The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Aston Villa v Burton Albion Pre & Match Thread

+6
andrew24561
deadbuzzardalive
NARLA24
De Kuip
Villa_Dan
achilles
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Aston Villa v Burton Albion Pre & Match Thread Empty Aston Villa v Burton Albion Pre & Match Thread

Post by achilles Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:51 pm

Seeing as I have never started a match thread here we go:

Can't see any changes in the side as it justifies itself by winning, be interesting to see if either of the loan players get any playing time, they should at some point in the game.

Anyway this is a home banker, no mistakes, no complacency, just get the job done in a ruthless fashion.

This is the game that Grealish runs the show and proves that he is up for the rest of the season and Hogan gets a couple to gee him up, but most of all we play football because if we can't play football against Burton when can we ever play football against anybody.

So a 4 - 0 victory for me and I hope after tomorrow Burton go on a winning streak and stay up as the are a lovely club!
achilles
achilles

Aston Villa v Burton Albion Pre & Match Thread 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa v Burton Albion Pre & Match Thread Empty Re: Aston Villa v Burton Albion Pre & Match Thread

Post by Villa_Dan Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:32 pm

3-1

Hourihan, Adomah and a late 1st from Grabban
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Aston Villa v Burton Albion Pre & Match Thread 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa v Burton Albion Pre & Match Thread Empty Re: Aston Villa v Burton Albion Pre & Match Thread

Post by De Kuip Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:55 pm

5-0 and the crowd goes wild!

Warm up for the pikeys cup final in a couple of weeks
De Kuip
De Kuip

Aston Villa v Burton Albion Pre & Match Thread 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:56 pm

Stereotypical banana skin is possible but confident we will get the 3 points needed. Dont care what the score is just win.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:09 pm

Grabban won't be involved tomorrow, Bruce wants him to have a full week of training with us first, because he hasn't played since December 23rd. Tomorrow is a must win game, ideally by a big scoreline to improve our goal difference relative to Derby's, but I'm fearful that things aren't going to go quite to plan.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by andrew24561 Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:55 pm

a win with a hatful of goals would be nice but I'll settle for the 3 points
andrew24561
andrew24561

Aston Villa v Burton Albion Pre & Match Thread 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:50 am

I'd like to see Green on the bench in case Adomah is having a rubbish match or so Adomah can move to the right if anything happens to Snodgrass.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:56 am

NARLA24 wrote:Stereotypical banana skin is possible but confident we will get the 3 points needed. Dont care what the score is just win.

Too true Narla, but I think we have the senior players who know the ways of football, Agnew has also added to the management team so I think we will be professional and bring back the points, for me this could be a cricket score or a dogged one nil it all depends on the start Burton have for me, as long as we get the points I'm not really bovvered. Aston Villa v Burton Albion Pre & Match Thread 1520050566 Aston Villa v Burton Albion Pre & Match Thread 1520050566
Saunders82
Saunders82

Aston Villa v Burton Albion Pre & Match Thread 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:41 pm

1-0 loss

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:20 pm

Seems like Burton are doing reasonably well. Hope that changes soon. Cardiff 1-0 up away at Leeds could definitely do with that scoreline changing.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:27 pm

Had a feeling it was going to be a frustrating afternoon, way too much confidence going around. Disapointing to not see any of Green, Hepburn-Murphy or O'Hare on the bench as well, it's going to be hard for us to change things, should we continue to struggle.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:36 pm

get in!
Let's hope the floodgates open now!
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:39 pm

Feckin derby in front and Brentford have a man sent off after 21 minutes ffs. Are Derby the new Wolves playing against 10 men every week.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:40 pm

Derbeh 2-0 up now I can see them banging a few in today and increasing their GD .
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:50 pm

Cardiff scored their second as well so today has really become a dont lose ground day rather than one where we hope others slip up. I guess Brizzle losing is a bonus and not really sure what the best result at 5.30 is for us? A draw or hope Wolves lose and then we're within 3 wins of them.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:05 pm

My wish to see Green on the bench didn't work out. Still, Bruce has four defensive midfielders to choose from.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:15 pm

Dirty Leeds also have had a player sent off and so have Sheff wed so all 3 teams I wanted to lose today are wimning easily and playing against 10 men. Fecking unbelievable.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:26 pm

Breathing space thank fuck!
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:27 pm

FoxyAV wrote:My wish to see Green on the bench didn't work out. Still, Bruce has four defensive midfielders to choose from.
I know- I mean wtf is that bench all about?
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:57 pm

Well I predicted 5 goals just expected them all from Villa!

Still, we've not lost ground so onwards and hopefully upwards Scarf Waving
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:21 pm

I think we underestimated Burton. They were up for it and we weren't.

Not happy but an acceptable 3  points to keep us ticking over. Grealish was great, Hogan worked his bollocks off, and Thor was again very good in his role.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:40 pm

De Kuip wrote:
FoxyAV wrote:My wish to see Green on the bench didn't work out. Still, Bruce has four defensive midfielders to choose from.
I know- I mean wtf is that bench all about?

Well, Bruce signed one of them and borrowed two so maybe he feels obliged to justify it all. Onomah isn't a left winger but I'm assuming that's where he was played? I suppose the idea was to go two up, bring on the defensive players and sit back and let the opposition have a go.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:08 pm

Didn't get to see the match, but I just watched the highlights and Hogan's goal was some very good football. Passing it around and players didn't stop moving after releasing the ball. Good stuff.

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:18 pm

Didn't realise the last time we won 6 in a row was 1990.
Blimey!
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:27 pm

De Kuip wrote:Didn't realise the last time we won 6 in a row was 1990.
Blimey!

That can't be right

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next