The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The quality, or lack of Refereeing in football.

+6
Villa_Dan
Villa Ranger
Saunders82
smetro
Trotters
NARLA24
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The quality, or lack of Refereeing in football. Empty The quality, or lack of Refereeing in football.

Post by NARLA24 Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:10 am

Thought i would start this off after watching one of the most biased games by a ref i have ever seen.
Some of the decisions that Cockwomble made yesterday V Newcastle were to say the least embarasing.
Is it just bad luck on our part or was that ref complete dog shite.
Open to the forum
Shelvey for one should have had The quality, or lack of Refereeing in football. 1306727784
We should have had a penalty for a blatant shoulder barge in the area.
And the list goes on.
Complete ineptitude by the worst ref we have had so far this season.
Complete sugarbag of a ref.
NARLA24
NARLA24

The quality, or lack of Refereeing in football. 5_star12

Back to top Go down

The quality, or lack of Refereeing in football. Empty Re: The quality, or lack of Refereeing in football.

Post by Trotters Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:10 pm

I don't know if it was intentional bias as opposed to just plain fuckery. And we've had at least one game of such fuckery go in our favour.

It's amazing the difference between the standard of refs in this league and the prem. I was expecting a slight reduction in competency but it's staggering. I can only imagine the officials in League 1 to be semi-conscious apes if the same trend is in evidence.
Trotters
Trotters

The quality, or lack of Refereeing in football. 5_star13

Back to top Go down

The quality, or lack of Refereeing in football. Empty Re: The quality, or lack of Refereeing in football.

Post by NARLA24 Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:42 pm

Totally agree Trotters mate. The standard is so poor they should not even be allowed to ref a Sunday morning amateur game.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:08 pm

I try not to say bias - because if anything it would be easier for the ref to be biased towards the home side. Yesterday I thought his game handling looked suspect - in the first half he was close to making the game zero contact - he totally mishandled the bit where Amavi put the ball out to allow treatment to a newcastle player .....

In general this season - we seem to be slipping back to allow treatment of players on the pitch. In years gone by this got farcical with huge breaks in play. refs in general need to clamp down on this - with perhaps a bit more backing from the football league..
smetro
smetro

The quality, or lack of Refereeing in football. 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:28 pm

6 minutes of time was added on at the end of the Newcastle game when we were throwing the kitchen sink at them.

Those 2 long injuries added up to 5 minutes on their own. Add on 30 secs for each of the 3 substitutions and another 30 for the goal and we're already up to 7 minutes without any consideration for the usual time added on, the disallowed goal celebrations or the time the Newcastle keeper spent fucking about.

Would that extra couple of minutes have meant us winning the game? Maybe. It's also enough time for us to bugger things up ourselves but the point is, the 4th official was just making shit up as he went along.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:32 pm

I think we have to realise that the refs work their way through the divisions towards the prem, where we presume they are on the ball but we all know that they can sometimes have mares of a game. I think a lot depends on their outlook on the game they see it one way & lots of us see it the other, I think that when they think one team is being a bit physical they tend to show a bit of bias ( we have earned quite a few yellows so far) if that bias is just on one or two incidents its not too bad but when they keep getting it wrong then the fans & players get ticked off. To summerise the refs in the Championship are not the finished article so we have to expect some dogshit performances and they did not disappoint yesterday. The quality, or lack of Refereeing in football. 1306727784 The quality, or lack of Refereeing in football. 1306727784
Saunders82
Saunders82

The quality, or lack of Refereeing in football. 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:54 am

I don't mind the odd clanger from a ref. They're humans and won't be without errors, but what I do mind and what made me furious on Saturday, is a ref that's biased. That's right. He gave them almost every situation known to man. He let them kick the ball away every time we have the chance to counter without giving a yellow card. He ignored the red card on Shelvey. It was shocking.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:46 am

I'll have to watch the game again. I was probably too pissed off at our players to notice everything the referee did (or didn't) do.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:27 am

So, lets see what dogshite ref we get tonight, or maybe we will be surprised
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:10 pm

James Addock is tonights referee. Stats below.
http://www.football-lineups.com/referee/2349/
Oh dear me...Cockwomble referee alert
http://www.football-lineups.com/referee/2349/blog/
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:14 pm

NARLA24 wrote:James Addock is tonights referee. Stats below.
http://www.football-lineups.com/referee/2349/
Oh dear me...Cockwomble referee alert
http://www.football-lineups.com/referee/2349/blog/
This guy seems totally inept going by most of the comments. Could be in for a frustrating night. Seems to be biased towards home teams. Bastard typical The quality, or lack of Refereeing in football. 1306727784
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:51 pm

Blimey! How did you find THAT website? Well done.

Your last refereeing performance was the worst ive seen in footballing history. Two dreadful decisions and a clear expression of biased at the end of the match the worst referee I have ever seen and I shall be making a written complaint to the FA!

lol! Fun and games ahead.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:01 pm

Trotters wrote:Blimey! How did you find THAT website? Well done.

Your last refereeing performance was the worst ive seen in footballing history. Two dreadful decisions and a clear expression of biased at the end of the match the worst referee I have ever seen and I shall be making a written complaint to the FA!

lol! Fun and games ahead.
Trotters mate this could be completely farcical tonight with this clown in charge. Valium time i think mate.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:09 pm

I've not even checked if it's on TV. I hope it is...looking forward to seeing the circus now!!!
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:12 pm

Trotters wrote:I've not even checked if it's on TV. I hope it is...looking forward to seeing the circus now!!!
http://weblivesports.com/barnsley-vs-aston-villa-live-2016/
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:22 pm

Cheers but I'm not going to be up at 4am.

Just had a look on Bein Sports and they're showing Chimps League. Funny thing is that the Newcastle game is now being repeated on Bein Sports 2 and 3.

Useless fuckers, they are.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:03 am

NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa Ranger Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:28 pm

Trotters wrote:6 minutes of time was added on at the end of the Newcastle game when we were throwing the kitchen sink at them.

Those 2 long injuries added up to 5 minutes on their own. Add on 30 secs for each of the 3 substitutions and another 30 for the goal and we're already up to 7 minutes without any consideration for the usual time added on, the disallowed goal celebrations or the time the Newcastle keeper spent fucking about.

Would that extra couple of minutes have meant us winning the game? Maybe. It's also enough time for us to bugger things up ourselves but the point is, the 4th official was just making shit up as he went along.

I'm confused Trotters. I thought it was referee who kept time?

Surely the fourth official's involvement in time-keeping is just to be the 'gimp' who types the number in and holds up the board?

We call it 'time added-on' but I thought that no time is actually added-on at all. The Ref stops his watch when the game stops and starts it again when the game resumes.

When 90 continuous minutes have elapsed from kick-off time, the Ref looks at his watch and, if it says 86 minutes, he tells the 4th official to show 4 minutes. It may take another 4 minutes for his watch to reach 90, or it might take at little longer, depending on whether subs are made, goals scored or injuries occur during this period.

That's how I've always assumed it worked anyway. I stand to be corrected.
Villa Ranger
Villa Ranger

The quality, or lack of Refereeing in football. 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa Ranger Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:52 pm

No. Apparently I'm wrong. That's what happens when you post an opinion, then check it out on t'Interweb after. Bash

So according to a BBC Sport article from 2012, they never stop the watch. The 4th official monitors how long the physios are on the pitch, length of substitutions and all other game stoppages. Since 2011 they have to write each stoppage down so that it can be shown to either club, should they ask to see it.

There are some inconsistencies in this article though. For instance, it says that 'one of the assistants and the fourth official' monitor stoppages but then says that the Ref tells the 4th official how much time to put on the board.

Also, on the official FA website none of these duties are listed under the role of the 4th official. Just says he helps the Ref, monitors substitutions and keeps order in the dugout.
Villa Ranger
Villa Ranger

The quality, or lack of Refereeing in football. 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:40 am

Sounds like it's very much open to which manager can bully the 4th official more.

I'd very much like to think that Bruce can be a far more senior and intimiating figure on the touch line (especially at Villa Park) and ensure that Refs know what is expected of them!
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:07 am

Fergie did it like a pro
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

The quality, or lack of Refereeing in football. 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:36 am

I have been saying for years that some of the decisions made by the referee are totally bias.
Lets see the John Terry hand ball in the penalty area, every man and his dog saw it, the most blatant   hand ball I have every seen the ref was looking at the action and nothing given. The commentators you could hear  were embarrassed, but it was Chelski and we were only Aston Villa.
Tonov having his kecks pulled off in the penalty area nothing given (but a cheap thrill for the ladies) , Huth grabbing and throwing to the ground in the penalty area right in front of the lines men who did nothing. There are a millions decisions made by the ref that are totally unbelievable, but when questioned a wall of silence from the FA. Do I think that there is a bit of corruption in the game not really, but I do think that our standards of refereeing are woefully poor. The quicker we bring technology into the game and right the wrongs of incompetents than I will be a happier man  The quality, or lack of Refereeing in football. 1015550615  Scarf Waving Scarf Waving
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:50 am

jeffvilla wrote:I have been saying for years that some of the decisions made by the referee are totally bias.
Lets see the John Terry hand ball in the penalty area, every man and his dog saw it, the most blatant   hand ball I have every seen the ref was looking at the action and nothing given. The commentators you could hear  were embarrassed, but it was Chelski and we were only Aston Villa.
Tonov having his kecks pulled off in the penalty area nothing given (but a cheap thrill for the ladies) , Huth grabbing and throwing to the ground in the penalty area right in front of the lines men who did nothing. There are a millions decisions made by the ref that are totally unbelievable, but when questioned a wall of silence from the FA. Do I think that there is a bit of corruption in the game not really, but I do think that our standards of refereeing are woefully poor. The quicker we bring technology into the game and right the wrongs of incompetents than I will be a happier man  The quality, or lack of Refereeing in football. 1015550615  Scarf Waving Scarf Waving

If you don't think there is corruption in the richest league in the world then you, Sir, must be Gandhi!
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:56 am

Always try to think the best of people until I am proven wrong Dazzle
Beer
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:51 am

jeffvilla wrote:Always try to think the best of people until I am proven wrong Dazzle
Beer

That's a good place to be Jeff!
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum