The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Ki to sign

+14
Trotters
Green Villan
USVillan
Keyser Soze
Dions_Bald_Head
My Old Man
Jimmycarr
Dek of Villa
Alpe_DHuez
KMitch
GodzoneVilla
Villa_Dan
HarryAVFC
A.V.F.C
18 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Ki to sign Empty Ki to sign

Post by A.V.F.C Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:01 pm

Been a rough summer boys but Telegraph expect us to sign him this week having held weekend talks with the manager. Really quite pleased as I rate him and think he'll be a good player for us.
A.V.F.C

Ki to sign 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Ki to sign Empty Re: Ki to sign

Post by HarryAVFC Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:01 pm

6.5 mill though ? That's a lot for us
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Ki to sign 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:02 pm

Good player though. Hopefully not replacing Delph though. Could be a very good partnership between those two

Maybe sign Young next. Get Zoggy back playing
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Ki to sign 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:09 pm

International player, Premier League tested and experienced, only 25 yrs old.

Can't complain about this transfer in anyway, good bit of business.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Ki to sign 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by A.V.F.C Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:11 pm

Not seen mention of a fee. That's quite a bit for us but maybe we are in the process of selling some of the shitters to raise some funds. If we did manage to sign Ashley we should stay clear of danger, we'd be decent on paper.
A.V.F.C

Ki to sign 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:24 pm

A guy on twitter who doesn't tweet very often mentioned the fee. Said 3 days back we bid for Ki

Have we got that money from selling Delph though? Someone has mentioned tonight that he's off
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Ki to sign 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GodzoneVilla Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:40 pm

Good signing - considering the mess we are in ownership wise, if this comes off then I will be fairly happy with summer business so far.

The realist in me thinks that it will be a long shot seeing Vlaar in a Villa shirt this coming. Unless a takeover is sorted and he has some idea of the direction of the club then I think he will be off - therefore we need to maximise the fee for him.

Judging his performances compared to sideshow bob (going for $50 million 🤦 )  then we could get a tidy fee - maybe the Ki purchase of 6.5mill maybe followed by two or three more.
GodzoneVilla

Ki to sign 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:13 am

GREAT SIGNING!!! Love this guy. Awesome work rate, can tackle & pass, and isn't afraid to get stuck in... Just what we need in the center of the park.

With Cole and hopefully another creative option coming in, this will give us the option to change up our midfield AND our tactics.

Central Midfield 3 of Ki, Westwood, and Delph for 4-3-3
Central Midfield of Ki, Westwood, and Cole for 4-2-3-1
Central Midfield of Ki and Delph for 4-4-2

Hopefully we actually pull this move off and it isn't another bullshit rumor...
KMitch
KMitch

Ki to sign 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpe_DHuez Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:44 am

Was Sunderlands best player for a lot of last season and i was impressed by him when they played us. Feels strange buying a decent player with experience heading into his prime.
Alpe_DHuez
Alpe_DHuez

Ki to sign 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:37 am

Been reading Sunderland's forum to see their reaction to the news and it's a mixed one. Half think he is shit and the other half are furious and see him coming to Villa instead of Sunderland as "lack of ambition" by their board. Sound familiar? ahahaha It's exactly like Villa Talk...

Anyway, their more levelheaded fans have concluded the following summary:

= He's class and easily their best midfielder last season, if you don't count Borini as a midfielder
= He was the best player at the club for the first half of the season
= Started to go missing in games after the League Cup Final and before his season ending shin splints in early April.
= Some think he wasn't injured but was dropped for a poor attitude or a falling out with Poyet, but this is a very small minority
= They see him as a creative player and not the defensive midfielder we do. Apparently, he was the creative spark in the midfield trio with two of Cattermole/Colback/Briddcutt.

I just know that whenever I saw Sunderland play last season, he was by far the best player in their team, with Colback a close second, and I'm very happy with this signing.
KMitch
KMitch

Ki to sign 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:40 am

Four new signings so far and the bomb squad back along with okore and nzogbia - the squad is looking much stronger with those 9 players in the reckoning , I think we can expect another signing this week as well as ki.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dek of Villa Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:58 am

Here is the story from the Telegraph with link. However, I'm from the old school of believing with my own eyes when the guy has the shirt in his hands saying how big and wonderful Aston Villa are etc Wink 

"Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert closing in on South Korea international Ki Sung-Yueng
Swansea City midfielder Ki Sung-Yueng is on the verge of signing for Aston Villa, with manager Paul Lambert also keen to offer Holland international Ron Vlaar a new deal"

"Paul Lambert is poised to sign Swansea City midfielder Ki Sung-Yueng and wants Randy Lerner, the Aston Villa owner, to offer the Holland international Ron Vlaar a new contract.
The Aston Villa manager has stepped up his attempt to recruit a holding midfielder and expects to complete a deal for Ki this week. The South Korea international could become the first cash signing at Villa this summer if Lambert can agree terms with Swansea to make the move permanent.
Ki, 25, is believed to have held talks with Lambert over the weekend and will become Villa’s fourth signing since Lerner announced his decision to put the club up for sale.
Lambert will then focus his attention on retaining Vlaar, who has a year left on his contract. Vlaar returned to Holland yesterday after an impressive World Cup tournament and Villa fear that his performances could lead to interest from clubs in the Premier League and across Europe."

Article continues... http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/10964838/Aston-Villa-manager-Paul-Lambert-closing-in-on-South-Korea-international-Ki-Sung-Yueng.html
Dek of Villa
Dek of Villa

Ki to sign 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:19 am

Kendrick is saying fee likely to be around £1.5 for ki

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmycarr Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:12 pm

Ok so I may post here for the craic, has anyone got anything more then media regarding this hopefully transfer?! Does sound more than likely at this stage but would love to hear if he's been seen at BMH or even in the general Aston area...
Jimmycarr
Jimmycarr

Ki to sign 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:15 pm

Seems some confusion over who was at bodymoor on Friday -people say kiyotake or ki?

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmycarr Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:17 pm

Eastie wrote:Seems some confusion over who was at bodymoor on Friday -people  say kiyotake or ki?

Maybe it was someone writing short hand and should have said Kiyotake!  8)
Jimmycarr
Jimmycarr

Ki to sign 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:19 pm

Jimmycarr wrote:
Eastie wrote:Seems some confusion over who was at bodymoor on Friday -people  say kiyotake or ki?

Maybe it was someone writing short hand and should have said Kiyotake!  8)

PDC is convinced it is kiyotake.

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:20 pm

I really hope the deal happens. Swansea reluctant to sell though but he only has a year left on his contract. Fee is more like 3.5 mill min
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Ki to sign 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:20 pm

That's a massive height difference between Ki and Kiyotake
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Ki to sign 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmycarr Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:20 pm

Heard loads about him a while back seemingly he was fairly handy, but reading conflicting reports lately...any idea what's the latest on him?
Jimmycarr
Jimmycarr

Ki to sign 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:22 pm

It may well have been Kiyotake though, especially if the rumours about Ki agent Are true and we haven't contacted them
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Ki to sign 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:22 pm

Jimmycarr wrote:Heard loads about him a while back seemingly he was fairly handy, but reading conflicting reports lately...any idea what's the latest on him?

Really caught my attention at Celtic but its a poor league - hasn't looked anything special in the premiership to me but better than the likes of sylla and kea.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmycarr Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:24 pm

Eastie wrote:
Jimmycarr wrote:Heard loads about him a while back seemingly he was fairly handy, but reading conflicting reports lately...any idea what's the latest on him?

Really caught my attention at Celtic but its a poor league - hasn't looked anything special in the premiership to me but better than the likes of sylla and kea.

Sorry should have said Kiyotake as opposed to Ki!
Jimmycarr
Jimmycarr

Ki to sign 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:26 pm

Are they really easy to confuse?
Ki to sign Hiroshi+Kiyotake+Olympics+Day+8+Men+Football+OcuLA8HOs5il Ki to sign 250px-Ki_Sung-Yueng_from_acrofan
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Ki to sign 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:34 pm

Why am I worried that he is a replacement for Delph?

My Old Man
My Old Man

Ki to sign 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next