The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

+106
Dek of Villa
Chrissylee1111
Basher
Kaz
whiteensign
supermon
Southern Villan
DaveAV1
LukeWilliamsOBE
South London Villan
jd
gdav
Morgan Villa
Villa jimmy
bryanallcott1976
Olof Mellberg
marko63
tbarrules
Cathal Coughlan's Dog
danclare82
holtehero
Nix999
Jim
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
The Utterer
StringGhost
mrshnn
Hornso
CoE82
gaffer85
ada86
Voice of reason
Saunders82
Leafs1201
VTID85
Heisenberg
tonyp
Morpheus
AVit
Trezzy
pcfbavfcoman
thinlizzy
Malandro
upthevilla76
smoke
Fpuppys
Macca68
roba19
Poseidon
Steveallen79
floyed
Withes Sweatbands
zxc
GodzoneVilla
B62 Villa
kirramp
De Kuip
heystally!
Wigteke
Wookster
Dions_Bald_Head
Jimmycarr
villashrew
Green Villan
Coseley Villa
ember
GhostDad
Andyh
Villarocks666
VillaBill
clarryblue
larvin86
villabromsgrove
Mr Beast
Kakacroom
GadgetMan
My Old Man
Keyser Soze
jeffvilla
DN1982
Denis_B
Villa_Dan
LVBrit
SouthernVilla
TheLeftSide
DR Peters
lukevilla
Rawlie
Alpe_DHuez
Trotters
kimbo
stewiek
pooligan
River
HarryAVFC
jamavfc1
Mazrim
Mortimer1982
Dgrizzle7
viva_la_amo
RoyRace
banneruk
R1chuk
jvilla
UnclePanda
bazzah
110 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 39 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by Chrissylee1111 Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:47 pm

It seems such a long time ago that city were taken over. They were established pretty quick. With the fair play rules it is going to be very hard to compete with the top 4. Let's hope Fox can get some nice sponsor deals.
Chrissylee1111

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 39 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 39 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by Guest Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:48 pm

Chrissylee1111 wrote:It seems such a long time ago that city were taken over. They were established pretty quick. With the fair play rules it is going to be very hard to compete with the top 4. Let's hope Fox can get some nice sponsor deals.

the fox will certainly sort us some good sponsorship deals, without doubt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:51 pm

jimbop wrote:
Chrissylee1111 wrote:It seems such a long time ago that city were taken over. They were established pretty quick. With the fair play rules it is going to be very hard to compete with the top 4. Let's hope Fox can get some nice sponsor deals.

the fox will certainly sort us some good sponsorship deals, without doubt
That is the only way to get past the fair play rules nowadays. The way forward.

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:00 pm

kimbo wrote:I know there is this whole, "The media would know" theory and I can definitely see why people think that, but to be honest I knew nothing about Man City until it happened (literally the very day) and Chelsea was pretty similar, maybe slightly earlier.

Now, maybe that is because I couldn't give a flying fuck about either club and is more to do with my ignorance than lack of what was in the media, but from my memory neither takeover was particularly in the media until things were ready to be announced. Apologies if I am wrong, alcohol and, um, other things, have killed far too many brain cells, but that is certainly how I remember it.

Furthermore, even when we are taken over, I think we are that uninteresting to many people (even when we've been a bloody good side, the Manc/Scouse/London bias has been evident) that it will only really be major news if the new owner is a proper game changer. To be honest the biggest aid for publicity should it happen before January will be that it's NOT during a transfer window, so it will give SSN something to talk about.

Plus as has been alluded to, we're not on the stock exchange like when Lerner bought us, so his desire to do business in private (look at how quietly a lot of our transfers are done and that is with gobby agents involved) means he has a lot more control over what comes out than if we were a public company.

So while I can absolutely 100% understand the thinking that lack of media news is a sign that nothing is happening, at the same time it isn't a big concern for me as far as I can see.

I agree with the above. Randy likes to keep things very quiet added to the fact that the media can't be bothered unless it's one of their "chosen ones".

However perhaps there's another outside factor also keeping things under wraps? How interested would the press be if our new owner was indeed Usmanov? A switch from The Gooners to us would be a massive story and one which all parties would be desperate to keep quiet.

I know, I know I'm a dreamer :)
DaveAV1

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 39 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:06 pm

Chrissylee1111 wrote:If it does happen, how long do you think they will give lambert? I think he will be given until January.

End of October and see how things are - if ok then give him until December and review again - wouldn't be too surprised if a decision has already been made to ditch him and somebody lined up .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:16 pm

Eastie wrote:
Chrissylee1111 wrote:If it does happen, how long do you think they will give lambert? I think he will be given until January.

End of October and see how things are - if ok then give him until December and review again - wouldn't be too surprised if a decision has already been made to ditch him and somebody lined up .
Depends on results i would say Eastie.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:20 pm

PDC Lion wrote:
Eastie wrote:

Agree, if they keep him I think it will very much depend on results but if spending close on £200m its possible you would line up your own men to come straight in - could fox be one of them?
Depending on decent finance I think we could still attract a decent manager .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:21 pm

Eastie wrote:
PDC Lion wrote:
Eastie wrote:

Agree, if they keep him I think it will very much depend on results but if spending close on £200m its possible you would line up your own men to come straight in - could fox be one of them?
Agreed, but this is a Lambert side, so if things are going well then we should leave him to carry on for a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:25 pm

PDC Lion wrote:
Eastie wrote:
PDC Lion wrote:
Eastie wrote:

Agreed, but this is a Lambert side, so if things are going well then we should leave him to carry on for a while.

Hmmmm, I think he's bought some time maybe due to the league position but far from convinced he will last long , I think he's extremely lucky to still be in a job and another manager will get far more from this squad .

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissylee1111 Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:25 pm

Lerner loves lambert, I would imagine that they will give him until the next transfer window. I may have just convinced myself about a takeover. Maybe the whole idea of Fox is to generate the needed income to invest in the team. I think it could actually be Arison, he and fox know each other and Fox is known for his ability to generate revenue. If it is Arison this could be a match made in heaven.
Chrissylee1111

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:27 pm

Chrissylee1111 wrote:Lerner loves lambert, I would imagine that they will give him until the next transfer window. I may have just convinced myself about a takeover. Maybe the whole idea of Fox is to generate the needed income to invest in the team. I think it could actually be Arison, he and fox know each other and Fox is known for his ability to generate revenue. If it is Arison this could be a match made in heaven.
This is for you Dancing Banana

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NW7VnHnX3LQ

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:34 pm

DaveAV1 wrote:
kimbo wrote:I know there is this whole, "The media would know" theory and I can definitely see why people think that, but to be honest I knew nothing about Man City until it happened (literally the very day) and Chelsea was pretty similar, maybe slightly earlier.

Now, maybe that is because I couldn't give a flying fuck about either club and is more to do with my ignorance than lack of what was in the media, but from my memory neither takeover was particularly in the media until things were ready to be announced. Apologies if I am wrong, alcohol and, um, other things, have killed far too many brain cells, but that is certainly how I remember it.

Furthermore, even when we are taken over, I think we are that uninteresting to many people (even when we've been a bloody good side, the Manc/Scouse/London bias has been evident) that it will only really be major news if the new owner is a proper game changer. To be honest the biggest aid for publicity should it happen before January will be that it's NOT during a transfer window, so it will give SSN something to talk about.

Plus as has been alluded to, we're not on the stock exchange like when Lerner bought us, so his desire to do business in private (look at how quietly a lot of our transfers are done and that is with gobby agents involved) means he has a lot more control over what comes out than if we were a public company.

So while I can absolutely 100% understand the thinking that lack of media news is a sign that nothing is happening, at the same time it isn't a big concern for me as far as I can see.

I agree with the above. Randy likes to keep things very quiet added to the fact that the media can't be bothered unless it's one of their "chosen ones".

However perhaps there's another outside factor also keeping things under wraps? How interested would the press be if our new owner was indeed Usmanov? A switch from The Gooners to us would be a massive story and one which all parties would be desperate to keep quiet.

I know, I know I'm a dreamer :)
I have the same dream. Very Happy
villabromsgrove

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 39 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissylee1111 Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:48 pm

Haha Eastie, I can see that being chanted from the holte end lol.
Chrissylee1111

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:01 pm

Maybe Lambert would be more successful spending mega bucks, since he would be able to attract the better players to fit his system?
My Old Man
My Old Man

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 39 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:08 pm

My Old Man wrote:Maybe Lambert would be more successful spending mega bucks, since he would be able to attract the better players to fit his system?

Does he even know what his system is himself?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dek of Villa Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:08 pm

Eastie wrote:
Chrissylee1111 wrote:Lerner loves lambert, I would imagine that they will give him until the next transfer window. I may have just convinced myself about a takeover. Maybe the whole idea of Fox is to generate the needed income to invest in the team. I think it could actually be Arison, he and fox know each other and Fox is known for his ability to generate revenue. If it is Arison this could be a match made in heaven.

This for everyone and our very own new Fox!......I used to love this in the 70's Beer

Sweet - Fox On The Run (HD High Definition

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjfZG9UzK7E
Dek of Villa
Dek of Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:22 pm

Dek of Villa wrote:
Eastie wrote:

This for everyone and our very own new Fox!......I used to love this in the 70's Beer

Sweet - Fox On The Run (HD High Definition

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjfZG9UzK7E
Thanks for that. Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 39 3769219917 I had hair as long as Brian Connelly's but I was better looking! Beer (I was mid twenties then)
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:28 pm

Yep - The  Sweet were one of my favourites in the 70s along with Abba Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 39 498107619

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:41 pm

Eastie wrote:Yep - The  Sweet were one of my favourites in the 70s along with Abba Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 39 498107619
Don't get me started Eastie. Agnetha or Annifreid?  I lay awake too many nights trying to decide. ABBA  cheers .
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:43 pm

I know her as Frida Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:45 pm

Eastie wrote:
My Old Man wrote:Maybe Lambert would be more successful spending mega bucks, since he would be able to attract the better players to fit his system?

Does he even know what his system is himself?

Well he never changes it, so yes tongue

I just think that with more intelligent players, it would have a better chance of working. Thing is, they cost more than the majority hes been able to bring in, and the ones he has been able to, have done quite well. (Benteke, Vlaar).

Last edited by My Old Man on Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
My Old Man
My Old Man

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 39 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissylee1111 Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:46 pm

The 80s and 90s were my era, saying that one of the youngest singers in Boney M was my mothers cousin, my dad used to say that she was a pretty girl but he never got to see her babalons.
Chrissylee1111

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:48 pm

Chrissylee1111 wrote:The 80s and 90s were my era, saying that one of the youngest singers in Boney M was my mothers cousin, my dad used to say that she was a pretty girl but he never got to see her babalons.
Did he ever get see what colour she was in the ring Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 39 498107619

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissylee1111 Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:51 pm

Eastie wrote:
Chrissylee1111 wrote:The 80s and 90s were my era, saying that one of the youngest singers in Boney M was my mothers cousin, my dad used to say that she was a pretty girl but he never got to see her babalons.
Did he ever get see what colour she was in the ring Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 39 498107619

Lol, he tried a couple of times.
Chrissylee1111

Back to top Go down

Post by tbarrules Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:12 pm

Has it been confirmed Fox starts on 12th september?
tbarrules

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next