The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

+117
Sean
Macca68
jvilla
MinnyVilla
Rawlie
villashrew
BatemansBusinessCard
R1chuk
jamavfc1
didiersix
supermon
larvin86
ejs1111
Villa1967
pcfbavfcoman
Hornso
bakerbob
tbarrules
danclare82
JCH
Jim
marko63
GhostDad
UnclePanda
AVFClee
boltblaster
Jo64
davevilla
andrew24561
The Utterer
Synopsis
Dek of Villa
Mr_Spadge
B62 Villa
jd
Villa_Dan
RoyRace
lawman1248
Mazrim
Saunders
Longboy
The Great white walnut
villasubmariner
DN1982
Wigteke
therailboy
pablo23uk
Kakacroom
lukevilla
South London Villan
Leafs1201
Morgan Villa
Steveallen79
gaffer85
roba19
VillaBill
BournVilla
Government Agencey
Jimmycarr
Andyh
Paul mcgrath(GOD)
omariqy
kimbo
USVillan
De Kuip
tonyp
Jpmangel
gdav
Villarocks666
Olofsbeard
Green Villan
Fpuppys
Classof13
Heisenberg
My Old Man
CoE82
Saunders82
Olof Mellberg
Trezzy
thinlizzy
Morpheus
bazzah
AVFCTT
initforthevilla
DelboyVilla
banneruk
UrmstonVilla
Dions_Bald_Head
Denis_B
TED
johnny from donny
Mr Beast
Wookster
heystally!
Keyser Soze
mickeywya
James_Curtis
GadgetMan
HarryAVFC
mini_ beest
Coseley Villa
Southern Villan
viva_la_amo
Thinman
Suits
Malandro
TheLeftSide
Withes Sweatbands
thetrees
Muzz
mrshnn
GodzoneVilla
Trotters
ember
AstonThriller
clarryblue
villabromsgrove
121 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 39 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by B62 Villa Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:13 pm

This all points to no takeover, I agree this is just RL trying to keep us up, as we are a much more attractive product than if we are in the championship, the clubs asking price will reflect this. It seems to me he is panicking as there is no deal close.
As for ticket sales i think Sundays gate will be under 25k, hull don't bring many, we'll not the full allocation, and as last night and the Newcastle game showed, the Villa fans are well fucked off
B62 Villa
B62 Villa

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 39 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 39 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by Trotters Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:17 pm

It's funny. The name Cleverley points to no takeover. The price rumoured certainly would!

Trotters
Trotters

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 39 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Andyh Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:18 pm

dont read anything into the price Trots.

£8m on him will be more than offset by the money Lerner will demand for Vlaar going the other way.
Andyh
Andyh

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:19 pm

It wouldn't surprise me in the least. The meltdown would be funny though.
Trotters
Trotters

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 39 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by R1chuk Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:23 pm

Am I reading the right thread, thought this was about the takeover. Move the Cleverley talk to the transfer speculation thread please Laughing
R1chuk
R1chuk

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:27 pm

R1chuk wrote:Am I reading the right thread, thought this was about the takeover. Move the Cleverley talk to the transfer speculation thread please Laughing
Well said Rich, we'll make a internet milk-monitor out of you one day! Beer Laughing
villabromsgrove

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 39 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Beast Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:43 pm

Lerner effectively left Aston Villa in the summer of 2010. It would have been far better for everybody concerned if he'd sold up at that point.

The couple of signings we've made don't make me think he's interested again, or that there is a change of direction in the club. If he really was interested, he'd do what he's done at Villa and did at the Cleveland Browns, which is the minute the fans get a little bit boisterous, he sacks the coach/manager to take the heat off his repeated failings.

Lerner's doing what he's done the past few windows - the minimum possible to bank the TV money and let's face it, he's been very fortunate to have been able to achieve even that meagre target. The policy might have changed from young to 'experienced', but the real keyword is cheap. Longer contracts don't mean anything because he doesn't plan to be around to pay over the duration and if we look like sliding into the Championship, he'll find it even harder to sell than the pigs ear he's made of it so far.

What makes me laugh is that Lambert's defenders think this magically absolves their man of any criticism when it was blatantly obvious the young and hungry transfer policy was as much Lambert's doing. He didn't have any problem describing it as all his own work for about 23 of the 24 months he was in charge until fan fury prompted a change of heart. When the press were praising it he was lapping up that praise.

And that's only the transfer policy, never mind his wretched tactical abilities.
Mr Beast
Mr Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:49 pm

Trotters wrote:It's funny. The name Cleverley points to no takeover. The price rumoured certainly would!

I think Roy Keane may be the driving force behind this deal since he knows the player and what he can give us. If thats the case then the fee is irrelevant, since its what he feels we need.

You know what?

This might just work out Wink
My Old Man
My Old Man

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 39 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by tbarrules Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:20 pm

Anyone else not believing the bollocks that Lerner has "rekindled" his interest?

tbarrules

Back to top Go down

Post by Gracon73 Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:21 pm

I've just been on the AVFC website and taken this quote from it :

On his strikers firing in the coming games, he added: "Absolutely. I don't have any worries with that.
"On another day against Orient, Darren would have scored.
"And I thought Gabby did great on Saturday against Newcastle. I think he might have got a goal.
"So I don't have any worries on that. Because we're creating, I know goals will come.
"I know if Darren had another couple of chances against Orient, I'm pretty sure he'd score.
"He's normally deadly on that 18-yard line. It just never happened for him or us."

I don't get to many games during the season however I was there on Saturday, I can't remember Gabby doing anything of note against Newcastle. I understand the need to big up the team and try to keep upbeat but perhaps it's time for the truth to come out.

We are not good enough to stay in the league, our only hope is that 3 teams will be worse than us. It's a very, very sad state of affairs. I don't see that changing until RL either puts up or f**k's off.
Gracon73
Gracon73

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:24 pm

Gracon73 wrote:I've just been on the AVFC website and taken this quote from it :

On his strikers firing in the coming games, he added: "Absolutely. I don't have any worries with that.
"And I thought Gabby did great on Saturday against Newcastle. I think he might have got a goal.
"So I don't have any worries on that. Because we're creating, I know goals will come.
"I know if Darren had another couple of chances against Orient, I'm pretty sure he'd score.
"He's normally deadly on that 18-yard line. It just never happened for him or us."

I don't get to many games during the season however I was there on Saturday, I can't remember Gabby doing anything of note against Newcastle. I understand the need to big up the team and try to keep upbeat but perhaps it's time for the truth to come out.

We are not good enough to stay in the league, our only hope is that 3 teams will be worse than us. It's a very, very sad state of affairs. I don't see that changing until RL either puts up or f**k's off.
I used to think that Lambert praised individuals to try and help their morale. Unfortunately it now seems that he believes the rubbish he comes out with.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Kakacroom Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:31 pm

Cleverly to me is worse than the result last night unless we pay 2million no more
Kakacroom

Back to top Go down

Post by villashrew Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:31 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
Gracon73 wrote:I've just been on the AVFC website and taken this quote from it :

I used to think that Lambert praised individuals to try and help their morale. Unfortunately it now seems that he believes the rubbish he comes out with.

Always said the bloke is deluded and clueless, can he seriously not see what every Villa fan does?
villashrew
villashrew

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 39 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:33 pm

Let's hope this is just a hiatus before we get taken over. Imo it has to happen before we can have any confidence in a secure Villa future.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:00 pm

My Old Man wrote:
Trotters wrote:It's funny. The name Cleverley points to no takeover. The price rumoured certainly would!

I think Roy Keane may be the driving force behind this deal since he knows the player and what he can give us. If thats the case then the fee is irrelevant, since its what he feels we need.

You know what?

You've been nibbling at fruit from the happy tree recently MOMS - drinking at work or have you come into contact with a reason to be cheerful? Very Happy
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:05 pm

Dions_Bald_Head wrote:
My Old Man wrote:

You know what?

You've been nibbling at fruit from the happy tree recently MOMS - drinking at work or have you come into contact with a reason to be cheerful? Very Happy

Nah mate, if only!

Im usually quite optimistic at most times Embarassed
My Old Man
My Old Man

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 39 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kakacroom Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:21 pm

Look a another centre mid is needed but 8 million is too much if true , if we were rumoured on getting kagawa I'd be excited just hope we spent the bulk of our transfer money on a goalscoring mid who can create ,and this takeover happens in the coming weeks
Kakacroom

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLeftSide Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:28 pm

Saudi based aircraft landed at bhx last night, can't tell where it was from though as it was in Melbourne on the 21st, then next record shows left unknown to stanstead, then stanstead to bhx the day after.

Calling the Trees, can you fill in the blanks to see if this jet is unrelated?
TheLeftSide
TheLeftSide

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLeftSide Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:29 pm

By unrelated I know you can't tell who's on it, but maybe you could tell if it's from somewhere unlikely or whether it's just in for maintenance ?
TheLeftSide
TheLeftSide

Back to top Go down

Post by Macca68 Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:41 pm

Paul Faulkner new CEO at Forrest? And I thought they were doing well this season too
Macca68

Back to top Go down

Post by villashrew Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:46 pm

Macca68 wrote:Paul Faulkner new CEO at Forrest? And I thought they were doing well this season too
Because he spent a few years here and did a few good things at board level he is now classed as an experienced CEO apparently.
I have seen Forest fans saying he is a good "footballing" brain to be appointed as their new CEO. Shame he didn't have a clue about football, If only they knew!!!!
villashrew
villashrew

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:00 pm

VillaBill wrote:Are there any of us out there that think Mr Lambert should still be our manager ?

24 hours ago.. yes.
Now? Not so sure...
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:09 pm

jimbop wrote:
Sean wrote:While Lambert is not to blame for poor finishing what we have to remember is during his tenure so far we've been knocked out of cup competitions by Bradford, Millwall, Sheffield United and Leyton Orient. I know the occasional shock will always happen but the worst bit is every single team we have been knocked out by have deserved to win the game. Bradford is still the worst I've seen in my lifetime. That second half at VP in the 2nd leg still makes me feel sick.

leyton orient did not deserve to win last night

but they did win.. they scored more than us. thats all that matters
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLeftSide Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:18 pm

That jet is at bhx for maintenance- nothing to see.
TheLeftSide
TheLeftSide

Back to top Go down

Post by Kakacroom Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:32 pm

Lambert shouldn't be sacked it would be suicide he kept us up with a worse team last year so until the club is sold lambert should stay and survival should be priority unless we go tony pulis who'd be safe enough
Kakacroom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next