The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Pierluigi Gollini

+13
AstonThriller
UnclePanda
smetro
KMitch
LVBrit
NARLA24
Trotters
Villa_Dan
avfc85
avfc forever
Saunders82
TheVillansOfAston
4BetLite
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pierluigi Gollini - Page 2 Empty Re: Pierluigi Gollini

Post by AstonThriller Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:53 pm

Gollini has played at the top level in Italy. He faced the likes of Milan, Inter, Juventus, Lazio, Roma etc!..and we can't trust him to face Rotherham, Burton and co? Come on lads Very Happy .

Yes he made an error but for me his overall game looked very impressive and I can see him becoming a seriously good keeper in the years ahead. He covers his angles really well, is quick off his line and can save shots with his legs and hands equally well. No doubt there will be bumps in the road but look at how Degea started at United? He was a sitting duck when crosses came in the box but he learned and he's a star now. Gollini reminds me of a young Degea a little tbh.

Last edited by AstonThriller on Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Pierluigi Gollini - Page 2 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:50 pm

I thought he played great yday apart from 1 dodgy kick. Looks big and commanding and i too think he'll be a too keeper
danclare82
danclare82

Pierluigi Gollini - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:59 pm

Looks the real deal now. I will admit I had my reservations about a 21 year old keeper from overseas coming in as our first choice with no obvious back up. Early season my fears seemed to be confirmed. Even before Bruce arrived he was starting to look a bit more relaxed - and whilst he didn't do anything spectacular yesterday - he was generally composed.
Well done that man !
smetro
smetro

Pierluigi Gollini - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:28 pm

Settled and organised defence in front of him leaves Gollini free to concentrate
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:44 pm

Think it's more a case of players needing to get match fit. They need a consistent run in the side to produce stability in their performances, and this goes through the team. Which is the whole problem with shifting out managers twice a year.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:30 pm

Looks Premier League quality to me

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:10 pm

The problem is if Gollini get any better he will be picked off by one of the big boys. There have been roomers that he has been scouted by a continental  side. Sorry for the specific  and precise information but I am still getting over the game on Sunday. Pierluigi Gollini - Page 2 226846862
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:03 pm

That's a luxury problem for me. If he/they perform so well CL clubs are interested we have already done well signing him.

Secondly we can probably tell most clubs to feck off. Ofc. if mega rich clubs come knocking and we get 4-5-6 x what we paid, then that's excellent business for us. Anyone else shouldn't even get attention.

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:21 pm

Rumours that Gollini might be off in January if Bruce goes for someone new. I like Gollini and think he's got a big future. I hope he's not going to be like Traore, someone else I think will go on to do really well, just not for us.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:08 am

i think he will become one of the best keepers in the world.
we do need another keeper as we dont have quality back up and i think Bruce knows it.
Gollini will have dips in form, that comes with his age so we do need someone to put pressure on and they end up battling it out for the No 1 spot.
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:49 am

FoxyAV wrote:Rumours that Gollini might be off in January if Bruce goes for someone new. I like Gollini and think he's got a big future. I hope he's not going to be like Traore, someone else I think will go on to do really well, just not for us.

That would be incredibly stupid.

I'd argue he's one of the few players we got that is PL quality. He's had a few mistakes his season, but you will have that when you are thrown into it as a young players. Cahill had it as well. It's these types of players that ride it out, are allowed to fail a bit that can push on and become a good fucking player.

In fact strike incredibly stupid. Lets call it monumentally stupid.

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc forever Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:34 pm

I like Gollini I want to keep him he's young and will only get better.
avfc forever
avfc forever

Pierluigi Gollini - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum