The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Steve Bruce thread

+45
LVBrit
holtehero
achilles
FoxyAV
smetro
deadbuzzardalive
DelboyVilla
The Utterer
AstonThriller
Dazzle
Thinman
Saunders82
Wookster
Villa Ranger
danclare82
Dions_Bald_Head
big ming
Gordonsleftboot
Wriggle
Cha Ching
Villa_Dan
1Elliot
Jae1411
mefromhere
gaffer85
Peter
jeffvilla
UnclePanda
Army villain
Con
Boldfinger
Trotters
De Kuip
VTID85
avfc forever
NARLA24
4BetLite
ember
gdav
Rawlie
DaveAV1
Fpuppys
Synopsis
andrew24561
Barabass
49 posters

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 33 Empty Re: The Steve Bruce thread

Post by AstonThriller Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:58 pm

If Burton beat the noses tomorrow night it's gonna really ramp up the pressure on potato head as we'll be rock bottom of the league going into the game on Saturday. The league might not matter much at this stage, but it would be symbolic of the shocking start we have made if we end up being bottom come Saturday 5pm. A start that would be four points worse than last season after four games.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 33 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:56 pm

I really think that Bruce will have at least till the international break before the board makes a decision, it will be too late for this season by then!
achilles
achilles

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 33 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:02 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:If we come out and play Nrowich off the park and win by 2 or 3 then fair enough. Anything else and he can fuck off and keep going until he ends up in the ocean

Never happen @Villa_Dan I can't remember the last time we won a game (bar pre-season) when we had a greater margin than 1 goal, my bad we beat Rotherham 3-0......fuck knows when and really can't be arsed to find out.
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 33 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:24 pm

If we do lose, I just hope some of the teams near the top of league lose as well, so the gap doesn't widen further, as if it isn't big enough already, then hopefully the club would have the good sense to sack him, or best still Bruce resign, although I notice that four of our next five games are at Villa Park, so I wonder if the club think we can use that spell to turn things around.
deadbuzzardalive

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 33 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:13 am

Can't see where the goals will come from personally. We sucked in attack even with Hogan & Elmo (Who i would say is an attacking threat assists wise) In the team. That was of course a weakened attack even then with Kodija and another of our main scorers last season Grealish out injured. So effectively we are down four of our biggest attacking threats. If you count McCormack as an unusable option for whatever reason it's still another 12m striker we are missing which makes it 5 of our best attackers down!

It's little wonder we are crap in attack in all honesty and i guess this sets up the oppositions tactics for them before a ball is kicked. Basically attack us at will as we pose little threat. It kind of adds up if you look at the last two games.

For me he should chuck in RHM & O'hare as at least we would have some threat then and if it didn't result in wins at least it would give them some experience in the meantime.
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:40 am

I still can't believe he said he hopes Villa look more like a Warnock side after the window closes, I mean I can't think of another manager who'd say they hope their team looks like another just before they're about to play them, Warnock's Cardiff as well at that. Might seem trivial, but I think it speaks to the idea that Bruce respects the opposition way too much, even after Tuesday's game, he said something like you can't expect to see much of the ball against Reading.

The way he talks you'd think we were the minnows of the division. Apparently his press conference is on youtube at 9am, so expect to hear more of the same, will probably talk about Norwich as if they're Borussia Dortmund.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:33 am

The Utterer wrote:Can't see where the goals will come from personally. We sucked in attack even with Hogan & Elmo (Who i would say is an attacking threat assists wise) In the team. That was of course a weakened attack even then with Kodija and another of our main scorers last season Grealish out injured. So effectively we are down four of our biggest attacking threats. If you count McCormack as an unusable option for whatever reason it's still another 12m striker we are missing which makes it 5 of our best attackers down!

It's little wonder we are crap in attack in all honesty and i guess this sets up the oppositions tactics for them before a ball is kicked. Basically attack us at will as we pose little threat. It kind of adds up if you look at the last two games.

For me he should chuck in RHM & O'hare as at least we would have some threat then and if it didn't result in wins at least it would give them some experience in the meantime.

Problem is that we have a ton of attacking players that suit modern football, pass and move, possession play, running channels. Then this utter fool decides football shouldn't be about tactics and coaching and it leads too hoofball. No wonder our attacking players perform bad.

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:50 am

I'm starting to wonder if the McCormack issue is actually a Bruce issue, he called him back into the side for pre-season, and then suddenly bombed him out again, unless he did something drastically wrong I don't really get that. We've got a player who's been one of the top scorers and assistors, in the league, whilst our other strikers are injured, and Bruce doesn't want to know.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:32 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:I'm starting to wonder if the McCormack issue is actually a Bruce issue, he called him back into the side for pre-season, and then suddenly bombed him out again, unless he did something drastically wrong I don't really get that. We've got a player who's been one of the top scorers and assistors, in the league, whilst our other strikers are injured, and Bruce doesn't want to know.

Exactly what I've been thinking. Yes McCormack might have some personal issues that he is dealing with, but now I think about "gategate" I have to be honest and say the treatment of him was pretty brutal, no doubting that Bruce hung him out to dry. I wonder if that was something of a show to appease disgruntled Villa fans who had grown used to players getting it easy at the Villa? It certainly made Bruce popular at the time. The more I think about the more his dismissal/leaving becomes necessary, Mr Xia I hope has been doing some of his own research along with his right hand man Ho and pick a new man suitable for 2017 and beyond
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:41 am

Dazzle wrote:
deadbuzzardalive wrote:I'm starting to wonder if the McCormack issue is actually a Bruce issue, he called him back into the side for pre-season, and then suddenly bombed him out again, unless he did something drastically wrong I don't really get that. We've got a player who's been one of the top scorers and assistors, in the league, whilst our other strikers are injured, and Bruce doesn't want to know.

Exactly what I've been thinking. Yes McCormack might have some personal issues that he is dealing with, but now I think about "gategate" I have to be honest and say the treatment of him was pretty brutal, no doubting that Bruce hung him out to dry. I wonder if that was something of a show to appease disgruntled Villa fans who had grown used to players getting it easy at the Villa? It certainly made Bruce popular at the time. The more I think about the more his dismissal/leaving becomes necessary, Mr Xia I hope has been doing some of his own research along with his right hand man Ho and pick a new man suitable for 2017 and beyond

hold on, a footballer on massive wages per week, huge house (shit gates) nice cars says he cant get to training because his gates are broke but hes been treated brutal? only on this site.

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:50 am

Bruce has called all the talk this past as 'nonsense and I mean nonsense', talked about it being only three games and again Newcastle's bad start last season was mentioned, still thinks that we were unlucky against Reading and that we were okay in the first half against Cardiff. Looked nervous to me.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:56 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Bruce has called all the talk this past as 'nonsense and I mean nonsense', talked about it being only three games and again Newcastle's bad start last season was mentioned, still thinks that we were unlucky against Reading and that we were okay in the first half against Cardiff. Looked nervous to me.

I honestly think he will turn it around, 43 odd games left yet, remember sunderland when they won the league? didn't they loose the first five??

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:08 am

jimbop wrote:
I honestly think he will turn it around, 43 odd games left yet, remember sunderland when they won the league? didn't they loose the first five??

Lost the first 4, binned Quinn as manager on 28th August and then won the league. Not the greatest example to make for arguing to keep Bruce mate
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:12 am

Villa_Dan wrote:
jimbop wrote:

Lost the first 4, binned Quinn as manager on 28th August and then won the league. Not the greatest example to make for arguing to keep Bruce mate

that's why there were question marks after the sentence. didn't they, not they did

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:53 am

He could very well turn it around, but it's impossible to tell.

What makes me so utterly deflated about AVFC under SB is the fact that the football is shit to watch. If we had a game plan that showed promise and we utilized youth (like Bree over Hutton), then fair enough. But what I'm observing is the direct opposite. Despite claiming we will rely on youth, we aren't utilizing youth players much at all. Instead he complains about lack of transfer funds and sign more bang average championship players. He plays Hutton over Bree. Ignores Davis, O'Hare, RHM, Bedeau, Doyle-Hayes and Suliman. Then add the utter boring shite football he serves up, where we hoof the ball for 90 minutes and look shit scared in possession.

It takes some doing making a person deflated about AVFC after the last 10 years, but he's certainly managed it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:19 am

my problem is that there is no game plan what so ever it's just kick and rush under 8's football.
There is no light at the end of the tunnel. For that alone Bruce must go.
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:38 am

I really don't understand the situation with McCormack.
Here we have one of the best strikers in this league nowhere to be seen!
All Bruce is doing with his attitude is devaluing McCormack, so we will have to end up giving him away.
I just see this situation as a win - win situation, play McCormack as he a point to prove to Villa and to potential buyers, it also shows that he is still a valuable asset to AV so his value remains higher.
With our present striker shortage it is even more pressing that Bruce puts his prejudices aside and play him in the number 10 position behind say Davies who holds the ball up well (or Gabby if we have too).

Good grief, to me it all seems so bl**dy simple, how does Bruce make it so bl**dy hard?
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:40 am

McCormack has looked shite to me. He's also looked overweight and generally unfit. I couldn't give a shit whether he is frozen out. But with our squad we should be able to dominate without McCormack nonetheless.

I also think it's ace we nailed him for that gate incident. You pay a person stupid money to play football, he lives in luxury have cars we can only dream of and you tell me he can't open a 2 feet tall gate? He couldn't walk? Take a bus? Take a fucking taxi? No that man is one lazy fecker and I have no sympathy.

Last edited by Joppe84 on Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:43 am

bruce has already sad RM is not ready for the first team. if he plays him and it shows hes unfit or whatever then bruce gets slagged, cant win.

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:56 am

Okay then, why is he unfit or not ready for the first team?

This is down to the coaching/fitness coaches at AV, what the f**k do they do down at Bodymoor Heath.
Don't they take an interest in one of our most expensive players and make certain he is fit and ready for the first team.

All those comments to me just show a dereliction of duty down at Bodymoor Heath but perhaps that is not surprising after seeing the performances on the pitch!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:57 am

achilles wrote:Okay then, why is he unfit or not ready for the first team?

This is down to the coaching/fitness coaches at AV, what the f**k do they do down at Bodymoor Heath.
Don't they take an interest in one of our most expensive players and make certain he is fit and ready for the first team.

All those comments to me just show a dereliction of duty down at Bodymoor Heath but perhaps that is not surprising after seeing the performances on the pitch!  

fair point

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:05 pm

jimbop wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:
jimbop wrote:

that's why there were question marks after the sentence. didn't they, not they did

Give it up Jim, you're trying to polish a turd.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:06 pm

Dazzle wrote:
jimbop wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:
jimbop wrote:

Give it up Jim, you're trying to polish a turd.

ok thanks mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:12 pm

jimbop wrote:bruce has already sad RM is not ready for the first team.  if he plays him and it shows hes unfit or whatever then bruce gets slagged, cant win.

Can't win? Are you for real! What if, say, McCormack starts this weekend and bags the performance and goals that win the game (as he has done with at least his previous 2-3 clubs)? Would that be a no win for all concerned? I think not. It would be a win win for Bruce, McCormack, and Aston Villa.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:36 pm

Dazzle wrote:
jimbop wrote:bruce has already sad RM is not ready for the first team.  if he plays him and it shows hes unfit or whatever then bruce gets slagged, cant win.

Can't win? Are you for real! What if, say, McCormack starts this weekend and bags the performance and goals that win the game (as he has done with at least his previous 2-3 clubs)? Would that be a no win for all concerned? I think not. It would be a win win for Bruce, McCormack, and Aston Villa.

what if he don't? whos fault will it be?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next