The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Burnley Vs Villa

+17
CoE82
LVBrit
UnclePanda
thegaffer6
Cha Ching
VillaBill
The Utterer
achilles
mefromhere
FoxyAV
Green Villan
gdav
villabromsgrove
Villa_Dan
Synopsis
KMitch
Trotters
21 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Predict the result

Burnley Vs Villa - Page 3 I_vote_lcap36%Burnley Vs Villa - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 36% 
[ 10 ]
Burnley Vs Villa - Page 3 I_vote_lcap32%Burnley Vs Villa - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 32% 
[ 9 ]
Burnley Vs Villa - Page 3 I_vote_lcap14%Burnley Vs Villa - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 4 ]
Burnley Vs Villa - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%Burnley Vs Villa - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Burnley Vs Villa - Page 3 I_vote_lcap11%Burnley Vs Villa - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 11% 
[ 3 ]
Burnley Vs Villa - Page 3 I_vote_lcap7%Burnley Vs Villa - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 7% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 28

Burnley Vs Villa - Page 3 Empty Re: Burnley Vs Villa

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:24 pm

Just an observation .... in the last quarter of the game Lambert needed to be on the touchline roaring the team on, almost picking the team up and throwing them at Burnley. Each time the camera cut to him he was sat nervously in the dugout looking like a rabbit in headlights.

Compare that to Sean Dyche who was metaphorically kicking every ball and pulling and pushing his players into place with highly visible hand gestures and loads of shouting. We were playing 12 men towards the end of the game. (and I don't mean the referee).
villabromsgrove

Burnley Vs Villa - Page 3 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:33 pm

VB Lambert is always like that, he just sits there like a gutless moron.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Burnley Vs Villa - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:34 pm

The difference between Joe Cole against Leyton Orient and Joe Cole today was amazing.

Nice to see Grealish on as well, it will be good if we can get both of them playing together a bit in some games.
kimbo
kimbo

Burnley Vs Villa - Page 3 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:36 pm

What position was Cole playing today?
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:39 pm

Green Villan wrote:What position was Cole playing today?
In the hole.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:40 pm

Most effective place for him to be honest, he looked really sharp, can't argue with the sub but annoyed at the result.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:42 pm

Grealish is getting a kicking on another post match forum. I don't understand that reaction. Cole had to come off he was knackered.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:43 pm

Based on what, exactly?
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:50 pm

achilles wrote:"Villa are winless in their last eight matches, following up six defeats in a row with successive draws. They have never endured a nine-match league streak without a victory under Paul Lambert."

Another record to be set tomorrow?

New record set! Burnley Vs Villa - Page 3 1662365926
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:56 pm

I think Cole subbed off was the right thing to do, he probably would have picked up an injury had he played the full 90, no I hate Lambert but that sub was right in my eyes.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:59 pm

kimbo wrote:Based on what, exactly?
According to general opinion. He should go back to Luton?????? He cost us the game .... he's overrated .... can't see what people see in him .... we would have won if Cole had stayed on (subbed because he was breathing out of his arse by then) and more of that ilk!
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:01 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
According to general opinion. He should go back to Luton?????? He cost us the game .... he's overrated .... can't see what people see in him .... we would have won if Cole had stayed on (subbed because he was breathing out of his arse by then) and more of that ilk!

What a bunch of bloody idiots!
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:08 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:

I don't know what some people see when they watch the Villa. I'd have loved Cole to stay on but he was dead on his feet and had to come off, I'm surprised Lambo threw Grealish on rather than a defender considering he's such a negative sugarbag. Grealish didn't pull up any trees today but he did fuck all wrong and, at a time we were under the cosh, he was one of the few players always showing for and wanting the ball.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:10 pm

100% agree Dan, I was shocked to see Grealish come on, I thought to myself "he's actually made a good sub".
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:19 pm

Grealish did well ... Don't know what more you can ask me somebody who has basically been told he isn't good enough for 3 months! Would love to see him and Cole on together at some time. Benteke has to go straight in for Weimann on Tuesday though. Just has to
mefromhere
mefromhere

Burnley Vs Villa - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:20 pm

Burnley Vs Villa - Page 3 Paul-Lambert-watches-his-Aston-Villa-side

Paul Lambert has vowed to ‘find a solution’ and end Villa’s winless run.

The claret and blues put in their best performance of the season but were still unable to secure three points after late drama at Turf Moor.

Joe Cole opened the scoring only for Danny Ings to level from the penalty spot late on and Villa were somehow left clinging onto a point as the clock ran down.

That frustrated the travelling fans who turned on the boss late on despite passionately backing their side before.

Admitting that the chants of ‘We want Lambert out’ were not pleasant to hear, the boss said:

“The whole game they were unbelievable then you lose the goal and that’s what can happen.

“That’s football. It’s sport.

“You don’t like it and it’s not nice to hear, but it’s sport. And football is a game.

“You have to dust yourself down and go for it again.

“That was a game that got away from us. It was the best we have played in a few weeks.

“I thought we should have been two or three up at half time.

“Some of the football we played was outstanding.

“Then in the last few minutes Burnley put us on the back foot and we could have lost it.

“That would have been an absolute travesty.

“For most of the game we played really well.

“I think in terms of flowing football, we were excellent,

“The movement was great and I wish Joe Cole was five years younger but I couldn’t have afforded him!

“He was fantastic, I knew he’d tire, but he was great.”

Lambert remained upbeat after the game and remained in good spirits despite the winless run extending.

Three draws in the last three games has slighted lifted spirits but the fans are still frustrated with the results.

“Those guys pay their money,” said Lambert.

“I know this football club is huge and expectancy levels are huge.

“We’re not matching those levels so it’s normal (to react like that).

“I will do the best I can to find the solution.

“We’re sitting joint 13th I think, there’s miles to go in the table.

“We had six players out but Clark and Okore carried on where they left off even though Jores gave away the penalty.

“When we get players back from injury lets see what happens in the end.”

Meanwhile Sean Dyche believes that Villa are still a team who are fighting despite their recent form.

He said: “They are certainly not a team that is broken that#s for sure. There is a belief there.

“I thought they were very strong first half and I spoke to my players about that.

“I saw them on Monday and before that, there is certainly no lack of energy and belief of what they are doing.

“After a good start, maybe they have lacked a cutting edge like us in recent time.

“As the game went on they looked nervous, and were on the ropes but generally they looked like a good side.”

Source: http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-paul-lambert-responds-8199530
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:26 pm

Cole was too good for Gabby and Weimann today - his footballing brain is a class apart. Benteke? He could work REALLY FUCKING WELL with CB20
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:31 pm

Grealish did just fine, he kept the ball well and showed movement whilst doing so. The problem is he has been so hyped that a moronic section of our fan base will complain every time he's not Ronaldo.
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:32 pm

One thing that was confirmed today was that these players can play good football at times admittedly against poor opposition. The problem is that Lambert's usual tactic denies them the opportunity to play this way more often.

I've heard the "our players aren't good enough" argument many times, but today showed that it's Lambert's leadership that is the big weakness.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by thegaffer6 Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:50 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:Cole was too good for Gabby and Weimann today - his footballing brain is a class apart. Benteke? He could work REALLY FUCKING WELL with CB20

That makes far too much sense for Lambert to try it though! Re the Cole substitution, agree it was the right call. When he signed we all knew he wasn't up to 90 minutes of Prem football but would make for an interesting impact player.
thegaffer6
thegaffer6

Burnley Vs Villa - Page 3 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:03 pm

I thought Cleverley and Grealish did well today but Hutton and Cole were excellent. I suspect Westwood played well but he just flies along under the radar. Shame about Okore's foul.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:07 pm

Hutton is player of the season so far. He's a beast of a RB
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:28 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:Hutton is player of the season so far. He's a beast of a RB

The same player that has been on loan for most of his Villa career, how much money have we wasted on trying to replace him?

This club is an utter mess!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Morpheus Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:44 pm

Green Villan wrote:

Burnley Vs Villa - Page 3 Paul-Lambert-watches-his-Aston-Villa-side

Paul Lambert has vowed to ‘find a solution’ and end Villa’s winless run.

The claret and blues put in their best performance of the season but were still unable to secure three points after late drama at Turf Moor.

Joe Cole opened the scoring only for Danny Ings to level from the penalty spot late on and Villa were somehow left clinging onto a point as the clock ran down.

That frustrated the travelling fans who turned on the boss late on despite passionately backing their side before.

Admitting that the chants of ‘We want Lambert out’ were not pleasant to hear, the boss said:

“The whole game they were unbelievable then you lose the goal and that’s what can happen.

“That’s football. It’s sport.

“You don’t like it and it’s not nice to hear, but it’s sport. And football is a game.

“You have to dust yourself down and go for it again.

“That was a game that got away from us. It was the best we have played in a few weeks.

“I thought we should have been two or three up at half time.

“Some of the football we played was outstanding.

“Then in the last few minutes Burnley put us on the back foot and we could have lost it.

“That would have been an absolute travesty.

“For most of the game we played really well.

“I think in terms of flowing football, we were excellent,

“The movement was great and I wish Joe Cole was five years younger but I couldn’t have afforded him!

“He was fantastic, I knew he’d tire, but he was great.”

Lambert remained upbeat after the game and remained in good spirits despite the winless run extending.

Three draws in the last three games has slighted lifted spirits but the fans are still frustrated with the results.

“Those guys pay their money,” said Lambert.

“I know this football club is huge and expectancy levels are huge.

“We’re not matching those levels so it’s normal (to react like that).

“I will do the best I can to find the solution.

“We’re sitting joint 13th I think, there’s miles to go in the table.

“We had six players out but Clark and Okore carried on where they left off even though Jores gave away the penalty.

“When we get players back from injury lets see what happens in the end.”

Meanwhile Sean Dyche believes that Villa are still a team who are fighting despite their recent form.

He said: “They are certainly not a team that is broken that#s for sure. There is a belief there.

“I thought they were very strong first half and I spoke to my players about that.

“I saw them on Monday and before that, there is certainly no lack of energy and belief of what they are doing.

“After a good start, maybe they have lacked a cutting edge like us in recent time.

“As the game went on they looked nervous, and were on the ropes but generally they looked like a good side.”

Source: http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-paul-lambert-responds-8199530
Expectancy levels are huge eh?

Does anyone at Villa Park really know what the fans think?

We are for the most part a realistic bunch and browsing through many of the Villa forums suggests that presently most would be more than happy to see our team playing decent football while being comfortable in and around the top ten if the investment stays the same.

So where are these huge expectancy levels Lambert keeps mentioning in almost every interview now? Either he and the board are completely out of touch with us and reality or Lambert is using this as an excuse because he can't get the team to play consistently well enough to achieve decent results?

In my opinion it is a bit of both and it's about time somebody has a word in Lambert's ear about this before he misrepresents us any further.
Morpheus
Morpheus

Burnley Vs Villa - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:53 pm

Does sound a bit of both mate, we all know Lerner has been out of touch with the fans for years, I'm pretty sure he was never in touch with the fans if I'm being honest, he was coasting along on luck. Lambert I just ignore the mumblings he rattles off.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next