The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

A Tale of Continued Woe- Wake up Aston Villa before its too LATE

+12
avfc85
kimbo
Synopsis
Trotters
Denis_B
Green Villan
GadgetMan
R1chuk
Richdalton
villabromsgrove
gdav
HH 8166
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

A Tale of Continued Woe- Wake up Aston Villa before its too LATE - Page 2 Empty Re: A Tale of Continued Woe- Wake up Aston Villa before its too LATE

Post by PathAtTheBackOfTheHolte Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:09 pm

Trotters wrote:
Name me another business where the manager can make mistakes so monumental that he sets negative records over and over and over yet is considered a key member of the team moving forward because he can admit to these mistakes? Not learn from them!

Banking.
PathAtTheBackOfTheHolte
PathAtTheBackOfTheHolte

A Tale of Continued Woe- Wake up Aston Villa before its too LATE - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

A Tale of Continued Woe- Wake up Aston Villa before its too LATE - Page 2 Empty Re: A Tale of Continued Woe- Wake up Aston Villa before its too LATE

Post by Green Villan Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:10 pm

PathAtTheBackOfTheHolte wrote:
Trotters wrote:
Name me another business where the manager can make mistakes so monumental that he sets negative records over and over and over yet is considered a key member of the team moving forward because he can admit to these mistakes? Not learn from them!  

Banking.

Maybe Lambert wanted to be a Banker instead of a footballer, but I think deep down he wants to be a politician, the bollocks he comes out with to the press is Downing street material.
Green Villan
Green Villan

A Tale of Continued Woe- Wake up Aston Villa before its too LATE - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:07 am

PathAtTheBackOfTheHolte wrote:
Trotters wrote:

Banking.

A Tale of Continued Woe- Wake up Aston Villa before its too LATE - Page 2 693198913
Trotters
Trotters

A Tale of Continued Woe- Wake up Aston Villa before its too LATE - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:28 pm

A Happy Birthday to Howard for today!
Trotters
Trotters

A Tale of Continued Woe- Wake up Aston Villa before its too LATE - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Richdalton Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:13 pm

A copy of my latest email sent to Tom Fox today. I doubt it will have any affect but felt it was worth sending, the more he gets the more action he might take!

Dear Mr Fox

Since I sent the below email on 1/12/14 (which I hope you took the time to read) Aston Villa have played 7 matches of which 6 have been against direct rivals (mid/lower table sides) during this period we have scored only 4 goals. We were extremely fortunate to beat Palace on 2/12/14 and our other win came against a terrible Leicester side.

During this period the quality of football has not improved. I have noticed that we have shifted to a more possession based game however unfortunately it is impossible for this to work with the players that Paul Lambert is putting out onto the pitch. We are rigid and seriously lack creativity, flair and invention. The front players and midfielders seriously lack movement; they are rigid and play with fear. Our most creative player is continually left on the bench. I could advise we look at how the best sides approach the game because they're far from rigid but I realise this would be countered with AVFC are not in their league currently so I will direct you to look at Swansea and Southampton both smaller clubs than AVFC but both play with freedom and fluidity! The fact remains our manager is not comfortable playing this way so how can he get the best out of players? His style has always been based around pace and a counter attack which the past 2 ½ years have proved does not work at Villa Park.

We are boring, my youngest son fell asleep during his first game against Sunderland and my eldest told me before Xmas that he wants to support Arsenal because at least he will see some goals. We did not attend the Palace game yesterday and a crowd of 29,000 on new years days is seriously low for AVFC. I am sure that many that witnessed the Sunderland game did not wish to return, maybe they would have if we had seen anything half decent going forward? I can guarantee there are 10,000+ fans stopping away because of the awful football. The prices of tickets are brilliant and I and many others would snap up season tickets if the football we played was more entertaining.

Our great club is being destroyed by the boring football we have to witness week in and week out. This is the managers responsibility, you have lost the fans and the only way to get them back is with a far better brand of football. I believe you are an extremely talented commercial operator so it does not need me to inform you that selling our current brand is far less lucrative than a brand that promotes good football played in a full stadium every other week.

For the sake of our great club I feel that you need to act now or else the decline will continue and gates of 20,000 - 27,000 will become the norm. There is only one action Paul Lambert must go.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you wish to discuss further.

Kind Regards

Richard
Richdalton

A Tale of Continued Woe- Wake up Aston Villa before its too LATE - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:24 pm

Well said Richard. I agree with all of it. I'd encourage others to email too, feel free to post your emails too. In the interests of confidentiality let's not post any replies though, maybe just a brief summary, ie had a reply, loosely said x, y and z

What do others think?
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

A Tale of Continued Woe- Wake up Aston Villa before its too LATE - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:51 pm

Has anyone had replys??
gdav
gdav

A Tale of Continued Woe- Wake up Aston Villa before its too LATE - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:42 pm

gdav wrote:Has anyone had replys??

I'm aware of a couple yes.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

A Tale of Continued Woe- Wake up Aston Villa before its too LATE - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:50 pm

GadgetMan wrote:
gdav wrote:Has anyone had replys??

I'm aware of a couple yes.

That's good at least a few are being read. I've heard nothing back on mine.... Maybe I shouldn't of opened with a joke Laughing
gdav
gdav

A Tale of Continued Woe- Wake up Aston Villa before its too LATE - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:24 pm

Can we at least have an overview of the replies though please?
Mazrim
Mazrim

A Tale of Continued Woe- Wake up Aston Villa before its too LATE - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:17 pm

Mazrim wrote:Can we at least have an overview of the replies though please?

I agree a summary would be useful, just need to be careful not to simply cut and paste private correspondence as I'm sure that would bring an abrupt halt to any replies. From my what I've seen, he talks well and passionately about us and recognises the importance of an attractive product on the pitch. Quite how long PL will remain in charge, given that knowledge is the real proof of if people are being 'heard'.

Whilst I don't think emails will make that much difference, I do feel several hundred well constructed, polite and respectful emails may make a little difference. I know people get all touchy when you mention 'protests' BUT I honestly feel that it's the only way to get rid of this buffoon. sub 20k gates WILL get them listening. Talk with our feet as well as typing with our fingers.

IF everyone I read on social media who seemingly can't stand how things are at present, just didn't go for a few games en mass, it would make a big difference imo. They'll always be those quick to say it won't but when you have all the main sponsorship deals up for grabs, empty stadiums is the last thing our new CEO will want. Let's see how much influence Mr Fox really has....

I'm bored to absolute tears by it all and think the fool is here to stay without strong fan reaction.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:31 pm

#StayAwayDay
gdav
gdav

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:34 pm

gdav wrote:#StayAwayDay

Yes this a would make a clear, peaceful statement. Imagine a sub 20k EPL Game. Board would have to listen. People won't do it though sadly. Happy to moan and yet apathy reigns supreme. Expectations well and truly managed by Lerner and Co. We expect shit now and just happy to plod along. We're f**king Aston Villa and we need to start roaring again. Us fans CAN influence this.....
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:16 am

Tom Fox has made it clear that he does read emails but has also acknowledged that many of them do not invite a response. I think we all know what kind of emails they are!

Richards is good. Whilst the management might argue with the first half, there's no way anyone can argue with either the personal perspective put forward or that of the decline crowds. And it's good that our CEO gets respectful feedback from the typical fan.

In my email I alluded to the generational effect of today's football and Richard touched on it directly by illustrating his son's desire to follow Arsenal as he might get to see goals.

Fox would be a fool to ignore that kind of email. And he's no fool. It may not make a difference in isolation but I do believe that it will be noted along with all the others that have been sent to him (at least those that don't contain too many fucks and shits).
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by EbeneezerGoode Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:33 am

GadgetMan wrote:

Yes this a would make a clear, peaceful statement. Imagine a sub 20k EPL Game. Board would have to listen. People won't do it though sadly. Happy to moan and yet apathy reigns supreme. Expectations well and truly managed by Lerner and Co. We expect shit now and just happy to plod along. We're f**king Aston Villa and we need to start roaring again. Us fans CAN influence this.....

This has been suggested before on here and I was right behind the idea. Unfortunately, the momentum behind the plan on here completely went after a couple of good results. The sad fact is that good results just paper over cracks. We play dire, ineffective football and have scored the lowest number of goals in the English league. Nothing will become of us under this manager and this owner. I also think some people have too much faith in Fox. He looks to be as clueless as the rest of them to me.

We need to send a message to the club. Supporter action needs to take place.
EbeneezerGoode
EbeneezerGoode

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Hall Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:17 am

EbeneezerGoode wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:

This has been suggested before on here and I was right behind the idea. Unfortunately, the momentum behind the plan on here completely went after a couple of good results. The sad fact is that good results just paper over cracks. We play dire, ineffective football and have scored the lowest number of goals in the English league. Nothing will become of us under this manager and this owner. I also think some people have too much faith in Fox. He looks to be as clueless as the rest of them to me.

I agree. Fox came in with all the talk of marketing around the world but how can he market anything related to Villa? He has also made the mistake of saying that the 'top 4', which is a ridiculous group of himself, Lerner, Lambert and Paddy 'who the hell is he' Riley, are confident of future glory. Also they want to keep continuity with the manager. You can continue with Lambert if you are happy with failure. Flogging a dead hors
Dave Hall
Dave Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:13 pm

EbeneezerGoode wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:

Sadly I think you're right EG, hence my nickname of Polyfilla Lambert, just does enough when the shit is about to hit the fan. That's the problem though, that's all he'll ever achieve.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Richdalton Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:37 pm

Thanks for the comments regarding my email. I have not received a reply from either email.

Leicester is a huge game, we have a tough run after that. Leicester are in better shape than when we played them at VP but after no wins in 5 surely if he loses this the pressure becomes too much! UTV
Richdalton

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2