The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Aston Villa v Burton Albion Pre & Match Thread

+6
andrew24561
deadbuzzardalive
NARLA24
De Kuip
Villa_Dan
achilles
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Aston Villa v Burton Albion Pre & Match Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Aston Villa v Burton Albion Pre & Match Thread

Post by Guest Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:35 pm

FoxyAV wrote:I think we do give academy players time on the pitch, just not as much time as we'd like! Grealish, Green, Davis, Audrey and O'Hare this season (any more?), which isn't bad. Of late we've had Baker and Clark too. I can't see any comparisons with other teams on the internet, there are lots of articles listing the top 20 academies based on how many graduates play in the Premier League but how well the likes of Albrighton and Cahill are doing is of little consequence to us now!

Grealish I'll give you, but Grealish should have been given first team football WAY earlier. Green wasn't really given a shot until last season due to injuries or whatever it was. O'Hare has never been given a shot. Davis got his chance cause Bruce literally had no other options in the striker department. RHM has never gotten his chance. I think I've seen him subbed on twice.

We are just awful at it. It was the same with Gary Cahill. He never got enough first team football early enough.

Ultimately this is very subjective, but in my opinion and experience first team football in as young a age as possible as much as possible is nothing but positive.

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa v Burton Albion Pre & Match Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Aston Villa v Burton Albion Pre & Match Thread

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:36 pm

Bruce didn't buy Jedinak, but he's a big fan, I'm not saying we should put one of Whelan or Jedinak in the equivalent of a bomb squad, I'm sure they will both come in handy as the season goes on, just that there wasn't really a need to have them both on the bench on Saturday, I suppose Bruce would justify it by saying that Jedinak was there as a defender.

Last edited by deadbuzzardalive on Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
deadbuzzardalive

Aston Villa v Burton Albion Pre & Match Thread - Page 3 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:45 pm

Joppe84 wrote:
FoxyAV wrote:I think we do give academy players time on the pitch, just not as much time as we'd like! Grealish, Green, Davis, Audrey and O'Hare this season (any more?), which isn't bad. Of late we've had Baker and Clark too. I can't see any comparisons with other teams on the internet, there are lots of articles listing the top 20 academies based on how many graduates play in the Premier League but how well the likes of Albrighton and Cahill are doing is of little consequence to us now!

Grealish I'll give you, but Grealish should have been given first team football WAY earlier. Green wasn't really given a shot until last season due to injuries or whatever it was. O'Hare has never been given a shot. Davis got his chance cause Bruce literally had no other options in the striker department. RHM has never gotten his chance. I think I've seen him subbed on twice.

We are just awful at it. It was the same with Gary Cahill. He never got enough first team football early enough.

Ultimately this is very subjective, but in my opinion and experience first team football in as young a age as possible as much as possible is nothing but positive.

So what you're saying is "I think we do give academy players time on the pitch, just not as much time as we'd like!"?
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Aston Villa v Burton Albion Pre & Match Thread - Page 3 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:02 pm

No. I don't think we do or O'Hare, RHM, Hayes ++ would play a lot more, but it's hard to claim we don't give them any time, as the evidence shows us we do, but the question is why only some players and why are seniors preferred in most cases. And why are we giving them so limited time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum