The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Bruce's time

+10
avfc85
smetro
De Kuip
achilles
STO67
VillaBill
Dazzle
FoxyAV
UnclePanda
Saunders82
14 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Bruce's time - Page 2 Empty Re: Bruce's time

Post by achilles Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:29 pm

Ultimately, he was crap and he didn't achieve what he was brought in for, he can have absolutely no excuses!

As you say lets move on and see the sun raise on a new horizon! UTV
achilles
achilles

Bruce's time - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:05 pm

Sorry I will never mention him again! I'll get my coat
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:41 pm

DelboyVilla wrote:Sorry I will never mention him again! I'll get my coat

You could always beat the rush by starting a "Smith OUT" thread.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Bruce's time - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:34 pm

I thought he gave the club its respect back - we were a tough nut to crack at home. and drew in some big crowds...in the end the pressure got to him and he became paralysed by fear of loosing. All that financial business led to some very odd decisions. I think he had run his course.
Whether a guy who has done less can now achieve more is open to question in my book - but time will tell.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:45 am

Well I am just glad to see no more square pegs in round holes and the fact that we are playing more attractive football? Jack is getting back to where he was last year, Taylor is looking more comfortable with each game, Hutton is thriving bombing forward (if he can only learn to cross more consistently), Tuanzebe is improving in his natural position and Tammy and Kodja just need some goals and we will be in a great position!

We do not miss Potato Head!
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:54 am

I'd actually like to see him get a job but one with less resources than he's had at his previous clubs, just out of interest, to see how he'd get on,if he did well then good luck to him, but I suspect he wouldn't do anywhere near as good as someone like Mick McCarthy has done at Wolves and Ipswich, or Warnock at Cardiff and other teams... For some reason there seems to be this myth, that before us, he got clubs promoted on a shoestring budget, but he's had a big budget at all of birmingham, Hull, Sunderland, and ourselves... All of whom as it happens ended up in financial trouble after he left... Wouldn't be surprised to see him ending up at Stoke, where again, he'd have money, and some of the better players in the division to work with.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:16 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:I'd actually like to see him get a job but one with less resources than he's had at his previous clubs, just out of interest, to see how he'd get on,if he did well then good luck to him, but I suspect he wouldn't do anywhere near as good as someone like Mick McCarthy has done at Wolves and Ipswich, or Warnock at Cardiff and other teams... For some reason there seems to be this myth, that before us, he got clubs promoted on a shoestring budget, but he's had a big budget at all of birmingham, Hull, Sunderland, and ourselves... All of whom as it happens ended up in financial trouble after he left... Wouldn't be surprised to see him ending up at Stoke, where again, he'd have money, and some of the better players in the division to work with.

Back in August or September someone called Radio 5 and whined about Mourinho and how ManU should bring in Bruce as manager because he is ManU through and through and would sort out their problems. Maybe now's their chance! It's no more than they all deserve!
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:13 am

One of the pundits on talksport was calling for United to appoint Him until the end of the season, after he'd been sacked by us, with the reasoning being that he supports them ( I think he actually supports Newcastle), and knows the club inside out... Speaking of Newcastle, I wouldn't be overly surprised if he ends up there when Rafa decides to leave, after the likes of Pardew, Kinnear, McClaren, Carver and Wise, it seems the kind of appointment that Ashley would make, just to spite the Newcastle fans... Although he says he's in talks to sell them.

One thing that might get in his way of getting a top job, is that at the moment, Allardyce, Moyes, Pardew, O'Neill and Huges are all available, so if a Prem team, or one towards the top of the Championhip are looking for an experienced UK manager, they might look towards those first, but no doubt Bruce will have his friends in the media putting in a good word for him.

I wouldn't actually begrudge him some success, just as long as it's not at the expense of us.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:49 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:at the moment, Allardyce, Moyes, Pardew, O'Neill and Huges are all available

Maybe everyone's cottoning onto them all. I suppose you could add Wenger to that list.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:45 pm

They'll probably find work sooner or later, as clubs become desperate, either to avoid relegation, or to get promoted from the Championship... It wasn't until November last year that Pardew, Moyes and Allardyce found work, and to be fair the latter two, managed to keep their clubs from getting relegated, Hughes did the same at Southampton after being appointed in March.

I wouldn't list Wenger amongst them, he just grew a bit stale at Arsenal, but he did brilliantly to just keep getting them in the top four for as long as he did, and his brand of football is still lightyears ahead of typical old school British football. Since leaving Arsenal, he's been linked with PSG, AC Milan, Real Madrid, Manchester United and Bayern Munich, the others will end up at a struggling Premier league team at best.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:30 am

Really hope Potato Head ends up at Leeds or Norwich or Middlesboro or the Boggies or Forest in fact any one of our promotion rivals because he is that awful!
2 of the bottom PL sides just changed managers and none of the dinosaurs looked at? Time for Big Sam, Moyes, Pardew, O'Neill and Hughes to all go retire!
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:06 pm

Looks like he's going to get the Wednesday job if reports are to believed. Have had a look on 'Owlstalk', and their fans seem surprisingly happy about it. Might be a chance for us to get rid of a few unwanted players as well... He'll also be reunited with Onomah.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:31 pm

Fuck me the ghost of Bruce-y past was definitely lingering over the second half today.

I FUCKING HATE STEVE BRUCE AND EVERYTHING HE DID TO THIS CLUB.
VTID85

Bruce's time - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:58 pm

VTID85 wrote:Fuck me the ghost of Bruce-y past was definitely lingering over the second half today.

I FUCKING HATE STEVE BRUCE AND EVERYTHING HE DID TO THIS CLUB.

Including what he did to our defence. No, it'll be fine, we'll play Jedinak at CB, we don't need anyone else.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:17 pm

Lets hope that after todays second half its the last we see of Bruce's playbook, Elmo you total twonk.
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:10 pm

Has been confirmed as the new Wednesday boss, if he gets them in the play-offs, or manages to finish above us (they're only six points behind), we won't hear the last of it.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:47 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Has been confirmed as the new Wednesday boss, if he gets them in the play-offs, or manages to finish above us (they're only six points behind), we won't hear the last of it.

Good news from Villa's point of view as it is less compensation for him as he has taken up another appointment within the first year of his dismissal!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:47 am

The funny thing is looking at the comments of some of their fans, they seem to think he's someone with all these amazing contacts in the game, that will bring them all these amazing players on loan, citing the likes of Snodgrass, Abraham, Grabban, Bolasie, Johnstone and so on, as evidence, I think they'll find that the reason we were able to bring in such players was because of the money we were willing to pay, not because they're desperate to play for Steve Bruce.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:58 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:The funny thing is looking at the comments of some of their fans, they seem to think he's someone with all these amazing contacts in the game, that will bring them all these amazing players on loan, citing the likes of Snodgrass, Abraham, Grabban, Bolasie, Johnstone and so on, as evidence, I think they'll find that the reason we were able to bring in such players was because of the money we were willing to pay, not because they're desperate to play for Steve Bruce.

Hopefully what they’ll end up with is Elmohamady, Whelan, & Hogan. I’d personally drive them to Sheffield, shall we say £5m for all 3?
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:49 pm

I’m a Villa fan working in Sheffield & the guys I work with are under no illusion what they’re getting.
Not starting until feb 1st worries me though, the window will be shut & it’ll be too late to get Elmo & Jedi moved on , although I should imagine Barcelona are probably onto their agents as we speak
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:05 pm

VillaBill wrote:I’m a Villa fan working in Sheffield & the guys I work with are under no illusion what they’re getting.
Not starting until feb 1st worries me though, the window will be shut & it’ll be too late to get Elmo & Jedi moved on , although I should imagine Barcelona are probably onto their agents as we speak

Why would Sheffield have to wait for Bruce to start before buying anyone? I'm sure if they've given him some money to spend he'll already be at work.

I did like the joke on Twitter that he'd put 'there or therabouts' into his sat nav and is currently somewhere in the Peak District having lunch with Jedinak.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:20 pm

I'm not sure if Bruce will be in for any of our players, maybe Elmohamady, considering they've already been together at Sunderland, Hull and Villa...

Bunn, Richards, Hutton, De Laet, Elphick, Jedinak, Whelan, Lyden and Adomah are all out of contract at the end of the season anyway, so one way or another, we'll be rid of a lot of the 'deadwood' soon enough whichever of the two given alternatives is the case.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:06 pm

I'd keep Adomah from that lot. Funny how three of them are RBs and all three have spent varying lengths of time frozen out.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:53 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:I'm not sure if Bruce will be in for any of our players, maybe Elmohamady, considering they've already been together at Sunderland, Hull and Villa...

Bunn, Richards, Hutton, De Laet, Elphick, Jedinak, Whelan, Lyden and Adomah are all out of contract at the end of the season anyway, so one way or another, we'll be rid of a lot of the 'deadwood' soon enough whichever of the two given alternatives is the case.

That little lot probably represents a figure around £10-12m per year in salary.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:05 pm

I was mistaken about Adomah, he's contracted until 2020, as Bruce was going to let him go for free on deadline day I presumed he was in the last year of his deal.

Jed Steer is also out of contract in the summer, and a bunch of our u23s, including, Harry McKirdy, Easah Suliman, Callum O’Hare, Kelsey Mooney, Mitchell Clark, Harvey Knibbs, and Jacob Bedeau.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum