The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Paul Lambert

+67
switters
TimVilla
FoxyAV
Powell91
GodzoneVilla
Leafs1201
VillaBill
Since75
Green Villan
tonyp
PR88
pablo23uk
villashrew
RichRunner
prmort
heystally!
Archie Villan
ejs1111
Aesorian
HH 8166
Morpheus
thegaffer6
Bertie
Tomy-Flemba
Shifnal Villa
Haito
HarryAVFC
TED
Andyh
Diablo
lichfieldlion
PathAtTheBackOfTheHolte
Dek of Villa
Roncrete
Randiandipandi
Sceptical Villan
ant 2014
mordecai
Andy_Villa
CoE82
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
CTVillan
smog monster
Elrave
Morgan Villa
Deano69
Mr Jones
Jimmyc
Wookster
stevo
lukevilla
Cha Ching
birchy7
Trezzy
Boz
Penfold
villabromsgrove
marcxc1983
gbboy27
erdingtonb24
Queneau
Thinman
Rotterdam82
pooligan
Ron Dalian
Billy No Mates
Trotters
71 posters

Page 15 of 28 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 28  Next

Go down

The Future of Paul Lambert?

Paul Lambert - Page 15 I_vote_lcap56%Paul Lambert - Page 15 I_vote_rcap 56% 
[ 87 ]
Paul Lambert - Page 15 I_vote_lcap30%Paul Lambert - Page 15 I_vote_rcap 30% 
[ 47 ]
Paul Lambert - Page 15 I_vote_lcap14%Paul Lambert - Page 15 I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 21 ]

Total Votes : 155

Paul Lambert - Page 15 Empty Re: Paul Lambert

Post by Guest Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:54 pm

Wookster wrote:Just been watching Lamberts press conference on Sky Sports News, this is one man in a very uncomfortable position. He hasn't got an answer for anything

Haha, has he ever?

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmyc Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:10 pm

First post for me:

It surprises me they are that engaged but Lerner and Faulkner clearly have a model where there is an office based figurehead (PL) and someone who doesn't throw the toys about money (perfect for them) and a team of 'coaches' working under him.

It's been pretty obvious that Culverhouse was hopeless, not helped by his attitude, but it's a surprise to me that Lerner and Faulkner understood things enough to make the move they have. There may be something in Sid being a legend etc but it also could be that he and shay are more progressive and inclusive coaches, for them to spot this ...interesting.

I'll be honest, i've had my fill of PL but i'm intrigued as to how the new personnel in this set-up will work out. It's almost like PL is a Director of football with the real work having been done by a couple of hopeless nobodies. Now it could be PL, the same dour, manager of Lerner's strategy with a vibrant coaching team getting results.

Or we could get played off the park on saturday and the experiment never takes off.

Either way, i'm not sure PL has been marginalised, yes his boys have gone, but his demeanour was hardly any different from normal in his Sky Sports interview and he probably knows doing it this way keeps him in the role that bit longer.

UTV
Jimmyc

Paul Lambert - Page 15 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:22 pm

Welcome jimmy, interesting opening post and delighted you have joined us here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:25 pm

Welcome, Jimmy.

It certainly is interesting as to what Lambert's actual role was prior to this week and what it is now. I doubt we will ever find out unless ADMIN tells us.

Do we have a link to the Sky Sports interview? Preferably with subtitles Very Happy
Trotters
Trotters

Paul Lambert - Page 15 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:28 pm

Wookster wrote:Just been watching Lamberts press conference on Sky Sports News, this is one man in a very uncomfortable position. He hasn't got an answer for anything

Jimmyc wrote:....his demeanour was hardly any different from normal in his Sky Sports interview...

I can't decide if you two blokes are in complete disagreement with each other or if you both concur.

lol! lol! lol! 
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:39 pm

Just heard Lambert getting interviewed by Pat Murphy. Fuck me he was cagey.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:41 pm

Billy McBingo wrote:Just heard Lambert getting interviewed by Pat Murphy. Fuck me he was cagey.

Is it online? I tried youtube earlier but nothing new.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmyc Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:49 pm

Loving the pics from BMH, proper charm offensive going on from the villa pr dept

https://twitter.com/avfcofficial/status/456830047089741824

If nowt else they've responded to full time last Saturday
Jimmyc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:00 pm

@thegoalzone: Paul Lambert said at todays presser that he cannot talk about suspensions of coaches for legal reasons

@thegoalzone: PL did did confirm that the rumours about Marc Albrighton getting train home from Crystal Palace were 100% untrue

@Sporting_Genius: There's one person at the entire football club responsible for the footballing side. That's Paul Lambert. Get us 3 points and be gone #avfc

@Sporting_Genius: If Lambert's team are under legal investigation, what does that say about him? He is the manager, this happened under his watch #goner #avfc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:08 pm

Paul Lambert - Page 15 232fbb70071c

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:18 pm

Not much of a reward for finding him is there? Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Queneau Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:08 pm

Has Paul been fighting?

Paul Lambert - Page 15 10257702_751391008238304_1235397167029980670_n

Lots of grins on the faces of the lads on these training pictures. Perhaps Lambert is staying? Although, he looks the least happy of them all.
Queneau
Queneau

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:14 pm

Billy McBingo wrote:It was definitely Albion. I was there, sat not far from the dugout that night.

And he didn't get chucked out either did he?  :) 

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:57 am

Birmingham Mail Link

How Paul Lambert reacted to questioning from the world's media

Brian Dick attended the Aston Villa manager's weekly press conference and this is what he found out.

Paul Lambert - Page 15 Lambert

WITH a single flip of the coin Paul Lambert went from gravestone silent to Garrulous from Glasgow, relatively speaking, when asked to discuss his coaching staff past and present.

On one side, when the assembled media, radio, written and televisual, tried to wheedle out a snippet of information about the suspension of Ian Culverhouse and Gary Karsa, Lambert was Boycottesque in his forward defensive.

“I think you’ll need to appreciate due to there being a legal investigation, I can’t really comment on anything. I think that’s fair enough, I’ve given you a comment, I hope you respect that.” Not even a chink of light between bat and pad. Although the Scot did play and miss at one.

When asked if the upheaval would be worthwhile if his new coaches could bounce Villa to three vital points against Southampton tomorrow he nibbled: “I don’t think anything’s worth all this.’’

On the other, the agreement of club legend Gordon Cowans and club, er...goalkeeper, Shay Given to step into the breach brought forth a torrent of eulogy designed to leave no-one in doubt that the good ship Villa has sailed away from the rocks.

All they need to do is prove it against the men from the Solent tomorrow.

Certainly, Cowans’ presence in the dugout will be a placatory link between the club’s management and restless supporters and Lambert spoke in reverent tones. “He is a really nice guy, he is probably one of the more revered football players at this club along with the other lads that won the European Cup.

“He will come up and do really well. I watched that European Cup final, I knew the Aston Villa team like the back of my hand that year. I also know how much he is well-respected here.”

If Cowans’ step to the plate surprises no-one, Given’s is replete with irony and, one wonders, the temptation for the former Republic of Ireland international to tell Lambert where to stick his call for help.

Given had been sailing along as the club’s undisputed No.1 until Lambert arrived with his brief to cut the wage bill. He has not played for Villa in more than a year.

But the 37-year-old took the moral high-line, accepted and will assist the Scot over the next five games. A response the manager appreciates.

“One thing I don’t think anybody could ever level at Shay, is not being professional in what he does,” he said. “He is a fantastic pro, there is no two ways about it and he’s been a fantastic goalkeeper.

“He’s a top guy and a top pro, I never had a problem with him being professional the way he is. He’s a funny lad, he will see the game a little bit differently. I hope he will relish this opportunity, I think he will.

‘‘But he will find out it’s a little bit different from playing.”

With hopefully an improved result.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:00 am

Sportsmole link

Paul Lambert: 'I'm not leaving Aston Villa'

By Mark Langshaw, Reporter
Filed: Friday, April 18, 2014 at 01:30 UK
Last Updated: Friday, April 18, 2014 at 02:03 UK

Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert has said that he is hoping to remain at the club indefinitely, despite coming under fire this season.

Paul Lambert - Page 15 Paul-lambert-aston-villa

The Villans' boss saw his right-hand men Ian Culverhouse and Gary Karsa suspended this week amid allegations of bullying, but claims that the bans will not affect his position.

"My whole intention is to be here next year and the year after that, but everyone knows what football is like," the Daily Star quotes him as saying.

"I love it here. I never came here for the club to be where it is. This club should never be in the position it has been for the past four years."

Villa occupy 14th place in the Premier League, with a four-point gap between themselves and the drop zone.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Jones Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:47 am

I seem to remember TSM planning for his second season and look how that panned out. Do one Paul
Mr Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:54 am

Mr Jones wrote:I seem to remember TSM planning for his second season and look how that panned out. Do one Paul

Indeed , he said he went into a meeting with faulkner about transfer targets for next season and walked out 30 minutes later sacked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:58 am

Part of me wonders what Lambert could do if he had the kind of money MoN wasted, he was a good manager at Norwich.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:27 am

Holtender1982 wrote:Part of me wonders what Lambert could do if he had the kind of money MoN wasted, he was a good manager at Norwich.

I think he would have taken waste to a new level.
Thinman
Thinman

Paul Lambert - Page 15 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Queneau Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:30 am

Holtender1982 wrote:Part of me wonders what Lambert could do if he had the kind of money MoN wasted, he was a good manager at Norwich.

Agreed. I still don't think he's a bad manager. He's just out of his depth at Villa. He needed an injection of cash or time to build slowly - which would mean getting the lads and fans on side and to trust him. That clearly didn't happen. I've said this to many friends before, if we lost every week but looked like we were having a go at it and really wanted the win it would be a lot easier to take. But how many weeks have we seen players just turning up and not looking interested? At best we'd get a bright 5-10 minute start and that's it. They run around looking hopeless or lost for ideas after that.
Queneau
Queneau

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:32 am

We can only see what happens now the evil Culverhouse has gone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookster Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:58 am

Queneau wrote:Has Paul been fighting?

Paul Lambert - Page 15 10257702_751391008238304_1235397167029980670_n

Lots of grins on the faces of the lads on these training pictures. Perhaps Lambert is staying? Although, he looks the least happy of them all.

"Look lads Ive got my letter of resignation here for Randy, just do your bit and let me go with some pride"
Wookster
Wookster

Paul Lambert - Page 15 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:32 am

lol! 
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:40 am

Look at the players and imagine a bar to their right:

Lambert wrote: And...second position, Plié, attitude, Sauté, Relevé and....pirouette, pirouette, pirouette....
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Queneau Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:38 am

Wookster wrote:"Look lads Ive got my letter of resignation here for Randy, just do your bit and let me go with some pride"

He'd be stupid to resign and miss out on a pay off.
Queneau
Queneau

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 28 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 28  Next