The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Reading vs Aston Villa (could this be his last stand?)

+23
gaffer85
Barabass
The Utterer
LVBrit
Wookster
Jae1411
Dions_Bald_Head
avfc forever
Fpuppys
Saunders82
Boldfinger
jeffvilla
Villa_Dan
NARLA24
big ming
Dazzle
holtehero
De Kuip
deadbuzzardalive
FoxyAV
DelboyVilla
achilles
AstonThriller
27 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Reading vs Aston Villa (could this be his last stand?) - Page 4 Empty Re: Reading vs Aston Villa (could this be his last stand?)

Post by Saunders82 Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:31 pm

Wolves winning 2 - 1
Saunders82
Saunders82

Reading vs Aston Villa (could this be his last stand?) - Page 4 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Reading vs Aston Villa (could this be his last stand?) - Page 4 Empty Re: Reading vs Aston Villa (could this be his last stand?)

Post by Wookster Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:32 pm

Hogans gone already, Gabbys on
Wookster
Wookster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:37 pm

I'm seeing the BBC stats informing me that Reading have had 84% possession after 35 minutes, 5 shots to Villa's 1. Sounds like Bruce has gone there not to lose and so negative as fuck
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:38 pm

With the squad we have we should NOT be scratting for bits like this, what do the coaching team do all week, Jeeeezzzzz Reading vs Aston Villa (could this be his last stand?) - Page 4 1306727784
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:39 pm

Just seen a stat that we've completed 34 passes... Reading have completed 246.
deadbuzzardalive

Reading vs Aston Villa (could this be his last stand?) - Page 4 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:51 pm

Theres a live feed on Facebook its not that bad either

https://www.facebook.com/darren.woodley.54/videos/10210176247743364/

Sorry its stopped,

Last edited by Saunders82 on Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:51 pm

We are just plain terrible. Bye bye Bruce.

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:59 pm

Right, well I only saw from when Hogan went off injured (typical), but from what I can see when they attacked a couple of times, it was like watching us against Cardiff again. I do think we came into it more as the half drew to a close, but I have noticed one recurring trait. In and around the box we simply do not track the player once they have given the ball, certainly I've seen Thor and Chester (surprisingly) both guilty multiple times - we just do not work hard enough to stay close, and subsequently, when the player receives a return ball, they have space. We are also retreating to a defensive line about a metre or so inside our box, whilst Reading are forming their attack string about a metre outside, so as a defensive unit we are giving them a sight on goal because we are allowing a lateral corridor of space to form along the outside edge of our box. We have to move forward a metre and defend on the edge of our area. I also think we are not seeing a solid DM job happening in front of that defence - a la Jedinak - and I think that is contributing to why the corridor I mention above keeps forming.
Of course, if we aren't retaining possession up top, and we are not retaining possession on the way to up top (cos we're hoofing it), then these defensive and defensive midfield frailties will be even more evident.
It's difficult cos that's just from 15 mins on a less than perfect video feed, but we have to be better at building from the back and addressing the issues I've outlined above.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Reading vs Aston Villa (could this be his last stand?) - Page 4 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:04 pm

Spot on DK. And there is not proactive marking. They let players move into space, recieve the ball and after this has happened we start moving around to regain it, but at this level even, this is too late. We have to be proactive in our movements.

There's also a distinct lack of urgency and fight in this side. They just waffle about.

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:05 pm

1 nil down deflected shot
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:05 pm

Taxi for Bruce
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:06 pm

70 complete passes from Villa in the first half compared to Reading 320 and were 1-0 down> fuck off Bruce
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:07 pm

Our half time talks must be a real eye opener, motivational NOT
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:08 pm

I'd take full time now, and Bruce sacked; club needs to act before our promotion hopes are vanished.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:10 pm

Going down the pub me lord, feel sorry for the 4000 that made the effort to travel down to Reading to support this pile of crap.
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:12 pm

Joppe84 wrote:Spot on DK. And there is not proactive marking. They let players move into space, recieve the ball and after this has happened we start moving around to regain it, but at this level even, this is too late. We have to be proactive in our movements.

There's also a distinct lack of urgency and fight in this side. They just waffle about.

Yep totally agree Joppe - proactive - that's not description anyone could level at Bruce - everything he does is an attempt to react or nullify.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by LVBrit Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:12 pm

2-0
LVBrit

Reading vs Aston Villa (could this be his last stand?) - Page 4 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:13 pm

Fuck off Bruce. I'm done with him. He needed 6 points from the games this week. This is fucking embarrassing.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:13 pm

LVBrit wrote:2-0

FFS how far will we fall Reading vs Aston Villa (could this be his last stand?) - Page 4 1401410211
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:14 pm

Feck me missed both goals trying to reload the feed!
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:14 pm

Season is over already for me. I tipped Wolves for promotion before the start of the season and i'll stick by that. We needed a strong start instead it's the usual drawing at home losing away form which is relegation form.

Watching this trips there is not a cat in hells chance of promotion lol!
The Utterer
The Utterer

Reading vs Aston Villa (could this be his last stand?) - Page 4 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:16 pm

the whole management team need to fuck off.
I'm sure the players would be better without them.
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:16 pm

Worse thing is we are not showing any fight, or goal threat
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:17 pm

De Kuip wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:Spot on DK. And there is not proactive marking. They let players move into space, recieve the ball and after this has happened we start moving around to regain it, but at this level even, this is too late. We have to be proactive in our movements.

Yep totally agree Joppe - proactive - that's not  description anyone could level at Bruce - everything he does is an attempt to react or nullify.

Another thing. Look at how Reading or any other team roll up attacks. They hold the ball, bring up players and pass into players on the move, thus they keep pressure going. When you look at us, we once again can't get rid of the ball fast enough. We have the best squad in the league and we are shit scared of playing football on the pitch. It's absurd.

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:17 pm

Bruce has to go tomorrow surely now, if Wyness advises Xia to stick him, I'd sack him as well, if I was Xia.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next