The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Bruce's time

+10
avfc85
smetro
De Kuip
achilles
STO67
VillaBill
Dazzle
FoxyAV
UnclePanda
Saunders82
14 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Bruce's time - Page 3 Empty Re: Bruce's time

Post by achilles Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:13 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:I was mistaken about Adomah, he's contracted until 2020, as Bruce was going to let him go for free on deadline day I presumed he was in the last year of his deal.

Jed Steer is also out of contract in the summer, and a bunch of our u23s, including, Harry McKirdy, Easah Suliman, Callum O’Hare, Kelsey Mooney, Mitchell Clark, Harvey Knibbs, and Jacob Bedeau.

I think it will be time for a big clear out, can't see anybody getting a new contract, fresh starts for everybody!
achilles
achilles

Bruce's time - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:16 am

Not only are a lot of players coming to the end of their contracts this summer but also we will have a lot of players who will only have one year left on their deals, including - Elmohamady, Bjarnason, Adomah, Chester, Kodjia, Gardner, Hourihane, Tshibola, Davis, Green, Hepburn-Murphy, and Doyle-Hayes - so a number of those will probably be sold as well.
deadbuzzardalive

Bruce's time - Page 3 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:51 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Not only are a lot of players coming to the end of their contracts this summer but also we will have a lot of players who will only have one year left on their deals, including - Elmohamady, Bjarnason, Adomah, Chester, Kodjia, Gardner, Hourihane, Tshibola, Davis, Green, Hepburn-Murphy, and Doyle-Hayes - so a number of those will probably be sold as well.

Green can't even get into the Portsmouth side as I noticed he was on the bench for them, a complete overall is required to increase the quality of our youth.
achilles
achilles

Bruce's time - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:18 am

[quote="achilles"]
deadbuzzardalive wrote:Green can't even get into the Portsmouth side as I noticed he was on the bench for them, a complete overall is required to increase the quality of our youth.

I wonder why. I mean they're doing really well, top of the league and did that without Green because he arrived there and almost immediately went off for an operation. I can't imagine it's because he's not good enough, more that their squad is working and there's little point disrupting it. But if anyone knows any different it would be interesting to find out.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:33 pm

As far as I'm aware our academy has a catergory one status, to get that you need to be deemed to be offering first class facilities, coaching, education, and welfare... But before the takeover in the summer we were about to be downgraded, despite the fact that Round was meant to have made big improvements... Presumably the new regime have convinced the authorities not to downgrade us, and have promised to take steps to put things right.

When you look at it, over the years we have produced a lot of players that have been successful in the top two divisions, off the top of my head there's... Clark, Baker, Cahill, Lichaj, Hogg, Bannan, Albrighton, Johnson, Robinson, Weimann, Grealish, Sturridge, Whittingham, the Gardners, Agbonlahor, Graham and others... Not exactly superstars, but a lot of those would get in our team at the moment...

What is noticable though, is that all those will have graduated a while back now, Grealish and Robinson are the youngest, and they're both 23, since those two we haven't really produced anyone who's made much of an impact, so we definitely need to improve.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3