The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Football League Championship: other games

+6
De Kuip
avfc forever
VillaBill
Villa Ranger
AstonThriller
Trotters
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Football League Championship: other games  Empty Football League Championship: other games

Post by Trotters Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:31 pm

We have a thread called "Other Football" but this might be more relevant.

And this is something to get everyone's weekend off to a great start...

Football League Championship: other games  20160812
Trotters
Trotters

Football League Championship: other games  5_star13

Back to top Go down

Football League Championship: other games  Empty Re: Football League Championship: other games

Post by AstonThriller Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:03 am

LOL yeah watched the game. Newcastle just totally ran out of ideas and had no presence upfront. Fulham knocked the ball around really well tbh and can see them challenging for a top ten finish if they continue to play like that.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Football League Championship: other games  5_star11

Back to top Go down

Football League Championship: other games  Empty Re: Football League Championship: other games

Post by Guest Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:57 am

When you saw the work ethic and intensity Fulham showed, lets just say we will get a proper awakening Sunday.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:08 am

I invited an Owls fan onto the forum to give his thoughts. Seems he's an Aussie and you all know we're the nicest people so be nice in return. He's signed up so hopefully will venture in and give us the low down on what to expect in Sunday (well, Monday for him and I) as well as the season in general.

I'm really looking forward to seeing if there is still a gulf in quality (regardless of how utterly shit we were last season) between the premier league and the championship or if we'll get 7 bells knocked out of us each week*

*But if lazy-arse midget Barry Banana can hack this league then anyone can. Right?
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:13 am

I always thought Bannan was a rather tidy player. Lacked a bit quality and physique for the PL, but if you have enough cloggers in your team I can see Bannan do well. I'd rather have Bannan than Westwood and prob Gardner tbh. Though Gardner deserves a few matches before I slate him completely.

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa Ranger Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:18 am

Agree with Aston Thriller that Newcastle looked pretty toothless and Fulham defended deep and denied them space in behind, and knocked the ball around well when in possession.

Also agree with Joppe that this should be a wake-up call for us. This team finished 20th last season and we've just stolen their superstar!

No easy games in this division. Certainly not unless you're 'on it', week in, week out.
Villa Ranger
Villa Ranger

Football League Championship: other games  0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:58 am

Matt Smith, a big lump who is tremendous in the air given proper service, if only Villa had a big lump who would thrive with proper service.
I know we haven't played yet but every time Newcastle lose don't half make me smile
VillaBill
VillaBill

Football League Championship: other games  2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:05 am

VillaBill wrote:Matt Smith, a big lump who is tremendous in the air given proper service, if only Villa had a big lump who would thrive with proper service.
I know we haven't played yet but every time Newcastle lose don't half make me smile

From a mental point of view us winning would really send a message to them I think.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc forever Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:02 pm

I'm pleased the Barcodes lost we need to win tomorrow.
avfc forever
avfc forever

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:56 pm

Looks like Norwich have started well plus Ipswich debut striker hat trick. Forest Burton sounds like a good game to watch 4-3 at present
De Kuip
De Kuip

Football League Championship: other games  5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:07 pm

Sounds like some cracking games today!
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:50 pm

Yeah the Norwich result certainly stands out and I think they'll be happy with Newcastle and us having all the pressure while they skate by with lower expectations. Though tbh they probably couldn't have picked a better side to start against. Blackburn have a new manager the fans don't want and a squad devoid of quality. Think they could struggle this season tbh.

Brighton and Derby drawing was good I think as we don't want either starting like a house on fire and potentially opening up an early gap if we start slowly.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:21 pm

I think Blackburn messed up big time in hiring Owen Coyle. He will be gone by Xmas, and I think they will be relegated
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:57 pm

Yep Blackburn have had a coyle fitted and it already seems to be causing them some discomfort. ...

Just gonna check out the championship on channel 5, that bastion of quality TV.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:40 pm

Wow just saw one of the best pieces of skill anywhere from Ndoi of Fulham. Worth a YouTube view folks......
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:45 pm

Yeah that was special.

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:11 pm

The only way I'd be able to do that is if one of the ball boys slung it at me whilst I was unaware and even then I'd be looking around saying "WTF?" with the same expression as that clip of Gabby looking around when he got tapped on the shoulder lol

On a final note - and it's very hard to tell from a highlights programme, but my feeling is that so far it looks like high energy hi work rate and lots of pressing from teams but I have to say a lot of the goals looked soft by Prem standards.  Even more it suggests we have to be creating chances and having plenty of shots on goal as I think a higher ratio will find the net than in the Prem.
I do think a tight defence coupled with plenty of shots on goal could be a good recipe this season. Owls will certainly be a test I would have loved someone easier but I guess we'll see how we compare with a team tipped for promotion.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:46 am

That has always been my thought on the Championship too; it's not shockingly bad skillwise (not at all) except to say that many of the goals do seem a tad soft. That says to me that either defences aren't quite as alert as prem standard defenders or the goalkeepers are a much lower standard. ..Both of those statements being pretty obvious.

But whilst that should mean plenty of goals for us in the FOR column, there will be plenty against too because, aside from Amavi and maybe Okore, we do not have a premier league quality defence.

Still, I'm really looking forward to watching our first game of the season. Thankfully it's in Bein Sports here although as I have the kids this weekend I'll be recording it and watching it over cornflakes first thing Monday.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by avfcjay Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:41 am

It's on BeIN? I could only see the mini game they air. Which channel?
avfcjay

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:02 am

Looks like the full game is on Foxtel. Bein Sports 2HD.

For those games that won't be shown, I've grabbed an app on my phone called Mobdro. I think it's only for android but not sure. And it's not available thru the Play Store either...you gotta get it right off the Mobdro site

But it has just about every sports channel in the world. I was expecting some ad-laden, pay per view, low-res shit but it's fantastic!

You've not lived until you've watched Kabaddi Laughing
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by avfcjay Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:42 am

Ah cool,I must have been looking with tired eyes. I'll check it out after work today. Thanks for that!

I'm on iOS so doubt it would be on there.

Kabbadi is hilarious, no idea what, if any, rules they have but it is fun to watch. Back in the UK a few of the guys I worked with were of Indian descent and used to play it on the odd occasion!
avfcjay

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:08 am

I tried to work it out just from watching but had to Google it. I'm shocked it hasn't caught on I'm schools considering kids play "Tag" so much. It's brilliant to watch.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:15 am

Just checked; mobdro not on ios yet. Looks like they have a version for the Android operating system coming out with the ability to record. That's one for the folks with android boxes. And a huge game-changer. Will keep an eye on this for the tech thread.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:21 am

Mobdro is ace! Brilliant quality when the my wifi is working well. I can even watch BBC, ITV, C4 Sky 1 etc they are not just for sports which is great for us expats.

DelboyVilla

Football League Championship: other games  3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:15 am

Way off topic - sorry - but I checked out the movie section and found myself watching Manhattan Murder Mystery. Great stuff. I can see mobdro testing my download limits this season.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next