The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Robert Snodgrass signs for the Villa

+9
big ming
deadbuzzardalive
achilles
avfc forever
Villa Ranger
Villa_Dan
Saunders82
Wriggle
AstonThriller
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Robert Snodgrass signs for the Villa Empty Robert Snodgrass signs for the Villa

Post by AstonThriller Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:45 pm

Confirmed on the official site just now. A loan for the rest of the season with an option to make it permanent. Dancing Banana Robert Snodgrass signs for the Villa 1520050566 cheers Beer Scarf Waving

Imo Snodgrass is arguably be the best player at the club bar Kodjia!!!. I mean let me spell out the facts again for those who don't know. Last season these were his stats in all competitions.

Played= 38
Scored= 9
Assists= 6

When was the last time we had a creative midfielder with those stats in the Premiership? I'll tell you, it was the Young, Milner and Downing days. And three of those nine goals were via freekicks btw, which is another massive bonus as I can't recall us scoring a freekick for years.

Here's some of his goals and assists from last season.

Goal vs West Brom HERE

Goal vs Everton HERE

Goal vs Burnley HERE

Goal and assist vs Southampton HERE

Goal vs Exeter HERE

Goal vs Newcastle HERE

Goal vs Leicester HERE

Assist vs Swansea HERE

Penalty and assist vs Palace HERE

We saw how potent our attack could be last weekend. I hope Snoddy will take it to an even higher level now aswell. This is a proven premiership class player we've got here. Just like Terry, Whelan, Elmo etc. SO COME ON VILLA!!.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Robert Snodgrass signs for the Villa 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Robert Snodgrass signs for the Villa Empty Re: Robert Snodgrass signs for the Villa

Post by Wriggle Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:54 pm

My guess is we'll see Elmo play at right back now.

Great signing, and makes us look very strong now.
Wriggle
Wriggle

Robert Snodgrass signs for the Villa 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Robert Snodgrass signs for the Villa Empty Re: Robert Snodgrass signs for the Villa

Post by Saunders82 Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:02 pm

AstonThriller wrote:Confirmed on the official site just now. A loan for the rest of the season with an option to make it permanent.  Dancing Banana Robert Snodgrass signs for the Villa 1520050566 cheers Beer Scarf Waving

Imo Snodgrass is arguably be the best player at the club bar Kodjia!!!. I mean let me spell out the facts again for those who don't know. Last season these were his stats in all competitions.

Played= 38
Scored= 9
Assists= 6

When was the last time we had a creative midfielder with those stats in the Premiership? I'll tell you, it was the Young, Milner and Downing days. And three of those nine goals were via freekicks btw, which is another massive bonus as I can't recall us scoring a freekick for years.

Here's some of his goals and assists from last season.

Goal vs West Brom HERE

Goal vs Everton HERE

Goal vs Burnley HERE

Goal and assist vs Southampton HERE

Goal vs Exeter HERE

Goal vs Newcastle HERE

Goal vs Leicester HERE

Assist vs Swansea HERE

Penalty and assist vs Palace HERE

We saw how potent our attack could be last weekend. I hope Snoddy will take it to an even higher level now aswell. This is a proven premiership class player we've got here. Just like Terry, Whelan, Elmo etc. SO COME ON VILLA!!.

He will give us plenty of extra options, can't wait to see how things pan out. Robert Snodgrass signs for the Villa 1520050566 Robert Snodgrass signs for the Villa 1520050566 Robert Snodgrass signs for the Villa 1520050566
Saunders82
Saunders82

Robert Snodgrass signs for the Villa 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:13 pm

We desperately needed a left footed winger

He gives us a different option on either side
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Robert Snodgrass signs for the Villa 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:26 pm

Great news.

It was worth watching the Burnley clip just to hear how gutted their twat of a commentator was when Snodgrass scored in the 95th minute haha.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Robert Snodgrass signs for the Villa 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:54 pm

https://youtu.be/hTqJ2fdDW5c

I'll have a bit of that Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa Ranger Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:16 pm

Saunders82 wrote:https://youtu.be/hTqJ2fdDW5c

I'll have a bit of that Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana

I'm so fucking stoked about this signing it's unreal.  cheers

Everything about this fella seems like the real deal, and the overriding impression I get from that interview is:

"I've got something to prove"

"I can't wait to get started."

"I know Steve Bruce."

"Steve Bruce knows me."

"I'm comfortable at my new club."

Now, I hope I'm not being over-optimistic, but he sounds like a player that's gonna come out of the blocks like Usain Bolt (*spit*).

Can't wait to see him playing in a Villa shirt. Scarf Waving
Villa Ranger
Villa Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc forever Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:14 pm

Welcome to Villa Robert.
avfc forever
avfc forever

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:19 pm

I just hope that Bruce plays him in the correct position (one that Snodgrass is happy with because that was what upset him at West Ham)!
achilles
achilles

Robert Snodgrass signs for the Villa 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:47 am

Only just realised Snodgrass is now number 7. Let's hope we get more out of him than we did Bacuna!
Really looking forward to seeing him in the team and what he'll bring come match day.
Still intrigued to see how Bruce will shift those around him and I'll be sad for Adomah if he gets knocked down the pecking order even further. It's not even like shifting him to the opposite wing and asking him to cut inside is an option cos of how well Green is playing there. I do hope he continues to be a part of the team cos I think he's a good lad and a decent player - certainly no worse than Elmo.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:55 am

If we don't get promoted it will be the worst managerial (if that's a word) performance ever.

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:43 am

I think Bruce will play Elmohamady as much as possible, as he's quite obviously one of his favourites, can see Snodgrass playing behind the striker and Onomah switching to the left, meaning Green will miss out, with the reasoning being that he's young and can't play every game.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:49 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:I think Bruce will play Elmohamady as much as possible, as he's quite obviously one of his favourites, can see Snodgrass playing behind the striker and Onomah switching to the left, meaning Green will miss out, with the reasoning being that he's young and can't play every game.

Snoddy has made it clear he wants to play on the right though so I can't see this happening tbh. The fact that Elmo can play right-back aswell gives Bruce another option if he's determined to play him.

Last edited by AstonThriller on Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Robert Snodgrass signs for the Villa 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:55 pm

It feels like an eternity since he signed, hopefully he can help us get our season back on track.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:57 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:It feels like an eternity since he signed, hopefully he can help us get our season back on track.

Yeah I'll be really interested to see how he does. Obviously need to cut him some slack as everything is brand new and he's not had much game time at Wet Spam but a good player is a good player so I expect him to still do well even given the above. Although dunno how much impact he'll have on the game as SB is going to play him at LB Robert Snodgrass signs for the Villa 498107619
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:56 am

He could easily be the catalyst that sets our season alight, he is that good a player especially at this level.
As pointed out though he won't make an impression at LB so hopefully Bruce plays him in a position where he can the greatest influence, which in my opinion is the role just behind Davis/Hogan as a number 10.
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:05 pm

@achilles I think that would be great, but I can see SB starting him on the right as that's where he wants to play by all accounts.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:36 pm

De Kuip wrote:@achilles I think that would be great, but I can see SB starting him on the right as that's where he wants to play by all accounts.

I think the only position that he doesn't want to play is on the left from all accounts and that includes LB! lol!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:54 pm

Oh, I'm sure SB will find a way to play him there................
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:24 pm

Anybody else think Snodgrass has been anything other that very ordinary so far? Against Forest, his speciality seemed to be giving away/losing the ball in advanced positions.
big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:42 pm

Personally I think he has done well and will only get better.
He hasn't played for a while yet he still seems to cover more ground than most. He has added that little bit extra going forward.
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:50 pm

It's a difficult one. To be fair he's been in the footballing wilderness for a while before joining us so it's hard to know how long it takes any player to get back to proper match standard. Plus I still genuinely think team confidence is still fragile at present. There's a lot of talk currently about confidence at the club, and when that happens around sports it generally points to a lack of it. You don't often hear teams at the top talking about confidence.
I'm definitely willing to see how he improves this part of his game over the next couple of months. What I don't know is whether or not it's a facet of his game that's always been there in some part.
I'd like to think its more about being desperate to do well and maybe putting himself under pressure than ability to retain possession. It may also be that the options provided by teammates are less than he's used to so he's hanging on to the ball too long.
I'll definitely watch out for how he does in future games now you've highlighted it, be interesting to see if there's any improvement.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:06 am

big ming wrote:Anybody else think Snodgrass has been anything other that very ordinary so far? Against Forest, his speciality seemed to be giving away/losing the ball in advanced positions.

Still think he is a quality player, just needs to get up to full fitness and his confidence will return.
If you notice when Davis played the ball to Adomah for his pass back to the Norwich keeper in the first half, Snodgrass was totally unmarked for the square ball across to him if Adomah had bothered to look up.
To be fair to Adomah he is not used to having other Villa players in the box, which is one of Villa's greatest failings not supporting the attacking players.
A very similar thing happened when Davis had the ball on the right side of the penalty area and in the end put a floaty cross over that went for a goal kick, Hourihane was screaming for the pull back on the edge of the penalty area and he was totally unmarked. Hourihane went mad at Davis afterwards.
In conclusion we still don't play as a team but a bunch of talented individuals relying on a bit of flair to get us results.
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:38 am

Given how long it's taken for Terry to perform I'm willing to give him time. The good thing for us is that during that time we seem to be wining...
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:18 pm

I haven't listened to AVFC match coverage since that bloke who was rubbish left and they started charging (no coincidence, I'm sure) but Snoddy should be doing all the highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=171&v=t-fY_6JR0UU
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next