The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Palace v Villa: Will the groundhog remain?

+23
kimbo
Morpheus
The Great white walnut
Mazrim
Con
LVBrit
ember
thegaffer6
Jae1411
gdav
Green Villan
Wigteke
NARLA24
South London Villan
mefromhere
Nick_the_VILLAN
Stratfordvilla
FoxyAV
Thinman
Villa_Dan
VillaBill
villabromsgrove
Trotters
27 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Go on then, have your 2 cents.

Palace v Villa: Will the groundhog remain?  I_vote_lcap43%Palace v Villa: Will the groundhog remain?  I_vote_rcap 43% 
[ 9 ]
Palace v Villa: Will the groundhog remain?  I_vote_lcap33%Palace v Villa: Will the groundhog remain?  I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 7 ]
Palace v Villa: Will the groundhog remain?  I_vote_lcap24%Palace v Villa: Will the groundhog remain?  I_vote_rcap 24% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 21

Palace v Villa: Will the groundhog remain?  Empty Palace v Villa: Will the groundhog remain?

Post by Trotters Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:42 pm

We have to win sooner or later, right? This non-winning streak has to end at some stage surely?

I'm going for a win just because....well, odds!
Trotters
Trotters

Palace v Villa: Will the groundhog remain?  5_star13

Back to top Go down

Palace v Villa: Will the groundhog remain?  Empty Re: Palace v Villa: Will the groundhog remain?

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:14 pm

I've gone for a groundhog day draw as I think we've probably found our level. Down among the dead beats!
villabromsgrove

Palace v Villa: Will the groundhog remain?  4_star10

Back to top Go down

Palace v Villa: Will the groundhog remain?  Empty Re: Palace v Villa: Will the groundhog remain?

Post by VillaBill Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:26 pm

Draw at best , I fear Palace will have too much for us !
Thanks Mr Lambert !
VillaBill
VillaBill

Palace v Villa: Will the groundhog remain?  2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:49 pm

I've gone for a draw as I expect even with Tekkers back Lambo will drop Cole to "rest" him.

If he drops Gabby/Weimann and plays CB20 and Cole together then I think we nick it.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:31 pm

We'll take the lead. Will then play tremendous football. Cole will be sensational. Then we'll lose 2-1 but we go again.

I will cut and paste this for every future game where Lambert is still in charge.
Thinman
Thinman

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:32 pm

I've gone for a Palace win because really I haven't a clue. Keane buggers off and we have two new faces on the pitch who do very well, plus Okore and Clark seem to be doing remarkably well as they both haven't had much time on the pitch and not together and could actually turn into a decent central defensive pair. Looking back at the last match I think the team did well in spite of Lambert, not because of his planning, training and tactic. Which team will turn up on Tuesday? Hopefully the same back four. Cleverley and Westwood played well last time out although Sanchez had a shocker. I'd still play him on Tuesday because he's had a few good games recently. Since we all know we'll be watching a 4-3-3, I'll say Gabby, Benteke and hope neither Wiemann (who I actually still like if he were played in the middle) or N'Zog (who I can only assume playes as a result of a lost bet or because it's in his contract) appears but we have Cole or Grealish (or possibly one substituting the other again) floating around doing his thing. Benteke and Gabby prefer the left side though, so perhaps we'll just see the same Gabby, Benteke, Wiemann lineup again.

I do really like Wiemann, I just share his frustration at being played out of position and with the way Lambert sets up the team.

In fact while I'm here, that other poacher Bent looked good for Brighton against Fulham. Bent cost us a fortune and had some excellent attempts at goal. Yes, I know Fulham are in the Championship but a lot of that team is the same one that pulled off the double on us last season. Like Benteke, Bent is the kind of player you can build a team around. It's such a shame Lambert doesn't have enough faith in the team to try to build it to play around either Bent or Benteke, not to expect Bent to slot into the formation built around Benteke. Having said that I'm sure Benteke would work in a 4-4-2. Bennett pulled off some nice moves too, I wonder if we'll see him back at some point.

I digress. We could clobber Palace, grab an early goal and concede 10 minutes from the end or defend valiantly for the entire match to see them score a winner in the 92nd minute. Who knows? I think Lambert has some good players in the squad and ideally we either see him sacked or him actually starting to do something with them. At the moment we're seeing the same old rubbish from a slightly different squad to last year and the year before.

I appear to have both digressed and gone off on a rant. Sorry!
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Stratfordvilla Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:59 pm

Spot on!
If one post sums up our frustration , this is it.
We have the players but no plan. It's bizzare that we have more faith in the players than the manager has, it's usually the other way round.
Stratfordvilla

Palace v Villa: Will the groundhog remain?  0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick_the_VILLAN Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:17 pm

just seen this hopefully hear it from the away fans on tuesday night
Nick_the_VILLAN
Nick_the_VILLAN

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:27 pm

Stratfordvilla wrote:Spot on!
If one post sums up our frustration , this is it.
We have the players but no plan. It's bizzare that we have more faith in the players than the manager has, it's usually the other way round.

I agree. We have the players to beat Crystal Palace, if only we could stop Lambert from getting to the match we might just get three points!
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:32 pm

Is it just me or did we not start to play better football last year when Karsa and Culverhouse were sacked last year? It seems to me that maybe Lambert has some good ideas but they're lost on the training ground because that's all done by his assistant.
If we play well tomorrow with a good attacking shape then I think he should keep his job and be banned from hiring any more staff. Saturday was a massive improvement on Monday so hope he keeps it up
mefromhere
mefromhere

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:32 pm

The last time we beat Palace at Selhurst was 27th September 1980. A good season was had that year
South London Villan
South London Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:02 pm

That's the commentators intro sorted out then.

"Hello and welcome to Selhurst Park where the home team face a struggling Aston Villa...a team who haven't won on this ground in over 34 years"
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:33 pm

I know I'm turning into a boring old fart but I think we'll scrape a result just because if we don't Lambert might just get the chop.

Lambert's Luck and all that .... He get's nothing when he's got a bit of breathing space, and then miraculously he scrapes up something when his neck's on the chopping block!
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:53 am

I've just had a look on a Palace forum and the overwhelming majority think they'll win. The only thinking otherwise is down to Sod's law and us being winless for so long.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:20 am

Ive gone for a "Fuck my old boots, we actually won" vote.
We are going to bloody hammer them by 3 clear goals.
Now, back to bed whilst i wait for the nurse to arrive. affraid
NARLA24
NARLA24

Palace v Villa: Will the groundhog remain?  5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:51 am

It's been said before and hopefully it won't need to be said again but....

Would I accept a defeat tonight if it meant the end if Lambert?

Would I accept a heavy defeat tonight if it meant his departure?

And the answer is a most definite yes to both questions.

I suspect I'm in good company.
Thinman
Thinman

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:31 am

And it's growing company.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:17 pm

I think we need divine intervention tonight, for all the wrong reasons. It feels dirty praying for a loss (and again on Saturday) but that's what it's going to take to get rid of Lambert.

BUT, HANG ON A MINUTE.... Can Lerner be trusted to pick the right manager this time? Errm excuse me God, ignore all those prayers wafting up from sunny Bromsgrove, I'll take the six points please.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Wigteke Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:28 pm

Thinman wrote:It's been said before and hopefully it won't need to be said again but....

Would I accept a defeat tonight if it meant the end if Lambert?

Would I accept a heavy defeat tonight if it meant his departure?

And the answer is a most definite yes to both questions.

I suspect I'm in good company.

Worst thing they did since appointing Lambert was offer him an extension!

Draw for me at the most. I think Benteke will be on fire as he will be looking for a way out come January...
Wigteke
Wigteke

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:56 pm

Everyone is writing us off tonight and talk of pressure on Lambert in the media is gathering pace. We have in parts looked ok in the last 4 games, Spurs got a deflected free kick after we went down to 10 men, the defence with Okore and Clark looks ok if we can maintain concentration and stop giving away silly fouls within striking distance we might be able to nick this. Stamina will be key, we can't seem to last the full 90 and the last 15 minutes have been squeeky bum all season. 2 early goals by the beast and then hang on for a white knuckle ride to the end with them throwing everything including the kitchen sink with last nights washing up and a bottle of fairy liquid thrown in for good measure at us, Bolaisie and Chamakh getting a couple in the last 10 minutes.
South London Villan
South London Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:18 pm

South London Villan wrote:Everyone is writing us off tonight and talk of pressure on Lambert in the media is gathering pace. We have in parts looked ok in the last 4 games, Spurs got a deflected free kick after we went down to 10 men, the defence with Okore and Clark looks ok if we can maintain concentration and stop giving away silly fouls within striking distance we might be able to nick this. Stamina will be key, we can't seem to last the full 90 and the last 15 minutes have been squeeky bum all season. 2 early goals by the beast and then hang on for a white knuckle ride to the end with them throwing everything including the kitchen sink with last nights washing up and a bottle of fairy liquid thrown in for good measure at us, Bolaisie and Chamakh getting a couple in the last 10 minutes.
I think I could accept any result except leading until the last quarter of the game, then sitting deeper and deeper and finally throwing our lead away .... Again!

Palace v Villa: Will the groundhog remain?  1715320296
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:24 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
South London Villan wrote:Everyone is writing us off tonight and talk of pressure on Lambert in the media is gathering pace. We have in parts looked ok in the last 4 games, Spurs got a deflected free kick after we went down to 10 men, the defence with Okore and Clark looks ok if we can maintain concentration and stop giving away silly fouls within striking distance we might be able to nick this. Stamina will be key, we can't seem to last the full 90 and the last 15 minutes have been squeeky bum all season. 2 early goals by the beast and then hang on for a white knuckle ride to the end with them throwing everything including the kitchen sink with last nights washing up and a bottle of fairy liquid thrown in for good measure at us, Bolaisie and Chamakh getting a couple in the last 10 minutes.
I think I could accept any result except leading until the last quarter of the game, then sitting deeper and deeper and finally throwing our lead away .... Again!

VB, you know though, you just know that if we have a sniff of 3 points recent form will dictate that it will be a fantastic performance from the lads, can't ask for any more, the supporters have been brilliant, this is a massive club, we have to push on and try again, it was great to have Christian back, Gabby was brilliant, big game at the weekend...........................................
South London Villan
South London Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:05 pm

South London Villan wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:

VB, you know though, you just know that if we have a sniff of 3 points recent form will dictate that it will be a fantastic performance from the lads, can't ask for any more, the supporters have been brilliant, this is a massive club, we have to push on and try again, it was great to have Christian back, Gabby was brilliant, big game at the weekend...........................................
I was born in Carshalton South London Villa, so Palace should be my second team. Very Happy

Sod it, after reading your post, I've just put Benteke in as captain of my Fantasy League team, and I've opened a can of lager at 4pm! I've decided to enjoy tonight whatever happens. UTV! Scarf Waving Beer Drink :moon: cheers Palace v Villa: Will the groundhog remain?  1815562058 Scarf Waving
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:22 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:

I was born in Carshalton South London Villa, so Palace should be my second team. Very Happy

I used to live in Wallington, drank in the Dukes Head. Ever fall in the pond?

Sod it, after reading your post, I've just put Benteke in as captain of my Fantasy League team, and I've opened a can of lager at 4pm! I've decided to enjoy tonight whatever happens. UTV! Scarf Waving Beer Drink :moon: cheers Palace v Villa: Will the groundhog remain?  1815562058 Scarf Waving
South London Villan
South London Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:42 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:

I used to live in Wallington, drank in the Dukes Head. Ever fall in the pond?

I've been in it a couple of times if you mean the one in Grove Park, we used to go boating on it. I'm an old codger so things have probably changed considerably.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next