The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The quality, or lack of Refereeing in football.

+6
Villa_Dan
Villa Ranger
Saunders82
smetro
Trotters
NARLA24
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The quality, or lack of Refereeing in football. - Page 2 Empty Re: The quality, or lack of Refereeing in football.

Post by Trotters Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:04 am

It is. But all that went out the window for me when that arsehole Dowd failed to send Vidic off in the Cup Final. Because, you know, Ferguson.

All the accusations that had ever been levelled at Man Utd were confirmed right then.

If referees can be controlled then games like that would always be 11 v 12.
Trotters
Trotters

The quality, or lack of Refereeing in football. - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

The quality, or lack of Refereeing in football. - Page 2 Empty Re: The quality, or lack of Refereeing in football.

Post by jeffvilla Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:29 am

Damn right Trotters
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

The quality, or lack of Refereeing in football. - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by andrew24561 Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:23 pm

I referee in the local parks league you want to try it before criticising these officials, you get 1 chance to see any decision, no replays available and trust me the game /decisions to be made are completely different to that seen from the side of the pitch, having said that I'm the first to be moaning at the officials though I do sympathise with them , its not easy.
andrew24561
andrew24561

The quality, or lack of Refereeing in football. - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:05 am

I understand that it is hard for refs to see everything. This is why we need technology to be introduced into the game. With the decision being bias or just wrong this will sort it out the type of decision that was seem by all but not by the ref and linesman 5 yards away.  
I understand that local parks would not have this facility but in the greed league when millions are at stake and the hopes and dream of the supporters rest on a ref that should be attending weekly sessions at spec savers. Ok rant over lying down in a dark room peaceful thoughts   peaceful thoughts   peaceful thoughts    Scarf Waving Scarf Waving
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

The quality, or lack of Refereeing in football. - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:06 am

Having played football for many years, one thing I know is that no way would I ever want to officiate in any way. I've run the line a couple of times and almost had full blown punch ups both times, wankers on the pitch who haven't got a clue whether anyoner was offside or not, but still having a pop.
I do think that the standard is less than what's needed, but that's because what's needed is far more than what one person legging diagonally corner to corner can provide, so bring on the tech FFS.
I also place most of the blame fairly and squarely at the door of tv tossers as well. I was watching some "classic" footie games from the 70s not long ago, and was struck by the lack of replays. At first I was like "wtf, I need to see exactly what happened there", and then, nothing, just on with the action. So it didn't become a "thing", and I forgot about the incident pretty much, as I was watching the continuing action. Once I'd got used to this, it was really refreshing not to get hung up on the decision making and just follow the game, good or bad, ebb or flow, and I wish it were like this now.
23 camera angles allied to 5 minutes of replays and a voice-over from an ex-referee, Jesus, really??!!
I know it seems contradictory to say bring on the tech, then recommend losing all the current replays, but I'm on about, until we use tech formally and officially, a bit like rugby, we shouldn't be trying to have some interim version that doesn't affect games, but just repeatedly goes over any incident ad nauseum, without any outcome other than to whip up outrage or give pundits a job. I've never yet seen a ref change their mind during a game because Shearer, sitting in a studio, thought their decision was shocking.
When I read Pierluigi Collina's autobiography, one of the passages that I really remember well was where he said that if a replay from an angle that he could see proved his decision making incorrect, he'd take that, but disproving him from cameras off the pitch, behind the goal, up in the stands, no, because it was impossible for him to have that view.
Any corruption that may or may not have happened with officials, well that would be disgraceful and I'd love to see someone get found out and imprisoned, but people having a bad day, well why the feck should everyone else walking the planet be allowed to have them, but officials be perfect?
I think for me it's the little Hitlers, and the refs who look like they've never played a match in their lives that wind me up.
De Kuip
De Kuip

The quality, or lack of Refereeing in football. - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:41 am

Mike i will do anything so Villa lose Dean is the ref for the game. Holy fuck!!!!Of all the games for this sugarbag to ref The quality, or lack of Refereeing in football. - Page 2 1306727784
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Dean_(referee)
Were fucked!!!
Here is the wankers stats.
http://www.football-lineups.com/referee/153/
Have we ever won a game when this sugarbag has been the ref?
NARLA24
NARLA24

The quality, or lack of Refereeing in football. - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2