The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Aston Villa v Spurs all in one thread. Vent your spleen in here whilst awaiting another pathetic performance

+24
Con
PathAtTheBackOfTheHolte
thegaffer6
Wigteke
KMitch
Morpheus
kimbo
mefromhere
lukevilla
The Utterer
heystally!
Mr_Spadge
villabromsgrove
Trotters
Army villain
Villa_Dan
achilles
NARLA24
Dave Hall
VillaBill
UnclePanda
Dazzle
Thinman
FoxyAV
28 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Time for a peacefull demonstration. We have had enough and will take no more. UTV

Aston Villa v Spurs all in one thread. Vent your spleen in here whilst awaiting another pathetic performance - Page 4 I_vote_lcap6%Aston Villa v Spurs all in one thread. Vent your spleen in here whilst awaiting another pathetic performance - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
Aston Villa v Spurs all in one thread. Vent your spleen in here whilst awaiting another pathetic performance - Page 4 I_vote_lcap8%Aston Villa v Spurs all in one thread. Vent your spleen in here whilst awaiting another pathetic performance - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 8% 
[ 3 ]
Aston Villa v Spurs all in one thread. Vent your spleen in here whilst awaiting another pathetic performance - Page 4 I_vote_lcap69%Aston Villa v Spurs all in one thread. Vent your spleen in here whilst awaiting another pathetic performance - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 69% 
[ 25 ]
Aston Villa v Spurs all in one thread. Vent your spleen in here whilst awaiting another pathetic performance - Page 4 I_vote_lcap17%Aston Villa v Spurs all in one thread. Vent your spleen in here whilst awaiting another pathetic performance - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 36

Poll closed

Aston Villa v Spurs all in one thread. Vent your spleen in here whilst awaiting another pathetic performance - Page 4 Empty Re: Aston Villa v Spurs all in one thread. Vent your spleen in here whilst awaiting another pathetic performance

Post by PathAtTheBackOfTheHolte Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:59 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:
Army villain wrote:Mason head butted Benteke,Benteke retaliated with a slap to the face.

Should've sent both off or neither. Ref was a joke all game

It had two yellows written all over it.
Seen them given for worse handbags than that.
PathAtTheBackOfTheHolte
PathAtTheBackOfTheHolte

Aston Villa v Spurs all in one thread. Vent your spleen in here whilst awaiting another pathetic performance - Page 4 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa v Spurs all in one thread. Vent your spleen in here whilst awaiting another pathetic performance - Page 4 Empty Re: Aston Villa v Spurs all in one thread. Vent your spleen in here whilst awaiting another pathetic performance

Post by Army villain Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:07 pm

PathAtTheBackOfTheHolte wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:
Army villain wrote:Mason head butted Benteke,Benteke retaliated with a slap to the face.

Agree Poor judgment on the ref, what about all the two footed tackles? No impartiality ,one sided,but our team heads dropped when spurs first goal went in, defending was shocking for the free kick.bad day.
Army villain
Army villain

Aston Villa v Spurs all in one thread. Vent your spleen in here whilst awaiting another pathetic performance - Page 4 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:18 pm

Army villain wrote:
PathAtTheBackOfTheHolte wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:

Agree Poor judgment on the ref, what about all the two footed tackles? No impartiality ,one sided,but our team heads dropped when spurs first goal went in, defending was shocking for the free kick.bad day.
I will be nice and gentle here. The ref was a fucking , bastard wank faced disgrace. That's me done. Flogging a dead hors Flogging a dead hors Flogging a dead hors
NARLA24
NARLA24

Aston Villa v Spurs all in one thread. Vent your spleen in here whilst awaiting another pathetic performance - Page 4 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:18 pm

Take this for what it is, a Facebook rumour and nothing more, but people are saying Mason said something to Benteke when he put his head into him and that's why Benteke pushed/slapped him away...

Tekkers should know better but the ref still dropped a bollock all game long. The fat fucking cnut
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Aston Villa v Spurs all in one thread. Vent your spleen in here whilst awaiting another pathetic performance - Page 4 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:21 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:Take this for what it is, a Facebook rumour and nothing more, but people are saying Mason said something to Benteke when he put his head into him and that's why Benteke pushed/slapped him away...

Tekkers should know better but the ref still dropped a bollock all game long. The fat fucking cnut
In that case Benteke should make a formal complaint.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Aston Villa v Spurs all in one thread. Vent your spleen in here whilst awaiting another pathetic performance - Page 4 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Morpheus Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:24 pm

Jamie Redknapp said in the after match summary that we lack quality in certain places and I guess the penny has finally dropped because thats what the fan base have been saying since and before Lambert's tenure.

I sincerely hope therefore that we will not be making that lack of quality worse by giving Manure 8m for Cleverely in January who if i'm going to be polite is distinctly average. There must be better quality midfielders available on the continent for that money.

Concerning the match I couldn't believe how poor Spuds were and if Benteke had stayed on the pitch we wouldn't have lost the game .

Liked N'Zogbia playing in behind Benteke though which definitely gave us more of a thrust going forward but now we won't see that combination again for another three games due to Benteke's suspension and I fear Lambert is now going to be in real trouble without the big man.
Morpheus
Morpheus

Aston Villa v Spurs all in one thread. Vent your spleen in here whilst awaiting another pathetic performance - Page 4 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:29 pm

Morpheus wrote:Jamie Redknapp said in the after match summary that we lack quality in certain places and I guess the penny has finally dropped because thats what the fan base have been saying since and before Lambert's tenure.

I sincerely hope therefore that we will not be making that lack of quality worse by giving Manure 8m for Cleverely in January who if i'm going to be polite is distinctly average. There must be better quality midfielders available on the continent for that money.

Concerning the match I couldn't believe how poor Spuds were and if Benteke had stayed on the pitch we wouldn't have lost the game .

Liked N'Zogbia playing in behind Benteke though which definitely gave us more of a thrust going forward but now we won't see that combination again for another three games due to Benteke's suspension and I fear Lambert is now going to be in real trouble without the big man.
Agreed Morph, 100% pal
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:07 pm

Morpheus wrote:I fear Lambert is now going to be in real trouble without the big man.

Surely we can't be about to see Grealish start a match?! I'd like to see him and Wiemann but I expect it'll be Gabby with Wiemann and N'Zog flanking him.

On the plus side, it was good to see Baker back fit again.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Aston Villa v Spurs all in one thread. Vent your spleen in here whilst awaiting another pathetic performance - Page 4 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:37 pm

FoxyAV wrote:

Y'know it's funny; Baker is easily one of the absolute worst players I have ever seen for Villa, yet I agree with you. THAT is how bad Clark is. Honestly, of all my predictions on players that I used to watch in the reserves, my belief that Clark would turn into a proper player was by far the worst. I think I generally have been right on most (I expected a bit more from Barry Bannan but that's about it) but man oh man did I get Clark wrong.
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Con Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:55 pm

Benteke has had a red card coming for a while.

in previous matches he's been very lucky to get away with elbows and aggressive play that should have been a second yellow or straight red if the ref had seen it/not been so lenient.

hopefully this will make him a better player. he will not be able to play for a team higher than Villa if he is indisciplined. ...unless we get relegated and we sell him to QPR of course.
Con
Con

Aston Villa v Spurs all in one thread. Vent your spleen in here whilst awaiting another pathetic performance - Page 4 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Stratfordvilla Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:17 pm

kimbo wrote:
FoxyAV wrote:

Y'know it's funny; Baker is easily one of the absolute worst players I have ever seen for Villa, yet I agree with you. THAT is how bad Clark is. Honestly, of all my predictions on players that I used to watch in the reserves, my belief that Clark would turn into a proper player was by far the worst. I think I generally have been right on most (I expected a bit more from Barry Bannan but that's about it) but man oh man did I get Clark wrong.

Glad it's not just me. Clark's ability to run away from danger (welbeck / Austin ) actually frightens me.
Stratfordvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Con Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:55 pm

Actually, Tottenham should have had at least two players sent off.

Chadli tackle was worse than I realised. Foot up, straight red any other game.

Mason should have been off for the headbutt on Benteke. Didn't the linesman/fourth official tell the referee about that?

Con
Con

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:33 pm

Has the idiot gone yet? 6 defeats on the spin the last two against a shit bottom of the league team and a woeful Spurs team at home from 1-0 up ... The Lambert comedy continues
The Utterer
The Utterer

Aston Villa v Spurs all in one thread. Vent your spleen in here whilst awaiting another pathetic performance - Page 4 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:13 am

Another quality day out at the Theatre of disappointment Laughing
The Utterer
The Utterer

Aston Villa v Spurs all in one thread. Vent your spleen in here whilst awaiting another pathetic performance - Page 4 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookster Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:39 am

I listened to the game on radio 5. Alan Greens commentry was embarrassing when the incident happened with Benteke and was screaming down the radio for a red card
Wookster
Wookster

Back to top Go down

Post by Morpheus Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:32 am

Con wrote:Benteke has had a red card coming for a while.

in previous matches he's been very lucky to get away with elbows and aggressive play that should have been a second yellow or straight red if the ref had seen it/not been so lenient.

hopefully this will make him a better player. he will not be able to play for a team higher than Villa if he is indisciplined. ...unless we get relegated and we sell him to QPR of course.
Excellent point Con and one I sadly agree with concerning Benteke' being a sending off waiting to happen.

It is also most unfortunate that with his reaction yesterday it will have been noted by Premiership managers and Benteke will get more of the same on his return.

Let's hope for our sake that he will learn from Sunday's game and is in future able to curb his temper when bullied?
Morpheus
Morpheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:00 am

I was pleasantly surprised to see that Lambert had, at long last, given some thought as to the reasons for his ongoing failures and seemed to address them.

However, it was clear that Mason comes from the same bitch factory that made Robbie Savage and the players should have been told at half time not to let him wind them up.

Having said that, the prick was in Benteke's face and even attempted a little girlie headbutt so, in my view, Benteke was well within his rights to shove him away. Red card? Common sense says no but the rules say yes. But there should have been two reds. And a yellow for Lamela for trying to convince the ref to get his red card out. sugarbag! Credit to Kane for recognising his sugarbagness and dragging him away

But now Lambert's Plan A has been flushed down the bog and so the inevitable happens.

Spurs make changes and a Lambert does nothing. Cleverley had done 2/5ths of 1/3rd of fuck-all all game and Weimann - who was impressive up to that point - was cramping up in midfield. To me, Lambert needed to inject some fresh legs into that midfield; two players who could put their foot on the ball when needed and have a go at the opposition when needed. Richardson and Grealish (and I don't care if he's nit started a game or if Lambert reckons he's not ready, he would have been 1000 times better than Cleverley and changed the game completely) should have been put on but instead he sends Gabby out who promptly switches off, loses his man and now it's 1-1.

Lambert's Plan A was good. Fair play. But his utter lack of ideas for Plan B cost us the game. No doubt. I'm sick and tired of the useless sugarbag. He cannot influence a game in our favour. He can't. Every other manager can do it for their team but Lambert can't do it for Villa.

And to add insult to injury, instead of disputing that Benteke should have gone, he's agreed with it. So no appeal happening and we're without the big man for the next three games.

One other thing stood out for me in this game and that was Vlaar. As a player, he was sound. As a captain he was awful. In every incident, Kaboul was straight in there making sure Spurs' case was put forward. Vlaar looked like a rabbit in the headlights. He needed to stand up and be counted. He should have been reminding the referee where he was and not allowing Spurs any influence in the refs thinking. To me, that's Lambert's influence; meek, mild, tame, sad, pathetic, spineless.
Trotters
Trotters

Aston Villa v Spurs all in one thread. Vent your spleen in here whilst awaiting another pathetic performance - Page 4 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:41 am

We did well enough against a very poor Spurs side who were their for the taking. In the end though the inevitable happened .... Villa contrived a way to lose the match. As others have said, weak management leads to weak captaincy, leads to indiscipline, leads to defeat. The ref was out of his depth, but a voluble touch line performance by our management could have evened up the ref's input.

Lambert, Keane and the Villa team look to be unable to cope with other far more professional set ups. It has to be time to replace our failing management team.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Cha Ching Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:58 pm

There's a big confidence issue in the whole team/management. A confident team would have stepped on Spurs throats after we got the first and kept them on the back foot. Their defence were sh*tting themselves every time the ball went near Benteke in the box.
What we got instead after the goal was a conservative slightly nervy display that was still good enough to keep a very poor Spurs side at arms length until the sending off.
The Gods conspired against us on both goals. The way that the cross came off Cissokho for the corner was unlucky and I thought to myself, this has all the omens for a goal for them.
Sanchez gave away the free kick in the same place as he gave one away 10 minutes earlier and that was poor from him. Spurs needed all the luck in the world to get the win but we could and perhaps should have been out of sight by then.
Cha Ching
Cha Ching

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:53 am

NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:33 pm

I didn't think Vertonghen's challenge of Westwood was red card worthy. Not even close. Nor Chadli's. Nothing to see there.

The Benteke incident was down to Spurs making a big deal of nothing. And Villa letting them control things.

The referee, by all accounts, didn't see it but got instruction from his assistant so maybe he got it wrong.

As such, it should be up for appeal but our brilliant manager, instead of being apoplectic with rage about the decision that will keep one of, if not THE best player we have out of action for three games (especially when it would appear that the manager's job is on the line) decides to make a public announcement that the referee was probably right.

What. A. sugarbag.
Trotters
Trotters

Aston Villa v Spurs all in one thread. Vent your spleen in here whilst awaiting another pathetic performance - Page 4 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:38 pm

Trotters wrote:I didn't think Vertonghen's challenge of Westwood was red card worthy. Not even close. Nor Chadli's. Nothing to see there.

The Benteke incident was down to Spurs making a big deal of nothing. And Villa letting them control things.

The referee, by all accounts, didn't see it but got instruction from his assistant so maybe he got it wrong.

As such, it should be up for appeal but our brilliant manager, instead of being apoplectic with rage about the decision that will keep one of, if not THE best player we have out of action for three games (especially when it would appear that the manager's job is on the line) decides to make a public announcement that the referee was probably right.

What. A. sugarbag.

I was thinking the exact thing mate, Lambert is a spineless gutless yes man and doesn't deserve a job in football at all.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Army villain Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:21 pm

But Lambert has a excuse now for losing the next 3 games, because of Benteke,Agee with the spineless gutless and yes man, Keane is just warming the bench, first matches he was up and shouting he has lost interest.
Army villain
Army villain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4