replace Vlaar - because he's worst at CB.

£65K PW - Jesus Wept !
smetro
smetro

Aston Villa to sign Micah Richards - CONFIRMED 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa to sign Micah Richards - CONFIRMED Empty Re: Aston Villa to sign Micah Richards - CONFIRMED

Post by AntJac Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:27 pm

I'd rather have Micah Richards at right back than the Scottish Thug and Bacuna (who needs to play up on the wing)
AntJac

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:30 pm

AntJac wrote:I'd rather have Micah Richards at right back than the Scottish Thug and Bacuna (who needs to play up on the wing)

Really ,

Mind you until we get someone who can organise and coach the defence I don't suppose it matters who the players are.....
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by AntJac Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:33 pm

I dread whenever Hatchet Hutton plays. And i think i'm safe in speculating i speak for a lot of the Villa fans who watch every week when i say that.
AntJac

Back to top Go down

Post by Born Under The Holte End Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:34 pm

If it's the Micah Richards that started so brightly at Man City, then it will be a good signing.

It also seems to point to Tim Sherwood being our manager at the start of the season.

Personally, I would like to see him play as a full-back.
Born Under The Holte End
Born Under The Holte End

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:45 pm

wow, the negativity about our players/future players is shocking lol, Richards is just about to turn 27 has Premiership experience, is strong, quick and committed so for a free is great business, he was losing himself at Man City but a trip to Italy will have made him stronger, if he signs I expect him to be a great addition. Hutton again isn't as bad as some Villa fans make out, he had a poor end to the season due to being rushed back from injury for the large part was one of our better players.
avfc85
avfc85

Aston Villa to sign Micah Richards - CONFIRMED 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by thegaffer6 Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:10 pm

Very happy with this if true, our defence have been pushovers for too long... Think Richards might add a bit of steel!
thegaffer6
thegaffer6

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:14 pm

Just amended the title to reflect that he's not actually signed yet, will change it if and when he does. Good player and we don't actually know how much, so like the shirt sponsor, I'm not going to speculate on that or get in a tizzy over it as we don't KNOW!! (Theme of the day ha)
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Born Under The Holte End Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:24 pm

GadgetMan wrote:Just amended the title to reflect that he's not actually signed yet, will change it if and when he does. Good player and we don't actually know how much, so like the shirt sponsor, I'm not going to speculate on that or get in a tizzy over it as we don't KNOW!! (Theme of the day ha)

Yes I can understand why you have amended the thread title.

I copied and pasted it directly from the Mirror as at the rime it seemed like a done deal!?

If it doesn't go through then Darren Lewis will certainly look foolish.  

Personally I think it will.
Born Under The Holte End
Born Under The Holte End

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:28 pm

If Villa are trying to make bigger name signings than usual, then we probably have to take a chance on players who have fallen from grace. Richards was too good for us at his best, so if he's fully fit and has rediscovered his appetite for the game he could turn out to be a decent signing if it happens.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie Gray Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:29 pm

Good age, great pedigree, miles better than we have, free transfer - great signing, no brainier. What's there to be negative about this?
Jamie Gray

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:39 pm

Born Under The Holte End wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:Just amended the title to reflect that he's not actually signed yet, will change it if and when he does. Good player and we don't actually know how much, so like the shirt sponsor, I'm not going to speculate on that or get in a tizzy over it as we don't KNOW!! (Theme of the day ha)

Yes I can understand why you have amended the thread title.

I copied and pasted it directly from the Mirror as at the rime it seemed like a done deal!?

If it doesn't go through then Darren Lewis will certainly look foolish.  

Personally I think it will.

Yeah no problem re the title, just a little housekeeping for us and I think you're right, he will sign. Hope so Aston Villa to sign Micah Richards - CONFIRMED 3769219917
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:05 pm

smetro wrote:well we were wasting money on Bents wages - now I guess we will waste them on Michah Richards

£65K PW - Jesus Wept !

Aston Villa to sign Micah Richards - CONFIRMED Sad_clown
Mazrim
Mazrim

Aston Villa to sign Micah Richards - CONFIRMED 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:18 pm

Mazrim wrote:
smetro wrote:well we were wasting money on Bents wages - now I guess we will waste them on Michah Richards

£65K PW - Jesus Wept !

Wots that supposed to mean billy big bollox ?

and while were at it - whats your seat number (assuming you go to the games)
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:23 pm

smetro wrote:
Mazrim wrote:

£65K PW - Jesus Wept !

Aston Villa to sign Micah Richards - CONFIRMED Just-say-no-to-negative-thinking
avfc85
avfc85

Back to top Go down

Post by ember Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:26 pm

smetro wrote:
Mazrim wrote:

£65K PW - Jesus Wept !

and while were at it - whats your seat number  (assuming you go to the games)

Laughing at You Popcorn
ember
ember

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:36 pm

Care to explain those comments Smetro? if you have a problem with Maz, take it up with him over PM, not on the forum and not in that manner.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:41 pm

smetro wrote:
Mazrim wrote:

£65K PW - Jesus Wept !

Why, are you going to come and beat me up? Rolling Eyes

It's just what I'm reminded of when reading your posts. It's not malicious or anything. What my seat has to do with anything (or the size of my testicles) is anybody's guess. Please enlighten me.
Mazrim
Mazrim

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:53 pm

Mazrim wrote:
smetro wrote:
Mazrim wrote:

£65K PW - Jesus Wept !

Why, are you going to come and beat me up? Rolling Eyes

It's just what I'm reminded of when reading your posts. It's not malicious or anything. What my seat has to do with anything is anybody's guess. Please enlighten me.

Why ?

Because I think a guy who is reportedly going to be our top earner has scarcely completed a full season in the last 5 years ? - I don't think he will help tighten up our defence, but I have previously stated if he does I will happily admit I misjudged him and got it wrong ? - I wouldn't have thought that's amongst the most controversial of posts - so can only assume your clown picture has some other agenda than you and I disagreeing on the merits of a player.

smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:10 pm

IMO richards is a step up to what we have curently at the villa

Last edited by Dgrizzle7 on Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:25 pm

Do you really think Micah Richards is crap - on a par with Habib Beye and Emile Heskey?
Or are you saying these things to get a response, as I suspect?

Is your objection that he had an injury? Or that he's crap?
He's way above any of our other defenders, he's won titles, played in the champions league and won caps for England. I'm not going to criticise him for playing less than he might have in his last seasons at City when he had a bad injury and when they were throwing money about, rotating 30m players in and out at a whim - and changing managers.

We're talking about a player who has pace, immense strength, can play RB or CB, a leader, signing for 17th place Villa for about the same money Gabby is on. I don't see the problem.
Mazrim
Mazrim

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:39 pm

Mazrim wrote:Do you really think Micah Richards is crap - on a par with Habib Beye and Emile Heskey?
Or are you saying these things to get a response, as I suspect?

Is your objection that he had an injury? Or that he's crap?
He's way above any of our other defenders, he's won titles, played in the champions league and won caps for England. I'm not going to criticise him for playing less than he might have in his last seasons at City when he had a bad injury and when they were throwing money about, rotating 30m players in and out at a whim - and changing managers.

We're talking about a player who has pace, immense strength, can play RB or CB, a leader, signing for 17th place Villa for about the same money Gabby is on. I don't see the problem.

• I think for £65k pw - he could become as much of a burden to us a Beye\Heske
    For that Salary I think we could get a week in \ week out reliable CB - Not someone who was promising in his early twenties and has flattered to deceive ever since
    I don't see him limiting our goals against tally
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Wigteke Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:47 pm

I think we all need to take a step back and realise the situation we're in. Right now we're not going to attract Europe's finest.... Should this go through a massive step in the right direction (IMO)

Wigteke
Wigteke
Wigteke

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:54 pm

Wigteke wrote:I think we all need to take a step back and realise the situation we're in. Right now we're not going to attract Europe's finest.... Should this go through a massive step in the right direction (IMO)

Wigteke

Aston Villa to sign Micah Richards - CONFIRMED 3769219917
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next