The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

7 Days of Villa (1)

Go down

7 Days of Villa (1) Empty 7 Days of Villa (1)

Friday, 13th February

Welcome to the first entry of ‘7 days of Villa’ – basically every Friday I will be reviewing the previous Friday though to Thursday (I do parts of it as the week goes on, hence why some of it is in the 'present tense') for you; sometimes I’ll keep it brief, sometimes I’ll go off on enormous tangents, either way you’ll hopefully enjoy it   :)

It’s an eventful time to begin; just a few days ago, Paul Lambert was removed from the club. BOOM!

Tim Sherwood appears to be a massive favourite, but that’s not the first time we’ve seen that, so it remains to be seen if it’s all for a big fat nothing like it’s been at other clubs.

Back at Villa Park, and Scott Marshall has said he will be consulting Lambert about the game. Is this a sabotage mission?!

Saturday, 14th February

Finally, all the Tim Sherwood rumours have led to him taking a job - and it’s ours!

He is splitting opinion almost as much as Paul Lambert did. Paul Lambert was a proven failure over his time at Villa, yet for reasons I have never fathomed, a large part of our fan base stayed loyal to him for the majority of his tenure. In the end, the only way he was able to bring the fans together was to be that bad that everyone wanted him out!

Hopefully Sherwood can have the opposite effect.

Sunday, 15th February

We won! We beat Leicester 2-1 in the FA Cup. Bacuna and Sinclair grabbed the goals before Leicester grabbed a consolation. The game was like night and day. The first half, a Paul Lambert inspired session of drabness. Sherwood had a chat with them at half-time, shook off some of the negative cobwebs and we were a much better team. Tom Cleverley for one put in easily his best 45 minutes in a Villa shirt.

The jury is still out in the eyes of many Villa fans, but that was a great start.

Monday, 16th February

We’re drawn at home to Albion in the quarter-finals of the FA Cup. Bring the noise!

In other news, the U21’s went down 3-0 against Derby. Maybe Sherwood should give the young lads a pep talk too!

Tuesday, 17th February

In not-particularly-surprising news, Scott Marshall leaves the club.

Tim Sherwood discusses the possibility of Jack Grealish being more involved with the first team, but of course didn’t give any guarantees either way. Grealish is someone else who splits fan opinion, and it will be interesting to see how he develops.

Rickie Lambert talks about why he didn’t come to us in the window, basically stating that it was because he didn’t want to call time on his Liverpool career without taking proper time to think about it. He could have been forgiven for saying, “They’ve been rubbish lately and I don’t want to risk being relegated”, but he didn’t; which was nice!

Finally, Randy Lerner flew in. He didn’t stay long and was gone again by the afternoon. It possibly says something about him that the fact he was here is considered newsworthy...

Wednesday, 18th February

The cup game against the Albion is 5.30pm on Saturday 7th March. Fair play Police, that’s potentially pretty risky. Hardly like us v Blues or them v Wolves, but still…

Thursday, 19th February

Mark Robson (first team coach) and Seamus Brady (performance analyst) join the club. The Sherwood revolution begins.

Libor Kozak gives an interview about coming back; he’s another player who splits opinion, but even his most harsh critic will surely wish him well after over a year out – professional footballer is a short career, regardless of riches, so spending over a year injured is a massive shame for any player.

On the night, the Villa Trust AGM happened, which I attended. A quick word on that – the Trust needs more members and more of a voice. They added in new directors yesterday, which can only help, and I look forward to seeing how it develops. Finally, there was a very interesting Q&A with Tom Fox, who I was very impressed with.

More about the session can be found by clicking on this link right here Scarf Waving
kimbo
kimbo

7 Days of Villa (1) 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit