The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

7 Days of Villa (8)

Go down

7 Days of Villa (8) Empty 7 Days of Villa (8)

Friday, 3rd April

4-Day weekend hey? Boom. Anyway, all the talk is about Man Utd and us going there to win. Isn't it about time we got one over on this lot?

Saturday, 4th April

Well we didn't get one over on them today as we lost 3-1.

Sherwood said we were always in the game. I suppose that's true in as much as for the majority of it we were only one goal behind, but I don't think we were ever really in the game. I'm reluctant to get too down on the manager but playing 4-4-2 when Weimann and N'Zogbia are part of that middle 4 is not really going to win games of football, especially against a team like Man U. I will give him the benefit of the doubt and say it's down to injuries, but if Grealish and Gil aren't better options than Weimann and N'Zogbia, then them two may as well retire now.

Sunday, 5th April

Looking back at yesterday takes up most of the morning/early afternoon news, while our crucial upcoming game against QPR takes up the majority of the late afternoon/evening news.

The ladies lost 5-0 at home to Doncaster Belles. Anyone who knows anything about women's football will tell you that was about as likely as us losing at Old Trafford yesterday.

Monday, 6th April

As we look forward to tomorrow, the general consensus is that we must win. However as I have said elsewhere on TBAR toay, while I mostly agree, it IS a better result for us if we draw, so at worst it's a must-not-lose.

Tuesday, 7th April

A 3-3 draw that is great for the neutral and not a bad result for teams around us, but not overly helpful for either side.

However, the psychological affect of staying outside the bottom 3 could be huge for us; had QPR overtaken us and sent us to the bottom 3, it could have been disastrous mentally for the players. 

As for the game itself, well hands up everyone who was surprised that we looked better without Weimann and N'Zogbia in the team? No, come on, keep them up so I can count them...!

The defending was awful though. Bacuna on the first goal, lack of men on the posts for the second goal and Richardson on the third goal were all utterly disgraceful. We should all be very grateful that we have Christian Benteke; I suspect we won't have him for much longer.

Finally, Carles Gil wasn't even in the 18. I don't know what the hell is going on there but this needs sorting; and quickly.

Wednesday, 8th April

Libor Kozak played 67 minutes as we beat Wolves 1-0 in the U21's thanks to a goal from Jerell Sellars.

A Wolves-supporting mate of mine told me that Kozak played quite well, all our best work came through Gil (who went off injured after 50 minutes - he said we didn't look the same afterwards), and that Hepburn-Murphy looked menacing. Apparently Sellars goal was a cracker, too.

Elsewhere, Liverpool beat Blackburn 1-0 at Ewood Park, so it's Plop at Wembley.

Thursday, 9th April

Attentions start to turn to Spurs. I finish with the same thought that I started with - isn't it about time we got one over on this lot?
kimbo
kimbo

7 Days of Villa (8) 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit